Metal Storm logo
Cricket

Original post

Posted by Valar, 19.05.2006 - 17:01
Glad to open a Cricket Thread the most followed and worshipped game in the Indian Subcontinent though i am pessimistic this thread will get many patrons
Updating India Won Vs The West Indies in West Indies it was the first match of the ongoing 5 match ODI series and will be followed by the test series.
Also Sri lanka Drew ther match with England as England dropped 9 catches and dropped the opportunity to go 1-0 up in the test series.
21.06.2006 - 16:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by hanna of steel on 21.06.2006 at 16:12

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.06.2006 at 15:48

We're in the middle of our cricket summer right now and things aren't going well for my team, we were gunning for promotion to the highest class but have only won 2 out of 7 matches up to now. Some pathetic losses we had, being unable to defend 345 runs, unable to chase 104... etc... and then we still have the national coach in our squad (his average after 4 innings is 130 currently after having score 114, 152 not out, 62, and 62)
Ou biggest problem is our seam atttack which has an economy rate of 5.2 and an average of aroun 50. Spinners are doing really well though (our best spinner has an average of 9.2 and an economy of 1.6)

Do you play for this team , or are you just a supporter?
If you do play are you batsman or bowler ?

My son plays for a local team here.
He is a spin bowler - or tries to be anyway.
This year the team are only playing friendlies as they are the age to be doing important exams at school and some can't spare the time for cricket.

I am the manager of the team. I have played for years though and was also a national umpire from 1997 - 2003. When I play I am an opening batsman and first change bowler. But I haven't bowled in ages now and still occasionally play when touring teams come around. Just to have a good time, open the batting and field in the slips and have a great 3rd innings after the match
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.06.2006 - 16:34
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
The third innings is the most important one !

----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
24.06.2006 - 20:18
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
Well I used to play some cricket when I was in "the British school" and I really kick ass in it
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
25.06.2006 - 13:32
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Once again England failed dismally to win at one day cricket - loosing by 8 wickets.

I'm really looking forward to the World Cup next year
----
27.06.2006 - 11:19
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by hanna of steel on 25.06.2006 at 13:32

Once again England failed dismally to win at one day cricket - loosing by 8 wickets.

Maybe you're not But I certainly am, there is even a chance I'll be going along with the Dutch team. ALways handy when you personally know the national coach and especially when he plays for your own team I hope I can get off of work for that period.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.06.2006 - 11:53
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 27.06.2006 at 11:19

Written by hanna of steel on 25.06.2006 at 13:32

Maybe you're not But I certainly am, there is even a chance I'll be going along with the Dutch team. ALways handy when you personally know the national coach and especially when he plays for your own team I hope I can get off of work for that period.

You really make me jealous - you're going to Australia to see an Ashes match and now you might go to the WI for the World Cup - I'm very envious of you.
----
27.06.2006 - 21:56
Judas
The Amputator
I love being an honourary member of the 'Gabba in Brisbane, I can watch whatever I want, whenever I want (assuming I'm at home, that is).

@hanna: Being an Australian, I'm always damn pleased when the Poms lose, but this is getting quite ridiculous now, I'd almost like to see them win again for a change in scenery!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
28.06.2006 - 17:39
heresiarch
Forever Dead
I never understood this game so please somebody explain the rules and regulations thx.
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
28.06.2006 - 17:44
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by heresiarch on 28.06.2006 at 17:39

I never understood this game so please somebody explain the rules and regulations thx.

Try this website : www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/hosking/cricket/explanation.htm
----
01.07.2006 - 19:58
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Holland beat MCC yesterday by 53 runs, Nice solid batting performance by the top batsmen finally posting 263 for 9 and fielding also tight and good.

Sri Lanka just whitewashed England. surpassing Englands 32o odd for only the loss of 2 wickets in 37.3 overs.
Here's the scorecard: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/engvsl/engine/match/225254.html
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.07.2006 - 12:16
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.07.2006 at 19:58

Holland beat MCC yesterday by 53 runs, Nice solid batting performance by the top batsmen finally posting 263 for 9 and fielding also tight and good.

Sri Lanka just whitewashed England. surpassing Englands 32o odd for only the loss of 2 wickets in 37.3 overs.
Here's the scorecard: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/engvsl/engine/match/225254.html

Thank you so much for that !
It was a nice day to be English yesterday - both the cricket and football teams losing !

At least my son's cricket team managed a draw.
He got 20 runs too - the most he's ever got.

Well done to Holland .
----
02.07.2006 - 12:30
Judas
The Amputator
England were comprehensively HAMMERED yesterday, when a team can get to 280 odd for no wicket in an ODI from 30 overs, you know there's a problem. Sanath Jayasuriya was sublime, and Upul Tharanga continued his fine run. Once you post a total of 321, you would think that you're in the box seat to win, but then again, this is England we're talking about...
----
03.07.2006 - 07:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Well, this week the Dutch team will be playing two ODIs against Sri Lanka. WOnder if we can contain them for under 400 Unfortunately have to work on both those days otherwise would certainly have gone to watch the match.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.07.2006 - 17:01
Valar
IndianSteel
India Beat West Indies Yesterday on a crumbling wicket and registered there first test win in west indies in 35 years and wont he series 1-0 too....
Dravid was th man of the match and the series.
India Deserves it after two matches which we cud hv won adn were drwed narrowly.....

P.S- Posted after a long time on this thread and MetalStorm.
----
"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien, "Three Is Company," The Lord of the Rings
04.07.2006 - 13:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
What I was afraid of is happening, the Sri Lankan onslaught has started... this will be a long day in the field chasing balls for the Dutch.

http://www.cricketeurope4.net/LIVE/9/live.shtml

165 for 2 after 17 overs...

I wish I could have been there to watch it while enjoying an icecold beer in today's blistering heat.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.07.2006 - 14:12
Judas
The Amputator
Go India!!! Once again, the man who is IMO the best batsman in the world proved his worth to an otherwise out-of-form batting lineup, with fantastic, gritty shows in both innings. I am writing, of course, of India's captain Rahul Dravid. If ever there was someone to break the drought that India have been suffering outside the subcontinent, he is the most worthy.
----
04.07.2006 - 14:22
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
latest score Sri Lanka 238 for 3 after 28 overs.

@Judas I agree with that Dravid is ONE of the best batsmen in the world.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.07.2006 - 14:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
score at the moment 291 for 4 after 35.1
Jayasuriya just clean bowled by Mohammed Kashif (wow, real Dutch name for you there right arm off-spinner 21 years old bright prospect) scoring 157 off 104 24x4 1x6
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.07.2006 - 15:45
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.07.2006 at 14:45

score at the moment 291 for 4 after 35.1
Jayasuriya just clean bowled by Mohammed Kashif (wow, real Dutch name for you there right arm off-spinner 21 years old bright prospect) scoring 157 off 104 24x4 1x6

Thanks for letting us know the score.

It looks as if Holland are going to have a high score to chase.
----
05.07.2006 - 15:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
final score Sri Lanka 443 for 9, so a new world record

Holland 248 all out

16 year old Alexei Kervezee scored 47 on his ODI debut but got out playing a rash shot.

De Leede 51
Reekers 39
Ten Doesschate 39
Stelling 28
Van Bunge 17 apparently being peppered with a barrage of shortballs because he has a fling with Murali's girlfriend a couple of years back

So a few starts but all got out playing rash shots. Cantrell (national coach of Holland) was fuming about the bowling of the Dutch and the way the guys got out. I talked to him this morning he still called the players "a bunch of stupid cunts"

full scorecard can be seen here: http://www.cricketeurope4.net/LIVE/9/live.shtml

Wonder what Thursday will bring when we play Sri Lanka again.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.07.2006 - 16:04
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.07.2006 at 15:50

Holland 248 all out

16 year old Alexei Kervezee scored 47 on his ODI debut but got out playing a rash shot.

