Metal Storm logo
Party songs!

29.12.2006 - 19:42
Valentin B
Iconoclast
ok, so with the new year's eve approaching insanely fast, list some of your favorite metal songs that can/should be played at parties? my votes go to:
10.manowar-the gods made heavy metal. BRAINWASHING chorus(yes,it is really that catchy)
9.hammerfall-hearts on fire. again, one of the most brainwashingly catchy choruses ever, and gotta love the slower part in the middle just with vocals. you wouldn't resist singing along sober, nevermind being drunk.
8.blind guardian-the bard's song(in the forest). i don't really need to explain this as it is a fucking live killer,with ALL the crowd singing along
7.metallica-whiplash. being a song from the good old early thrash days about this obscure band called "metallica" and how they tour their asses off having loads of fun, wouldn't you think it would make a great party metal song?
6.anthrax-caught in a mosh. the funniest pre-chorus singing ever! "can't stand for another daay.. i ain't gonna live my life this way!!!" the song just begs you to drink another beer.
5.Judas priest-Hot rockin'. another ridiculously catchy song, and it simply makes you get down on your knees and beg for more beer .
4.Iron maiden-run to the hills. quite possibly their only song that actually is fantastic party metal material, and it fucking owns!
3.Black sabbath-paranoid. fuck, even a club music listener knows this one.
2.Nightwish-moondance. no words can describe the feeling this song exudes, it just COMMANDS you to start dancing around the campfire.
1.judas priest-living after midnight. you can listen to it for 10 years and it doesn't become boring. it's such a simple and rudimentary yet unbelievably catchy and repetitive(in a godly maner) song that i can say, without a doubt in my mind that this is the god of all party metal songs..helloween?hammerfall? sonata? motorhead?pantera? none even come close. all hail the king of party metal songs!

other stuff that deserve mentioning: pantera-cowboys from hell, walk; slayer-seasons in the abyss, angel of death; iced earth-violate; judas priest-you've got another thing coming, the sentinel, breaking the law,(insert 80s priest song in here,most of them are good for parties) and ozzy osbourne-the ultimate sin, crazy train.
29.12.2006 - 19:55
Warman
Erotic Stains
Really tough question! But I remember that everybody got totally crazy when they played Iron Maiden's The Wicker Man during one party I attended. That is a good party song
----
29.12.2006 - 20:21
baldur
AC/DC - big balls greatest party song ever!! even hip hop people begin to scream " ive got big balls" when they hear it!
29.12.2006 - 22:39
Keoren
Account deleted
Korpiklaani - 'Happy Little Boozer'

Great song for a party.

Happy little, happy little, happy little boozer! Happy little, happy little, happy little, happy little boozer! Happy little, happy littl...
30.12.2006 - 02:12
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Judas Priest- Breakin' The Law

Aw Man! Cursed! How Could you forget this one!
But really, while true it's a Little overplayed, it's still such a classic and a great and energetic song.

Other good party songs I guess would be
COB-Silent Night Bodom Night
Iron Maiden- Running Free
Iron Maiden- Prowler
Shadows Fall-Destroyer of Senses (Song about getting trashed lol)
Shadows Fall- Crushing Belial.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
30.12.2006 - 02:30
danzig111
Account deleted
most Korpiklaani songs

30.12.2006 - 05:45
Hyvaarin
This thread needs more Manowar!!

Kings of Metal, Battle Hymn, Brothers of Metal, Hail and Kill, Return of the Warlord, Fighting the World, Heart of Steel...

Also,
Sonata Arctica's - Fullmoon
Skid Row - Monkey Business
Turisas - Battle Metal
Dream Evil - The Book of Heavy Metal
Dschinghis Khan - Moskau
Günther - Everything haha
Edguy - Lavatory Love Machine
Judas Priest - Turbo Lover
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
30.12.2006 - 05:46
Hyvaarin
Oh, and everything Andrew WK has ever touched.
----
30.12.2006 - 06:26
danzig111
Account deleted
@Hyvaarin: more Manowar, you say that in Manowar thread

why Sonata Arctica's "Full Moon" though? it has fucking pianos in it haha

30.12.2006 - 12:13
Hyvaarin
Why Fullmoon? The chorus has an incredible singalong quality, and some friends of mine have invented a dance for it haha.
----
30.12.2006 - 13:04
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
I think the best Manowar song you could use for a party is either Metal Daze of Blow Your Speakers. But yeah, Korpiklaani's Happy Little Boozer is definitely a choice.
----
30.12.2006 - 13:28
Drizzling Blur
Account deleted
C.O.B - She is Beautiful
The Faceless - Akledama
In Flames - Man Made God

Written by Warman on 29.12.2006 at 19:55

Really tough question! But I remember that everybody got totally crazy when they played Iron Maiden's The Wicker Man during one party I attended. That is a good party song

Hell yeah
31.12.2006 - 02:00
Bitch Boy
Metallica "Enter Sadman", Megadeth "She Wolf" and "Symphony of destruction", Iron Maiden "Running free", Within Temptation's cover of "Running up that hill", Pantera "The badge" and "Walk", Lacrimosa "Copycat", Apocalyptica "Life Burns!", Rhapsody of Fire "The village of the dwarves", "Wisdom of the kings", Mägo de Oz "Molinos de viento" (wind mills), Epica "Quietus", and many more...
02.01.2007 - 15:56
Sunioj
On new years had alittle fest at my apt. I was in charge of music in
I found these to be great party songs:

Dio - Stand up and shout
Guns and roses - paradise city, welcome to the jungle
AC\DC - thunderstruck, highway to hell
Alice Cooper - Schools out for the summer
Children of Bodom ( huge contrast in genre ) touch like an angel of death
Twisted Sister - Were not going to take it
04.01.2007 - 00:25
Ultraraw
Account deleted
my party songs is Iron Maiden,"Fear of The Dark" HIM"Join Me", 1349"Blood is the Mortar",Children of Bodom"Trashed,Lost&Srungout", Ministry"The Great Satan",Mastodon"Shadows Thet Move"
04.01.2007 - 01:37
H.M.J
I've found that the best party song of all time is Absolute Steel's 'Beer Run', as heard on one of the MS compliations. It's pure brilliance for any sort of party!

EDIT: By the way...what happened to the compilations? This is my first visit for ages so I'm a little behind the times!!
04.01.2007 - 01:41
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
I dont really find Metal goes well at parties, unless it is an all Metalhead one. Hardley any of my friends are Metal, so i play lots of Classic Rock and Hard Rock, Metal just doesnt get the wraps at parties for me hehe. I remember playing Iced Earth - The Glorious Burden at one party, that didnt go down too well, i wonder why LOL!
06.01.2007 - 17:27
okt31
Account deleted
Hey guys... No Tankard?
I agree with simple and catchy choruses.. How about some Saxon? Rock tha Nations, Denim and Leather (basically the whole D&L album), Running Wild's anthemic Chains and Leather-type stuff.. Well, lots of great tunes.. I like to crank songs that everynody knows.. So some Maiden and Priest wouldn't hurt.. Anthrax is also a good choice..
08.01.2007 - 19:21
Sunioj
Written by Dark Cornatus on 04.01.2007 at 01:41

I dont really find Metal goes well at parties, unless it is an all Metalhead one. Hardley any of my friends are Metal, so i play lots of Classic Rock and Hard Rock, Metal just doesnt get the wraps at parties for me hehe. I remember playing Iced Earth - The Glorious Burden at one party, that didnt go down too well, i wonder why LOL!

Yeah I know what you mean, most of my friends arent metalheads so I wouldnt think that requesting Nights Blood by Dissection would appeal to everyone.
08.01.2007 - 20:00
Loreley
Account deleted
i would think that a perfect party songs are from battle metal(Turisas,Ensiferum).Finntroll too and Vintersorg paar songs=)
08.01.2007 - 20:41
Dead Ohlin
Mo.Panahi
Dissection - Starless Aeon
----
A man's dead body must always
have been a source of interest to
those whose companion he was while he lived ...
10.01.2007 - 21:26
Klaara
Account deleted
What just came to my mind:

Avantasia - Avantasia
Waltari - One Day, Follow Me Inside, No Limit... (a lot of Waltari songs btw)
Warmen - Hidden
Nazareth - Dressed To Kill
Rammstein - Asche zu Asche
Nightwish - Wishmaster
Aerosmith - Walk This Way
Motörhead - Ace Of Spades
AC/DC - Thunderstruck, You Shook Me ...
Stratovarius - Hunting High And Low

And I absolutely agree with Living After Midnight!

But, by the way, with the right people (or with the 'right' mood) you can dance almost to everything
10.01.2007 - 22:28
baldur
Written by [user id=18784] on 08.01.2007 at 20:00

i would think that a perfect party songs are from battle metal(Turisas,Ensiferum).Finntroll too and Vintersorg paar songs=)

paar is a german word dont think they understand what you mean with paar!!
10.01.2007 - 22:30
baldur
Written by [user id=16656] on 10.01.2007 at 21:26

What just came to my mind:

AC/DC - Thunderstruck, You Shook Me ...

nearly every song of AC/DC is a party song!!!
11.01.2007 - 06:48
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Hyvaarin on 30.12.2006 at 05:46

Oh, and everything Andrew WK has ever touched.

I was just going to say that. Andrew WK is and always will be the king of party songs. no dispute.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
11.01.2007 - 12:04
Loreley
Account deleted
Turiasa -Battle metal..that is battle metal!YEAH!
11.01.2007 - 17:44
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I suggest anything by Scatterbrain...especially their first album, Here Comes Trouble...it's humorous, good time, party metal time stuff...hard to find though...
15.01.2007 - 17:49
TheKreator
Account deleted
i'd say Skyclad-Another drinking song ...and Grave Digger-Valhalla...aand...metallica-Whiplash, Seek and destroy...
26.01.2007 - 17:13
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Or Tankards 'Shaken not stirred'........or anything by Tankard for that matter.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
27.01.2007 - 23:09
necrovamp
um 'happy little boozer' and beer beer by korpiklanni are good ones for obvious reasons lol and turisas any turisas song.

I hate hammerfalls hearts on fire cus my mates say it sounds like marcs on fire, so all i get when that comes on is 'marcs on fire marcs on fire, burning burning with desire' it was funny after the 1st 5 times now its just anoying.
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface