Metal Storm logo
Black Sabbath - To Hold L.A. Press Conference On 11/11/11

According to Rolling Stone, the four original members of Black Sabbath will be holding a press conference at Los Angeles' famed Whiskey a Go-Go club on November 11th at 11:11 AM (hence the 11.11.11 posted on their official website). It is widely expected that the group will announce a reunion, but a press release merely says it will be a "special announcement at the same location where the influential band made their Los Angeles debut on November 11, 41 years ago." Henry Rollins will be hosting the event.

Source: rollingstone.com
Band profile: Black Sabbath
Posted: 06.11.2011 by Pandabeer

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 64   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 254 users
06.11.2011 - 13:02
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
New album or retirement?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
06.11.2011 - 13:05
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I have a feeling that they will just put an end to the rumours and say "it's never gonna happen". I don't know why, but I just do.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
06.11.2011 - 13:12
malaikat
"Another" "reunion" (deliberately with two sets of quotation marks)? This is becoming tedious.
06.11.2011 - 13:25
Panzerchrist
Account deleted
Just stop already.
06.11.2011 - 13:35
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I don't see why they should just announce the end and that's it. Iommi is a reasonable person, he would never get associated with such a big fuss unless it's something really important. Most probably it'll be a farewell tour with all 4 original members (or so i hope).
06.11.2011 - 13:51
fabregassed
Account deleted
*yawn* if it ends up anything like Ozzy's new solo stuff... i'm not interested.
06.11.2011 - 14:45
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by [user id=115335] on 06.11.2011 at 13:51

*yawn* if it ends up anything like Ozzy's new solo stuff... i'm not interested.

As long as Iommi is still the boss when it comes to writing, that is not gonna happen.

Anyway, I don't really care for a new album. Just hoping they get their asses over my country.
06.11.2011 - 15:29
John Shock
They're gonna reveal the judgement day ...doom is upon us!!!
06.11.2011 - 15:37
RavenKing
They will probably add more drama to their already long list.
One more reason to hate old has-been bands.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
06.11.2011 - 16:50
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
My five bucks are on a reunion.
06.11.2011 - 17:02
Baz Anderson
Staff
I don't get the negativity towards Black Sabbath here at all... I'd love to see them together.
06.11.2011 - 17:03
Arcticus
Written by RavenKing on 06.11.2011 at 15:37

Yeah, those old has-been bands, that created the genre/s we love, and without whom your favourite bands wouldn't exist, sure do suck.
06.11.2011 - 17:11
RavenKing
Written by Arcticus on 06.11.2011 at 17:03

Written by RavenKing on 06.11.2011 at 15:37

Yeah, those old has-been bands, that created the genre/s we love, and without whom your favourite bands wouldn't exist, sure do suck.

Those old bands have been out-talented decades ago.
I'm used to this kind of reaction. Nothing like metalheads to be stuck in the past.
Sad to see how lots of people so pathetically fail to evolve and see what those bands are now, and not what they were 30 years ago.
----
06.11.2011 - 17:20
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Baz Anderson on 06.11.2011 at 17:02

I don't get the negativity towards Black Sabbath here at all... I'd love to see them together.
06.11.2011 - 18:14
Crème fraiche
Written by Baz Anderson on 06.11.2011 at 17:02

Same!
06.11.2011 - 19:26
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Wake me up when something happens. This thread is boring and so is Black Sabbath "news".
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
06.11.2011 - 19:36
RavenKing
Written by Mad Mike on 06.11.2011 at 19:17

Out-talented decades ago???

Yes. Metal greatly evolved technically since the 80s and the old bands did not catch up. Those old men could never play the same kind of metal younger bands are playing nowadays, be it Thrash, Death, Black or some Powermetal.

I don't deny the important place some old metal bands played in history long ago. However, that's what it is: history.
Metal is way beyond that point now.

Just use the Ford T as an example. It played a very important part in the history of automobile but it doesn't make it less outdated nowadays.

EDIT: I'm not here to convince anyone of my point of view. I barely state my personal opinion on the matter. I don't mind if you disagree.
----
06.11.2011 - 19:45
Void Eater
Account deleted
Written by RavenKing on 06.11.2011 at 17:11

Those old bands have been out-talented decades ago.
I'm used to this kind of reaction. Nothing like metalheads to be stuck in the past.
Sad to see how lots of people so pathetically fail to evolve and see what those bands are now, and not what they were 30 years ago.

Well, Tony and Geezer just released The Devil You Know two years ago, which is generally considered to be a great album... Those two still have it in them for sure to make something of worth.
06.11.2011 - 19:46
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
I'm going to be way too engulfed in Skyrim to try to catch this...lol
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

06.11.2011 - 20:51
necrovamp
I really hope they do not get back together. they are all old and past it. especially ozzy.

they should retire gracefully
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
06.11.2011 - 21:02
Igniscorpus
I had a faint hope of another album with Tony Martin, but i guess thats not gonna happen....
06.11.2011 - 21:49
malaikat
Written by RavenKing on 06.11.2011 at 19:36

Yes. Metal greatly evolved technically since the 80s and the old bands did not catch up. Those old men could never play the same kind of metal younger bands are playing nowadays, be it Thrash, Death, Black or some Powermetal.

I don't deny the important place some old metal bands played in history long ago. However, that's what it is: history.

Just use the Ford T as an example. It played a very important part in the history of automobile but it doesn't make it less outdated nowadays.

