Metal Storm logo
Best Canadian Metal Band

Original post

Posted by Endoftherainbow, 28.06.2006 - 09:19
I had created another topic similar to this on the old forum "What Canadian Death Metal Band is best?" but now I have decided I want to create a new thread but more broad. Canada is home to many great metal bands especially in the genre of death metal. What Canadian Metal Band do you think is best and why? What is your favorite album by the band? What do you think of the other Canadian bands? Please refrain from picking other if your choice is Rush because I don't want them included in this pole because I don't consider them metal.

I couldn't chose between two bands so my favorite Canadian Metal bands are Quo Vadis and Devin Townsend. Devin Townsend because they put on a great live show and all of their albums are amazing. My favorite Devin Townsend album is Infinity because it has my favorite song by them "Bad Devil". Quo Vadis because they are the best Technical Death Metal band in my opinion. All of their albums are great but my favorite is Defiant Imagination. Their riffs are amazing and Yanic Berciers drumming is untouchable IMO.

Other Canadian bands that I like are Cryptopsy, Into Eternity, Kataklysm, Strapping Young Lad, and Annihilator.

Poll

What Canadian Band is best?

Annihilator
Other
Strapping Young Lad
Kataklysm
Quo Vadis
Cryptopsy
Into Eternity
Gorguts
Martyr

Total votes: 230
09.08.2006 - 04:54
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by [user id=3111] on 08.07.2006 at 17:17

For me you can almost guess what I think I mean, look at my avatar..

Heh heh, three inches of Blood, Nice.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
09.08.2006 - 05:01
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
My Favorite Canadian Metal Band, Definitly Into Eternity. A dark Cross between Power and Prog metal with a touch of Neo Classical. Diversity of Vocalization as well, They swich up from power to Death Vocals.
Don't forget their new Album, The Scattering of Ashes, In stores on October 3rd, 2006.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

09.08.2006 - 18:09
Sune
Account deleted
Written by Arian Totalis on 09.08.2006 at 04:54

Written by [user id=3111] on 08.07.2006 at 17:17

For me you can almost guess what I think I mean, look at my avatar..

Heh heh, three inches of Blood, Nice.

Yeah man
03.09.2006 - 01:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Nobody didnt mention band Howling Syn, great Canadian gothic metal band, werry great and intresting, you can find about it here
Its one of my fav Canadian bands 3 years now

http://www.howlingsyn.net/

and here [url] http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=2307[/url]
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.09.2006 - 02:44
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I"ve been listening to a lot of Neuraxis lately. Their newest album, Trilateral Progression, is damn good, but Kataklysm is still my favorite Canadian metal band.
03.09.2006 - 03:32
danzig111
Account deleted
holy shit this topic is still alive?!?! damn!
04.09.2006 - 12:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=160] on 03.09.2006 at 03:32

holy shit this topic is still alive?!?! damn!

Are you spam, you dont like Canadian metal, if no arguments

Man my treads isnt alive its sad
----

05.09.2006 - 02:49
danzig111
Account deleted
@K7: lol i didn't understand you (first sentence i mean). Sorry man.
05.09.2006 - 03:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=160] on 05.09.2006 at 02:49

@K7: lol i didn't understand you (first sentence i mean). Sorry man.

I want know why you say something about this tread are still alive what you mean by that?
----

05.09.2006 - 03:49
danzig111
Account deleted
@K7: cuz....i remember seeing it aeons ago and i surprised to see that it's still here, that's all.
05.09.2006 - 04:46
Windshear
Account deleted
Off that list, I give a tie to Into Eternity and Annihilator.

IE just... make me tingle all over, you know? The vocal and guitar harmonies are out of this world.

Annihilator... How can you deny the band that wrote Alice in Hell?
14.09.2006 - 01:01
peavy
Account deleted
I voted "other" but I can't choose only one of the following: Anvil, Exciter, Black Knight, Deaf Dealer, Eidolon, Thunder Rider, Sword, Sacrifice, Sacred Blade, Piledriver, Overthrow, Hanker, DBC, Assault. And there are others. I like 'em all very much!! It's just too damn hard...
14.09.2006 - 01:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=12173] on 14.09.2006 at 01:01

I voted "other" but I can't choose only one of the following: Anvil, Exciter, Black Knight, Deaf Dealer, Eidolon, Thunder Rider, Sword, Sacrifice, Sacred Blade, Piledriver, Overthrow, Hanker, DBC, Assault. And there are others. I like 'em all very much!! It's just too damn hard...

seems you'r eonly who post such rear bands and who know them here, thank's man those bands are old school and unknow and underground for moust of poeple i personaly like almoust all of them, but not shore if i had hear Deaf Deeler
----

09.11.2006 - 23:08
Angelique
Bitchy Moderator
Elite
I like Into Eternity a lot but my vote goes to other.. Warmachine is/was such a talented and enthuastic band from Canada, i absolutely love their debut album but since then I've only heard sorta sad news from them, line-up changes, management changes and such.. Anyways, like them a lot, still listening demo 2# after many years it was released.. i think some of guys were even member here at some point.
----
I have more faith in my plumber than I do the eternal being. Plumbers do a good job. They keep the shit flowing.
-C.Bukowski
11.11.2006 - 14:51
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Strapping Young Lad!
Their style is unique and recognizable, their songs killer! Devin is a Devil (ha ha!) and They create a wall of sound so impressive and destructive that I can't stand still!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
11.11.2006 - 22:50
rebelos
Account deleted
Kataklysm, this guy has an incredible voice! also the drums are really great!
Into Eternity, Martyr and Annihilator are really close
12.11.2006 - 00:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=14169] on 11.11.2006 at 22:50

Kataklysm, this guy has an incredible voice! also the drums are really great!
Into Eternity, Martyr and Annihilator are really close

Into Eternety I dunno them, ist that band ho plays in your myspace prof?
----

12.11.2006 - 09:09
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Now that I think about it, Quo Vadis and Cryptopsy are probably the best bands out of that list; the most technical, the most agressive and the most energetic...it's always the same non-stop driving force whenever I go and see either one live...
12.11.2006 - 22:56
Lorien
Account deleted
Into Eternity because they are the only one that I've heard from this list.
30.11.2006 - 20:04
broken goddess
I voted Kataklysm.
One of my all time favoite bands!!!
The first time i heard them (shadows and dust) i felt like they would be an amazing act live, and i finally get to find out in two weeks!!!
their CD 'Road To Devestation' really blew me away!
----
--baleful's the passion when hearts stand still--
30.11.2006 - 21:49
Vidrageon
Account deleted
It's hard, most of the bands listed are brilliant, but I've gone with Devin, he's my hero ^-^
26.12.2006 - 15:06
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Wow, Eidolon & Neuraxis are Canadian? I like them...

What broken goddess said goes for me too, except I haven't heard Devastation yet & they aren't in my country till April. Sooo happy they'll be playing first-era songs

As for the others, I haven't yet heard Quo Vadis, Gorguts or Martyr. Cryptopsy & SYL are good but not really my style, and all I've heard from Annihilator is a mediocre recent song, though I expect good things when I get around to their early stuff. I dled a bunch of Into Eternity songs a while ago & was really disappointed with them.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to [url=../bands/album.php?album_id=28982]wind up[/url] on Sundays
28.12.2006 - 08:05
Spirit Crusher
Account deleted
Annihilator all the way!
30.12.2006 - 03:31
Dan066
Account deleted
I chose Into Eternity, just because i love their style of prog metal mixed with death metal. Strapping Young Lad would have to be my second choice, I love the humor used in there lyircs and they can also rock out.
30.12.2006 - 14:16
Drizzling Blur
Account deleted
Quo Vadis, amazing technical metal band, guess best export of Canada
30.12.2006 - 14:22
Warman
Erotic Stains
Damn, I don't think that I've heard any canadian metal band actually! Haven't heard much at least.
----
21.01.2007 - 04:23
Samuel
Hamster wheel
Into Eternity for sure. i love the entire album Burried by Oblivion its sick. I didnt know there were clips from Pulp Fiction in there first album until I saw pulp fiction but that made their first album cooler but i think they have progressed since then and they dont use little sound clips to make their songs cool like so many bands try to now. its pretty sad when the best part of your song is something you didnt create... but i love everything into eternity has been doing and im glad its always getting better
21.01.2007 - 04:32
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Samuel on 21.01.2007 at 04:23

Into Eternity for sure. i love the entire album Burried by Oblivion its sick. I didnt know there were clips from Pulp Fiction in there first album until I saw pulp fiction but that made their first album cooler but i think they have progressed since then and they dont use little sound clips to make their songs cool like so many bands try to now. its pretty sad when the best part of your song is something you didnt create... but i love everything into eternity has been doing and im glad its always getting better

I like their previous album better than their newest, But they are cool as hell. I posted here Like...a million years ago. But anyway, I can agree that after dead or Dreaming they definitly began to progress. If you want to Discuss some IE I've opened a thread about them in the Melodic Metal Forum.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

24.01.2007 - 03:06
APOHAKC
The Bard
I voted for Annihilator cause it is one of my very favorite bands, I thnk Jeff Waters is a genious, he screw a couple of times (Remain and last album) but he is fuckin ass kicker. If you play guitar try to play some annihilator songs and if you make it you will feel all the unreleased power of their songs.
I am not sure is Satanic Slaughter from Canada but they are also very good.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
24.01.2007 - 03:16
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Im looking back on this thread and I made a post/vote when I was still a big n00b and id like to change my answer from strapping young lad to Cryptopsy, Flo Mounier is incredible.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin