Metal Storm logo
Kamelot - Ready To Release Next Record 'The Awakening'

Kamelot are thrilled to announce the release of their thirteenth full length effort, their first one in five years. Entitled The Awakening, it will hit the streets on March 17th 2023 via Napalm Records. The 13-piece music output was produced by Sascha Paeth and mixed by Jacob Hansen. Below you can check out the first streaming single, "One More Flag In The Ground", with accompanying official video.

Vocalist Tommy Karevik comments: "The main focus on this video and song was to have a metaphor for the struggles of fighting disease or illness, whether it being physical or mental. Each step of healing and recovery is another Flag in the Ground. With every little step, one more victory won…"

Guitarist Thomas Youngblood says: "With The Awakening, we have one of our most diverse albums in years. We've fused elements from progressive, power and gothic metal to symphonic and melodic metal on this one. Working with incredible guest artists from around the music industry and having producer Sascha Paeth and Jacob Hansen mixing gave us another step up on overall sound. This album offers everything to Kamelot fans and also reaches beyond borders to new metal and hard rock legions."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Kamelot
Posted: 12.01.2023 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 27   Visited by: 160 users
12.01.2023 - 21:29
majormalfunction

Not gonna lie, that was pretty horrible
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands
12.01.2023 - 22:30
Ellinor

RIP Kamelot
12.01.2023 - 23:42
Illusion's_Void

Dogshit. Showcasing itself as a true-sucessor for a pretty crappy record.
13.01.2023 - 00:15
JoHn Doe

Written by Ellinor on 12.01.2023 at 22:30

RIP Kamelot

RIP Kamelot 2007.
There, I said it.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
13.01.2023 - 00:24
skelator

RIP Kamelot

Meeeh, typical Karevik music
----
Best Metal Albums of 2023: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9jaZJRBeBw

Best Metal Demos: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HtsgSQjV44
13.01.2023 - 00:34
JoHn Doe

Written by skelator on 13.01.2023 at 00:24

RIP Kamelot

Meeeh, typical Karevik music

not quite, I think Seventh Wonder is quite good.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
13.01.2023 - 04:20
Aries Rising

They need to change producers, this bad has been on a slow decline since The Ghost Opera. That was their last great record.
13.01.2023 - 08:38
The Melting Snow

Within Temptation with Male vocals
13.01.2023 - 11:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I hope this will be year when this band will stop playing music. Horrible
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.01.2023 - 11:30
JoHn Doe

Written by Bad English on 13.01.2023 at 11:15

I doubt that, this band is quite popular. It's gonna be around for a long while.
----
13.01.2023 - 11:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by JoHn Doe on 13.01.2023 at 11:30

Written by Bad English on 13.01.2023 at 11:15

I doubt that, this band is quite popular. It's gonna be around for a long while.

I know, and they still can earn from shows, life performances, but last few albums are horrible
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.01.2023 - 14:11
Night Theater

Written by JoHn Doe on 13.01.2023 at 00:15

RIP Kamelot

RIP Kamelot 2005.
There, I said it.

Although it took a different direction, Ghost Opera was still good. PFTP was horrible.

As for this new video, I think the music in itself is good, but alas, it's not as good as Kamelot's old stuff.
13.01.2023 - 15:19
JoHn Doe

Written by Night Theater on 13.01.2023 at 14:11

RIP Kamelot 2005.
There, I said it.

Although it took a different direction, Ghost Opera was still good. PFTP was horrible.

oh, maybe i did not express myself correctly.
2005 as in what they did after does not do much for me, starting with PFTP.
Ghost Opera is a solid album.
----
13.01.2023 - 16:16
MeatWolf

Silverthorn and Haven are both awesome albums.

This new single doesn't sound like Kamelot though. Visions of Atlantis sound more like Kamelot on their 'Wild Elysium' track from the recent album for that matter.
13.01.2023 - 18:14
unswabbed

I like Kamelot and I hope this title doesn't reflect the album. This song is really a disaster, even the last track of Within Temptation is better
13.01.2023 - 18:28
Oracles

Written by MeatWolf on 13.01.2023 at 16:16

Silverthorn and Haven are both awesome albums.

