Metal Storm logo
Marillion - Announce First Album In Six Years

British rock legends Marillion have announced their 20th studio album, An Hour Before It's Dark, which will arrive on March 4th, 2022 and will be their first studio album since 2016's F E A R (F*** Everyone And Run). The album is now available for pre-order, while its lead single "Be Hard On Yourself" can be streamed below.

The label said in a statement: "Whether it's the last hour you were allowed to play outside as a child before you had to go home, a reference to the fight against time in relation to the climate crisis or the last minutes in a person's life, Marillion once again put their finger on the pulse of time. Be it social, political, or personal issues, Marillion have never minced words and have always found a way to combine them with their own unique sound, known for incredible songwriting, melodies and top-notch musicianship, while swimming against the tide, not bending to norms and limitations."

Singer Steve Hogarth commented: "Despite the seemingly bleak contemplations across this album - the virus, our mortality, medical science, care, AND Leonard Cohen (ha ha) - the overall feeling of the music is surprisingly upbeat. I think the band are as on form as they ever were really, and the addition of Choir Noir has added another new soul and color to things."

Track listing as follows:

01. Be Hard On Yourself
i. The Tear In The Big Picture
ii. Lust For Luxury
iii. You Can Learn

02. Reprogram The Gene
i. Invincible
ii. Trouble-Free Life
iii. A Cure For Us?

03. Only A Kiss (Instrumental)
04. Murder Machines
05. The Crow And The Nightingale
06. Sierra Leone
i. Chance In A Million
ii. The White Sand
iii. The Diamond
iv. The Blue Warm Air

v. More Than A Treasure
07. Care
i. Maintenance Drugs
ii. An Hour Before It's Dark
iii. Every Call
iv. Angels On Earth

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Marillion
Posted: 23.11.2021 by Metal God

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 46 users
23.11.2021 - 10:38
JoHn Doe
Happy with this news, one of my favorite bands, and the new song is awesome.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
02.12.2021 - 23:28
LordFezzington
Lost To Apathy
Written by JoHn Doe on 23.11.2021 at 10:38

Happy with this news, one of my favorite bands, and the new song is awesome.

More or less exactly this

Not sure how I missed this until today - shows how preoccupied I've been with boring life stuff. Fuck Everyone didn't really do anything for me, but this has me very excited.
----
"Pay no heed to anyone and do what seems right to yourself." - Franz Kafka, The Trial
2022 List: https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=7001
2021 List: https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=6742

Hits total: 1481 | This month: 10