05. Bonfire Of The Insanities
06. The Fury (Interlude)
07. The Far Bank At The River Styx
08. Enantiodromia (Interlude)
09. Tabula Rasa

Staff review by
musclassia
Rating:
Music isn’t the art form most suited to sequels, so it may not have much competition, but Panzerfaust’s The Suns Of Perdition must be among the best metal album trilogies ever.

Read more ››
published 21.07.2022 | Comments (3)

Found in 29 lists
Top lists

Comments page 3 / 3

Comments: 64   Visited by: 567 users
18.11.2022 - 18:49
Satyr73
Total music
10.11.2023 - 07:39
Rating: 9
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
contributor
After listening to The Suns Of Perdition trilogy relentlessly over the last couple of days I'd say this one is becoming my favorite, and that really is saying something. I think the interludes are unnecessary, but after removing them from my playlist I find the album still flows brilliantly. Other than that it's pretty much a faultless release imo. "Bonfire Of The Insanities", and "The Far Bank At The River Styx" are arguably the best tracks in the whole trilogy imo.
10.11.2023 - 17:01
gavdann
Written by AndyMetalFreak on 10.11.2023 at 07:39

I think the interludes are unnecessary

I wouldn't say that about the final interlude as the drumming is phenomenal and one of my favourite tracks from the entire album. It still really bugs me that it has been cut to about 1 minute on the vinyl version.

Suns II is still my favourite and by far the most played. I'm in danger of having to buy another copy for fear of wearing out the grooves.

10.11.2023 - 18:10
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
contributor
Written by gavdann on 10.11.2023 at 17:01

Written by AndyMetalFreak on 10.11.2023 at 07:39

I think the interludes are unnecessary

I wouldn't say that about the final interlude as the drumming is phenomenal and one of my favourite tracks from the entire album. It still really bugs me that it has been cut to about 1 minute on the vinyl version.

Suns II is still my favourite and by far the most played. I'm in danger of having to buy another copy for fear of wearing out the grooves.

Funny enough I've played Suns II about three times today and there are several outstanding moments on that record. I agree the final interlude is the best, definitely in terms of drumming. Having all three on vinyl is something I'm hopeful for in the future.

Hits total: 7907 | This month: 29