This new single doesn't sound like Kamelot though. Visions of Atlantis sound more like Kamelot on their 'Wild Elysium' track from the recent album for that matter.

Every album with Tommy has been really bad and I am not writing this as a Khan fanboy or hating Tommy. Tommy sounds great in Seventh Wonder, not that they are my cup of tea, but they have at least a respectable sound I can get behind. The problem is that Youngblood wants him to sing and sound just like Roy Khan and it simply doesn't work. Take "Sacrimony (Angel of Afterlife)" for example, that song was specifically styled for Roy Khan at heart and it's one of the few songs that sound good with Tommy. However, there is not a lot, the band is unforunately dead.
13.01.2023 - 19:53
MeatWolf

I've known Kamelot since around Black Halo, checked every album when it was released ever since and well, I never liked Khan, honestly, Karevik is better at it. Khan really used to overdo it with the emotional intoning while Karevik sounds way smoother. Songwriting on Silverthorn and Haven is also really good. The Shadow Theory was a letdown however, that I agree with.

Of course the duck syndrome and all in this case and that's fine but these are my 2 cents.
14.01.2023 - 01:29
24emd
Theory Snob
Definitely nothing special, and Kamelot's music never has really impressed me that much. But not as awful as the comments make it out to be.
----
"I am too stupid to be human, and I lack common sense." - Proverbs 30:2
"Music? Well, it's just entertainment, folks!" - Devin Townsend

Best 2024 Albums
15.01.2023 - 17:31
Kais

This single is not 'awful' by any means as some of the above mention, IMO. If compared to nothing else, I'd give it a solid 7. That said - they've been dragging this overplayed neo-gothic shit for way too long. It got to the point it just sounds like anything else they released since Silverthorn. Karevik is an amazing vocalist, but so under-used in Thomas' "what Roy would probably sound like had he been younger" vocal line randomizer machine.
15.01.2023 - 20:08
Enissa

Eeeeh.. Nothing great here. As an absolute fan of what Kamelot used to be, I can say the same about changing producers - Maybe leave Paeth alone and get a new one, and don't let Thomas control everything in the band while you're at it.
16.01.2023 - 12:12
zakapior

Sounds like a good song for Amaranthe, but where is the Kamelot in that?
17.01.2023 - 15:02
The Evergreen

Karma, Epica, Black Halo... those are what hooked me. Everything else has been lesser, and past PTFP, downright forgetable.
18.01.2023 - 13:15
CWA

The song is definitely good and enjoyable. The problem with this band is that they created masterpieces like The Black Halo in the past and now they are forever plagued with living in the shadows of their own greatness.
19.01.2023 - 12:23
marco

God dammit, just had to log in after several years just to say that you guys are the worst freaking gatekeepers. Sheesh, you don't have to like it. Move on and find something else to whine about.
----
the proggy bubblefucker
19.01.2023 - 12:48
nikarg

- I love X band's new song!!
- You're just a silly fanboy/fangirl!

- The new song by X band is really awful!
- You are an elitist gatekeeper!
25.01.2023 - 06:45
Hope it's not a Silver Thorn 4.0. All their albums with Tommy have sounded as if they're trying to continue Roy's legacy with a different singer by just adapting the same old formula with Tommy.
02.02.2023 - 11:48
JoHn Doe

Written by JoHn Doe on 13.01.2023 at 15:19

Written by Night Theater on 13.01.2023 at 14:11

RIP Kamelot 2005.
There, I said it.

oh, maybe i did not express myself correctly.
2005 as in what they did after does not do much for me, starting with PFTP.
Ghost Opera is a solid album.

I got a couple of years wrong here, I thought PFTP was released in 2007, but it was Ghost Opera, i think I confused a few people. Shame on me, i apologise.
----

Hits total: 2351 | This month: 9