Metal Storm logo
That Metal Show

18.07.2011 - 21:48
JD
Account deleted
Hey fellows, anyone heard of That Metal Show? It's a talk show, focusing about metal and hard rock in general, started in 2008. Some of the show's guests are; Dave Mustaine, Lemmy Kilmister, Zakk Wylde, Rob Halford, Tom Morello, Philip Anselmo, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Dio, Malmsteen, D.D. Verni, and many others. I just watched the episode with Vinnie Paul from Pantera, and I'm planning to watch more episodes.
18.07.2011 - 21:54
InnerSelf
proofread free
Sounds really good. is there any live performances in it ?
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
18.07.2011 - 22:03
JD
Account deleted
Written by InnerSelf on 18.07.2011 at 21:54

Sounds really good. is there any live performances in it ?

I don't think so, but it's really fun show, I just finished my first episode, and I'm really surrprised that there is no topic on MS about it, here is some info about the show if you are interested
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That_Metal_Show
18.07.2011 - 22:13
InnerSelf
proofread free
I wish such shows would dedicate a little time to the underground , I know that the Underground doesn't sell or get ratings like the mainstream stuff but it would be more fair to have some time to talk about the place where true music really comes from
----
is not bold enough
18.07.2011 - 22:16
JD
Account deleted
Written by InnerSelf on 18.07.2011 at 22:13

I wish such shows would dedicate a little time to the underground , I know that the Underground doesn't sell or get ratings like the mainstream stuff but it would be more fair to have some time to talk about the place where true music really comes from

Maybe there are such a shows, that we don't know about. Ok now back to the topic
18.07.2011 - 22:26
InnerSelf
proofread free
OK, don't get all cranky on me
I will probably be watching this when I have time.
----
is not bold enough
18.07.2011 - 23:35
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
It's mediocre. it's more a nostalgia-centered show than a current one, meaning it's only good when someone you like is featured.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
19.07.2011 - 02:11
Void Eater
Account deleted
I heard about it before. The fact that they had D.D Verni on it intrested me, going a bit beyond the standard Metallica/Maiden/Sabbath that basically defines metal to the mainstream. But I'm really not that interested in it, for the most part it just sounds like a couple of guys talking about their favorite mainstream metal/hard rock bands.
19.07.2011 - 14:54
Sean 79
Written by BitterCOld on 18.07.2011 at 23:35

It's mediocre. it's more a nostalgia-centered show than a current one, meaning it's only good when someone you like is featured.

Have to agree. It's not a patch on Headbangers Ball in it's hay day. Lots of reminiscing on times past. The odd guest are interesting (Blackie Lawless, Phil Anselmo, Rob Halford Dio and Gezzer). Most of the shows i've seen though are rather dull.
20.07.2011 - 09:00
Plague
My fav episode was with Phil Anselmo. Some ppl hate him...I don't . I think he's cool and knows his shit. He's the real deal imo.
----
Darkness is part of your nature...embrace it and emancipate your evil wickedness!
Infernal soldiers demonized,
Fucked up angels sodomized,
Face of the earth dechristianized
The universe...SATANIZED!
14.10.2011 - 00:57
JD
Account deleted
I just watched an episode with Jamey from Hatebreed, it was funny actually.
15.10.2011 - 07:00
king_matt
The show would be better if it focused more on heavy metal instead of 80s hair bands.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
16.10.2011 - 01:49
Rog-Mothoth
Written by king_matt on 15.10.2011 at 07:00

The show would be better if it focused more on heavy metal instead of 80s hair bands.

I know right?! It would also be cool when VH1 Classic's "Metal Mania" comes on they would actually play metal, NOT 80's HAIR BANDS!!!!!
----
Written by [user id=115335] on 25.08.2011 at 06:44

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 25.08.2011 at 01:04

EVERYBODY CALM DOWN.

... I can hear your prog boners from here. D:<

Liar... Everyone knows the only way to sense a boner is by smell D:<
16.10.2011 - 02:44
Angelic Storm
Melodious

Only underground bands play "true music"?
16.10.2011 - 03:52
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Angelic Storm on 16.10.2011 at 02:44

I don't wanna put words in his mouth, but maybe he means a lot of popular bands begin in the underground scene and gain in popularity from there, making it a matter of being true to their roots?

Otherwise that's just an elitist thing to say.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.10.2011 - 04:38
king_matt
Written by Rog-Mothoth on 16.10.2011 at 01:49

I know right?! It would also be cool when VH1 Classic's "Metal Mania" comes on they would actually play metal, NOT 80's HAIR BANDS!!!!!

OMG I KNOW, RIGHT? The only real metal artists I've seen on Metal Mania are Testament, Overkill, Anthrax, and Iron Maiden, but that's about it.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
16.10.2011 - 04:53
Rog-Mothoth
Quote:

Although I swear I saw a vid with a band that had death growls and a vid going through what seems likes Jeruselum.....???
Anyway i Wish they would move the Headbangers Ball on VH1 Classic and hopefully play real metal bands there.....but come on its cable tv and the most extreme it gets is the Metal: A Headbangers Journey but we can always hope right?
----
Written by [user id=115335] on 25.08.2011 at 06:44

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 25.08.2011 at 01:04

EVERYBODY CALM DOWN.

... I can hear your prog boners from here. D:<

Liar... Everyone knows the only way to sense a boner is by smell D:<
16.10.2011 - 07:03
JCJen7
Decent show imo. Watched quite a bit of it. They really love their 70's & 80's hard rock and heavy metal, but not much else. No death metal or black metal is ever featured, and no lesser known thrash (just about only the big4, Exodus, Testament, and Overkill is what I have seen featured). As someone before me said, good show if you like the guest. The tribute episode to Dio was nice, the one with Phil Anselmo was hilarious. The show also turned me on to yngwie malmsteen, when I watched him pull out a guitar and do some solo on the show. Crazy stuff.

