Metal Storm logo
Cradle of Filth vs Moonspell

Original post

Posted by X-FrEaK, 23.05.2006 - 00:08
ahahahahah i always wanted to start a poll like this one yeah...i know that the two bands dont have that much in common but nowadays both belong to some sort of gothic metal, each band in one way, one more gothic/doom(Moonspell) and one more extreme gothic metal...for some...going mallcore, and they also tour together time to time

i guess this topic will end with Moonspell winning due to the "lets hate cradle of filth cause its cool"

well...anyway ill vote for Moonspell...i wouldnt betray my own country...with albuns like..Wolfheart, Irreligious, Darkness and Hope, Antidote, Memorial...i guess Moonspell have some of the best guitar solos in the metal scene!not to mention the best keyboard solo on the song "..Of Dream and Drama" from Wolfheart...and..:Fernando Ribeiro's voice?just....PERFECT!though he has some problems with his pronounce

but i DO NOT hate Cradle of Filth...nop...i LOVE Cradle of Filth they were the ones who started me in the more extreme areas of metal, and please respect opinions...i love Dani's voice!..they have fucking amazing albuns too...Total Fucking Darkness(demo), Dusk and Her Embrace, Vempire, Midian, Bitter Suite s to Succubi, Nymphetamine, among others
i know that Dani's voice can be real annoying for some though!

thats all

Poll

Which is your favorite?

Moonspell
Cradle of Filth

Total votes: 217
13.07.2006 - 20:04
bangladesh
Written by Empty Spaces on 13.07.2006 at 00:33

Written by bangladesh on 12.07.2006 at 15:27

COF is a teenager band, like Korn and Slipknot

I f*cken hate it when people say that!!! Also when people say the they are "starter band". CRADLE OF FILTH IS ANYONE THAT LIKES GOOD MUSIC!!!! End of f*cken story!!

Just joking, i don´t pretend to ofend anyone, i liked cradle, but now i don´t...it was what i want to say, but in other words. Basicaly, wen we get into the metal scene there are bands that we became to dislike and COF is one of those...
13.07.2006 - 21:24
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
Alright, fair enough. Well, I kind of feel dumb about what I said now. I guess I didn't liked them getting compared with Korn and Slipknot...LOL
14.07.2006 - 02:20
X-FrEaK
u are just sad sometimes...i started with the likes of korn,slipknot,system of a down...so what? korn is my all time favorite band and it remains like that...

i listen to such things as Nile, Emperor, Bloodbath etc....do i have to bash the bands that the "tr00-metalheads-wannabe" bash just because its cool?...piss off pls
----
14.07.2006 - 21:01
bangladesh
Do you like Nile? it´s strange a person like Nile and Korn , neither with an open mind you don´t like one of this two!
15.07.2006 - 13:35
X-FrEaK
think whatever you want...i even listen, although only from time to time, to Muse...whats so strange?

i like classical music like Mozart,Bethooven,Vivaldi etc...

i like Korn, Slipknot, Disturbed o.O

i like Nevermore, Metallica, Dream Theater

i like Opeth, Bloodbath, Nile, Hypocrisy

i like Cradle, Lacuna Coil, Moonspell, Eternal Tears of Sorrow

i like Arch Enemy, Dark Tranquillity, In Flames

i like Dimmu Borgir, Emperor

...i ll stop here...going to play xbox xD
----
15.07.2006 - 21:14
bangladesh
xbox cool, but i still can´t understand your 2nd line...Korn..etc...the others i understand perfectly (including muse) but.... nu-metal is so "nojento"
Davis "enoja" anyone that like metal
16.07.2006 - 16:51
X-FrEaK
LOL roger @ portugues i started with nu metal and believe it although i like it i stopped listening to it...limp bizkit, ill nino...a lot of bands i just left behind, nowadays i only listen to Korn regularly

since we are in a moonspell vs cradle battle...do you think Cradle's Tornography will beat Moonspell's Memorial?

with Ville Valo as a guest i really doubt lol
----
16.07.2006 - 18:13
bobcusp
Account deleted
Wait a minute! COF teenager band?! Like slipknot? like Korn? ... i like slipknot... i hate korn... I LOVE COF! Fuck you! You know nothing about!
16.07.2006 - 22:05
lusitanian
first we are talking about cradle and moonspell and there is other bands comming around? btw slipknot, korn, ill nino blablabla and nu metal realy suck...i used to listem them whem i was younger couse i don't realy know wich is the real metal like, it seams good and heavy so i listen, but now i think that nu metal is just nothing more than heavier music for mainstrem ppl, there is no real metal fealing....now i vote for moonspell becouse they are growing up...i prefer their older albuns but memorial is just great much better than antidote they have grown up...cradle are losing is essence
16.07.2006 - 23:54
bangladesh
Written by X-FrEaK on 16.07.2006 at 16:51

LOL roger @ portugues i started with nu metal and believe it although i like it i stopped listening to it...limp bizkit, ill nino...a lot of bands i just left behind, nowadays i only listen to Korn regularly

since we are in a moonspell vs cradle battle...do you think Cradle's Tornography will beat Moonspell's Memorial?

with Ville Valo as a guest i really doubt lol

I don´t believe it will beat Memorial, considering the way that CoF is taken and considering the quality of Memorial.
17.07.2006 - 04:04
X-FrEaK
Written by [user id=14605] on 16.07.2006 at 18:13

Wait a minute! COF teenager band?! Like slipknot? like Korn? ... i like slipknot... i hate korn... I LOVE COF! Fuck you! You know nothing about!

wtf? who said that? do you have english lessons in brazil?!
----
21.07.2006 - 21:31
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
"i like slipknot... i hate korn... "

Dude, how could you like Slipknot and hate Korn? I'm not a fan of nu-metal but I can say that at least Korn have some talent. Slipknot is the most over-rated band on Earth...
22.07.2006 - 09:58
Robstar
Is this a joke???
What kind of thread is this?
You can't compare COF wwith Moonspell man ! You just dont do it !
Cradle of Filth! That my answer!

Pffffsss! COF vs MP...
Q Mierda!
----
Nothing is unreacheable
22.07.2006 - 20:18
Hamird
Lieutenant
Moonspell is here ...
... Cradle Of Filth is here
25.07.2006 - 01:44
bobcusp
Account deleted
Written by X-FrEaK on 17.07.2006 at 04:04

Written by [user id=14605] on 16.07.2006 at 18:13

wtf? who said that? do you have english lessons in brazil?!

Hey ... What about, FUCK YOU FREAK ... at least you admit it, I'm sure you are a real freak... Witch part you didn't understand? freak... Filho da Puta, entende isso? Portugues burro... entende q nao eh atoa q tem paidinhas sobre portugueses burros aki no brasil...
28.07.2006 - 19:25
HellRaiz0r
Account deleted
can't compare moonspell to COF. anyway i vote moonspell of course
29.07.2006 - 20:52
Megadeth88
Well I love both of these bands but I'm going with Cradle of Filth on this one. Two of my favorite drummers came from that band, and I worship them for that. So Cradle of Filth gets my vote.
29.07.2006 - 22:49
pedrogas
Account deleted
I like both bands!! They are so equal and so different in different ways!!
Para o brasileirinho.........voces têm piadas sobre portugueses...nos tambem temos piadas sobre brasileiros!! indios d merda!
08.08.2006 - 01:39
abyss
Account deleted
cradle of filth is better than moonspell,so ill go with cradle even though like moonspell too.
18.08.2006 - 05:40
Savage Messiah
Metal Drummer
Written by [user id=14742] on 05.07.2006 at 23:04

Written by Empty Spaces on 05.07.2006 at 22:55

Written by [user id=14742] on 05.07.2006 at 22:33

Poo vs. Pee
gotta go with pee!

Wich one's pee?

cof? maybe?
There are cof tunes i KINDA like, but then there is stuff i just cant stand... Moonspell is just dull

aaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
26.04.2007 - 15:32
APOHAKC
The Bard
Cradle Of Filth, I think many people voted here only to vote AGAINST Cradle Of Filth and not because they like Moonspell... sad
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
26.04.2007 - 17:12
Mela Muke
Account deleted
I like Moonspell, but why have they been pit together?
and whoa since when were the gothic? That term is just tossed around far too much these days.
26.04.2007 - 19:47
MadGatsu
Written by X-FrEaK on 23.05.2006 at 00:08

ahahahahah i always wanted to start a poll like this one yeah...i know that the two bands dont have that much in common but nowadays both belong to some sort of gothic metal, each band in one way, one more gothic/doom(Moonspell) and one more extreme gothic metal...for some...going mallcore, and they also tour together time to time

i guess this topic will end with Moonspell winning due to the "lets hate cradle of filth cause its cool"

well...anyway ill vote for Moonspell...i wouldnt betray my own country...with albuns like..Wolfheart, Irreligious, Darkness and Hope, Antidote, Memorial...i guess Moonspell have some of the best guitar solos in the metal scene!not to mention the best keyboard solo on the song "..Of Dream and Drama" from Wolfheart...and..:Fernando Ribeiro's voice?just....PERFECT!though he has some problems with his pronounce

but i DO NOT hate Cradle of Filth...nop...i LOVE Cradle of Filth they were the ones who started me in the more extreme areas of metal, and please respect opinions...i love Dani's voice!..they have fucking amazing albuns too...Total Fucking Darkness(demo), Dusk and Her Embrace, Vempire, Midian, Bitter Suite s to Succubi, Nymphetamine, among others
i know that Dani's voice can be real annoying for some though!

thats all

*thumbs up* i agree with everthing the dude said. Except that i dont really "love" cradle. i just like 'em And i absoluetely LOVE Moonspell, so ofc i voted for them (also cuz they are the only Portuguese band i really like...seriously...lol)
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
26.04.2007 - 20:00
|Angela|
Account deleted
I voted for Moonspell mainly because I dislike Dani's vocals. I actually like the Gothic touch to CoF and I liked a few albums specially before. I just feel that Dani is a bit corny(is that spelling right?) and makes them sound a bit cheap. Its like Sex Metal or something. Somehow I dislike that and they lost my respect in that aspect. Moonspell however are an amazing band and I have liked their stuff from the begining. After listening to Wolfheart I was hooked!
26.04.2007 - 20:18
Bitch Boy
My vote goes for Moonspell, I enjoy both bands but Dani's vocals sometimes annoy me, and Fernando Ribeiro has a better and much more versatile voice instead. I also prefer the more goth rock orientated style by Moonspell, along with their doom influences. I don't understand the comparison between both bands yet, but anyway, my vote wasn't AGAINST CoF.

By the way I think this thread is very funny there are lots of narrow-minded people out there. I fully agree with Aronax Of Steel, many votes for Moonspell weren't for Moonspell at all, they were against the "teen" metal band Cradle of Filth. I was here to talk about Moonspell and CoF, not about Korn, Slipknot or any other "teen" metal band, but it was impossible for me not to talk about such comments like "it's strange a person like Nile and Korn", "Poo vs Pee" or "Davis 'enoja' anyone that like metal". First of all, if there's no comparison between Moonspell and CoF, then there's no comparison between CoF and Korn, because CoF is much more different from Korn than from Moonspell. The only comparsion between CoF and Slipknot or Korn is because it's a trend to bash all of this bands. A poll about "Which one of these bands do you bash the most??" would be very successful.

Keep on tr00 and br00tal guys!!

:
26.04.2007 - 20:25
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Bitch Boy on 26.04.2007 at 20:18

My vote goes for Moonspell, I enjoy both bands but Dani's vocals sometimes annoy me, and Fernando Ribeiro has a better and much more versatile voice instead. I also prefer the more goth rock orientated style by Moonspell, along with their doom influences. I don't understand the comparison between both bands yet, but anyway, my vote wasn't AGAINST CoF.

By the way I think this thread is very funny there are lots of narrow-minded people out there. I fully agree with Aronax Of Steel, many votes for Moonspell weren't for Moonspell at all, they were against the "teen" metal band Cradle of Filth. I was here to talk about Moonspell and CoF, not about Korn, Slipknot or any other "teen" metal band, but it was impossible for me not to talk about such comments like "it's strange a person like Nile and Korn", "Poo vs Pee" or "Davis 'enoja' anyone that like metal". First of all, if there's no comparison between Moonspell and CoF, then there's no comparison between CoF and Korn, because CoF is much more different from Korn than from Moonspell. The only comparsion between CoF and Slipknot or Korn is because it's a trend to bash all of this bands. A poll about "Which one of these bands do you bash the most??" would be very successful.

:

Yeah man, some people just don't have nothing better to do than to write Dani is gay... If you don't like his vocals write that down politly, like some people: I don't like CoF because Dani's voice is annoying me and not like: I hate fucking faggot Dani and his gay vocals.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
26.04.2007 - 21:16
MadGatsu
Written by APOHAKC on 26.04.2007 at 20:25

Written by Bitch Boy on 26.04.2007 at 20:18

:

Yeah man, some people just don't have nothing better to do than to write Dani is gay... If you don't like his vocals write that down politly, like some people: I don't like CoF because Dani's voice is annoying me and not like: I hate fucking faggot Dani and his gay vocals.

even though i voted moonspell, i gotta admit. dani's vocals are good O.o i dont see any other vocalist doing what he does. and im not talking in a "manly vs gay" way, im talking about different kind of singing / screaming. Boy, most ppl must really be jealous
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
27.04.2007 - 00:03
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
I vote for Moonspell. They are more constant in the quality of their albums than Cradle Of Filth.
28.04.2007 - 04:50
joaquin
well ill say moonspell. but i like both
----
courage to chage the things and wisdom to know the difference

real gamers never die, they just respawn
29.04.2007 - 14:40
Procardia
Account deleted
This poll has no sense. COF is extreme black metal and Moonspell is like Gothic Metal... We can't mix these things.

Anyway, I like COF and Moonspell but I have choosen Moonspell because I really like their sound. Their albums are brilliant and they work well. COF is overrated... Like, their new album.. What was that?!