Metal Storm logo
The easiest genre to get into

Original post

Posted by The Alchemist, 22.03.2007 - 05:18
As opposite to the thread: the most difficult genre to get into, I'd be interesting to see your opinions on this issue.
Imo, getting into a genre deppends of the music we listen to, besides Metal and what we search in Metal, for example: I got really easy into Gothic Metal because I was interested in the dark side of music, life, art... and I got really interested in the gothic culture for some time.
So, imo, the easiest genre to get into would be Power or Heavy, I can't decide which is the easiest one
05.04.2007 - 08:37
Danny Thomas
for me its power death like bodom or kalmah, or melo death gothenburg like dark tranquillity or arch enemy. i liek msot genres, but i can be in any kind of mood and usually find those easiest to just pick up and listen to easiest.
----
Our children are dead. Burnt in the ruins that were left by war.
05.04.2007 - 15:03
arwestromen
the easiest genre I got into where Heavy/power metal because of the meolodic themes in the music
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
05.04.2007 - 18:55
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I know that Nightwish is symphonic power, but this band it's somehow related with gothic
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
05.04.2007 - 22:47
APOHAKC
The Bard
Alchemist quoted me and I wrote that it is gothic/power so he have nothing to do with it... and I never actually wrote that Nightwish is gothic/power... I wrote goth/power bands LIKE Nightwish AND similar... so it could be Firewind, Sirenia or Darkwell... next time try to read whole post before you start acting smart...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
05.04.2007 - 23:40
Ernis
狼獾
Besides...the fact that some band has a female singer and is often called GOTH...doesn't mean that this is pure goth music....gothic music is defined by certain characteristics which appeared already during the 80ies darkwave movement....you should ask Rozzengarten....he's the expert....
06.04.2007 - 07:04
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by APOHAKC on 05.04.2007 at 22:47

Alchemist quoted me and I wrote that it is gothic/power so he have nothing to do with it... and I never actually wrote that Nightwish is gothic/power... I wrote goth/power bands LIKE Nightwish AND similar... so it could be Firewind, Sirenia or Darkwell... next time try to read whole post before you start acting smart...

I apologize then, but I didn't mean to act smart
----

Sensorium - Epica
06.04.2007 - 11:32
APOHAKC
The Bard
God I didn't say to you, I said to the other guy, I tried to defend you
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
08.04.2007 - 02:27
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
@Aronax: I see, there's no problem with it man, and thanks
----

Sensorium - Epica
08.04.2007 - 15:50
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Probably Melodic Death....most kids thesedays I see around here probably find that its the easiest genre to get into since many of them here are into hardcore...and we all know how some bands like Unearth then really started to mix harcore and melodic death up so I guess in that sense for many of the hardcore kids its easier to go over to Melodic Death. I also find that many kids who start off listening to crap like Korn etc eventually become less ignorant after some time and discover new better bands and probably migrate to melodic death.
08.04.2007 - 21:47
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
These days hardcore/metalcore is the new nu metal...kids get into that shit really easily and then it acts as a gateway into heavier stuff...hell man, they open for all these classic thrash/death acts...
12.04.2007 - 02:30
Demon Hunter
I think that its power,becouse it is melodic and softer than most of the other genres.
14.04.2007 - 08:14
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Im starting to think its folk metal. I recently got someone whos really into rap and usually hates metal into Finntroll. Which is wierd because Finntroll has harsher vocals, but he didnt care because it was hella fun music.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
14.04.2007 - 09:40
Destryphior
Ehm, I don't think it is any sort of genre that is an easy path, I think there are some sorts of bands which makes people try new stuff. The first step into metal is through these "Mainstream Metal Bands", also called good metal bands. Popular bands such as CoB Dimmu Borgir, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Metallica, there's at least one for every metal genre. I don't think ny of these are easier than the others, it's just a matter of taste where to begin
17.04.2007 - 03:40
Urizen367
i'd have to say (currently) classic metal. there's been a resurgence in classic bands (what with reforming, re-recording, etc) and every time they do something, their fan count increases by at least 5000 worldwide. if your band is more than 20 years old, it will catch.
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
19.04.2007 - 22:53
Hatebreeder_509
Account deleted
everyone is going to have their own genre, i think its different for everyone, anny thing rap is pretty hard for me to listen to, but i can listen to pretty much everything else. I like to keep an open mind about music, whether or not its hard to do.
20.04.2007 - 08:50
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Heavy Metal is the easiest genre to get into imo, i mean its basically just a varient of rock, mainly just an uplifted pace. European Power Metal is also quite easy because of its interesting themes, and wide range of styles.
21.04.2007 - 22:23
atte
Account deleted
Depends pretty much on people but I would say power metal. Its not too radical to drive people away and its that kind of energic what drags people in.

