Metal Storm logo
Favourite Megadeth album

Poll

What about your favourite Megadeth album?

Rust In Peace
Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?
Youthanasia
Countdown To Extinction
So Far, So Good... So What?
The System Has Failed
Killing Is My Business
United Abominations
Other

Total votes: 60
20.10.2008 - 12:16
Yossarian
Hi metalstormers.

I can,t believe that the only poll created about Megadeth albums so far "so good..." was about the worst album. HOW MISCHIEVOUS ARE WE! hahaha.

Well, please show your opinion about your personal favourite.

Again, as in my previous posts, I have not included Cryptic Writings, Risk or The World Needs A Hero only because they are not ranked so high as their other albums in this web. And I really hate not to include "Cryptic Writings" since I like it some more than some others included.
20.10.2008 - 12:24
Yossarian
So far, so good, so what was my first vinyl. From then on I have been not a full fan of Megadeth, but I have almost all albums -the ones I like-

I prefer them making heavy metal, rather than more thrashy attitudes. That is why I prefer Youthnasia -except "a tout la monde" chorus- and the style showed in some tracks from Cryptic Writings such as "A secret place", "she wolf" or "The dissintegrators". I am not so keen in Rust in Peace or Countdown, the albums that you will vote more for the reason I have just explained and, above all, for the fact that there are some songs in them that I can,t -Mustaine forbid- swallow.
However, these albums contain many of my favourite Megadeth works such as Holy wars, Hangar 18, Tornado Of Souls, Countdown to extinction, Foreclosure Of A Dream...
20.10.2008 - 14:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Huh cant asnver to this, I can say what's my fav song, but not album, I like each album to Youthonesia, realy those all are good, but into Youthonesia there more songs what I like, so maybe I vote for it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.10.2008 - 22:19
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
For me it's an easy choice. Rust in Peace is just a perfection. Great riffs in every song, mind-blowing solos, the feel. It's just the best. Easily, one of the best albums in Heavy Metal history.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
20.10.2008 - 22:51
Charly546
"Rust in Peace"

One of the best (melodic) thrash albums I've heard, heck, it's so good that it almost rivals the almost almighty "By Inheritance" and some Heathen's work.
And albums before that and after that (up to "Youthanasia", which is a nice power metal album) weren't no slouches either.
20.10.2008 - 23:40
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Youthanasia is not power metal lol
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

20.10.2008 - 23:45
Elio
Red Nightmare
Rust In Peace, is such a great album, one of the best in Heavy/Thrash history and the band was the best Megadeth's one. Mustaine, Friedman, Ellefson, Menza. Wow.

Secondly Peace Sells and So Far...
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
21.10.2008 - 02:18
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I voted for Peace Sells. It's by far my most played Megadeth album, it has Dave's best vocals, and it's one of their fastest, if not their fastest, albums. Rust in Peace is my second favorite.
21.10.2008 - 05:35
EaTNaLiVe666
Account deleted
Rust In Peace is my favorite album. I love the song Holy Wars. It is the best song Megadeth has ever made in my opinion
21.10.2008 - 06:06
thesabbathfan
Peace Sells man!

Wake Up Dead is my big highlight on that album.
----
28.10.2008 - 01:14
{aud}devil
Lush McGee
Peace Sells definietly
----
Awesome sauce, chicken boss!
Laugh until it means something
28.10.2008 - 11:32
Hellish Star
A hard choice between "So good..." and "Rust in peace". Finally I decided to choose for "So good..;" because of "Hook in mouth" and "502" and "In my darkest hour"...
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
28.10.2008 - 18:39
Branzig
Rust In Peace for me. Killer album.
----
In Grind We Crust
28.10.2008 - 18:54
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
My favorite is The System Has Failed. While many of their other albums are really great, there is something about this alum that I really connect with. I think it may be the melody lines that run through the album, they seem much developed than on previous works.
----
(space for rent)
03.11.2008 - 20:45
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Dane Train on 28.10.2008 at 18:54
My favorite is The System Has Failed. While many of their other albums are really great, there is something about this alum that I really connect with. I think it may be the melody lines that run through the album, they seem much developed than on previous works.

Sure it's not the Christianity?

As mentioned in the other Deth poll I think RiP is so horribly overrated... the songs Tornado and Hangar really aren't that good. Five Magics and Poison Was the Cure kick a fair amount of ass though, especially the outros.

I'd almost definitely vote for Peace Sells but I haven't heard the debut. Sells is just full of awesome stuff all the way through, without the crap that is Dawn Patrol and the mediocrity that plagues all the other albums. System comes in around 2nd-3rd; the melodies are good and there's a nice selection of cool speedy parts weaved throughout. Almost everything on RiP is owned by Kick the Chair!
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to [url=../bands/album.php?album_id=28982]wind up[/url] on Sundays
04.11.2008 - 15:22
Yossarian
Hi,

I totally agree with you. I hate both these songs and I think that Rest in Peace is quite overrated.
I believe that the problem with Megadeth is the amount of "fillings or fillers" they include in albums. It is very easy to pinpoint your favourite songs in any Megadeth album when they contain really bad stuff as well.

"RiP is so horribly overrated. Five Magics and Poison Was the Cure kick a fair amount of ass though, especially the outros".
05.11.2008 - 22:29
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Wow! Since when is RIP overrated? I just don't understand you guys. And how can you not like Hangar 18? That song is like a paradise for a thrash metal fan... solos... solos... solos. And also Youthanasia getting three votes so far surprises me.
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

06.11.2008 - 00:04
Toast
Account deleted
My favourite's definetly RIP. Some of the songs on there like Holy Wars and Tornado of Souls are unforgettable.
06.11.2008 - 21:20
Yossarian
Hi.
What I don,t like is Five Magics or Poison Was the Cure. Hangar 18 is IMO one of the best anthems in the history of metal.
The other chap said that Hangar 18 is not that good, but he did not say that he did not like.
I do like both the hangar and the holy wars and I like Rust in Peace very much., but I prefer Youthanasia and Peace sells.

Bye

Written by K✞ulu on 05.11.2008 at 22:29

Wow! Since when is RIP overrated? I just don't understand you guys. And how can you not like Hangar 18? That song is like a paradise for a thrash metal fan... solos... solos... solos. And also Youthanasia getting three votes so far surprises me.

06.11.2008 - 21:34
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
I absolutely love both Five Magics and Poison Was The Cure. The first has this great bass line, and then a good song overall, the second just shreds, screams, kills, and destroys everything on its way. Those three minutes pass unnoticed, and you don't even have time to take breath during that song - relentless, uncompromising Thrash. Those are my feelings about that song.

By the way, I don't understand why so many people hate A Tout Le Monde. It's not that mainstream. It's just Mustaine.
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

07.11.2008 - 18:09
Demonmayonnaise
I enjoy A tout le monde. The original that is, the remake with Christina Scabbia isnt good... at all.
25.04.2009 - 19:51
BuzzPhil
My personal favourite is "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?", the songs are just greats but all their albums is good.
04.05.2009 - 19:06
symbolic727
Rust In Peace without question PEace sells is good but Holywars and Take No Prisoners does not get any better than that when it comes to megadeth.:banger:
04.05.2009 - 22:10
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Really hate to be cliche but, RIP does it for me. It's just an amazing album on every level. It's catchy, the lyrics are topical and deep, The instrumentation is amazing, and it is a very agressive release. I love every second of that album.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
06.05.2009 - 03:55
soadbyob
Account deleted
I dont want to sound like those punks who like Peace sells because thats all the radio plays but that song/album is their greatest political shit they released
03.04.2011 - 23:46
blacktooth85
Rust In Peace or Peace Sells
14.04.2011 - 18:00
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Peace Sells is their most consistent album, their best album, and my all time favorite metal album. While none of Megadeth's early albums had any bad songs, they had some that were just average. Every song on Peace Sells is a metal classic.
14.04.2011 - 18:44
Angelic Storm
Melodious
"Rust In Peace" is an amazing album, and deserves all the praise it gets. The songwriting is mindblowing, and songs like "Holy Wars..." while also being complex, contain a vicious intensity that is also present in their earlier stuff. In saying this though "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying", is my fave. If anything, it has an even more macabre atmosphere than the debut had, but this time with Dave's more intelligent songwriting. And it has a visceral overall intensity that is above anything else they've put out. This was the first Megadeth album I heard, and it's still the one I love most. Definitely one the greatest metal albums of all time, in any genre!

My fave post-RIP album is "The System Has Failed", mainly because Dave managed to recapture some of their early macabre magic on it, with even more mainstream sounding stuff like "Die Dead Enough" coming off as positively morbid. lol
25.04.2011 - 22:24
Olli
Glad to see I'm not the only one who chose Youthanasia, I thought I would be the only one I'm struggling to work out why I like it so much though, RIP (my second favorite) is faster, more agressive and has more technical guitar work which is uasally what I like in music, but I still find myself listening to Youth more..:noidea:
Peace Sells deserves a mention too for the fun songs to play on bass, specially the titled track.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
27.04.2011 - 22:58
Ghostdancer
Peace Sells... I bought it on vinyl a month or two after its release. At the time the only thing I had yet heard that was at all heavy or fast was Master of Puppets. I liked Peace Sells... because it had a darker feel to it and that was all-important to me at that age. So I guess that album just kind of sticks with me...although I thought Rust in Peace was excellent too.
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"