But yeah, decent show, pretty focused on traditional/hair metal.
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
16.10.2011 - 08:30
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I have seen this show a few times, and the only good thing about it is when they have a decent guest on. And even then, they only really speak to the guest during the first segment of the show... I don't like the presentation, it's presenters, or it's format. It's way too cliched and should feature more music and less nonsense.
16.10.2011 - 22:05
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Angelic Storm on 16.10.2011 at 02:44

Elitism is not in me
I guess Troy explained what I meant almost exactly. I regret using the word "true" maybe "more honest" would've been better, and not that all mainstream bands lack honesty but I tend to find it more in the underground music
----
is not bold enough
17.10.2011 - 00:14
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by InnerSelf on 16.10.2011 at 22:05

Elitism is not in me
I guess Troy explained what I meant almost exactly. I regret using the word "true" maybe "more honest" would've been better, and not that all mainstream bands lack honesty but I tend to find it more in the underground music

Well, "true" and "more honest" are very similar terms used to describe music...

It's very difficult to tell if a band is being "dishonest", seeing as there's no specific genre/style of music/metal that is in itself "dishonest" to play. All that matters is whether a musician is writing and playing music they really love, and it's from the heart. Which is something that can be very difficult for anyone else other than the musician/s themselves to really know. Just being a mainstream band and having popularity doesn't of itself mean you're "dishonest" or that you've "sold out". So as a general rule, I never use that term unless it's blatantly obvious, which is actually quite rare. I think it's an overused and abused term that is used to describe pretty much any band who deviates from their original style, and/or becomes popular. So I tend to avoid using it most of the time.
17.10.2011 - 00:25
JD
Account deleted
I just finished watching the first season, it's quite funny, it's like watching a comedy metal show, with alot of Glam metal\Speed, and Thrash bands, and I'm downloading the second season already
17.10.2011 - 13:13
edgethrasherx
Not such a big fan, they don't focus on whats new in metal and bands that are rising. They talk about bans from the past, that have past their hay day. They also do not seem to focus on any extreme metal.
----
"killing for religion. something i don't understand"-Dave Mustaine
17.10.2011 - 20:46
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Angelic Storm on 17.10.2011 at 00:14

Well, "true" and "more honest" are very similar terms used to describe music...

It's very difficult to tell if a band is being "dishonest", seeing as there's no specific genre/style of music/metal that is in itself "dishonest" to play. All that matters is whether a musician is writing and playing music they really love, and it's from the heart. Which is something that can be very difficult for anyone else other than the musician/s themselves to really know. Just being a mainstream band and having popularity doesn't of itself mean you're "dishonest" or that you've "sold out". So as a general rule, I never use that term unless it's blatantly obvious, which is actually quite rare. I think it's an overused and abused term that is used to describe pretty much any band who deviates from their original style, and/or becomes popular. So I tend to avoid using it most of the time.

I really don't like terms like "sold-out" and the like. And again I really did not mean that every or any mainstream band\artist is dishonest just because they are popular or because more people are into their music. It is just that when a musician makes little to no money off his\her music and keeps doing it anyway gives this artist a certain quality that I respect.
I do agree that the honesty of a musician is something we ,the listeners, can't determine but sometimes the music feels really honest and right from the heart .
----
is not bold enough
19.10.2011 - 19:08
soadbyob
Account deleted
Written by edgethrasherx on 17.10.2011 at 13:13

Not such a big fan, they don't focus on whats new in metal and bands that are rising. They talk about bans from the past, that have past their hay day. They also do not seem to focus on any extreme metal.

I remeber one episode (sorry, can't remember which one) that one of them mentioned that, saying that they kinda had to ignore the underground, but yet were fans of it. Still, no real excuse...:nono:
16.11.2011 - 03:30
JD
Account deleted
I finally finished watching the whole eight seasons.
16.11.2011 - 04:47
edgethrasherx
Written by king_matt on 16.10.2011 at 04:38

Written by Rog-Mothoth on 16.10.2011 at 01:49

OMG I KNOW, RIGHT? The only real metal artists I've seen on Metal Mania are Testament, Overkill, Anthrax, and Iron Maiden, but that's about it.

haha i know! it sucks, i stayed up until 1:00am to see a bunch of crappy 80's hair bands and 1 exodus clip.
----
16.11.2011 - 04:49
edgethrasherx
Written by [user id=36287] on 19.10.2011 at 19:08

Written by edgethrasherx on 17.10.2011 at 13:13

I remeber one episode (sorry, can't remember which one) that one of them mentioned that, saying that they kinda had to ignore the underground, but yet were fans of it. Still, no real excuse...:nono:

yeah, i seem to remember that also no that you bring that up, but i remember thinking thats a lame ass excuse
----
16.11.2011 - 20:02
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by edgethrasherx on 16.11.2011 at 04:49

yeah, i seem to remember that also no that you bring that up, but i remember thinking thats a lame ass excuse

Holy shit.

This guy is even younger than I am.

P.S. I don't care for the show.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
16.11.2011 - 22:12
edgethrasherx
Written by vezzy on 16.11.2011 at 20:02

Written by edgethrasherx on 16.11.2011 at 04:49

Holy shit.

This guy is even younger than I am.

P.S. I don't care for the show.

haha yes i haven't seen any one younger then me so far! glad to know im not the only middle schooler who enjoys metal!
----