23.04.2024 - 09:09
Ed plain
Singles sound completely awesome I can't wait
25.05.2024 - 09:30
Rating: 6
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
This ain't a bad tech death release by any means, it even borders on symphonic death at times, but I've certainly heard better tech death albums this year. It has a very solid production, and the musicianship skills are clearly a high-quality standard, but unfortunately the songwriting doesn't wow or excite me in any way.
26.05.2024 - 13:06
Rating: 8
Liafev
There are band I don’t expect any surprise from. And Vale of Pnath was one of them, they’ve been very consistent in the style they play, pretty straight forward, high speed tech tech, albeit already a bit darker than the average tech death band. And I thought we’d get that once more.

But right from the first minutes of this one, I was completely intrigued. Did tech death take a trip to 90s era Norway ?! Because this sounds totally inspired by old school sympho black from Scandinavia.

This gives the band a whole new dimension, it’s even darker now. The symphonic layers are mastered perfectly, they nailed the atmosphere.

This was a big surprise for me. It takes Vale of Pnath from a good but rather unoriginal band to one quite unique and special. I can only wish they’ll continue on this path.
30.05.2024 - 10:26
Rating: 8
musclassia
Staff
So apparently the Vale Of Pnath line-up is now almost exactly the same as the Abigail Williams line-up; as a big fan of the latter band, probably not a surprise that I dig this new album, although reading online it seems the long-time tech-death fans are disappointed. This is now somewhere between tech-death and a rather dramatic and synth-heavy form of black metal as Liafev mentions above, and I like it quite a bit
04.06.2024 - 17:38
AstralBurial
I enjoyed this album quite a bit. those 37 minutes flew by so fast i didnt even notice. made me play it again and that is a good thing. is it normal for tech death to have symphonic and electronic elements? i quite liked that.
04.06.2024 - 18:08
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by AstralBurial on 04.06.2024 at 17:38

I enjoyed this album quite a bit. those 37 minutes flew by so fast i didnt even notice. made me play it again and that is a good thing. is it normal for tech death to have symphonic and electronic elements? i quite liked that.

Some bands do but very few. I wouldn't call it a staple of the genre. Also, a lot of bands on the side of Deathcore will use symphonic elements. If you enjoy that I'd recommend other bands such as:

- Fleshgod Apocalypse
- Shadow Of Intent
- Immanifest
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
07.06.2024 - 03:19
Rating: 7
Folkbill
I really think that this album has low quality or just poor production. The vocals barely stand out, as though they were in the background, similar to a 1990 death metal album mix. Some riffs, solos, and passages are just okay. The sound is what really impacts this work overall.
----
--Non So Bill.

Hits total: 819 | This month: 180