Metal Storm logo
Cradle of Filth vs Moonspell

Original post

Posted by X-FrEaK, 23.05.2006 - 00:08
ahahahahah i always wanted to start a poll like this one yeah...i know that the two bands dont have that much in common but nowadays both belong to some sort of gothic metal, each band in one way, one more gothic/doom(Moonspell) and one more extreme gothic metal...for some...going mallcore, and they also tour together time to time

i guess this topic will end with Moonspell winning due to the "lets hate cradle of filth cause its cool"

well...anyway ill vote for Moonspell...i wouldnt betray my own country...with albuns like..Wolfheart, Irreligious, Darkness and Hope, Antidote, Memorial...i guess Moonspell have some of the best guitar solos in the metal scene!not to mention the best keyboard solo on the song "..Of Dream and Drama" from Wolfheart...and..:Fernando Ribeiro's voice?just....PERFECT!though he has some problems with his pronounce

but i DO NOT hate Cradle of Filth...nop...i LOVE Cradle of Filth they were the ones who started me in the more extreme areas of metal, and please respect opinions...i love Dani's voice!..they have fucking amazing albuns too...Total Fucking Darkness(demo), Dusk and Her Embrace, Vempire, Midian, Bitter Suite s to Succubi, Nymphetamine, among others
i know that Dani's voice can be real annoying for some though!

thats all

Poll

Which is your favorite?

Moonspell
Cradle of Filth

Total votes: 217
20.06.2006 - 04:41
mick
Account deleted
i am shocked 2 see that moonspell is winning...i go 4 cradle of filth myself they evil and goodness ahahaha yeah well thats my story for the day
24.06.2006 - 03:55
HellRaiz0r
Account deleted
Moonspell rocks, they are from Portugal... lol
30.06.2006 - 00:31
Valmont
Well to me Cradle of Fith has Dusk and Her Embrace, Cruelty and the Beast and Midian. Moonspell has Wolfheart. So it's fair enough for Cradle of Filth. I'm not shocked with the fact that Moonspell is ahead on votes tho. Even i hate Cradle of Filth's current position. At least Moonspell didn't sell its soul for money right?
30.06.2006 - 10:04
Endoftherainbow
I never have really got into the entire gothic metal scene I have yet to find any bands in it that I like so my vote goes to Cradle of Filth. They have some pretty good albums like Damnation and a Day, Midian, The Principle of Evil Made Flesh, Dusk and Her Embrace, and Cruelty and the Beast. My only real problem with them is the bad vibe Dani Filth makes them give off because he is such a loser if it wasn't for him I feel more people would like them and has nothing to do with his voice either.
02.07.2006 - 14:56
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Moonspell for me. I havent heard a heck of alot from either band, Cradle Of Filfth because i havnt been that keen on them and Dani's vocals, And Moonspell, well, i got 'Memorial' yesturday and i LOVE the album.

So i dont have much listening experience with either band, but Dani's vocals do not appeal to me, and with Moonspell on my first listen i was blown away, easily one of my favourites for 2006.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
02.07.2006 - 22:40
DarkMistress
Moonspell, the voice is great, and they have "alma mater"
----
Wait in fire
03.07.2006 - 03:22
Daru Jericho
Moonspell! They're really creative and have amazing lyrics most of the time. COF have irritating vocals and the keys irk me too much. I really dislike their music. So, Moonspell.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

03.07.2006 - 08:57
Bhavok
idk what the fck to say, i love these two bands, and they're really different, despite, my vote goes for moonspell hehe
03.07.2006 - 14:33
Damned-In-Black
I have to go with CoF, though Moonspell's Memorial i'd rate right up there with my favourite CoF album (Midian). Perhaps even better, though it hasn't had as long to grow on me.
03.07.2006 - 23:37
bobcusp
Account deleted
Sorry but... HOW CAN YOU COMPARE CRADLE OF FILTH WITH MOONSPELL?! no way!!! Cradle rules! Moonspell is a good band, I realy enjoy it... but, Cradle of Filth have History for me... Bitter Suits to Succumbi was the 1st Metal album that I've bought ... And about Dani's vocals... It's fucking kick ass! no way to vote in moonspell...
03.07.2006 - 23:41
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by [user id=14605] on 03.07.2006 at 23:37

Sorry but... HOW CAN YOU COMPARE CRADLE OF FILTH WITH MOONSPELL?! no way!!! Cradle rules! Moonspell is a good band, I realy enjoy it... but, Cradle of Filth have History for me... Bitter Suits to Succumbi was the 1st Metal album that I've bought ... And about Dani's vocals... It's fucking kick ass! no way to vote in moonspell...

As he said, both of them are some sort of Gothic metal. I think this is a pretty exciting match between these two bands, although Cradle of Filth kicks Moonspell's ass
----
04.07.2006 - 05:25
DarkMistress
Written by Warman on 03.07.2006 at 23:41

Written by [user id=14605] on 03.07.2006 at 23:37

As he said, both of them are some sort of Gothic metal. I think this is a pretty exciting match between these two bands, although Cradle of Filth kicks Moonspell's ass

i don´t think so, Moonspell is way more creative for me than CoF and the vocal isn´t an asshole as Dani Filth
----
Wait in fire
05.07.2006 - 21:15
VaginalDisease
Account deleted
Moonspell own Cof, from the simple fact that Cof is the worst band on this planet.. I'd rather to listen to or RAP ( which I extremly hate ) other then listen to Dani Filth screams and his band doing nothing on thier instrument...

I do like some of their lyrics though .
05.07.2006 - 22:33
Niflhel
Account deleted
Poo vs. Pee
gotta go with pee!
05.07.2006 - 22:55
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
Written by [user id=14742] on 05.07.2006 at 22:33

Poo vs. Pee
gotta go with pee!

Wich one's pee?
05.07.2006 - 23:04
Niflhel
Account deleted
Written by Empty Spaces on 05.07.2006 at 22:55

Poo vs. Pee
gotta go with pee!

Wich one's pee?

cof? maybe?
There are cof tunes i KINDA like, but then there is stuff i just cant stand... Moonspell is just dull
05.07.2006 - 23:20
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
Written by [user id=14742] on 05.07.2006 at 23:04

Written by Empty Spaces on 05.07.2006 at 22:55

Poo vs. Pee
gotta go with pee!

Wich one's pee?

cof? maybe?
There are cof tunes i KINDA like, but then there is stuff i just cant stand... Moonspell is just dull

I kind of feel the same way. I like Cradle Of Filth's old stuff way more than the new stuff...
05.07.2006 - 23:59
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Maybe Cradle Of Filth will be more like the old stuff on their New Album .. who knows ?
I think that the poll should be restarted when Cradle has a new album out it's not logical to me Moonspell is winning
06.07.2006 - 00:31
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by [user id=8170] on 05.07.2006 at 23:59

Maybe Cradle Of Filth will be more like the old stuff on their New Album .. who knows ?
I think that the poll should be restarted when Cradle has a new album out it's not logical to me Moonspell is winning

I agree totally, people who are not sure should wait till CoF's new album comes out ... and I think it will be amazing! And no, it is not logical that Moonspell's winning

----
06.07.2006 - 02:12
Damned-In-Black

Considering who is guest singing - I kinda doubt its going to be a return to anything they've done in the past.. Still looking forward to it though.
06.07.2006 - 03:58
DarkMistress
Written by [user id=14672] on 05.07.2006 at 21:15

Moonspell own Cof, from the simple fact that Cof is the worst band on this planet.. I'd rather to listen to or RAP ( which I extremly hate ) other then listen to Dani Filth screams and his band doing nothing on thier instrument...

I do like some of their lyrics though .

lol
----
Wait in fire
06.07.2006 - 23:57
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
Written by Damned-In-Black on 06.07.2006 at 02:12

Considering who is guest singing - I kinda doubt its going to be a return to anything they've done in the past..

I couldn't agree more. Ville Valo (or whatever his is name is) shouldn't be doing anything with Cradle of Filth IMO.
07.07.2006 - 01:42
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
That's totally true man, Ville Valo is .. anything but Cradle of Filth, and that goes in the opposite direction too .. but who knows, Cradle of Filth is five, or six (who keeps the count, right?) and Ville Valo is one .. So Cradle will have the upper hand and maybe, very maybe (I hope) they'll pick on him and make him scream his voice to pieces
Whatever they do , I hope the result is explosive and evil
07.07.2006 - 05:45
lordz
IzZo
I will go with moonspell!!
Although I think it would have been a better thread if you compared COF vs Dimmu B
07.07.2006 - 17:02
Firewalker
In a few words.....Moonspell is creative, Cradle of Filth sounds the same song by song, album by album.

That´s all.

JANA
08.07.2006 - 11:03
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Dani Filth

enough said
08.07.2006 - 23:10
Bash'
:)
i really like Fernando's voice while growling ,,, an amazing voices you could listen through..!!

rather than those horrible screams of Dani..

Moonspell [but when they do songs without clean parts] are mooooore better than cof..!!
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
12.07.2006 - 15:27
bangladesh
Written by Warman on 06.07.2006 at 00:31

I agree totally, people who are not sure should wait till CoF's new album comes out ... and I think it will be amazing! And no, it is not logical that Moonspell's winning

Not logical that Moonspell is winning? What a joke....its not logical that COF is so closed to Moonspell. I say that these two bands are from 2 diferent places... Moonspell for the excelent music and COF for the image, not the music. COF is a teenager band, like Korn and Slipknot
13.07.2006 - 00:33
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
Written by bangladesh on 12.07.2006 at 15:27

COF is a teenager band, like Korn and Slipknot

I f*cken hate it when people say that!!! Also when people say the they are "starter band". CRADLE OF FILTH IS ANYONE THAT LIKES GOOD MUSIC!!!! End of f*cken story!!
13.07.2006 - 19:25
_HIV_
i vote moonspell! why? ... becouse they don't have the gayness of Faget dani filth