Panopticon
In The Absence Of Truth
Oceanic
Celestial

Total votes: 35
10.05.2007 - 11:01
Meuterei
Account deleted
I know there are some Isis fans here - pick your favorite album!

(Note: This is only out of the LP's, since if I added EP's and all the live albums the poll would be WAY too long!)

Mine used to be Oceanic, but lately In the Absence of Truth has taken over, I can't get enough of it. It really does sound like everything the band has been trying to achieve over the last several years, all in one place.
10.05.2007 - 12:41
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
Panopticon. I enjoyed it the most out of their albums. Great use of atmosphere and heaviness.
15.05.2007 - 20:32
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
elite
I have to go with In The Absence Of Truth. I saw them preform most of it live, and it was breathtaking.
----
(space for rent)
31.05.2007 - 16:05
Meuterei
Account deleted
Written by Dane Train on 15.05.2007 at 20:32

I have to go with In The Absence Of Truth. I saw them preform most of it live, and it was breathtaking.

I'm jealous, I still haven't been able to catch them live
04.06.2007 - 15:57
Throne of Rats
I love the first three all equally as much, but I had to go Panopticon
----
Burning Crosses, Invoke the Powers, Rape the Crown, Hell Awaits!!
07.12.2009 - 06:32
whatsacow
In absence of truth. it is a truly beautiful album. And Aaron Turner has an awesome clean voice, which sounds even better live.
I can't wait to see them at soundwave, with meshuggah and Janes Addiction. It'll be a fuckin sweet gig
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
07.12.2009 - 08:56
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I voted for Panopticon because the atmospheric instrumentals really put me in a good mood.
13.12.2009 - 15:15
YIN
In The Absence Of Truth,prefect metal combine with post rock , deep sad feeling.not easy to do that.
13.12.2009 - 18:59
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Although groundbreaking, it's hard for me to listen to this band often. I chose Panopticon, although I like their other works as well.
----
Brujerizmo!
15.12.2009 - 02:19
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
contributor
Wavering Radiant - quite possibly my album of the year for 2009....seriously!
----
rekt
04.01.2012 - 12:11
adace1
I voted Panopticon but Wavering Radiant is my all time favorite Isis album.
04.01.2012 - 14:51
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Really tough choice though. I'm gonna have to think about it for a while. I actually like all of them.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
04.03.2012 - 09:20
Mike1234
OK this is tough. Let me preface this post by saying I have listened to "In the Absence of Truth" over 100 times and have heard something different with each listen. This is why I have voted it the best album. I have listened to the other maybe 10 times a piece and have found "Panopticon" the most accessible/ heaviest, with "Oceanic" being their breakthrough album. Also I think this post may have originated before "Wavering Radiant" was released which definitely changes things. That album may be even more accessible than "Panopticon", (with Adam Jones from Tool ripping bad ass organ riffs) though not sure any better. So, if I had to choose: 1. "Absence" 2. (Tie) "Panopticon", "Wavering Radiant" 3. "Oceanic" 4. "Celestial". They are all amazing!!
04.03.2012 - 18:42
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
contributor
Written by Mike1234 on 04.03.2012 at 09:20

OK this is tough. Let me preface this post by saying I have listened to "In the Absence of Truth" over 100 times and have heard something different with each listen. This is why I have voted it the best album. I have listened to the other maybe 10 times a piece and have found "Panopticon" the most accessible/ heaviest, with "Oceanic" being their breakthrough album. Also I think this post may have originated before "Wavering Radiant" was released which definitely changes things. That album may be even more accessible than "Panopticon", (with Adam Jones from Tool ripping bad ass organ riffs) though not sure any better. So, if I had to choose: 1. "Absence" 2. (Tie) "Panopticon", "Wavering Radiant" 3. "Oceanic" 4. "Celestial". They are all amazing!!

Very difficult indeed. Interesting choice yours. Absence doesn't get much love compared to Panopticon and Oceanic. I went with Wavering...I love the bass guitar in that whole album.
----
rekt
10.03.2012 - 02:27
adace1
Wavering Radiant is my favorite. Out of all the albums, that one has the most interesting, nuanced sound. I miss Isis sorely.
08.09.2012 - 10:23
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I love this band's work. They are very unique. I love both Wavering Radiant and Panopticon greatly, however if i had to choose, I would easily go with Panopticon. The first time I listened to it, I was in a daze, it was hypnotizing.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
14.11.2014 - 23:08
_deepblack
Isis is my all time favorite band and Panopticon is their best album and i think Altered Course id their best track specially if u see the live track but Panopticon has very great songs like In Fiction and So Did We also Oceanic album is amazing with tracks like Weight and From Sinking and Beginning And The End but Panopticon is diffrent in many ways its very very unique album from Isis and most important album of Post Metal till now