----
My vision is augmented
17.09.2024 - 13:17
Rating: 8
Redel
Written by meister J Steele on 16.09.2024 at 15:52

Damn, this is surprisingly good.

Edit: Upped rating to 10, this is exactly my type of material, you guys

Yes, this is really great. I hadnt heard of it before. Saw Jope 10ing it eventually and immediately had to go there. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I am a bit surprised that this is exactly your type of material. Didnt know you were that much on the progressive lane.
Today - 16:19
Rating: 9
JoHn Doe
Pleasantly surprised by how great this album is.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
Today - 22:23
Rating: 10
meister J Steele
Steelemeister
Written by Redel on 17.09.2024 at 13:17

I am a bit surprised that this is exactly your type of material. Didnt know you were that much on the progressive lane.

Depends on band; one can totally nail it and the other can totally fail at it, both in the same genre. This album and, for instance, Ignorance of Man by Blackkout and the early Iced Earth albums, I wouldn't say they operate in exactly the same genre, but share some characteristics in musicianship, vocal style and songwriting approaches, and folks who enjoy one tend to enjoy them all. But I have also noticed with some stuff that breaks the pattern too much, like Transilience 's Mouthful of Buildings -- which I liked myself quite a lot -- it doesn't appeal to everyone. So I wouldn't say it's about genre as much as how the individual bands and albums appeared to me. My main orientation is listening to and commenting on less known bands that in my view deserve more recognition
----
My vision is augmented

Hits total: 183 | This month: 97