Metal Storm logo
Your favourite season?

Original post

Posted by Stalker, 22.03.2007 - 23:52
Being that I'm big admirer of nature, it came across my mind that it would be nice to know what do you people think about certain parts of year, and which is your favourite. Especially because we all live in different parts of world, and things look different in different places, so to say. You get the idea.

Concerning me, I like better "transient" seasons, autumn and spring, that are between two extremes - winter and summer. I like more those hints of changes that are coming to be, than that change itself. And between spring and autumn, I choose autumn, because spring is too lively and colorfull for me, all aroun bee's buzzing, butterflies flying, tons of flowers and noise everywhere...
Although its for some poeple too depresive and boring, I like autumn because its more quiet and peacefull, I like watching and listening rain, or sitting in forest in absolute silence, when you cant hear anything except falling of the leaves... its one of the most beautifull things for me....

So, which do you like (or dislike), please explain why??

Poll

Which is your favourite part of the year??

Winter
Summer
Autumn
Spring

Total votes: 174
25.12.2012 - 15:04
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Ernis on 24.12.2012 at 21:40

Written by Warman on 19.12.2012 at 22:57

The romantic image of Northern Winter is complete bullshit.

This is the best post of the thread. Tack så mycket!

It kills me when my acquaintances (usually girls) who live in warm countries talk things such as "Oh GOD! Winter, the snow! The FROST! It's a true fairytale!"
Then they come here for a short visit for the holidays, they're all "OH how wonderful!" and then they go back to Italy, Spain or wherever they live for the rest of the time and then they cry to their southern friends about how they MISS the winter fairytale they had to leave behind. They don't get to live in that hostile environment from OCTOBER to MAY...

Seriously, I ain't kidding ya, couple of years ago I was in France and Germany in the end of March and enjoyed some really nice spring weather... you know, the way spring is supposed to be... 17C and sunshine, flowers blossoming and all that jazz... Landed in Tallinn and found myself in a dark infernal place with heavy snowfall... struth...

Ice and snow falling from heights is a potential killer or it can just make you paraplegic... one tourist got killed, one woman was partly scalped, one girl ended up in coma etc...

Slask fills hospitals with hordes of victims who have sprained or broken something after falling on the street... car accidents... no comments...

If you're a naturally fast walker, it's a physical and spiritual torture being forced to walk like a Japanese geisha or a Chinese princess with bound feet, inch by inch in order to avoid slipping on the slask...

And there ain't much motivation to go outside and have fun just because you need to suit up to leave the house because it's equivalent to leaving a spacecraft that's landed on a hostile planet...

what is slask? It isn't an English word?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.12.2012 - 15:26
Fredd
Account deleted
Egyptian winter is the best.
Summer is toooo fucking hot.
Spring is too fucking sandy.
Autumn is pretty cool, but gets pretty hectic.
25.12.2012 - 22:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.12.2012 at 15:04

'
Dunno , IMO he ment halka or svallis what are 2 swedish words
for example on the road might be ice and slipery specely in springs when snow is melting in day tike and freezes on night time
it makes road icy and slipery

I hate under snow ice, I went 200m down from hill when slip, might be like my friends friend Gustav who was 10 years old and fet and stuck between rocks .... it was hard to get him out, I slip in same way

Halka means slip
this is svallis

when its dangerose we have sign warmnings on road halka or svallis and near where i live its often we have svallis in spring time,
http://www.vf.se/nyheter/karlstad/svallis-isolerade-tre-familjer

EDDIT: Torelli and Warman
We had -29¤C(at day time not night time) during christmass and day before, now its -17¤C , tommrow might be warmer , next week, during dy it will be -10¤C something

Damn 2 bags of fire woods are emty
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.12.2012 - 00:27
Ernis
狼獾

I understood Warman used the Swedish term in order to describe this layer of ice and snow that melts partially during the day and then freezes again during the night so that the following day you have to make your way across a landscape of slopes and holes that is so slippery that in order to maintain balance you have to walk like a Chinese princess... thus, making an otherwise 5-min walk to a 15-min ordeal... Speaking of the layer of ice... it's so thick and usually covers the streets from October/November to April/May so you can forget what the paths under it used to look like... I forget what the pavement under it looked like...

Written by [user id=114127] on 25.12.2012 at 15:26

Australian winter is the best... it's like Estonian summer...
26.12.2012 - 03:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ernis on 26.12.2012 at 00:27

I understood Warman used the Swedish term in order to describe this layer of ice and snow that melts partially during the day and then freezes again during the night so that the following day you have to make your way across a landscape of slopes and holes that is so slippery that in order to maintain balance you have to walk like a Chinese princess... thus, making an otherwise 5-min walk to a 15-min ordeal... Speaking of the layer of ice... it's so thick and usually covers the streets from October/November to April/May so you can forget what the paths under it used to look like... I forget what the pavement under it looked like...