Oh how good I'm at expressing myself...

EDIT: Im not thou huge fan of power.
22.04.2007 - 22:38
Copernican
Account deleted
For me Power was the last one I got into...
Metalcore and Nu-metal are by far the easiest... followed by Symphonic if someone likes classical music or movie scores.
Although I like Power more than others now I actually hated it quite a lot ages ago unless it was symphonic and even then sometimes the vocals irritated me. I found Melo-Death easier to get into. Although I got into both around the same time Power took more getting used to for me.
27.04.2007 - 07:23
Icewings
La Luna
Hi my dear, well to me I guess there is not easy way to get into music , I have a strong ear so even music that is simple in rythm and other things is still not something easy because there can be so many sounds to it so to me there is not really the easiest to get into every band is different and you have to listen carefully, if you mean that which one is more appealing like easily then that's a taste manner or even a soul manner like me with Easter music I just when I hear it it just moves me inside , you know what I mean , but well interesting topic my dear ..
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
27.04.2007 - 09:38
Marshmellow
I started metal listening to Maiden and Blind Guardian, then i think power and heavy are together the easiests styles to get into...when i started to listen, i couldn t see the diference between blind and maiden, for me there was no power metal, blind an maiden = just heavy metal, and the same with manowar and helloween...
Nu and industrial are easy also, but i guess maybe it is another group of metal...people who listen to it maybe can start later lintening to other genres, or can stop there and listen to only these genres(nu and industrial).
I think melodic death or traditional thrash are the easiest to get into extreme metal...
27.04.2007 - 14:39
MadGatsu
Written by arwestromen on 05.04.2007 at 15:03

the easiest genre I got into where Heavy/power metal because of the meolodic themes in the music

ditto. although i gotta say bands like Children of Bodom also get me in the mood for a hardcore headbang \m/ lol
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
29.04.2007 - 00:44
Urizen367
i'd say thrash metal. cause it's pretty much like all the genres put together, in some way or another
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
29.04.2007 - 01:56
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 22.03.2007 at 22:16

Probaly Heavy Metal and Power Metal. They're catchy and they're not that extreme nor depresive nor dense as some other genres. Also gothic, because IMo it's kind of simple you know, there are not like big solos or that kinda stuff.

Agreed. Also, Melodic Death seems to be easy to get into for many, because of catchy melodies pretty much.
01.05.2007 - 03:07
Nazeef
I think POWER/HEAVY METAL is not that easy to obtain, specially if it's a good one (like Kamelot, Rhapsody...) Specially in term of arrangement, musical research and even technicity...
In fact, I guess that Grind Metal is the easiest metal genre that any body can achieve, because it's not based on real musical concepts, it deals with a specific attitute, once you hold it... you can make noise:thankyou:!!!:noidea:
----
http://www.myspace.com/shallishine
01.05.2007 - 06:24
Black Mass
Written by Urizen367 on 29.04.2007 at 00:44

i'd say thrash metal. cause it's pretty much like all the genres put together, in some way or another

Yep, I'd have to say Thrash Metal as well. I love that shit!
04.05.2007 - 04:24
Inlé
(Old School) Thrash here too, personally, closely followed by power.

In general it seems to be power though. Especially the softer side such as Kamelot, from my experience anyway.
04.05.2007 - 16:19
Rubey
Account deleted
Written by Danny Thomas on 05.04.2007 at 08:37

for me its power death like bodom or kalmah, or melo death gothenburg like dark tranquillity or arch enemy. i liek msot genres, but i can be in any kind of mood and usually find those easiest to just pick up and listen to easiest.

Same here... there are many modern metalcore bands now-days that are very easy to get into as well ...
16.05.2007 - 11:18
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
I find that thrash metal is very easy to indroduce people too. because its really not that different to hard rock just a little heavier and faster.
As well as power and heavy metal, because people are always impressed by good singers first before they hear the music
17.05.2007 - 02:44
Blackwinged 666
Account deleted
What about emo?
18.05.2007 - 11:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Urizen367 on 29.04.2007 at 00:44

I dont agree in nowdays its not so easy get into thrash in 80ties yes it was but now its to brutal for all and I dunno if some who ha sno extreme metal experiance can get into it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing