Metal Storm logo
Devin Townsend - To Release New Studio Album 'Lightwork'

Devin Townsend and Inside Out Music are very pleased to announce that the new studio album dubbed Lightwork, produced by Devin and Gggarth Richardson, will be released on the 28th of October, 2022. The front cover artwork was designed by long-time friend and designer Travis Smith. The album will be accompanied by a companion record called Nightwork, available as part of the limited edition versions of the release. More details on the formats will follow in the coming months, along with pre-order details.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Devin Townsend
Posted: 21.06.2022 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 133 users
21.06.2022 - 15:31
MetalManic

What a departure from what we've seen from Travis Smith over the years. Fantastic cover tho.
21.06.2022 - 17:02
Zap
Weird, I remember the Dublin show on the last European tour was called Lightwork Tour at some point, with artwork that also featured tentacles in a similar style.
They didn't play any new songs though, so I guess this suffered some delays.
21.06.2022 - 17:22
A Real Mönkey

Always down for more Devy.
----
"Change the world. My final message. Goodbye."

~Last words of Harambe, seconds before he was shot, according to child he shielded from gunfire
21.06.2022 - 20:50
Oracles

Is this an actual album or another one of those weird ambient sound ones?

Was interesting to see that another album is coming along with this.
21.06.2022 - 20:50
Oracles

Written by MetalManic on 21.06.2022 at 15:31

What a departure from what we've seen from Travis Smith over the years. Fantastic cover tho.

It's a good album cover, but I think it needs to be at least 1.5x bigger IMO. There's a bit too much empty space for my liking.
22.06.2022 - 12:30
Ivy Patterns

Please be better than Snuggles
02.07.2022 - 00:39
Pablo

Just don't care about the artwork as long as the music is ok. More and more minimalistic.

Hits total: 1367 | This month: 13