Metal Storm logo
Devil Doll

20.11.2006 - 17:41
Vidrageon
Account deleted
The best band in existence! Just absolutely fantastic. I wasn't 100% sure where to make this, but here'll do. All I can say, download some if you have never heard them - buying them is quite hard to do, even though I have been trying on ebay for a year or so now. Just an absolutely fantastic band that everybody should hear at least once in their lives. In the spirit of the the secrecy surrounding Mr. Doctor, I will not say more about them. For those who have heard them, discuss! Who those who want to know more, discuss!
21.03.2007 - 16:25
Basso
Account deleted
I did just listen to the Dies Irae album, and what can I say... I was blown away. The album was crawling of atmoshpere and brilliant musicianship. Mr Doctors vocals are amazing and damn its just great. I really like this.

I dare to say that this is what would happen if King Diamond and Frank Zappa was to make an album together.
21.03.2007 - 16:31
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
King Diamond & Frank Zappa?

Where's me soulseek.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
21.03.2007 - 16:51
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 21.03.2007 at 16:31

Where's me soulseek.

Well yes, if you look at the music it has Frank Zappas obsession with making very unique and different art-rock with influences from eveywhere, and the vocals and atmosphere are quite in the vein of King Diamond, as it successfully creates hauting clean vocals.
21.03.2007 - 17:14
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by [user id=5394] on 21.03.2007 at 16:51

Written by Lucas on 21.03.2007 at 16:31

Where's me soulseek.

Well yes, if you look at the music it has Frank Zappas obsession with making very unique and different art-rock with influences from eveywhere, and the vocals and atmosphere are quite in the vein of King Diamond, as it successfully creates hauting clean vocals.

It's just a weird combination, I didn't say it was impossible.

Anyway, trying to download some now, hope it works and I remember to post an opinion here.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
22.03.2007 - 00:26
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
One of the only proggy bands that I like... Really intense atmosphere in the songs. Dies Irae is my favorite but their other albums are also top notch.
22.03.2007 - 18:13
Basso
Account deleted
Written by jupitreas on 22.03.2007 at 00:26

One of the only proggy bands that I like... Really intense atmosphere in the songs. Dies Irae is my favorite but their other albums are also top notch.

The atmosphere is what captivates me to. Its really brilliant and the melodies Mr Doctor writes are really intressting.. The Girl Who Was... Death is also a brilliant release from this band. Sad to say I have only heard "Dies Irae" and "The Girl Who Was... Death". I am definitly going to check out his discography.
01.04.2007 - 01:27
okt31
Account deleted
What the hell happened to your spellings?
Btw I took everything I found on their site. I like the songs.. I'll definitely look further..
01.04.2007 - 13:19
Basso Ov Steel
Account deleted
Written by [user id=1017] on 01.04.2007 at 01:27

Btw I took everything I found on their site. I like the songs.. I'll definitely look further..

Just to remind you we are talking about the dark progressive rock band Devil Doll, where the frontman is Mr Doctor. We are not talking about the RockNRoll band.

You can listen to some samples here : http://www.myspace.com/35322879
18.04.2007 - 02:28
okt31
Account deleted
Written by [user id=5394] on 01.04.2007 at 13:19

Written by [user id=1017] on 01.04.2007 at 01:27

Just to remind you we are talking about the dark progressive rock band Devil Doll, where the frontman is Mr Doctor. We are not talking about the RockNRoll band.

You can listen to some samples here : http://www.myspace.com/35322879

I'm talking about the Slovenian band which released The Girl Who Was Death..
Don't you?
18.04.2007 - 10:16
Basso
Account deleted
Ofcourse im talking about the Slovenian. The Girl Who Was Death... Is a masterpiece. Infact all his albums are fucking brilliant.
18.04.2007 - 17:41
Danigar
I love this band!! I heard about them and got the Dies Irae album and I was totally blown away, I love the mixes and like you guys said the atmosphere it creates, and I love Mr. Doctor's performance is so like he was acting, like Basso said it reminds of King Diamon for sure. I also checked "The Girl Who Was... Death" and I loved it as well, I hope to get more albums.
23.01.2008 - 15:17
Warman
Erotic Stains
Without doubt one of the best bands out there! As a fan of prog, darkness, atmosphere and loooong songs this is as attractive as music can get for me. The first time I heard it I was stunned, it instantly sended chills down my spine. I remember I couldn't sleep that night 'cuz I wanted to listen to Devil Doll that much.
----
29.02.2008 - 17:42
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
I can't believe that I didn't find this post!!!
I'm a big fan of course... quite obvious if you look at my nick name.

All started about a year ago. When a friend send me a song [The Girl Who Was... Death]. But the quality was sooooooooo bad... so I didn't wanted to hear it. some weeks later I was curious about what kind of music it was since it was a very long song xD
And that's all... I can't remember what happen after that... I entered the Void maybe...
But, My God... that experience was awesome!!!
The violin in the time 9:00 is one of the BEST atmosphere ever created IMO.
It is a very fast yet beautiful solo of violin that makes me so... I can't discribe it, it's like the violin raped me in some ways, so violent, so extreme... but so damm beautiful and pleasant... It sounds crazy.. but that's how I feld.

But when it cames to the entire discography... Yeah, all the albums are exellent.
Every album shows something different... a different feeling.

The Girl is just... Darkness, one of the most disturbed music I ever heard.
Eliogabalus is maybe the "Beautiful Album" it's more melodic... more elegant but still dark.
Sacrilegium [My favorite] is the "Sad" album IMO... the music is very slow... with some chellos to die for.

And....
Dies Irae, It seems that all the guys think that it's the best one.. I really can't understand that... This is the happy album and that's why I don't like it. The Girl, Eliogabalus and Sacrilegium are darker than this one... In Dies Irae I can't feel something that can makes me feel strange, afraid or something... is just... beautiful music with exellent vocals.
A bit Overrated IMO

The best is probably The Girl... But I like more Sacrilegium for some personal reasons.

Anyway... I must have the albums... right now I have Eliogabalus and Sacrilegium. These two are my treasures in my collection ^^
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
29.02.2008 - 21:59
VPeter
why are the there albums such a bitch to find?!
01.03.2008 - 01:36
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by VPeter on 29.02.2008 at 21:59

why are the there albums such a bitch to find?!

Because They have a f*cking underground label xD
And the Official fan club are the ones that record the cds...

The originals are gone for many years ago jajajajajajjaja
----
Rod, let me love you.
01.03.2008 - 16:37
VPeter
I download an album... but felt so guilty I deleted it the same day
O well I continue to look for the albums here, you may never know.
01.03.2008 - 18:00
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by X-Ray Rod on 29.02.2008 at 17:42

The violin in the time 9:00 is one of the BEST atmosphere ever created IMO.
It is a very fast yet beautiful solo of violin that makes me so... I can't discribe it, it's like the violin raped me in some ways, so violent, so extreme... but so damm beautiful and pleasant... It sounds crazy.. but that's how I feld.

That's just so amazing, I almost cry or something like that!
The part 07:04-10:10 (gotta love "Who are you looking for/What are you looking at") of The Girl Who Was...Death is the best Devil Doll ever recorded.
After that I'm just totally in love with the 05:48-07:26 part of Mr. Doctor, maybe the most beautiful music I've ever heard.
And I also can't understand how anyone can prefer Dies Irae, amazing music but has no chance against the other songs.
----
01.03.2008 - 18:33
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Warman on 01.03.2008 at 18:00

After that I'm just totally in love with the 05:48-07:26 part of Mr. Doctor, maybe the most beautiful music I've ever heard.

Yeah... That violin with some "short" tones is very beautiful. And the drum is very original.
Another good experience is "Eliogabalus"... 10:10 - 11:15 That's what I call a perfect soundtrack to a nightmare.
and in the same song 13:00 to 15:40 has a crazy violin. It's like a bizarre circus with funny lyrics "I don't give a damm for Caligula, Just his horse!"
And of course... one of my favorite senteces not only in Devil Doll's music. But also in the music that I hear:
"Life... Is a state of mind."

And for Sacrilegium... It has [at least for me] the most melancholy part:
25:30 - 27:40 and then The Organ... That organ was the thing that make me feel in love with that Instrument...And why it can be good to go to a church.

And one of my favorite part 29:15 - 30-30 [I love the sentence "Talk, Talk Your fools!]
I think that's the most "aggressive" part of Devil Doll's discography the only part that can be good to headbang IMO , after that... my organ again.
With once again some good lines "They who Know, do not speak! They who talk, do not know!"
----
Rod, let me love you.
01.03.2008 - 18:40
Warman
Erotic Stains
I'm also a sucker for "Talk, talk you fools!"
----
02.03.2008 - 15:53
Coté
Love the band, love the endless songs.

I started listenig to them for the same reason as Mr. Doctor. How couldn't I have...we are siblings xD
Anyway, one day in August where there was a large market along the street we saw a tiny tent full of cds and lps.

We started to look through them and then one of us found Devil Dooll's cds
We were overwhelmed, we just couldn't believe it !

I have The Girl Who Was...Death.
My brother has Sacrilegium and Eliogabalus.

In the song The Girl Who Was...Death (06:05-06:20) I love when he changes his voice so extremely that it seems as it wasn't a man who is singing but a woman. when he sings the frase:

Nailing My Incandescent Thoughts
Along The Border
Of Insanity

Or in Eliogabalus (03:00-03:20) when he sings:

At Times I Thought
I Was A Glass Bowl
And I Trembled
Fearing To Be Cracked.

I think the mix between voice and sound it's just amazing.
----
::...Am I awake? Am I asleep? I am only sure of one thing. I am a monster ...::
10.03.2008 - 22:38
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Wow a devil doll thread, I am surprised there are this many posts! Anyway what an odd but great band they are, Mr. Doctor is quite mysterious! I must say my favorite is Sacrilege of Fatal Arms! Long as hell but quite grand.
24.05.2008 - 20:15
Warman
Erotic Stains
Imagine Devil Doll releasing a new album! That won't probably ever happen, but they've never really disbanded so I guess we all can dream that Mr. Doctor have used these last 12 years composing the most amazing album, or probably song, ever!
----
24.05.2008 - 20:33
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Warman on 24.05.2008 at 20:15

Imagine Devil Doll releasing a new album! That won't probably ever happen, but they've never really disbanded so I guess we all can dream that Mr. Doctor have used these last 12 years composing the most amazing album, or probably song, ever!

Hard to imagine... but not impossible at all...
At least, we know that he is alive
The last news that I know from him is that he revealed his real name the past year in his first interview after 20 years [wow... he's very tr00 then jejeje]:

Mario Panciera

Anyway... I will call him Mr. Doctor eternally.
----
Rod, let me love you.
24.05.2008 - 20:37
Warman
Erotic Stains
He's the most tr00 of all! Word.
----
24.05.2008 - 20:48
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Warman on 24.05.2008 at 20:37

He's the most tr00 of all! Word.

The only thing that is missing... is if Mr. Doctor is or was a serial killer...
That would mean that Euronymous, dead or varg are just posers
LOL!
----
Rod, let me love you.
24.05.2008 - 21:05
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by X-Ray Rod on 24.05.2008 at 20:48

LOL!

Yeah... he's a real enigma, we relly know nothing about him. Except his name.
----
24.05.2008 - 21:41
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Warman on 24.05.2008 at 21:05

Written by X-Ray Rod on 24.05.2008 at 20:48

LOL!

Yeah... he's a real enigma, we relly know nothing about him. Except his name.

And he did it in 2007! LOL
After decades of anonymity...
----
Rod, let me love you.
26.05.2008 - 20:18
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Lucas on 21.03.2007 at 17:14

Anyway, trying to download some now, hope it works and I remember to post an opinion here.

I obviously forgot. Actually, I even forgot downloading. Anyway, I downloaded "The Girl Who Was... Death" yesterday and listened to it twice in a row today.

And I am utterly, utterly dissapointed. Seriously, what the hell are you talking about? The album bored me to death, lasted half an hour shorter than expected (which is a good thing, in the end) and is just.. rubbish? I completely fail to see the point of this band.

Yeah, I do expect to get flamed right now. It appears there are some people stark raving mad about this band. So is TGWWD his worst album, or his all of his stuff like this?
----

26.05.2008 - 23:03
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Lucas on 26.05.2008 at 20:18

I obviously forgot. Actually, I even forgot downloading. Anyway, I downloaded "The Girl Who Was... Death" yesterday and listened to it twice in a row today.

And I am utterly, utterly dissapointed. Seriously, what the hell are you talking about? The album bored me to death, lasted half an hour shorter than expected (which is a good thing, in the end) and is just.. rubbish? I completely fail to see the point of this band.

Yeah, I do expect to get flamed right now. It appears there are some people stark raving mad about this band. So is TGWWD his worst album, or his all of his stuff like this?

LMAO... you're actually the first guy that I know who says that the album sucked. But every one to his own
Mmmmm.. Your question is very good. TGWWD is a very strange album... like a hate-it or Love-it, sometimes it's very bizarre shit going on and that can turn you off.

I hope that you will have more luck with Eliogabalus and Sacrilegium that are way more..... normal [?]

If they don't work at all... well, like you said, you failed.
It's a matter of tastes because I think the guy have big balls and brain to use a lot of different styles... and all sounds very good to me, The Girl is exellent IMO.

I would also suggest you to give the albums more time to grown on you... just to be sure that you can't stand the shit
----
Rod, let me love you.