Metal Storm logo
Best Canadian Metal Band

Original post

Posted by Endoftherainbow, 28.06.2006 - 09:19
I had created another topic similar to this on the old forum "What Canadian Death Metal Band is best?" but now I have decided I want to create a new thread but more broad. Canada is home to many great metal bands especially in the genre of death metal. What Canadian Metal Band do you think is best and why? What is your favorite album by the band? What do you think of the other Canadian bands? Please refrain from picking other if your choice is Rush because I don't want them included in this pole because I don't consider them metal.

I couldn't chose between two bands so my favorite Canadian Metal bands are Quo Vadis and Devin Townsend. Devin Townsend because they put on a great live show and all of their albums are amazing. My favorite Devin Townsend album is Infinity because it has my favorite song by them "Bad Devil". Quo Vadis because they are the best Technical Death Metal band in my opinion. All of their albums are great but my favorite is Defiant Imagination. Their riffs are amazing and Yanic Berciers drumming is untouchable IMO.

Other Canadian bands that I like are Cryptopsy, Into Eternity, Kataklysm, Strapping Young Lad, and Annihilator.

Poll

What Canadian Band is best?

Annihilator
Other
Strapping Young Lad
Kataklysm
Quo Vadis
Cryptopsy
Into Eternity
Gorguts
Martyr

Total votes: 230
25.01.2007 - 18:14
chuckie
Account deleted
Definately annihilator, Other bands that are up there are blasphemy, toxicator, cryptopsy etc...
27.01.2007 - 22:07
FabricationError
Account deleted
My vote went to Quo Vadis cuz they're my fav. band.The Drummer is a drumgod and the guitarists are both perfect.also in 2004 Steve DiGorgio joined them to make the album Defiant Imagination so the bass sound is fantastic (with the solos).They're my pick cuz they're best
01.02.2007 - 00:20
Bloody Rain
I Am The Night
My vote goes to Cryptopsy, however I have to give credit where credit is due. Into Eternity is a really good band (especially Buried in Oblivion), and I also really enjoy SYL and Gorguts. Another good (but very unknown) band worth mentioning is Unexpect. It's really hard to describe their music.... it's like avantgarde I guess. I can't wait to see them live in April (apparently they put on a killer live show).
05.02.2007 - 23:20
Buttercup
Account deleted
I Chose "Other" Voivod all the way!
06.02.2007 - 04:51
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
I chose Quo Vadis, I think I gave my reason why I like them the most in the other thread... if not, it is because I find that it's very rare to come across Technical Death Metal of their kind, pure speed and aggression with meldoy to boot! Quite extraordinary drumming too!
06.02.2007 - 05:03
Himann
Orm KrigGud
There were 3 which were right up there for me, Annihilator, Cryptopsy and Quo Vadis. Ended up voting for Quo Vadis as their Melodic/Technical/Speed combination was pretty much the first I had heard of the kind. Others came after that but these guys were the first at that time..
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
09.02.2007 - 13:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Nobody diodnt talk about clasival heavy metal band from Canada Anvil, why
I m listening them now, live album ''Past and present - Live In Concert '' band are so good and amazing

Its one of old livers in heavy metal and one of oldest Canadian bands ever
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.02.2007 - 04:10
Dan066
Account deleted
Cryptopsy and Annihilator are my favorites up there. Into Eternity's also pretty cool, they have an awesome unique style mixing progressive metal with power metal and death.
12.02.2007 - 07:14
Priest Of Hex
Account deleted
Gorguts definately owns this poll. I was going to mention 'other' bands, but they're too kvlt.
18.02.2007 - 18:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hmm I just remeber band where use to sing Rob Rock
Angelica its god heavy metal abnd from Canada you all shood try it
----

14.06.2007 - 13:45
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
I voted for cryptopsy. One of my favourite DM bands of all time.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
14.06.2007 - 19:19
Warman
Erotic Stains
Not truly Metal... but without doubt Rush! I love them, so much atmosphere and music that makes you happy.
----
15.06.2007 - 01:34
In Chaos
annihilator is definitely the best Canadian band. I saw them live with Trivium, and have just bought the album 'All for you' and i love it.
15.06.2007 - 01:56
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 09.02.2007 at 13:26

I m listening them now, live album ''Past and present - Live In Concert '' band are so good and amazing

cuz they're difficult to get access to, i tried getting hold ov their classic stuff to check them out but to no avail. Same with Piledriver

anyway, to me the best Canadian bands are 3 Inches Of Blood, Exciter and Razor

15.06.2007 - 09:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=160] on 15.06.2007 at 01:56

Written by Bad English on 09.02.2007 at 13:26

cuz they're difficult to get access to, i tried getting hold ov their classic stuff to check them out but to no avail. Same with Piledriver

anyway, to me the best Canadian bands are 3 Inches Of Blood, Exciter and Razor

I agree but you can dounliud and also there are vibrationsofdoom
----

15.06.2007 - 19:11
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@K7: doesn't vibrationsofdoom only serve Real Player files though?
15.06.2007 - 19:38
graywolf87
Account deleted
Quo Vadis...why? because that's the one I listen the most out of the bunch, and one of the best death metal bands around just hoping to see them live someday...Annihilator's Jeff Waters one of the best Canadians axe masters they go second for me.
15.06.2007 - 21:05
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
what? no Bryan Adams on this poll?

I opted for SYL - they are my favorites of those listed. I am still getting into Voivod, so if you ask me again a couple months from now, my opinion might be different.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
18.07.2007 - 16:41
Infurnace
Pretty hard one, but i'm voting Cryptopsy on this one. I like all the bands, but if I have to pick one, it would be Cryptopsy. That would be the band I listen the most to, though Martyr, Kataklysm and Annihilator are close too.
19.07.2007 - 03:30
Sonic Titan
Account deleted
VOIVOD FUCKERS!!! CLASSIC FUCKING VOIVOD!!!
19.07.2007 - 07:44
Torture Killer
Account deleted
Annihilator, thrash 'til death
24.08.2007 - 14:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=160] on 15.06.2007 at 19:11

@K7: doesn't vibrationsofdoom only serve Real Player files though?

YES!
----

28.08.2007 - 16:33
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Cryptopsy is one of my favourite death metal bands (so i voted Cryptopsy). Lord Worm left, and they are searching for a vocalist with clean vocals and a keyboardist, well...i hope that the change is going to be good Another canadian band that i like is "Beneath The Massacre".
09.10.2007 - 07:39
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Worthless question ANNIHILATOR of course Jeff Waters is a legend
----
Stay Metal !!!
29.05.2008 - 18:27
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
strapping young lad o course!!
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
30.05.2008 - 00:14
Gordon Freeman
There are truly tons of great Canadian bands.

My personal favorite is 3 Inches of Blood (not on the poll) but all the ones listed are great.

Question to the thread poster and forgive me if this has already been asked. If Devin Townsend is one of your favorites...why the bloody hell is he not on your poll?
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
10.06.2008 - 15:12
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
I go for Kataklysm. I could vote for Quo VAdis too but I prefer Kataklysm.
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
10.06.2008 - 15:37
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
All those bands in the poll are good, but i'm to much of a fan of Martyr to make my decision difficult.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
10.06.2008 - 16:54
TheBigRossowski
Cryptopsy used to be awesome, so they got my vote. Out of those bands mentioned, at least their my favorite.

Never could stand Kataklysm too much though?
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
10.06.2008 - 17:22
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.06.2008 at 16:54

Cryptopsy used to be awesome

...At least their's last album sucks!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...