Metal Storm logo
Music genre you despise the most

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 06.07.2007 - 20:33
i was looking through this forum and found that many people like music which i consider shit. nothing wrong with that, but it made me curious as to what do people on here truly despise.

i, for one, hate improvisational jazz mainly, when the only one who isn't soloing is the drummer playing in 17/13 time signature a 32-bar rhythm.. sure, you're technical, but.... no emotion in your playing, therefore YOU SUCK!
05.08.2007 - 17:57
Aylee_Bodom
¬¬
Written by Taktsekte on 23.07.2007 at 18:05

Written by [user id=24842] on 10.07.2007 at 23:44

why arnt more people saying country? lol ska is horrible too.

That's because Reggaeton exists. Seriously, tulkas is right (and pretty much any Spanish / Latin American Metalstormer you may ask), Reggaeton cannot be described as music. It's more like the most successful Panamanian torture method. It is a mixture of vomitive noise, stupidity, machismo, and a prefabricated background rhythm that serves for every single Reggaeton song (or let's just say "every single Reggaeton long sound"). Here are some Reggaeton examples which will convince you of preferring being disembowelled and impaled before listening to them:

Don Omar - Pobre Diabla - Wrong. Just wrong.
Wisin y Yandel - Eléctrica - It is a different track by a different artist (???), I swear. Undecipherable gibberish, even to a native Spanish speaker, and infinite pain for your ears.
Daddy Yankee - La Gasolina - A faggot whining "I like fuel, give me more fuel, she likes fuel and I love fuel" for more than 5 minutes. That's terrorism in my humble opinion.

This is a peaceful attempt from Venezuela to stop this crime against humanity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-BqjNeJp-w. The posters say "Alliance for a Reggaeton-free Venezuela", "Say NO to Reggaeton. For a Reggaeton-free world", "Danger! Reggaeton is listened here. High risk of auditive pollution", "Music moves the world. Reggaeton stops it" and so on.

Death to Reggaeton!

I totally agree with you, reggaeton is the worst abomination ever >.< And they keep making more and more songs every summer
----
*All Blood Runs The Same*
21.08.2007 - 16:21
vusza
Hmmm... I'd say "gothic metal" and nu metal. In the first place, they aren't metal at all, in my opinion. What does a wilting rose, ravens or Dracula, fetish or 'victorian' clothing etc. have to do with metal? To me, it's pure saliva factory. No offense, I have no problem with the gothic music of the 80s, but the 'gothic metal' aka. saliva metal drives me nuts.
----
No guts, no glory.
22.08.2007 - 16:03
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
hip hop, rap and RnB. Of what i've heard in hip hop, they always complaining about their life, the music annoys me and i don't like their style too. Rap is the opposite: " i was very poor, but now i'm very rich, leave me alone or you'll get shot in the head." (that's my opinion about rap ). Oh, and then there is 50 cent, a guy who got shot nine times and now he is the best!
RnB is just "non sense", lyrics that are absolutely stupid and the musics rhythm are so bad...
23.08.2007 - 21:45
Chaosgoat
country and rap are the only types of music that i just cant listen to. other types of music i can tolarate, although i have yet to have actualy heard this regeton you are all talking about.
23.08.2007 - 22:41
Reizenstein
Swedish pop, like "Darin" or Per Gessle. Thats just hideoulsy horrible. The music is not original in any way, and the lyrics are all "I Love you very much but now you went to another town and thats why I'm crying and feeling so horrible, and today I'm going to jump of a building" ARGH!
----
Growl
24.08.2007 - 11:35
vusza
Written by Reizenstein on 23.08.2007 at 22:41

Swedish pop, like "Darin" or Per Gessle. Thats just hideoulsy horrible. The music is not original in any way, and the lyrics are all "I Love you very much but now you went to another town and thats why I'm crying and feeling so horrible, and today I'm going to jump of a building" ARGH!

lmao @ lyrics. I have to listen to some, to have a laugh lol. What do you recommend, hehe? Anyways, I probably won't understand, but hey, pop music's all the same.
----
No guts, no glory.
24.08.2007 - 12:50
Torelli
It isn't many gengres I despise, hardly none infact. Rap, hiphop, pop, R&B, trance, you name it. I don't despise thos gengres even if I don't neacecarly listen to it. However, I do despise some musicans though. Those kind of "artists" that sample so much that it can practicly be called stealing. Eric Prydz's "Proper education" is a good example of that.
24.08.2007 - 16:28
Inlé
Any music where the appeal/looks of the artist are obviously more of the focus than the actual music.

