Metal Storm logo
Carcass

17.05.2006 - 08:39
Maim
Ok here it is, the official Carcass thread. I'm sure most of you know who they were. For those who don't they started off as a grindcore band from England and gradually changed to melodic death metal before disbanding, and helped pioneer these genres. Alright everyone, post your thoughts...
----
Friends will help you move... REAL friends will help you move bodies...
17.05.2006 - 18:27
Fimbulvetr
Account deleted
Well i didn't liked their first album(Reek of Putrefaction)but then from Symphonies of Sickness until Swansong i loved them.IMO the best death metal band of all-time.And their magnum opus was Necroticism
17.05.2006 - 19:37
ErabatukII
Didn't like their first album? tsk tsk... well neither did they... I thought it was great. Symphony ito Heartwork were untouchuable albums, but this is pretty useless info right? If your here you know they rule and this is just stating the obvious. Not my favoirte DM band though, that is reserved for another band...
----
17.05.2006 - 19:51
Narterath
Carcass > All
We all know their story and stuff, so no point in saying something that's too obvious.
My personal favourite is Symphonies Of Sickness, I loved Heartwork too, it's a great melo-death album, and I even liked Swansong, even though it was more of a Death N' Roll album
If you haven't listened to Carcass, your life has been a total waste
18.05.2006 - 01:11
__Az__
I definately prefer the newer stuff compared to older albums.... Heartwork is one of the best death metal albums out there...
18.05.2006 - 02:47
Conemetal
"Heartwork" and "Swansong" are my fav of Carcass
----
MUCH I LEARNED FROM MY TEACHERS,
MORE FROM MY COLLEAGUES, BUT I HAVE LEARNED THE MOST FROM MY DISCIPLES
18.05.2006 - 11:18
decapitator
They have some really good songs when they were still grindcore.. but i think i prefer their melodic death metal period better... i absolutely love 'Heartwork' and 'Swansong'
21.05.2006 - 03:09
Polarized
Account deleted
I can't even force myself to listen to their first album but i'm addicted to Necroticism Symphonies and Heartwork are great also. Jeff Walker is one of my favorite vocalists
21.05.2006 - 06:05
Megadeth88
Heartwork, and Swansong were two great albums by Carcass. Ken Owens kicked ass on those albums.
21.05.2006 - 11:18
Laevos
Account deleted
For me Carcass were, and still are, the masters of death metal! Since they're kinda a recent discover for me, I was really sad when knew they were disbanded long time ago. At least we have master Amott in another great band, Arch Enemy. I just bought Necroticism, and I'm loving it! Heartwork is another masterpiece! And there's an interesting fact about them: although their lyrics in their early times, they're vegetarians! Kinda crazy, huh? And about those lyrics: fucking hard to understand! I hope someday I could understand 10% what they say in their early albums...
21.05.2006 - 12:16
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
My favourite from them is definitely "Symphonies of Sickness" (although I probably should more listen to "Necroticism"). The title says it all - this is one of the most unhealthiest albums ever Never has sickness sounded so catchy and it never will.
Also, in the beginning of "Ruptured in Purulence" we have the best death metal vocal performance that I have heard. It lasts only for few seconds but it´s absolute bliss
21.05.2006 - 21:16
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
I prefer their latest material, when they were getting more melodic. Consequently "Heartwork" and "Swansong" are my favourite, eventhough their whole discography is great
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
21.05.2006 - 21:26
__Az__
I havent heard 'Swansong'... If its anything like 'Heartwork' then im instantly interested....
21.05.2006 - 22:13
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
"Swansong" is indeed in the same vein as "Heartwork", still more melodic. It also has some heavy and thrash influences IMO. Very different from the early Carcass, but if you liked "Heartwork" it may interest you
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
22.05.2006 - 11:15
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
Carcass were the best melodic death act for their time and will continue to be.

My personal favourite album is Heartwork, although Necrotism and Swansong are also enjoyable to listen to.
22.05.2006 - 15:20
__Az__
Written by Sekhmet on 21.05.2006 at 22:13

"Swansong" is indeed in the same vein as "Heartwork", still more melodic. It also has some heavy and thrash influences IMO. Very different from the early Carcass, but if you liked "Heartwork" it may interest you

Thanks, Ill give it a try...
23.05.2006 - 23:25
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
I love heartwork too , I'll give swansong a try then
I also love Go To Hell and Blackstar
anymore songs I should check out , or a CD perhaps ?
25.05.2006 - 02:44
Laevos
Account deleted
@belgianmetalman: you should try some of their grindcore phase, too. Listen to 'Incarnated Solvent Abuse' and 'Ruptured in Purulence', and tell what you think. And from their death metal phase, also listen to 'Childs Play', 'Room 101' and 'Polarized', all from Swansong.

...in fact, I have to say I love all of their songs.
25.05.2006 - 03:55
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Where would the entire genre of goregrind/gore metal be without them? They were one of the first grindcore bands that I got into, and I still enjoy listening to them even after playing their albums 100 times over. My favorite album from them has to be without a doubt "Symphonies Of Sickness". My favorite thing to do is compare their albums "Reek Of Putrefaction" and "Symphonies Of Sickness" and listen to how much they changed in that short amount of time.
02.06.2006 - 16:39
Hylia
Carcass are one of my new favorite bands,I just bought Choice cuts a while ago.It is really one of my best albums I own,thats probably the album i've been playing most the past couple of weeks.Carcass are very influential towards the goregrind genre,when I listen to other bands in that genre many things have been taken from them.
03.06.2006 - 00:41
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
I've started downloading a couple of songs of Carcass .. outside of the four I already had And I really kind of like them
thanks Insineratehymn !
03.06.2006 - 12:00
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
i liked "reek of putrefaction", "symphonies of sickness" and "necroticism: descanting the insalubrious". Great guitar work.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
03.06.2006 - 15:34
Mort
As You can see I like Carcass.
They are metal classics.
They are entire music novators.
They are just great.
No more comments from me.
03.06.2006 - 23:49
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Myea
they are really good, and knowing that they were pioneers on the grindcore scene, it's not so obvious that they still make incredible music... Black Sabbath for example was great for a while, but then more talented bands just surpassed them.. Carcass just, still lies ahead IMO.
04.06.2006 - 13:19
Ur-Nammu
Account deleted
Carcass is one of my all time favourite bands. Unlike the myriad of 13-in-a-dozen goregrinders that came after them, they actually had something to say with their lyrical output, and they did it with a sense of irony and humour and had excellent musical output to top that off. A lot of people praise Amott, but having listened to Arch Enemy, where to my understanding Amott is the primary songwriter, I'd say that it was Steer that was mainly responsible for the greatness of Carcass, especially since Amott wasn't even present on the first two albums which are, despite the bad sound quality, among the greatest grindcore releases ever.
09.06.2006 - 06:34
mvikred
i jus heard 'reek of putrefaction' a few days back , and it still amazes me, how these ppl came up with that album in 1988 ... its soo ahead of their time... an awesome death/grind album
----
I'm addicted to Technical Death Metal ... Somebody save me
02.07.2006 - 15:48
lordz
IzZo
Written by mvikred on 09.06.2006 at 06:34

i jus heard 'reek of putrefaction' a few days back , and it still amazes me, how these ppl came up with that album in 1988 ... its soo ahead of their time... an awesome death/grind album

I agree with you on the point you raised they were way ahead of their time.... too bad they disbanded while they were in their peak... love heartwork and I think its their best release
11.07.2006 - 07:30
Despised Icon
Account deleted
Carcass were awesome, pratically inventing two sub-genres of metal....
11.07.2006 - 07:41
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I've heard rumours of a possible reunion...
21.07.2006 - 07:55
Sarafan Light
Account deleted
no way!...I've been a fan for quite a while now...Heartwork was mindblowing...I miss the band