Metal Storm logo
European true metal scene... again!

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 18.05.2006 - 18:55
Well here we go again with a thread about great but not so well known metal bands from the european metal scene.

Let's see some kind of a "brief" list of bands: Astral Doors (Swe), King Diamond (Den), T.N.T. (Nor), Battleroar (Gr), Dirty Deeds (UK), Baron Rojo (Spa), Ostrogoth (Bel), Wolf (Ger), Rage (Ger), Blaze (UK), Bruce Dickinson (UK), Sangre Azul (Spa), Chanel Zero (Bel), Primal Fear (Ger), Blood Thirsty Demons (It), Powergod (Ger), Morgana Lefay (Swe), Tad Morose (Swe), Artch (Nor), Conviction (Swe), Masterplan (Ger), Biomechanical (UK), Headless Cross (UK), Communic (Nor)...i think I could name a few more, but I guess it's enough.

First question when is the new Communic due to appear?

Second anybody got the Headless Cross EP - Burning Sanctuary released last year?

If you can't post something about bands listed here or that are not you usual eu flower power bands or we heard it 1000 times heavy metal done bad, please don't post. At least read the first post, please before you post about something that you can read in other threads.
02.09.2006 - 01:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Hellish Star on 26.07.2006 at 20:34

Written by [user id=6192] on 15.07.2006 at 00:02

The second album of shaaman is heavy metal for those who likes the most extreme stuff.
The guitar player of Shaaman has a thrashy style and he sounds very good.

These guys aren't European....

From witch country thaya er and about witch band he talking?

hawe you ewer had seen live Maltese Falcon - ''Metal Rush'' This album are here
http://www.vibrationsofdoom.com/test/MalteseFalcon.html

I emna what kind of bands that kind a bands hawe you seen live, those old school ehavy etal how play in 80ties, you are in that age, and in 80ties you maybe hawe seen them
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.09.2006 - 04:07
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Two new (almost new) release I just found out about today and ordered: Angel Witch - "Angel of Death" & Diamond Head - "It's Electric", both live albums, but hey they are brand new.

Anybody knows what's going on with Depressive Age? I checked their site and it's down. I remember last year there were news on it that they'd release a new album, but nothing else since last september...except that it;s down...
17.09.2006 - 13:06
Hellish Star
I saw RAM yesterday, awesome show. Swedish dynamite!!!!

Form Belgium: SANITY'S RAGE: thrash metal like Forbidden and Channel Zero (first album). www.sanitysrage.com
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
21.09.2006 - 21:24
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
I recieved a promo version of the new album from Kingdom Come, great stuff as always, but much better than the last 2 album "Independent" & "Too".

Edit: a new great band appeared in Italy: "Crimson Dawn"

"Some things are simply bound to happen. Crimson Dawn is one of these things. Dario Beretta (Drakkar) and Emanuele Rastelli (Crown of Autumn, Magnifiqat) are good friends and fans of each other's music since 1996, when they were both taking their very first steps in the music biz; it was only natural for them to finally come to create something together. Born in the winter of 2005, Crimson Dawn is the mix of their musical sensitivities, ideas and influences, forged in the cauldron of their common passion for epic metal. Taking inspiration from the heroic heavy metal poetry of bands like Candlemass, Helstar, early Manowar, Cirith Ungol, Manilla Road, Bathory, Running Wild and Black Sabbath (Dio-era),as well as from the celtic-rock gods Thin Lizzy, Crimson Dawn have created a sound undoubtedly true to the heavy metal spirit, but personal nevertheless. Between January and April 2006, the duo recorded their first promo-cd, A Dawn in Crimson, well-received by the italian fandom and sent to the most relevant heavy metal labels in search of a record deal. With their epic metal opus, Dario and Emanuele are pretty confident to be able to add something significant to the heavy rock scene; songs for a full-lenght debut album have already been composed and are just waiting for a chance to be released!"

just check their site: http://www.myspace.com/crimsondawnmusic
29.09.2006 - 15:32
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
On my to get list only NWOBHM bands that have releases in the last few years, which is worth to buy from this list, does anybody own anything from the list?

Atomkraft - "Are You Looking At Me?" (2005);
Avenger - "The Slaughter Never Stops" (2006);
Bitches Sin - "Your Place or Mine" (2005);
Chariot - Behind the Wire (2006);
Cockney Rejects - "Out of the Gutter" (2003);
Diamond Head - "To the Devil His Due" (DVD, 2006);
Distrainers - "Japanned" (EP, 2006);
Elixir - "Mindcreeper" (2006);
Flash Point - "Flashpoint" (2006);
Ground Attack - "Sectioned" (2004);
High Treason - "High Treason" (EP, 2006);
Mythra - "The Darkener" (2003);
Overdrive - "Three Corners to Nowhere" (2006);
StormQueen - "Come Silent the World: A Definitive Anthology and Biography" (2006);
Tygers of Pan Tang - Big Game Hunting (The Rarities).
02.10.2006 - 23:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
what you all guys think about german band Iron Anagel ist so early old school lil remaind me Venom in live and demo tapes, and its still great and I like this band
http://www.myspace.com/ironangel666 also in vibrations of doom
----

13.10.2006 - 21:26
Hellish Star
I picked up the new KRUX album, sounds fantastic.

Also the new Manticora is a masterpiece!
----

13.10.2006 - 23:29
MetalSpider
Written by Hellish Star on 13.10.2006 at 21:26

Also the new Manticora is a masterpiece!

Yeah the new album is definitely amazing!!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
23.10.2006 - 18:47
Lord Elden
Account deleted
Anyone heard of HAMMERHEAD? Great NWOBHM...
26.10.2006 - 08:57
Abbott
Account deleted
Crystal Ball. Not really sure if anyone knows this band but check them out. Also Majesty is another band that rocks
30.10.2006 - 00:40
peavy
Account deleted
Written by [user id=4900] on 23.10.2006 at 18:47

Anyone heard of HAMMERHEAD? Great NWOBHM...

Excellent band indeed! I have "Will to Survive" with the extra video for "Lochinvar". Simply superb!!
Highly recommended to NWoBHM fans although there really are very few!
03.12.2006 - 12:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I listening Cloven Cloof and its so great band from UK, importamt band in history in those days thay play heavy and damn in nowdays thay are forgoten
I hera thay has ne album out after some many years of silence but still I prefere firts 4
----

03.12.2006 - 23:58
danzig111
Account deleted
From this site, I found out about Marshall Law just under a week ago . The music is sort of catchy and has a very old school feel/attitude. Nice music, anyone else heard?
04.12.2006 - 10:05
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Talking about Cloven Hoof: the other two Cloven Hoof albums , "Dominator" and "Sultans Ransom", will
be reissued by escape records, according to the band's website.
04.12.2006 - 19:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=2267] on 04.12.2006 at 10:05

Talking about Cloven Hoof: the other two Cloven Hoof albums , "Dominator" and "Sultans Ransom", will
be reissued by escape records, according to the band's website.

I hawnt see them I had listen in vibrationsofdoom IMO its one of best band in gernre an dthat time who hasnt so know how others, but in VOD are bad quality sound and IMO albums sounds more powerfull and better

BTW I discovere it watched your prof.
----

04.12.2006 - 19:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=160] on 03.12.2006 at 23:58

From this site, I found out about Marshall Law just under a week ago . The music is sort of catchy and has a very old school feel/attitude. Nice music, anyone else heard?

But this abnd now are eddet in metalstorm too
----

04.12.2006 - 23:09
danzig111
Account deleted
@K7: Ahhh yes, that's where I first heard of them you see
12.12.2006 - 01:26
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Has anybody listened to Bodine?
12.12.2006 - 01:42
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=2267] on 12.12.2006 at 01:26

Has anybody listened to Bodine?

yeah of course I have... first albums were more blues rock and later on it turned a bit more metal. Arjan Lucassen was in that band for a while and was called Iron Anthony back then.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.12.2006 - 16:02
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
It might be good if I got one of thier albums then, as Arjan is in Ayron now (although I don't like them, he's a great guitar player, not only that).

Now for the news: New Wave of British Heavy Metal legends CLOVEN HOOF have issued the following update:

"Limelight club Crewe [United Kingdom] on Thursday 29th March 2007, will be the first venue to feature the reunited lineup. It promises to be quite a night as the band will be committed to tight recording deadlines for the early part of 2007. So a rare chance to see the band live in action as they tear through a set packed with HOOF classics. Two songs from the forthcoming album, 'Throne of Damnation', will also get an airing for the first time, so be there and prepare to feel the power!"

CLOVEN HOOF was recently rejoined by vocalist Russ North. "After endless rumours and speculation CLOVEN HOOF can confirm the main frontman has returned to the fold at last," the group wrote on its web site. "Russ has been previously unable to commit fully to the band due to contractual obligations in Spain. However these have been resolved and he has rejoind the band in England to start work on the follow up album to 'Eye of the Sun'.

"Jon Brown [drums] and Roy Chudobskyi [guitar] have been approached to rejoin the group to start work on the latest album demos. The opus will be called 'Throne of Damnation'. Lee Payne said it will be a return to 'A Sultan's Ransom' epic power, but with a modern cutting edge."

As previously reported, Escape Records will reissue CLOVEN HOOF's classic power metal albums "Dominator" (1988) and "A Sultan's Ransom" (1989) as part of a boxed double album deluxe set. Two bonus tracks are included, along with a glossy booklet containing rare archive pictures.

CLOVEN HOOF has been confirmed for the British Steel Festival 2, set to take place April 28, 2007 at The Pitz, Milton Keynes, England. Also scheduled to appear are JAGUAR, ATTACKER, CHARIOT, ELIXIR and ATTACKER.

"Eye of the Sun" was produced by Tom Galley of the PHENOMENA fame, who has previously worked with such high-caliber musicians as Brian May, Cozy Powell, Neil Murray, John Thomas, Glenn Hughes, Mel Galley, Don Airey, Ray Gillen, and Scott Gorham.
13.12.2006 - 12:20
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Unofficial news (as thier site is downn): It seems that SAXON is preparing a new album for next year called "The Inner Sanctum" & new DVD, "To Hell and Back Again", recieved the news from the NWBHM group.

Details from a mail order company I order from -

Saxon - To Hell And Back DVD Pal Reg 2
DVD1
To Hell and Back Again
Lionheart Recordings"
Back To Live" - Graspop 2004
Crusader
making of Beyond the grave
video making of Witchfinder Generalvideo
Bring Lionheart on the streets
Wacken Rocks
Making of ...Wacken 2004
25 Jahre Saxon Anniversary Show
Backs to the Wall
Dragon's Lair"
Saxon Over Russia
Release Party
Making of Release Party Hamburg
Markthalle
Releaseparty Lionheartincl. Videopremiere
The Tour Begins
Jack Tars
Uk invasion
Uk-Tour Making of To live by the sword/Unleash the beast
Cardiff Making of... Beyond the grave
Wolverhampton Making of...
Dogs of war
Glasgow Making of
In The Court Of The Crimson king
Southern Europe
The tour comes to an end
Tour ends in Pratteln/Paris Track:
Wheels of steel
Lionheart
One night with the boys
the idea
One Night With The Boys
not really
One Night With The Boys now it starts
Late Start of the 80's Tour
Stand up and be counted
The Best Crew in the world
Grande Finale" 747 (Strangers In The Night)
Circle Of LifeBack at Gems 24
Outro - the best moments of the DVD incl. Outtakes (Soundtrack:Flying
on the Edge)

Bonus DVD
Video Soundtrack To Hell and Back again

Price: £17.99 / $32.02
15.12.2006 - 12:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I listening Axes Witch band from Sweden album title are "The Lord Of Flies"
Its good labum and well even it dont sounds so heavy how I wanna hera, but still if I even get that album it wont be money waste,
I gonna listen ''Wisions On The Past'' ''Hocked On High Weals''
----

14.01.2007 - 20:24
Hellish Star
I picked up the latest CLOVEN HOOF ambum. Great NWOBHM!
----

14.01.2007 - 21:32
Lupas
Maximus
I have just recieved two cds from ALMORA and DERDAIN.

Almora is a Turkish band with operetic/symphonic style . Their last album "1945" is awesome .

Derdain is an Italian Band similiar to Rapshody of fire . They have one album named "new era pt 1". But they are on the way for a new album New era Pt II
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
15.01.2007 - 00:20
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
@lupas: Derdain don't have anything to do with this thread & almora don't know them buy operatic/symphonic isn't what this thread is intended for.
15.01.2007 - 03:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=2267] on 15.01.2007 at 00:20

@lupas: Derdain don't have anything to do with this thread & almora don't know them buy operatic/symphonic isn't what this thread is intended for.

I listeninh X-Wild and ist great tahnk's good good metal old and new expearience and I open tread about it go post there, ist emty
----

13.02.2007 - 13:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
What you all think about band Faithful Breath what we leiter know how Risk, I hear that thay start whit progresive rock like Yes, The Who, Rush someone knows how bands sounds in 60ties?
----

14.02.2007 - 12:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
for fans of Nevermore/Snactuary check out Sweden's Machinery.
http://www.myspace.com/machineryswe

for a review check that one out here on MS.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.02.2007 - 16:02
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Four legendary NWOBHM bands ? CLOVEN HOOF, BLITZGRIEG, JAGUAR and ELIXIR ? are confirmed for the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal Festival I, set to take place October 13 at AN Club in Athens, Greece. Tickets will cost 25 euros. Doors open at 18.15, show starts at 19.00.

As previously reported, Escape Records will reissue CLOVEN HOOF's classic power metal albums "Dominator"
(1988) and "A Sultan's Ransom" (1989) as part of a boxed double album deluxe set. Two bonus tracks are
included, along with a glossy booklet containing rare archive pictures.

CLOVEN HOOF has been confirmed for the British Steel Festival 2, set to take place April 28 at The Pitz,
Milton Keynes, England. Also scheduled to appear are JAGUAR, ATTACKER, CHARIOT, ELIXIR and ATTACKER.

CLOVEN HOOF's latest album, "Eye of the Sun", was produced by Tom Galley of the PHENOMENA fame, who has
previously worked with such high-caliber musicians as Brian May, Cozy Powell, Neil Murray, John Thomas, Glenn Hughes, Mel Galley, Don Airey, Ray Gillen, and Scott Gorham.
27.02.2007 - 20:52
Hellish Star
Cloven Hoof? Awesome band...
----