Written by [user id=114127] on 25.12.2012 at 15:26

Australian winter is the best... it's like Estonian summer...

same like halka and svallis
----

apos;'
[image]
26.12.2012 - 22:47
Torelli

Written by Ernis on 26.12.2012 at 00:27

In addition, "slask" would be the kind of snow that you get when it is + degrees outside, in other words melting snow (think of snowballs rolled in water). Got me think of another bad thing about spring-winter; water on ice. Not only do you get hurt if slip, but also get completly wet.
30.12.2012 - 16:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Torelli on 26.12.2012 at 22:47

, "slask" would be the kind of snow that you get when it is + degrees outside, in other words melting snow (think of snowballs rolled in water). Got me think of another bad thing about spring-winter; water on ice. Not only do you get hurt if slip, but also get completly wet.

fuck man today was worts landing in Luleå-Kallax aiport ever we hav rain +3¤c humid and I never have been in plain in such stupid wind, Stockholm sucked today actualy all sucks today I want my winter beck
----

apos;'
[image]
01.01.2013 - 22:47
Guib
Thrash Talker
Fuck winter... Im getting tired of this shit snow man. We have like a wall of snow in front of the house. We can't see the roads anymore, theres ice fucking everywhere... Car accidents every fucking day. I hate this shit. We had like 4 snowstorms within 10 days... fml
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
03.01.2013 - 01:45
Evil Chip
I prefer being wet because of the snow or rain than because my own sweat. So Winter it is for me.
03.01.2013 - 09:49
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
In winter i miss the summer !!! in the summer i miss the winter is it just me or u guys feel the same !! however if it comes to a vote i would choose winter !! i just love the dark clouds and the rain outside my window i dont know why but it makes feel alive and i tend to think alot while watching the rain fall
03.01.2013 - 17:18
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Guib on 01.01.2013 at 22:47

Fuck winter... Im getting tired of this shit snow man. We have like a wall of snow in front of the house. We can't see the roads anymore, theres ice fucking everywhere... Car accidents every fucking day. I hate this shit. We had like 4 snowstorms within 10 days... fml

But that's normal, you're in Canada : )

Makes life in North-Eastern Europe feel like Spain...
03.01.2013 - 18:49
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha

Blame Kashmir too.

4 avalanches already been hit it in the extreme north part of India. Snow has significantly fuck us up everyday and this saga has started since 14th of Nov. This shit won't wrapped up before March kicks-in.
03.01.2013 - 22:27
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 03.01.2013 at 18:49

Blame Kashmir too.

4 avalanches already been hit it in the extreme north part of India. Snow has significantly fuck us up everyday and this saga has started since 14th of Nov. This shit won't wrapped up before March kicks-in.

The thing is that we don't need avalanches to get a shit ton of snow that fucks us up. It just come out of nowhere for no particular reason. Plus now today, its -30 Celsius. Im gonna kill someone if this keep up. Lol
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
04.01.2013 - 14:23
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guib on 03.01.2013 at 22:27

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 03.01.2013 at 18:49

Blame Kashmir too.

The thing is that we don't need avalanches to get a shit ton of snow that fucks us up. It just come out of nowhere for no particular reason. Plus now today, its -30 Celsius. Im gonna kill someone if this keep up. Lol

-30, goddamn!

Here it went down to maximum -11 and minimum is -.4.6 approx. Still, snow has to come down no matter what.

i don't have a problems with winter season as they're always great but avalanches hitting it up every 2 or 3 days intervals is fucking sick. It just doesn't get messy only but have to clean the whole goddamn snow from balcony and counterparts. That makes "me pretty tired.
04.01.2013 - 15:41
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
-30... shit that's cold. It's the opposite down here, been in the mid +30 degrees celsius all week. I hate summer.
04.01.2013 - 18:01
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by R'Vannith on 04.01.2013 at 15:41

-30... shit that's cold. It's the opposite down here, been in the mid +30 degrees celsius all week. I hate summer.

Lol damn right, you lucky australian bastard lolll
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
05.01.2013 - 02:39
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
Written by Guib on 04.01.2013 at 18:01

I'd gladly trade in some of that cold for this heat but I'd prefer it if I didn't freeze to death
05.01.2013 - 09:56
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by R'Vannith on 05.01.2013 at 02:39

Written by Guib on 04.01.2013 at 18:01

I'd gladly trade in some of that cold for this heat but I'd prefer it if I didn't freeze to death

Not to death no worries, but I can't assure you your car will still start and that you'll be able to exit your parking.
Nothing against your country but I think you guys aren't prepared for this kind of shit lol
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
05.01.2013 - 10:32
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
Written by Guib on 05.01.2013 at 09:56

Not to death no worries, but I can't assure you your car will still start and that you'll be able to exit your parking.
Nothing against your country but I think you guys aren't prepared for this kind of shit lol

Dunno, I usually enjoy the cold. Just not THAT cold. About -10 would be considered seriously cold down here so most would't make it up there in Canada Can't even imagine all that snow, I can literally count with the fingers on one hand the number of times I've seen snow down here.
05.01.2013 - 10:34
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by R'Vannith on 05.01.2013 at 10:32

Written by Guib on 05.01.2013 at 09:56

Dunno, I usually enjoy the cold. Just not THAT cold. About -10 would be considered seriously cold down here so most would't make it up there in Canada Can't even imagine all that snow, I can literally count with the fingers on one hand the number of times I've seen snow down here.

Holy shit ... well actually its not that surprising, you're in australia But yeah I think you'd have serious problems up here lol
Most people from other countries have problems with our winters the first couple years lol They arrive here during the summer
and they're like ''Oh damn, its a nice place, awesome weather'' and then when winter shows up ''Why the fuck did I came here fml'' lol
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
05.01.2013 - 16:47
VPeter
Now I love Spring and Autumn the most. Spring smells so fresh, so full of life. Everything is flourishing. Taking a stroll in nature during Spring is amazing. I love Autumn because I'm a melancholic person and I like Autumn rain.
05.01.2013 - 17:08
FOOCK Nam
I love winter. Recently my city has gone up to under 9 C or lower, but I guess not under 7 C. Sadly I cant do anything fun... My parents dont allow me to practice cold water bath, so I have nothing to do besides sleeping from night to afternoon of the next day. That's so sad,... hope someday after landing in some true cold country I will have a lot of fun...
26.03.2013 - 18:17
Jpageforever
I love the Summer. The weather is just perfect, everything in the forest and the fields is immensely green, and I'm not in school so I can read whatever books I want, and I can read them all day
26.03.2013 - 20:24
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Winter because I live in the hot desert of Arizona, where it can get to 110, 115 degrees Fahrenheit (43-46 Celsius). Winter is awesome because it's not burning-like-Satan's-nutsack hot.
----
07.05.2019 - 20:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Nowadays I will say , Summer and winter
I like summer, when you wear shirts and maybe t shirt, can go out whit shirt. Sun is shining 22-23h per day , its like 24h per day, its awesome, you dont need anything. Like last year even here in a north you can swim, water was awesome warm. bad thing it was forbbit to make open fire or use grill in whole sweden, only small place near Norway border was OK.

Warm summer is awesome.

Then I love winter, sun never shines, well it does 2h but you need to be in special place to see sun disc. I like aurora, cold winter night when moon light ablaze in a snow. I like when its 1m snow, even more, you can drive scooter. walk on frozen river even drove over whit a car. I like long walks, perfect tempreture for winter is -15¤C here up. (only bad for cars, angine heater must eb plugget all the time, and clean snow around and from is anoying)

I hate autumn, when it rains, wet snow comes, melts, rains.. I hate sprinmg when snow melts, streets are fucked up, and small stones what are used to make it not icy, before we pick all up its anoying, I hate spring, autumn, adore summer, winter.

winter must be: late opktober till march from -5¤C to -35¤C in ferbruary
spring comes mid march snow melts to april, then real spring to mid may
Summer june-augusti +20¤c to 35¤ ,
autumn september- oktober

even its utopia, snow stays to may, late april ehh
----

apos;'
[image]
21.06.2019 - 17:52
Stargazer48
European summer is the best for sure. I hate it when it's always hot and sunny as hell, I need rain as well time to time. I love to spend my summer vacations in Montenegro because of this. We bought a real estate in Kotor Bay by the beach years ago and I don't even want to return back to the US at the end of the summer.
22.06.2019 - 23:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Stargazer48 on 21.06.2019 at 17:52

European summer is the best for sure. I hate it when it's always hot and sunny as hell, I need rain as well time to time. I love to spend my summer vacations in Montenegro because of this. We bought a real estate in Kotor Bay by the beach years ago and I don't even want to return back to the US at the end of the summer.

Go to Alaska, or Canada. In italy, greece, spain can be same hell as in Texas
----

apos;'
[image]
18.02.2021 - 14:09
bruhmoment
I love summer, summer loves me, we in love, recently i decided to leave cold in 70% Europe and choose from two countries - Thailand or Turkey. So... it was a Turkey, because a temperature and a lot of interesting people around me, who comes to rest here was hard to move, but my parents help me to buy a house in Turkey and find a job. it's prety nice.
18.02.2021 - 15:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by bruhmoment on 18.02.2021 at 14:09

I love summer, summer loves me, we in love, recently i decided to leave cold in 70% Europe and choose from two countries - Thailand or Turkey. So... it was a Turkey, because a temperature and a lot of interesting people around me, who comes to rest here was hard to move, but my parents help me to buy a house in Turkey and find a job. it's prety nice.

Where are you from? I never understood why Thailand is so popular, turkey to.
I love summer, treas are green, midnight sun. I love winter as well, ice, snow, cold. I never leave sweden in summer and winter.
----

apos;'
[image]
23.04.2021 - 17:05
bernardand
I prefer being wet because of the snow or rain than because my own sweat. So Winter it is for me.