Metal Storm logo
Music genre you despise the most

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 06.07.2007 - 20:33
i was looking through this forum and found that many people like music which i consider shit. nothing wrong with that, but it made me curious as to what do people on here truly despise.

i, for one, hate improvisational jazz mainly, when the only one who isn't soloing is the drummer playing in 17/13 time signature a 32-bar rhythm.. sure, you're technical, but.... no emotion in your playing, therefore YOU SUCK!
23.07.2007 - 17:14
Abattoir
Staff
Written by [user id=5394] on 23.07.2007 at 16:51

Written by Abattoir on 23.07.2007 at 13:40

Hm, I would say that I despise Jazz most, because it's make me realy boring and annoying, cause all in this music is so on easy and slowly...like it's nothing happening.

Are you claiming that jazz is easy to play just because its slow? Dude you should try playing before talking...

Well, you didn't understand exactly. I didn't say it's easy to play. It's just not so interesting for listening to me...someone like this style someone don't like, and I don't. So that's mine point, nothing related to playing.
23.07.2007 - 18:05
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Written by [user id=24842] on 10.07.2007 at 23:44

why arnt more people saying country? lol ska is horrible too.

That's because Reggaeton exists. Seriously, tulkas is right (and pretty much any Spanish / Latin American Metalstormer you may ask), Reggaeton cannot be described as music. It's more like the most successful Panamanian torture method. It is a mixture of vomitive noise, stupidity, machismo, and a prefabricated background rhythm that serves for every single Reggaeton song (or let's just say "every single Reggaeton long sound"). Here are some Reggaeton examples which will convince you of preferring being disembowelled and impaled before listening to them:

Don Omar - Pobre Diabla - Wrong. Just wrong.
Wisin y Yandel - Eléctrica - It is a different track by a different artist (???), I swear. Undecipherable gibberish, even to a native Spanish speaker, and infinite pain for your ears.
Daddy Yankee - La Gasolina - A faggot whining "I like fuel, give me more fuel, she likes fuel and I love fuel" for more than 5 minutes. That's terrorism in my humble opinion.

This is a peaceful attempt from Venezuela to stop this crime against humanity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-BqjNeJp-w. The posters say "Alliance for a Reggaeton-free Venezuela", "Say NO to Reggaeton. For a Reggaeton-free world", "Danger! Reggaeton is listened here. High risk of auditive pollution", "Music moves the world. Reggaeton stops it" and so on.

Death to Reggaeton!
24.07.2007 - 05:14
vallhalen
Account deleted
Written by Taktsekte on 23.07.2007 at 18:05

Written by [user id=24842] on 10.07.2007 at 23:44

why arnt more people saying country? lol ska is horrible too.

That's because Reggaeton exists. Seriously, tulkas is right (and pretty much any Spanish / Latin American Metalstormer you may ask), Reggaeton cannot be described as music. It's more like the most successful Panamanian torture method. It is a mixture of vomitive noise, stupidity, machismo, and a prefabricated background rhythm that serves for every single Reggaeton song (or let's just say "every single Reggaeton long sound"). Here are some Reggaeton examples which will convince you of preferring being disembowelled and impaled before listening to them:

Don Omar - Pobre Diabla - Wrong. Just wrong.
Wisin y Yandel - Eléctrica - It is a different track by a different artist (???), I swear. Undecipherable gibberish, even to a native Spanish speaker, and infinite pain for your ears.
Daddy Yankee - La Gasolina - A faggot whining "I like fuel, give me more fuel, she likes fuel and I love fuel" for more than 5 minutes. That's terrorism in my humble opinion.

This is a peaceful attempt from Venezuela to stop this crime against humanity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-BqjNeJp-w. The posters say "Alliance for a Reggaeton-free Venezuela", "Say NO to Reggaeton. For a Reggaeton-free world", "Danger! Reggaeton is listened here. High risk of auditive pollution", "Music moves the world. Reggaeton stops it" and so on.

Death to Reggaeton!

You're funny man. But every single word you've written is true. I don't know what crime we Peruvians have done, but I'm pretty that Peru is the country with more Reggaeton-listeners. As someone said before, Reggaeton has invaded everything here. You can listen to it everywhere from the street to your bathroom. Anyway, I'll be honest with you people, I really enjoy dancing it (it ashames me but that's the true)
25.07.2007 - 01:04
Amethyst
Account deleted
YES!!!!!!!! DEATH TO REGGAETOOOOON!!!!!!!!

And to "CUMBIA VILLERA" too..... (ohh fuck lucky you! I'm from Argentina, the only country where Cumbia villera exists....i think)

"La Gasolina", as Cassandra says, is so fuckingly popular here... you hear it twice or more per night in every single disco or bar or cafe, and every car with stereo in the streets play it so loud that the only thing you want is them to crash into a tree.

Ok.... I'm a very open minded person and I can bare people who play music I don't like, because I want people who don't like my music to bare me when I play. But Reggaeton is just CRIME.

Here's a link to a website that makes fun of this tragedy... it's just BRILLIANT, but unfortunately it's only available in Spanish. I would love to traduce it to anyone interested in it.

http://inciclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Reggaeton
25.07.2007 - 15:09
iaberis
Advice Troll
I'd say Rap and Black Metal. Both are mainstream posers trying to create music, but they only achieve attention and noise. Simple.
----
Bitch! Please
25.07.2007 - 15:31
Sunioj
Love metal - maybe its because Ville Vallo has makeup on and hes not singing about satan...oh yeah, and because its not a real genre. Its just sounds nice in peoples ears...its pop.
25.07.2007 - 20:19
Golden Wing
Though I try to be very patient to any music (well, everyone can create anything he wants, it's his business), I really despise more and more black metal. I'm not about sound. I'm about new bands, that multiply very fast, like mushrooms after rain.. and each new band try to look more and more brutal and evil than others.. And some people say that they listen black metal just to show off, they think it's the most brutal music in the world and only they can understand it.
28.07.2007 - 12:20
Omni
Account deleted
Hmm.. I'd have to say the only genres I really despise would have to be the really mainstream rap and dance music. Granted they can have some exceptions, but in general I think these genres are devoid of much talent and most of the songs sound the same.
Like some people have said I used to also really hate black metal, but recently I've been giving it a chance and some artists have suprised me. Just goes to show what an open mind can achieve
28.07.2007 - 20:59
Valentin B
Iconoclast
@taksekte raggaeton for me isn't that crappy, i'd say it's more like extremely commercial and repetitive, although the first 2 examples you gave even have bad quality recording(wtf is up with that? i thought mainstream music(at least here in europe) was all about expensive mics and synths)
28.07.2007 - 23:05
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
there are many many genres and sub-genres I just straight up do not like........but there are few that I HATE, they are........

Bluegrass, Soft Rock, New Wave, Christian Rock, Dancehall, Reggaeton, Nu-Metal / Rap-Metal , Pop-Punk, Metalcore........I just don't think they are needed in the Music Industry, like they should not have a place.

I don't like Rap, Country or Emo but I still think they have some sort ov 'place' in the industry, like without them the world would be less interesting, I dunno haha.
28.07.2007 - 23:08
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by iaberis on 25.07.2007 at 15:09

I'd say Rap and Black Metal. Both are mainstream posers trying to create music, but they only achieve attention and noise. Simple.

Black Metal is not mainstream dude.
29.07.2007 - 05:37
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
uhm I hate all that electro bullshit, such as house, trance, etc. Ska is really annoying to, and the only thing I hate more than ska is ska fans.

I can't really give an intelligent explanation...I guess it's all just a matter of taste.
29.07.2007 - 06:04
Opium
Account deleted
Written by [user id=160] on 28.07.2007 at 23:08

That statement is easily debatable, given the inclusions and parameters about what define Black Metal, if one portion of BM bands are mainstream, in terms of popularity and advertisement, then it still is (to a varying degree). So, given that you can accept some bands as being mainstream, you would stand corrected, but this is another debate for another day. Also, please try to give some reasoning, rather than 'shooting from the hip' and ignorantly advocate that it is not. Satyricon, anyone?
29.07.2007 - 16:12
Warman
Erotic Stains
All that Rap, Hip-Hop and RnB shit!!! I can't stand it, such simpleminded music!
----
29.07.2007 - 23:37
Sunioj
Written by Warman on 29.07.2007 at 16:12

All that Rap, Hip-Hop and RnB shit!!! I can't stand it, such simpleminded music!

Hip Hop and RnB are kind of crap imo, but I can definetly put on old school gangsta rap! Sometimes the grainy production gives atmosphere and incredibly vulgar/violent lyrics...which is classic for me, the key is not take it seriously..
29.07.2007 - 23:49
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Sunioj on 25.07.2007 at 15:31

Love metal - maybe its because Ville Vallo has makeup on and hes not singing about satan...oh yeah, and because its not a real genre. Its just sounds nice in peoples ears...its pop.

I agree! But you also forgot that it's gay!
----
30.07.2007 - 01:12
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by [user id=12867] on 29.07.2007 at 06:04

That statement is easily debatable, given the inclusions and parameters about what define Black Metal, if one portion of BM bands are mainstream, in terms of popularity and advertisement, then it still is (to a varying degree). So, given that you can accept some bands as being mainstream, you would stand corrected, but this is another debate for another day. Also, please try to give some reasoning, rather than 'shooting from the hip' and ignorantly advocate that it is not. Satyricon, anyone?

guy most black metal isn't mainstream!! Okay like see how he mention Rap, yes there is underground Rap but it's only really the mainstream groups that really get 'noticed'. In Black Metal, yes there is Cradle Of Filth, Satyricon and so on, but Black Metallers tend to only really 'notice' the more 'kvlt' bands like Darkthrone, Xasthur or Nargaroth.......So in essence, Black Metal is still an 'underground genre' ov music if you want to talk about the whole genre! MTV played a Morbid Angel video, does that make Death Metal a mainstream genre

It's just when he referred to Black Metallers as 'Mainstream Posers', that is awfully difficult to picture for me.
30.07.2007 - 03:22
Endoftherainbow
Yeah Black metal is definently not a genre for posers. However the genre I most despise is the kind sang by people who can't even really sing and just look good, have songs written for them, don't take part in any of the writing process, they just sing horibbly into a microphone, and then have their amazing engineer, producer, and everyone else in the studio who is probably to good at what they do to be wasting their time on such bullshit take her vocals and fix them so they sing in tune and then they just lip synch live because they are poppy pieces of shit.
30.07.2007 - 12:52
Opium
Account deleted
Written by [user id=160] on 30.07.2007 at 01:12

guy most black metal isn't mainstream!! Okay like see how he mention Rap, yes there is underground Rap but it's only really the mainstream groups that really get 'noticed'. In Black Metal, yes there is Cradle Of Filth, Satyricon and so on, but Black Metallers tend to only really 'notice' the more 'kvlt' bands like Darkthrone, Xasthur or Nargaroth.......So in essence, Black Metal is still an 'underground genre' ov music if you want to talk about the whole genre! MTV played a Morbid Angel video, does that make Death Metal a mainstream genre

It's just when he referred to Black Metallers as 'Mainstream Posers', that is awfully difficult to picture for me.

That argument was all over the place, lol. Also, even Darkthrone are considerably mainstream now, they weren't a few years ago though. Death Metal is quite mainstream too, if you must bring that up, but that isn't what I was initially contending with here anyway. Most BM'ers I've chatted to, whether it be in real life or on the internet still like a couple of the mainstream BM bands, so I'd say it's dependent on where you live (pretty much moot when assuming it's the same case everywhere). Also, my name is not "guy" - seems you have to learn some respect when addressing people in a response, but ah well. Lastly, If I see a Cradle Of Filth CD in a music store, does that essentially still make Black Metal an underground subgenre? I'll reiterate my point once more, BM as a whole is still mainstream to a degree, given that a percentage of bands are somewhat commercial, hence you can't really dismiss it as not being so.
30.07.2007 - 18:01
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by Endoftherainbow on 30.07.2007 at 03:22

Yeah Black metal is definently not a genre for posers. However the genre I most despise is the kind sang by people who can't even really sing and just look good, have songs written for them, don't take part in any of the writing process, they just sing horibbly into a microphone, and then have their amazing engineer, producer, and everyone else in the studio who is probably to good at what they do to be wasting their time on such bullshit take her vocals and fix them so they sing in tune and then they just lip synch live because they are poppy pieces of shit.

Black Metal is not for posers???
When you use corpse paint, dead head of animals sticked in pales, blood drinking stuff and other attention whoring tricks to gather attention in live shows. that's what I call a poser!!! If that's not the definition of poserism, then I don't know anything.
If you want to catch the public's attention with your band, do it with your music, not with poserish stuff like blasphemy, satanism and assholic similar thing...
After all it's only music dudes... Leave your shit behind!
----
Bitch! Please
30.07.2007 - 18:11
iaberis
Advice Troll

[...] Also, please try to give some reasoning, rather than 'shooting from the hip' and ignorantly advocate that it is not. [...]

Are you trying to make the mods give me a warning about insulting for no reason or offensive behavior?
----
Bitch! Please
30.07.2007 - 18:41
Sunioj
Written by iaberis on 30.07.2007 at 18:01

Written by Endoftherainbow on 30.07.2007 at 03:22

Black Metal is not for posers???
When you use corpse paint, dead head of animals sticked in pales, blood drinking stuff and other attention whoring tricks to gather attention in live shows. that's what I call a poser!!! If that's not the definition of poserism, then I don't know anything.
If you want to catch the public's attention with your band, do it with your music, not with poserish stuff like blasphemy, satanism and assholic similar thing...
After all it's only music dudes... Leave your shit behind!

Dude you guy gotta chill a bit, and iaberis, I like Black Metal, but I dont wear corpsepaint, glorify satanism, or even care about the lyrics, its all part of the big word called music. And so what if a band wears corpsepaint on stage or in pictures? its not that surprising that a band uses a prop or base music on imagry, thats an element of music, imagry. Imagry is also a part of art. And whats so assholic about blashphemy eh? Are you offended by that type of lyrics?
30.07.2007 - 19:18
Necronomicon
Account deleted
it got to be modern r'n'b i havent found any song i can listen to without getting anoyed it is soooooooooo chesey!
31.07.2007 - 11:37
Opium
Account deleted
Written by iaberis on 30.07.2007 at 18:11

[...] Also, please try to give some reasoning, rather than 'shooting from the hip' and ignorantly advocate that it is not. [...]

Are you trying to make the mods give me a warning about insulting for no reason or offensive behavior?

LOL, no not at all, there was no insulting involved or offensive behaviour involved. I was referring to what LoF said
04.08.2007 - 03:19
Stigmatized
Written by Dangerboner on 29.07.2007 at 05:37

Ska is really annoying to, and the only thing I hate more than ska is ska fans.

Dude, I agree 100%. Every person here is a ska fan. Very boring music IMO, and the fans are assholes about it.
04.08.2007 - 07:30
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
@Iaiberis: To quote hellhammer, black metal is like opera, in order to fully apreciate it's sound, one must first train their ear. In other words, black metal does have some very good musicianship, and the lyrics go deeper than what you personally deem to be "Blasphemy." Lots of satanic lyrics make very valid points about the hypocricy in christianity, and the music itself is quite good if you can get past the bad producing. Listen to "In the nightside eclipse" by Emperor. Ishan used lots of symphonic layering in that album, there are excellent guitar parts, and the vocals are exquisit.
And like Hellraizer said, imagry is a kind of art as well, just because they use these props that makes them attention whores? Maybe some of them, but others take what they do very seriously, and I feel do a good job of portraying the imagry they are trying to involk.

and so dude, maybe you should open your mind a little and give it more of a chance
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
04.08.2007 - 07:58
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Abattoir on 23.07.2007 at 13:40

Hm, I would say that I despise Jazz most, because it's make me realy boring and annoying, cause all in this music is so on easy and slowly...like it's nothing happening. I also don't like hip hop, RnB...just fucked up music.
But other staff I can stand...

Not all jazz is slow you know, bop jazz is really upbeat, look at the themesong to cowboy bebop. "Tank" by the seatbelts gives me an eargasm every time I hear it.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
05.08.2007 - 00:17
selken
Irreligious

That was a quite controversial statement, but I didn't need to say it
Saying that Black Metal is mainstream is quite innacurate, because none Black Metal band has gained significatve percentage of the overall music world.

Also, to talk about Black Metal (and any other genre of music out/inside of metal), you must be into it, it's obvious that you hate black metal, but that doesn't mean that the music was overall bad.

Back to the topic I really hate reggaeton, cumbia, salsa and merengue they make me sick
----
05.08.2007 - 00:22
selken
Irreligious
Written by Valentin B on 28.07.2007 at 20:59

i thought mainstream music(at least here in europe) was all about expensive mics and synths)

you should listen to cumbia, its made with cheese shredders and recipents with grains on them.
Welcome to the "Americas" hahaha
----
05.08.2007 - 09:38
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by selken on 05.08.2007 at 00:22

Written by Valentin B on 28.07.2007 at 20:59

i thought mainstream music(at least here in europe) was all about expensive mics and synths)

you should listen to cumbia, its made with cheese shredders and recipents with grains on them.
Welcome to the "Americas" hahaha

lolol that sounds fucked up

is it really dance music? how the hell can they make rhythms with those rudimentary instruments?