EDIT: I'm not here to convince anyone of my point of view. I barely state my personal opinion on the matter. I don't mind if you disagree.

If it's technical, it doesn't meen that it's good. Just because metalheads of today "use more notes" when playing doesn't mean that they are by definition better than old bands.
Death, Black and Powermetal are all products of an evolution. One could not play technical death metal in 1981, because that was unheard of. One the same note, one could not play prog rock in 1962. because that was unheard of than.
Following that analogy, it's like saying that Pink Floyd and Yes are by default "better" bands than Beatles, Yardbirds, Rollingstones, Elvis etc, because they have "greater technicality".
Further on: is Homer an outdated poet because noone these days uses hexameter? Is Shakespeare outdated beacause very few people today write sonets, or plays in verse? Is Baudelaire outdated solely on the fact that he's simbolistic, and not postmodern poet? Are "The Cabinet of dr. Caligari" or "Citizen Kane" outdated bacause they were shot in black and white?

And another example: what about today's doom bands? Are they too outdated, because of the lack of technicality?

Yes, I realise you have your opinion, but that doesn't mean that people aren't allowed to challenge it.
06.11.2011 - 22:23
Scorpyin
Written by malaikat on 06.11.2011 at 21:49

If it's technical, it doesn't meen that it's good. Just because metalheads of today "use more notes" when playing doesn't mean that they are by definition better than old bands.
Death, Black and Powermetal are all products of an evolution. One could not play technical death metal in 1981, because that was unheard of. One the same note, one could not play prog rock in 1962. because that was unheard of than.
Following that analogy, it's like saying that Pink Floyd and Yes are by default "better" bands than Beatles, Yardbirds, Rollingstones, Elvis etc, because they have "greater technicality".
Further on: is Homer an outdated poet because noone these days uses hexameter? Is Shakespeare outdated beacause very few people today write sonets, or plays in verse? Is Baudelaire outdated solely on the fact that he's simbolistic, and not postmodern poet? Are "The Cabinet of dr. Caligari" or "Citizen Kane" outdated bacause they were shot in black and white?

And another example: what about today's doom bands? Are they too outdated, because of the lack of technicality?

Yes, I realise you have your opinion, but that doesn't mean that people aren't allowed to challenge it.

No, it's 'better' music because I LIKE IT more. Everyone has their opinion on what's good, and what's better. And yes, those things are technically outdated if no one uses that style of writing or poetry anymore, but that doesn't make them any less valid or great art though. Things evolve and change overtime, get over it.
06.11.2011 - 22:37
malaikat
Written by Scorpyin on 06.11.2011 at 22:23

No, it's 'better' music because I LIKE IT more. Everyone has their opinion on what's good, and what's better. And yes, those things are technically outdated if no one uses that style of writing or poetry anymore, but that doesn't make them any less valid or great art though. Things evolve and change overtime, get over it.

1. Who mentioned yourtaste? I reffered to Raven's claim that they are "outdated".

2. I acknowledge the fact that things evolve, as seen in my post, so I don't know what's there for me "to get over".

Why are you acting so butt-hurt when you weren't even a part of original discussion, and knowing that my reply wasn't aimed at you?
06.11.2011 - 23:01
Void Eater
Account deleted
It's silly for people to imply that any 'evolution' in any art form is positive. Things can change for the worse you know; change in itself is not inherently good. Autotune was a major step forward in the 'evolution' of music production and sure as hell isn't a positive change.
06.11.2011 - 23:10
SlaytanicGonzo

Those old men could never play the same kind of metal younger bands are playing nowadays, be it Thrash, Death, Black or some Powermetal.

Tony Iommi kicks any "br00tal Death Technical Metal" Guitarrist's ass any day.
I'm sure none of this modern bands could never write an album as good as Master Of Reality, beyond technichality
06.11.2011 - 23:43
Valentin B
Iconoclast
No-one complained about Dio re-joining Sabbath for the Heaven and Hell reunion, why all this hostility? sure, Dio was in a far better shape vocally than Ozzy, but really, these guys are the reason the music on this website exists. If they do a farewell tour, just don't attend the concert and that's it.

The way i see it is, they can do whatever they want and have a right not to give a fuck about it, because they're the originals, and every single metal band on earth can, in the end, trace its sound back to one band, and that's Sabbath. In the end, we are all more or less cheap copies of them.
06.11.2011 - 23:54
Symmachus
Well, the only option is to wait for what Black Sabbath announces on November 11, 2011.

Also, while evolution is eventual, that doesn't mean that music of the past should simply be left there. Hell, I was actually listening to Black Sabbath's song "Hand of Doom" earlier today, and music from the 1960s and 1970s is a major influence on me personally, even though I was born as late as 1992. Greater technicality and more modernity does not necessarily mean better music. Also, without that original music, the music scene would probably be a lot more boring today; it thankfully isn't that way.
07.11.2011 - 01:04
Raziel
I would love to see black sabbath get another album going. I would love to see a album with Rob Halford but that's not happening,
Too bad that was just a one concert thing.
07.11.2011 - 02:52
Yojimbo
"We would like to formally announce that we will be doing a new reality tv show where we all live together in a house and bicker about silly things like the dirty dishes. This show will be exclusive to MTV and will air at 7pm on Sundays. Our partners at MTV are not licensed to play music by Black Sabbath so we will have an original soundtrack by... Avenged Sevenfold. Thank You and goodnight."

Hits total: 5315 | This month: 12