Posted by Karlabos, 23.12.2015 - 23:54
Y u no make a list?
25.02.2017 - 11:34
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by [user id=136611] on 25.02.2017 at 09:18

Oh......just pirate then.

I respectfully disagree, sir.

Also downloading and listening is way less hassle and also faster than streaming with third world internet speeds.
11.03.2017 - 19:10
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Omg. Noooooooooooooooooo. JOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12.03.2017 - 18:54
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Ok guys we already mourned the death of Joe in the shoutbox. Time to move on, we need to find a replacement.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
12.03.2017 - 21:01
3rdWorld
China was a neat
There is no one to replace Joe.
12.03.2017 - 21:10
no one
Account deleted
Written by 3rdWorld on 12.03.2017 at 21:01

You done that on purpose didn't you.
12.03.2017 - 21:36
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by [user id=136611] on 12.03.2017 at 21:10

You done that on purpose didn't you.

Gets the job done though.
13.03.2017 - 03:29
no one
Account deleted
Written by 3rdWorld on 12.03.2017 at 21:01

Mr doctor is the man for the job.
13.03.2017 - 15:46
Metren
Dreadrealm
Well, this sucks. Hope he's alright irl... will always remember his defence of Grindmother's presence on MS, it was some of the most thought-out and beautiful argumentation I'd ever read online. R.I.P. you beautiful bastard
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
13.03.2017 - 19:37
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Metren on 13.03.2017 at 15:46

Well, this sucks. Hope he's alright irl... will always remember his defence of Grindmother's presence on MS, it was some of the most thought-out and beautiful argumentation I'd ever read online. R.I.P. you beautiful bastard

I was not aware of that, that discussion is good but here are top 3 discussions involving Jooe.

1. His epic multi-page quote war with LeKiwi on the Cronian - Erathems thread here.

2. The feud on LeKiwi's vocalist thread here. Again a multipage one.

3. His disagreement with Troy on the Botanist thread here.
13.03.2017 - 23:37
no one
Account deleted
I couldn't make it to work today, too upset about JOOE
14.03.2017 - 09:50
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
The sudden departure of Joe could be related to his health issues. I think he was suffering from high Blood Pressure or ADHD or both which might have took a toll on him.
14.03.2017 - 18:42
no one
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 14.03.2017 at 09:50

The sudden departure of Joe could be related to his health issues. I think he was suffering from high Blood Pressure or ADHD or both which might have took a toll on him.

Na he's just moved on.
14.03.2017 - 21:47
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by [user id=136611] on 13.03.2017 at 23:37

Why is that
15.03.2017 - 01:35
no one
Account deleted
Written by 3rdWorld on 14.03.2017 at 21:47

Why is that

It's just hard ok!
15.03.2017 - 11:58
Paz
Elite
Written by 3rdWorld on 14.03.2017 at 21:47

Why is that

He just makes some fun because of your loss
15.03.2017 - 18:49
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Paz on 15.03.2017 at 11:58

He just makes some fun because of your loss

:'(
12.04.2017 - 16:01
Timmeh
Dudeman
I usually only log in to this site a few times a year these days, decided to come on today and grab a band recommendation off of JOOE's usual best of year list or his huge list of favorite bands. this site has lost a titan.

I tried to recover some of his lost works through google cache (hopefully the links work). You can save the html files before they inevitably will fade into the cyber ether. RIP.

EDIT: Nope the links won't work by the looks but you can always go and search the titles and get the cache yourself, or if for what ever reason you can't and you're desperate to once more gaze upon these relics shoot me a pm and I can send you the html files.

An Uncharted Exploration Of The Shapeless - A Guide To Drone And Dark Ambient

Oh God... Did You Eat All This Acid? That's Right. Music!

Songs To Play At My Drunk Funeral

The Best Of UK Death Metal

Best of UK Black Metal... (cache too recent)
Best of UK Doom Metal... no cache
The Best Of French Black Metal... no cache

An Ever Expanding Agglomeration Of 2011's Best & Most Intriguing Concoctions - Now With ❤!

Behold... Another 2012 List - The Obscure Edition!... No cache available
!J.O.O.E.!'s___!2.0.1.3.!___!F.A.V.O.U.R.I.T.E.S.!... No cache available

2014 - A Journey With !J.O.O.E.!

2015: A List Listlessly Listing Liszt's Most Listened To Records Of The Year

Top 25 Of 2016 - The Badly Written Edition

2017: The "I Probably Won't Keep Up With This" Edition....
Top 100 Albums Up To 1999...
20.06.2017 - 20:52
Mr_Person
Written by Timmeh on 12.04.2017 at 16:01

I usually only log in to this site a few times a year these days, decided to come on today and grab a band recommendation off of JOOE's usual best of year list or his huge list of favorite bands. this site has lost a titan.

Hey, thanks for this. If you go to a combination of...

http://web.archive.org/web/20161119041217/http://www.metalstorm.net/users/!J.O.O.E.!/profile

and

http://web.archive.org/web/20150909184649/http://metalstorm.net/users/lists.php?user_id=4365

....all but the 2017 list will be accessible. Seems like the 2017 one never got archived though.

(MS doesn't seem to like linking cached sites so will have to be copy and pasted)
20.06.2017 - 21:04
3rdWorld
China was a neat
No one deleted his account too? When did that happen?
21.06.2017 - 01:04
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
There is no one to do the typical MS pun now...

Seriously though.. It has been a while since he deleted it
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
21.06.2017 - 06:19
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Looks like the MS curse or something.
24.06.2017 - 10:05
Metren
Dreadrealm
Well, I'm finished with making music, for real this time, put my guitars up for sale on FB and so on... I created an album, people liked it, it didn't make me very happy or ultimately give me any sense of purpose in life, as expected. It was somewhat fun but no more than a placebo that temporarily distracted me from the fact that I am not a person, who enjoys being alive and doing things. It's time to move on and find a hobby that actually makes me happy, I am relatively young and still have time. Won't delete my MS account though, nnnneeevvveeeerrr.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
26.07.2017 - 03:57
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Metren on 24.06.2017 at 10:05

Well, I'm finished with making music, for real this time, put my guitars up for sale on FB and so on... I created an album, people liked it, it didn't make me very happy or ultimately give me any sense of purpose in life, as expected. It was somewhat fun but no more than a placebo that temporarily distracted me from the fact that I am not a person, who enjoys being alive and doing things. It's time to move on and find a hobby that actually makes me happy, I am relatively young and still have time. Won't delete my MS account though, nnnneeevvveeeerrr.

No 2nd Dreadrealm album? That's a pity. The 1st one was a good album. Good luck with whatever you do next.
For a new hobby, try playing Elder scrolls Online and watch people (still) bitch about the American election on a fantasy rpg. ESO: it's like the rest of the internet, but you can through mudballs at folks.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
26.07.2017 - 12:34
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by M C Vice on 26.07.2017 at 03:57

No 2nd Dreadrealm album? That's a pity. The 1st one was a good album. Good luck with whatever you do next.
For a new hobby, try playing Elder scrolls Online and watch people (still) bitch about the American election on a fantasy rpg. ESO: it's like the rest of the internet, but you can through mudballs at folks.

I must be bipolar or something, but even though I fully intended to give up on music, I can't. Went and bought a new guitar yesterday and am already working on some new tracks (more prog, thrash and occasionally doom oriented metal this time). I guess this makes my previous comment look rather silly But yeah, I'm trying to keep it all light-hearted and not dream too much of success this time, just to keep from becoming too obsessed. Might share a track or two somewhere on MS too, when I get something worthwile done.

Also, since I can't seem to let go of my somewhat abusive relationship to music, I can't completely rule out a 2nd Drearealm album.
----
27.07.2017 - 14:24
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Metren on 26.07.2017 at 12:34

even though I fully intended to give up on music, I can't. Went and bought a new guitar yesterday and am already working on some new tracks (more prog, thrash and occasionally doom oriented metal this time). I guess this makes my previous comment look rather silly
Also, since I can't seem to let go of my somewhat abusive relationship to music, I can't completely rule out a 2nd Drearealm album.

Looks like you're a quitter when it comes to quitting, then.
Just go the way of Wintersun with Dreadrealm. Promise a new album for 10 years and I'll still follow along for the mythical opus at the end of the never ending tunnel of dissapointments.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
27.07.2017 - 14:53
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by M C Vice on 27.07.2017 at 14:24

Looks like you're a quitter when it comes to quitting, then.
Just go the way of Wintersun with Dreadrealm. Promise a new album for 10 years and I'll still follow along for the mythical opus at the end of the never ending tunnel of dissapointments.

Oh my fuck, this is the best advice I've ever been given

Seriously though, as I said in my Thank You video to fans on YT, if I make a 2nd album, it will be better or I won't release it. It's that simple. As an artist, I'd rather die than fall into any of the common traps like thinking everything you do is gold or thinking that doing two almost identical albums is a safe bet. I believe Steven Wilson once said that an artist has to make music for themselves and not their fans, because that's what an entertainer does, but I'd say the best results - both commercially and artistically - are born when an artist embraces both roles and realizes that without feedback and fans, he or she would be inconsequential.
----
14.08.2017 - 22:19
Brotherhood4Ever
Account deleted
I just come back, the only and only Asian gook vietnamese here, dont worry, I will protectyou all lol xd, and...it's true metal way is only way,.now I come back to metal, I truly assure it.
14.08.2017 - 22:38
Brotherhood4Ever
Account deleted
How have you guys been ?

Sad Legend has introduced new album, as I hooverly seen in youtube. That band is quite good except they dont have lyrics in English for listener to read.
29.08.2017 - 05:20
Drippy.Hippie
Greetings Metalstormers!

How have you all been? From the ashes of the last Bahamian MSer on this site (who hasn't posted in years), I have arisen with this new and improved account.

Here's to my first post.....Cheers Metallians.
----
What is the difference between the man who fools you from the pulpit, and the other man who fools you from the platform?
Both of them seek to obtain power over you - To rule your mind, control your property interests or labor power.
10.10.2017 - 20:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
After 2 years when y mother tock back her TV, I bought my own one, no tv cabel, soon, I wony pay for c more and viasat only use free 12 channels what is included in my apparent rent

I can see good movies again, speed up torrent, I have missed 2 years whit good movies, damn
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing