Metal Storm logo
Albums that seriously need a re-release?

Original post

Posted by Mega-Slayer, 07.12.2006 - 05:55
Are there albums you really want to hear,but cant find or afford to get them?What albums would you like to see re-issued?You think the arists would want to give their albums a second chance,but it must be to much cash.There are plenty of albums I want and have heard that should be made available to the metal community and others,once again:

"Sabbat-Dreamweaver",cant find any samples or anything,and it is rather spendy.

"Hexenhaus-A Tribute To Insanity"It has been said that finding this is like winning the lottery,its currently on ebay,and already at $42.

"Deathrow-Raging Steel"I have read they were classic german thrash,but cant find shit.

"Master-On The Seventh Day God Created...Master"I am really curious to hear this,Paul Masdival played guitar on it,and John Tardy did some backing vocals.

"Brutality-Screams Of Anguish"stated that it is classic technical death,and I wish I could find out.

"Nocturnus-Thresholds"Finally got my hands on "The Key",and this is even more rare.

"Monstrosity-Imperial Doom"I now am proud to say I own it,won it last week form germany,but it really needs to be available to the death metal community,I haven't even heard all of the tracks yet.

"Ripping Corpse-Dreaming With The Dead"I have heard most of this,lots of cool riffs and obscure horror filled lyrics,Erik Rutan's first band,you think he would've released again.

I would also like to see Demolition Hammer,Ressurection,Incubus,Iron Angel,Slaughter(canada),Mortal Sin and many more.Anyone else want to add to the list?
21.12.2007 - 15:06
rageing atheist
Account deleted
Nespithe by Demilich could use a rerelease, although it has been rereleased few times already by different labels, all of the rerelaese versions are pretty hard to find, also same goes for Stream From The Heavens by Thergothon.
21.12.2007 - 17:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=24315] on 20.12.2007 at 03:39

Dark Angel-Darkness Descends

The 1999 Century Media re-release can still be found very easily in loads of stores.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.12.2007 - 07:10
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.12.2007 at 17:36

The 1999 Century Media re-release can still be found very easily in loads of stores.

And yet I wasn't even aware it wad re-released! Still not a CD I feel I need to buy though
22.12.2007 - 22:57
Torture Killer
Account deleted

I tried ordering it from a local store here and they said it was out of print, and told me i could buy on the internet for like 30$
22.12.2007 - 23:00
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=24315] on 22.12.2007 at 22:57

I tried ordering it from a local store here and they said it was out of print, and told me i could buy on the internet for like 30$

Wow, strange, cause Nervel bought it yesterday for 9.99 euro from a record store in my hometown. Here you come across it on a regular basis.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.12.2007 - 23:09
Torture Killer
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.12.2007 at 23:00

Written by [user id=24315] on 22.12.2007 at 22:57

Wow, strange, cause Nervel bought it yesterday for 9.99 euro from a record store in my hometown. Here you come across it on a regular basis.

maybe it's not re-released in the states yet
22.12.2007 - 23:44
Herzebeth
The only album that truly needs to be re-mastered, re-edited and re-released is

Carcass-Reek Of Putrefaction...

I can't imagine how perfect that album must sound with a better production and a cleaner audio...
----
22.12.2007 - 23:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Herzebeth on 22.12.2007 at 23:44

I can't imagine how perfect that album must sound with a better production and a cleaner audio...

If I am not mistaken I think it has just been remastered and re-released just a couple of weeks ago.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.12.2007 - 01:35
Skeggjadr
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.12.2007 at 23:49

If I am not mistaken I think it has just been remastered and re-released just a couple of weeks ago.

I love that album because it SOUNDS like the reek of putrefaction! Dirty and rotten and turning to mush! Although it is perhaps a bit too dirty, I don't think they could do too much with a re-master because the original recordings were really crappy. I could be wrong though.
23.12.2007 - 03:18
Oracle
Orcinus
Metallica's ...And Justice for All album needs a re-realease coz there is no Bass and because of that it just ruins the whole album. You need bass in music
23.12.2007 - 18:50
Herzebeth

Can you PLEASE verify this? I can't find nothing in Earache man, I would really like to have a copy of the remaster, I'm sure they even added a couple of bonus stuff in there...oh my god if that's true
----
23.12.2007 - 18:56
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Herzebeth on 23.12.2007 at 18:50

Can you PLEASE verify this? I can't find nothing in Earache man, I would really like to have a copy of the remaster, I'm sure they even added a couple of bonus stuff in there...oh my god if that's true

IMO remastering it would take away from it's impact and initial rawness making it much blander.

I can't find the one I was referring to, it has a totally different cover and looks like a remaster
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.12.2007 - 19:01
Herzebeth
You're saying the new Gore Gallery of Demos? that doesn't include Reek as a whole, it just has some demos and rehearsals...it sounds suckier than Reeks and it was made by that Mortician dude

Anyways...I think Reek was cool all muddy, but now we would like to hear it clean and tidy...it's just something for the Fans dude that's all...
----
23.12.2007 - 19:04
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Herzebeth on 23.12.2007 at 19:01

You're saying the new Gore Gallery of Demos? that doesn't include Reek as a whole, it just has some demos and rehearsals...it sounds suckier than Reeks and it was made by that Mortician dude

Anyways...I think Reek was cool all muddy, but now we would like to hear it clean and tidy...it's just something for the Fans dude that's all...

No, I am talking about Reek proper and also the one after, they have dark brown covers with a small strip of the roiginal cover art in the centre.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.12.2007 - 10:35
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by Too many fail. on 20.12.2007 at 21:45

all old carcass and suffocation albums need to be rerecorded with decent production, i cant stand this diarrhea inducing mess theyve recorded.

the raw sound sounds extremely evil.
HAIL THE OLD RAW PRODUCTIONS
24.12.2007 - 10:37
Too many fail.
I dont give a shit how evil it sounds if i cant hear the riffs.
----
Here is my actual theory beyond the huge, hilarious jokes I have: If you're so pro-life and you're so pro-child, then adopt one that's already here, that's very unwanted and very alone and needs someone to take care of it.
- Bill Hicks
24.12.2007 - 10:38
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by Mega-Slayer on 19.12.2007 at 10:20

Written by [user id=26136] on 04.12.2007 at 21:02

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.12.2007 at 18:01

Written by Syk on 04.12.2007 at 08:38

Written by [user id=26136] on 02.12.2007 at 22:16
first of all; why you need a re-release?

I believe this thread is about very rare albums that "should be" more readily available for purchase. Did you read the first post? Have you heard of all of those bands and albums? If your answer is "no", well, I think that's the point

Yes, this thread is about bands and albums that are out of print and therefore nigh to impossible to get hold off at a normal price.

So... Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, etc. should NOT be mentioned here.

This is about bands such as Blessed Death (re-released about two months ago by Metal Mind only 2000 copies), Morbid Saint, the first Demigod album, Demillich, Toxik (also re-released finally by Metal Mind and Displeased) etc.

exactly
i cant think of any album that should be re-released

Well you should check my wanted list then

its empty
24.12.2007 - 10:39
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by Too many fail. on 24.12.2007 at 10:37

I dont give a shit how evil it sounds if i cant hear the riffs.

I think its your stereo
24.12.2007 - 13:02
Too many fail.
Seriously though, ive never understood the appeal of raw production, i mean if youve written music youd want it to come across as high quality possible right? I guess that kind of production is ok for some kinds of music but especially DM where the tonality is already drowned by the mesh of vocals bass drums and ridiculous distortion i would want to make sure that the production is as crushing as possible.
Fuck theres some records where i dont even find the playing that interesting but love the music for the tone and production, shovel headed kill machine comes to mind.
----
Here is my actual theory beyond the huge, hilarious jokes I have: If you're so pro-life and you're so pro-child, then adopt one that's already here, that's very unwanted and very alone and needs someone to take care of it.
- Bill Hicks
24.12.2007 - 14:55
Sunioj
Written by Too many fail. on 20.12.2007 at 21:45

all old carcass and suffocation albums need to be rerecorded with decent production, i cant stand this diarrhea inducing mess theyve recorded.

big time! I don't mind it actually, but I see where you are coming from though, I second Herz's comment on 'Reek of Putrefaction' though but I would never wanna change the sound on 'Symphonies of Sickness'
24.12.2007 - 14:58
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.12.2007 at 19:04
No, I am talking about Reek proper and also the one after, they have dark brown covers with a small strip of the roiginal cover art in the centre.

Dude I believe those are old... I've seen them for sale already for maybe a year or longer... I want the new ones! Come on Earache!
Are they coming from Earache or someone else?
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to [url=../bands/album.php?album_id=28982]wind up[/url] on Sundays
24.12.2007 - 15:08
Skade
Account deleted
Wicked Mystic - The Paramount Question

Great Dutch metal, and I think it's kind of forgotten, so they really need a re-release. And it's really hard to get nowadays.
25.12.2007 - 01:13
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by Too many fail. on 24.12.2007 at 13:02

Seriously though, ive never understood the appeal of raw production, i mean if youve written music youd want it to come across as high quality possible right? I guess that kind of production is ok for some kinds of music but especially DM where the tonality is already drowned by the mesh of vocals bass drums and ridiculous distortion i would want to make sure that the production is as crushing as possible.
Fuck theres some records where i dont even find the playing that interesting but love the music for the tone and production, shovel headed kill machine comes to mind.

high quality AND raw sound together would be great.
when you dont listen to the riffs itself, the "bad quality" productions just sound much better to me than the "high quality" productions
25.04.2008 - 15:45
Opium
Account deleted
Okay, these REALLY need a re-release (on of which was re-released, but limited and is just as rare as the originals):

No Return - Psychological Torment, Contamination Rises: IMPOSSIBLE to find their debut and their 2nd release is also illusive. Something worth checking out for fans of Death/Thrash.

Nuclear Assault - Brain Death/Fight To Be Free: I've only come across one copy and was too late to grab it Haven't saen any others since then.
25.04.2008 - 15:47
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.12.2007 at 18:56

Written by Herzebeth on 23.12.2007 at 18:50

IMO remastering it would take away from it's impact and initial rawness making it much blander.

I can't find the one I was referring to, it has a totally different cover and looks like a remaster

There was also a 2003 remaster, if I'm not mistaken.
25.04.2008 - 19:22
Trial By Fire
Account deleted
Black Sabbath - Born Again not only just needs a re-release, it needs to put on CD in North America. I have it on vinyl, but I'd love to be able to have it on a CD without having to hunt it down in Europe.
25.04.2008 - 20:12
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Sepultura - Morbid Vision

The production sometimes is just to crappy.
But the music is exellent and I know that the sound and the music would be very very good.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass

Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.

19.08.2008 - 17:21
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
If i'm not mistaken "Epidemic Of Violence" by Demolition Hammer wasn't re-released but i know that "Tortured Existence" is going to be re-released this year by Century Media. Now, these are two albums that i would like to have.

Deadly Blessing - "Ascend From The Cauldron". I was very pleased when i heard this power/thrash release, so i've been listening to it for some time. So far they have only released this one. Can't find it though.
20.08.2008 - 15:01
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Unconsecrated on 19.08.2008 at 17:21

Deadly Blessing - "Ascend From The Cauldron". I was very pleased when i heard this power/thrash release, so i've been listening to it for some time. So far they have only released this one. Can't find it though.

As far as I know that has been re-released but only limited to 2000 copies
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.08.2008 - 15:08
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.08.2008 at 15:01

Written by Unconsecrated on 19.08.2008 at 17:21

As far as I know that has been re-released but only limited to 2000 copies

You see, i usually buy from portuguese online stores only. I never bought cds from other countries so i don't even know how that works. About "Ascend From The Cauldron" i didn't know that, it might be on another cds stores (but not in my country, neither in the portuguese websites). Oh well, i'm going to ask if they can order that cd.