De Leede 51
Reekers 39
Ten Doesschate 39
Stelling 28
Van Bunge 17 apparently being peppered with a barrage of shortballs because he has a fling with Murali's girlfriend a couple of years back

So a few starts but all got out playing rash shots. Cantrell (national coach of Holland) was fuming about the bowling of the Dutch and the way the guys got out. I talked to him this morning he still called the players "a bunch of stupid cunts"

full scorecard can be seen here: http://www.cricketeurope4.net/LIVE/9/live.shtml

248 isn't a bad score.

Sri Lanka seem to be on a winning streak st the moment.

England have some Test's against Pakistan soon.
I suppose we will get beaten again - Flintoff won't be playing as he is injured.
----
05.07.2006 - 19:08
Judas
The Amputator
Written by hanna of steel on 05.07.2006 at 16:04

Holland 248 all out

De Leede 51
Reekers 39
Ten Doesschate 39
Stelling 28

248 isn't a bad score.

I suppose we will get beaten again - Flintoff won't be playing as he is injured.

Holland can be immensely proud of themselves that they got to 248. Sri Lanka should be ashamed (no offence Ozman!).
----
05.07.2006 - 20:14
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Judas on 05.07.2006 at 19:08

Written by hanna of steel on 05.07.2006 at 16:04

Holland 248 all out

De Leede 51
Reekers 39
Ten Doesschate 39
Stelling 28

248 isn't a bad score.

Holland can be immensely proud of themselves that they got to 248. Sri Lanka should be ashamed (no offence Ozman!).

Well, I saw most of it on video footage today (always when the national coach plays in the team you manage) And IMO Holland should be ashamed of themselves. They bowled immensely crap and fielded like a bunch of geriatrics. The fileding cost them at least 50 runs.
And battingwise they can do better than they did. Just look at all the starts, but no-one pushed for a big score. Of course Sri Lanka shopuld always beat Holland but the result should have been much closer had Holland played to their full potential.
But matches like this are a great learning experience for this inexperienced side at this level. It is a good thing that Holland, Ireland, Scotland got ODI status from the ICC because that will certainly imporve them in time.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.07.2006 - 08:08
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Wow, Ozman, you're gonna travel with the Dutch team to the World Cup?

Awesome!
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
06.07.2006 - 10:30
Judas
The Amputator
@Ozman: Any time a side gets more than around 300 it is taken for granted that there were quite a few balls begging to be smashed. I know SL only hit 3 sixes, but when you have someone like Sanath Jayasuriya in the team, anything is possible.
----
06.07.2006 - 18:53
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Judas on 06.07.2006 at 10:30

@Ozman: Any time a side gets more than around 300 it is taken for granted that there were quite a few balls begging to be smashed. I know SL only hit 3 sixes, but when you have someone like Sanath Jayasuriya in the team, anything is possible.

Well, today we restricted them to 313 for 8 in 50 overs. I wonder how we will reply battingwise.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.07.2006 - 19:07
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.07.2006 at 18:53

Written by Judas on 06.07.2006 at 10:30

Well, today we restricted them to 313 for 8 in 50 overs. I wonder how we will reply battingwise.

That is better - although England can't manage to get that many .
Good luck Holland.
----
06.07.2006 - 19:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite

this is the link to the current scorecard.

currently 226 for 7 off 42 overs

EDIT 240 for 7 off 44 overs

EDIT 2 249 for 7 off 45 overs (and that is our highest ODI score against a test country so surpassing last Tuesday's score)
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.07.2006 - 19:48
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.07.2006 at 19:24

this is the link to the current scorecard.

currently 226 for 7 off 42 overs

EDIT 240 for 7 off 44 overs

EDIT 2 249 for 7 off 45 overs (and that is our highest ODI score against a test country so surpassing last Tuesday's score)

Thanks for putting the scorecard address on - I like watching cricket using the scorecard !

Bad luck for losing - it was a good try
----
06.07.2006 - 19:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
258 all out after 49 overs. So not demolished as badly as last Tuesday.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996