Oh yes and dance music where some woman moans over a repeated beat for about 5 minutes.
27.08.2007 - 19:41
Reizenstein
Written by vusza on 24.08.2007 at 11:35

lmao @ lyrics. I have to listen to some, to have a laugh lol. What do you recommend, hehe? Anyways, I probably won't understand, but hey, pop music's all the same.

Hmm... Basicly Darin and Per Gessle (swedish lyrics). Thing is, those bands are played constantly on the radio. accually, the heaviest band I've heard played on swedish radio was Metallica, and that was Nothing Else Matters.
----
Growl
27.08.2007 - 22:05
Bricirius
Well hello there all i despise the most those genres : pop ,rap, techno and all whats based on computer , reggae, country, damn so many of those styles that i cant count atm and i dont like screamo either and all the club musics and stuff and all stuff like this ...
28.08.2007 - 01:10
juliocb
emo and, emo, and lets see...EMO
----
http://www.ballade.no/nmi.nsf/pic/carpatian_forest_01/$file/carpatian_forest_01.jpg
29.08.2007 - 00:36
Warman
Erotic Stains

Haha, c'mon, at least Gessle gave us immortal hits such as "Flickorna på TV2" (The Girls on Channel 2) and "Här kommer alla känslorna på en och samma gång" (Here Comes all the Emotions at the One and Same Time)... and I especially like his latest hit "En händig man" (A Handy Man)... that chorus is so catchy: "Jag kommer hem till dig/jag är en händig man".
Haha, no I'm just joking with you. Swedish pop isn't good... but I think there's so much worse music out there. :
----
29.08.2007 - 08:20
Dan066
Account deleted
Screamo (emo + screaming) and pop-punk. Also that retarded hip hop music where some guy will make up a slang word and say it 50 times with a dumb beat that's used in hundreds of other dumb hip hop songs.
29.08.2007 - 09:32
Reizenstein
Written by Warman on 29.08.2007 at 00:36

Haha, c'mon, at least Gessle gave us immortal hits such as "Flickorna på TV2" (The Girls on Channel 2) and "Här kommer alla känslorna på en och samma gång" (Here Comes all the Emotions at the One and Same Time)... and I especially like his latest hit "En händig man" (A Handy Man)... that chorus is so catchy: "Jag kommer hem till dig/jag är en händig man".
Haha, no I'm just joking with you. Swedish pop isn't good... but I think there's so much worse music out there. :

Hardly. Swedish pop is about as interesting and dynamic as watching paint on a wall while it's drying. Yuck. What about Darin? "Money for nothing" is a classic, and the ballad "Why does it rain" as well. No honestly, I despise it awfully.
----
Growl
29.08.2007 - 10:08
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Reizenstein on 29.08.2007 at 09:32

Written by Warman on 29.08.2007 at 00:36

Hardly. Swedish pop is about as interesting and dynamic as watching paint on a wall while it's drying. Yuck. What about Darin? "Money for nothing" is a classic, and the ballad "Why does it rain" as well. No honestly, I despise it awfully.

Yeah, those songs with Darin rocks. But I prefer his Idol version of the Christina Aguillera song "You're Beautiful", true poetry.
----
29.08.2007 - 14:13
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Oh, i forgot to mention that i really hate portuguese music, in Portugal is called "Pimba". It's really disgusting
This is a video of one of the worst singers in Portugal (i already showed this to Kariasakis7 and he hated ): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk02oXPONW4
29.08.2007 - 16:17
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Unconsecrated on 29.08.2007 at 14:13

Oh, i forgot to mention that i really hate portuguese music, in Portugal is called "Pimba". It's really disgusting
This is a video of one of the worst singers in Portugal (i already showed this to Kariasakis7 and he hated ): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk02oXPONW4

Actually, I liked this, it is not all that bad at all, actually, I think I could listen this from time to time
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
29.08.2007 - 16:34
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Written by APOHAKC on 29.08.2007 at 16:17

Actually, I liked this, it is not all that bad at all, actually, I think I could listen this from time to time

Well, if he sang in your language and you could understand the lyrics, you'll have the opposite opinion.
29.08.2007 - 16:36
APOHAKC
The Bard
Hahahaha, very possible, I like you language, maybe that is why I like the music, and still, I hate Serbian music, although, I hate music and lyrics.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
29.08.2007 - 16:57
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Written by APOHAKC on 29.08.2007 at 16:36

Hahahaha, very possible, I like you language, maybe that is why I like the music, and still, I hate Serbian music, although, I hate music and lyrics.

I like my language too, the only bad thing about it, is the grammar, quite difficult.
This is a chorus (translation) from the same singer of the video that i posted:
"I like to take the breasts of the yearling goat."
30.08.2007 - 08:39
vusza
Heh, thanks Reizenstein.
----
No guts, no glory.
13.09.2007 - 13:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Unconsecrated on 29.08.2007 at 14:13

Gahhahahahaha I agree whit you man how that guy survive so long
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.09.2007 - 22:14
Fane
Easy: RAP/HIP HOP. Gosh I just can't listen that. Reasons? There is only 2 of them.
1. Boring. It's like some monkey is cranking a musicbox which plays 5 seconds long "song".
2. The words. Oh yes.. cool words like "police", "beat/shoot", "gangsta" etc. Wow! How cool is that..

And tbh. Finnish rap is the worst of all
----
Coffee for power
Music for creativity
Sarcasm for fun
16.09.2007 - 02:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Fane on 13.09.2007 at 22:14

Easy: RAP/HIP HOP. Gosh I just can't listen that. Reasons? There is only 2 of them.
1. Boring. It's like some monkey is cranking a musicbox which plays 5 seconds long "song".
2. The words. Oh yes.. cool words like "police", "beat/shoot", "gangsta" etc. Wow! How cool is that..

And tbh. Finnish rap is the worst of all

IMO all rap in home langaueges are terible like
----

16.09.2007 - 05:56
Ellie
Account deleted
I don't really despise any music . I can't think of any genre that makes me sick to my stomach or anything. People like what they like..as long as they don't foist it upon me then I am content.
16.09.2007 - 08:16
TXRocker4Life
Account deleted
I absolutely would rather drink a year old beer that has been left out than listen to rap, RnB, so called hip hop. Also country made by todays so called country artists (kenny chesney, rascall flats, etc). The only good country music is Cash, Haggard, Hank Williams Jr, Willie, you know the old stuff. But the new shit coming out mid 90s thru just makes my hemrhoids burn.
that is all
end transmission
17.09.2007 - 01:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=19524] on 16.09.2007 at 08:16

I absolutely would rather drink a year old beer that has been left out than listen to rap, RnB, so called hip hop. Also country made by todays so called country artists (kenny chesney, rascall flats, etc). The only good country music is Cash, Haggard, Hank Williams Jr, Willie, you know the old stuff. But the new shit coming out mid 90s thru just makes my hemrhoids burn.
that is all
end transmission

Country maybe but old 50ties 70tie scountry wa sgood and also those country songs who are fast
----

18.09.2007 - 08:46
?Master?
Account deleted
err i cant stand emo sum whiney crappy kid who cant sing bitching about life? no thanx
n i like rap but hate gangster rap!! shut the fuk up with ur bullshit how ghetto n how thug can u be with ur bel air mansions?
18.09.2007 - 17:14
April.Ethereal87
Account deleted
Well, i work 2 jobs, One of which is a music store, It's called FYE (Im sure most of the Americans will know what this is) It's a big music store, Owned by a bunch of big corporate assholes, With that being said, They tend to play what's popular in stores. For 8 hours straight a day, All I hear is Rap/Emo/Country/R&B?Everything else. it gets so annoying.We have the same cd's to play in store for MONTHS at a time. It gets so annoying, and by the end of the night, you just want to scream all the way to your car to get some good music in.

... And when they give us "Metal" Cd's for in store play... It's all linkin park and korn bullshit.

Of course, I can't knock them completely because at one point, we had a halfway decent metal cd for in store play, it had Megadeth and Maiden on it...

But In the end, Rap/R&B/Emo/Country just gets on my last undying nerve.
18.09.2007 - 21:49
Lord TJ
Written by [user id=25764] on 18.09.2007 at 17:14

But In the end, Rap/R&B/Emo/Country just gets on my last undying nerve.

Yea, those four genres suck and also drive me nuts. I work at a shitty skating rink and I get to listen to the mainstream shit. Any kind of real metal is considered satanic and evil I guess.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage