Metal Storm logo
Most talented and original bands since 2000

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 17.05.2006 - 08:33
im not too certain of any to be honest, there are many new bands which are quite good, but generally they sound like a blend of two or three bands.
The most origional sound iv heard of bands founded since 2000 is probably Epica,
the mid 90's was fantastic though since 2000 the picking have become a little thin imo, dozenze of bands with a new sound were coming out then. someone point me in a new direction please.
29.09.2006 - 03:26
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
Written by Stigmatized on 02.08.2006 at 19:53

Written by dark awakening on 01.08.2006 at 10:19

Absolutely not, tht's a great band. Check their first CD Ember To inferno, and then tell me.

I couldn't disagree more. In fact, Trivium is about as unoriginal as it gets.

Wow, you should listen to more metal, even their first album, they sound like every other gay emo metalcore band, and try a play solos to make them sound better, and then tour with awsome bands like Amon Amarth.
29.09.2006 - 03:45
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by [user id=1787] on 26.07.2006 at 12:20

God Forbid.

Yeah dude, god forbid kicks ass, just Mix Metalcore With American Death metal and A bunch of black guys, and you have God Forbid
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
29.09.2006 - 03:47
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Since 2000.......hmm....... Demons and Wizards?
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
29.09.2006 - 03:57
john_mcc
One of the most original and talented new bands that I have heard in a long time is definitely Diablo Swing Orchestra. The only band that I know of to ever mix Metal and Swing in a serious way, and not only that they really make it work. I was very much taken by surprise when i heard their album.
29.09.2006 - 09:07
Winter Death
Account deleted
Written by Immortal Plague on 29.09.2006 at 03:26

Written by Stigmatized on 02.08.2006 at 19:53

Written by dark awakening on 01.08.2006 at 10:19

Absolutely not, tht's a great band. Check their first CD Ember To inferno, and then tell me.

I couldn't disagree more. In fact, Trivium is about as unoriginal as it gets.

Wow, you should listen to more metal, even their first album, they sound like every other gay emo metalcore band, and try a play solos to make them sound better, and then tour with awsome bands like Amon Amarth.

Trivium = a joke.
29.09.2006 - 11:39
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Hmm lets see...

Mastodon
Protest The Hero
Tourettes Syndrome
Dredg (formed earlier but debut album released in 2001)
Textures
Jesu
29.09.2006 - 12:25
Klaara
Account deleted
Written by Arian Totalis on 29.09.2006 at 03:47

Yes, they're definitely good and talented, but no so original imo... Don't you think?
But I like them
29.09.2006 - 13:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=16656] on 29.09.2006 at 12:25

Yes, they're definitely good and talented, but no so original imo... Don't you think?
But I like them

Well i dont agree whit you because Hansi start musician carier whit Lufifers Heritage who leither change name to Blind Guardian and it was in 80ties and same about mambers who come from Iced Earth thay start in 80ties too, so its not that thay are after 2000
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.09.2006 - 13:57
wrathchild
Staff
[mod] Please avoid multiple quotes, and please justify your picks. Posts such as "God Forbid" or "Trivium" should have been reported as spams... Thanks. [/mod]
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
29.09.2006 - 13:59
Klaara
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 29.09.2006 at 13:48

Written by [user id=16656] on 29.09.2006 at 12:25

But I like them

Well i dont agree whit you because Hansi start musician carier whit Lufifers Heritage who leither change name to Blind Guardian and it was in 80ties and same about mambers who come from Iced Earth thay start in 80ties too, so its not that thay are after 2000

Yes, but Demons & Wizards are their new band, and the first CD is from 2000, so they belong here. I think we're talking about new bands, not about members. In this case doesn't matter when they started their musical career...
29.09.2006 - 14:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by wrathchild on 29.09.2006 at 13:57

[mod] Please avoid multiple quotes, . [/mod]

What is multiple quote?

@klaara - i dont agree, because for me bands after 2000 are those who start play after 2000 and mambers hawnt played in big bands before for example werry talanted band are Twisted Tower Die and Icarus Witch, thay play heavy metal, I shood say old school and bands are talanted, in your case then Poisin Black can be talanted too, but Ville's work whit Sentenced

And Demons and Wizrads idea born in 90ties I think 1993 when Blind Guardian and Iced Earth play in one show band mambers think about some kind a project, but well we know how long take realised album

Lol then Rhapsody Of Fire counts too and Luca Turrili Dreamquest
----

29.09.2006 - 14:15
wrathchild
Staff
Written by Bad English on 29.09.2006 at 14:11

What is multiple quote?

Look at Winter Death's last post and you'll see.

As for your debate with Klaara, she's more than very right. Take the first post, it says the guy thinks Epica are the most talented and original band since 2000, but some of the members of Epica were already playing with After Forever before.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
29.09.2006 - 14:33
Klaara
Account deleted

Lol then Rhapsody Of Fire counts too

No. Because they're not new band. Just new name . But let's stop this discussion, I don't want to argue
And thanks for supporting me, wrathchild

As for new talented bands, I agree that Textures are interesting.
I also saw Riverside at Masters of Rock festival, but they were not so interesting for me (let's say a bit boring ), maybe because they're not festival band, I don't know...
29.09.2006 - 19:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by wrathchild on 29.09.2006 at 14:15

What is multiple quote?

Look at Winter Death's last post and you'll see.

As for your debate with Klaara, she's more than very right. Take the first post, it says the guy thinks Epica are the most talented and original band since 2000, but some of the members of Epica were already playing with After Forever before.

Ok i see

About Klaara debate, IMO Demons n Wizrds dont count and AF and Epica are lil diferent IMO
Epica - Well even if some mambers play in After Forever MA says band form in 95, firts demo 99, I dunno how old thay was but thay was in age 20 or something, and thay start muiscian carier in young age, and Epica firts album has in 2000 and only who there are from AF are Mark Jensen, other still shood proove them self, same whit After Forever, and thay bout bands was know after 2000 so

But Blind Guardian thay was un teenage years when start playing and whit first album ''Battalions Of Fear'' thay was famous and thay use to pla instrumenst more thenm 10 years and same about Iced Earth, so when Demons n Wizards come, thay has expirience and talant, but ok I agree some wright has Klaara and you

OK also your post in Dounloud or Not Doounloud tread, i gonna replay on it when be time, but you say about if bands get dounloudet thay cant get money, sme rec companies and thay cant be so popular, I think its reason why some good bands hasnt popular

@Klaara ok stop
----

29.09.2006 - 20:05
rebelos
Account deleted
what about The Mars Volta?
they are really proggresive, even though not that metal but their music is strange and absolutely groundbreaking
29.09.2006 - 20:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=14169] on 29.09.2006 at 20:05

what about The Mars Volta?
they are really proggresive, even though not that metal but their music is strange and absolutely groundbreaking

I know 2 songs of them and only what I liie are ''The Widow'' and I realy can not say if thay are moust tallanted or not, I need hear album, but if I listnen it I fall a sleep
----

29.09.2006 - 21:44
batwoman
Account deleted
Mors Principium Est.......... they were established in 1999, but their first album was in 2002... just great!!!! finland melodeath
29.09.2006 - 22:28
Winchester87
Account deleted
I would go for Communic. Someone might say they are a Nevermore clone, but hey they're not that bad. I think they just go with Nevermore's formula of VERY dark emotional metal, but their works are very original.
01.10.2006 - 06:49
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
Written by [user id=16136] on 29.09.2006 at 09:07

Trivium = a joke.

Finally someone speaks the truth.
01.10.2006 - 07:06
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I don't know if I've posted here yet, but from the top of my head, Benighted is the most talented band since 2000ish. They are a brutal death metal band from France that have lyrics about mental illnesses. The vocals consist of insanely low growls, high screams, shouts, and even a pig squeel here and there. The drumming is so crazy that if Joey Jordison attempted to play them, he would simply explode. The guitars are also great, featuring memorble riffs and solos. They play together extremely well and most of their songs feature a lot of time changes. Their newest album, Identisick, is the best album of 2006 and my 3rd favorite death metal album of all time.

They easily kick the shit out of talentless bands such as Trivium, A Dozen Furies, etc.
01.10.2006 - 14:19
KUFFAR
Account deleted
Lamb of god, for sure.

One of the most original and great band from 2000.
I cant find any other bands that stand up like this band in the last 6 years.

Mastodon after them.

And then all the crappy metalcore...rather then taht nothing intresting in the last yaers.
06.10.2006 - 22:43
TrinX
Account deleted
for me Gojira is the most original and great band since 2000. i've never heard something like this before
31.10.2006 - 09:05
soilwork
Account deleted
pyroleprechaun you are right about Benighted, they are great, my second favorite of the year. My number one is Keep of kalessin!. But i don't found Benighted very original. Gojira has my vote too, they are getting a pretty unique sound.
05.11.2006 - 16:23
BADDEST MEMBER
I vote for Benighted too. By the way the bands I mention more are Anaal Nathrakh and Ares Wrath. Im not sure if they are "original" but their sound are cool enough for me to hear. Ares Wrath has only an EP released in 2003, they play black metal with very good solo.
06.11.2006 - 21:15
?Bodomchild?
For me Wintersun ! its original and for have 2 years of formation they have a big mass of fans IMO, i know people like Jari and Jukka play in other bands before play in Wintersun also Dreamaker i know that they have ex Dark Moor integrants but is a different band like Dark Moor playing a thrasy power isnt like to Dark Moor i like more them tha new Dark Moor roster
----
asd
07.11.2006 - 03:23
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
Equilibrium are also another good band, who've only existed since 2001 and make what I think is some of the best Folk/Viking Metal. On top of that, they also performed at this year's Wacken, so I think that say enough for a small abnd's talent, despite the fact that they're German-based.
07.11.2006 - 10:01
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Well, people who are not big fans of the band will disagree, and say they are a Nightwish rip off or something, but for my personal opinion, i find Edenbridge to be one of the most talented and even original bands since 2000.
Ok so the genre Symphonic Power Metal is nothing new, but if you look into each element of the band, they sound like noone else, i mean take Lanvall for example on guitars, he plays like no other ive heard, and he is one of my top 5 fav guitarists. They Keyboards pick up oriental themes all through their work, which for me, creates that distinct Edenbridge sound. Sabine on vocals? Well there is no other more talented imo, she never falters and can reach low and high notes, she was picked out even by Angra to support in their album Temple Of Shadows.
Id be fucked if i can relate Edenbridge to any other Symphonic Power Metal band, they are NOT alike, therefore i class them original too.

Another original and talented band since 2000 is Lost Horizon, for obvious reasons.
09.11.2006 - 07:57
BADDEST MEMBER
Written by ?Bodomchild? on 06.11.2006 at 21:15

For me Wintersun ! its original and for have 2 years of formation they have a big mass of fans IMO, i know people like Jari and Jukka play in other bands before play in Wintersun also Dreamaker i know that they have ex Dark Moor integrants but is a different band like Dark Moor playing a thrasy power isnt like to Dark Moor i like more them tha new Dark Moor roster

Yeah, Wintersun is most amazing band since 2000. Their album is one of best masterpieces till now
09.11.2006 - 12:46
Eternal Flames
I would have to say Communic are certainly one of the most talented bands since 2000. Their compositions are so very complex. They might not be as original as some other bands but they are an excellent band nevertheless. They've only released two albums so far and both have been nothing short of masterpieces. They're certainly a bunch of talented guys.

Age Of Silence is also another band that are very innovative and just extremely talented. Another Progressive Metal band, but they've got such a great atmosphere in their music. Lars Nedland has amazing vocals. Also the keyboards in Age Of Silence (done by Andy Winter) are incredible.

Stepping away from Progressive Metal for now, another band that I find quite talented and original are the Norwegian black metal band Lja. Their music is fierce yet still melodic at parts. Their songwriting in my opinion is very original, and they manage to write lengthy tracks without boring the listeners.
09.11.2006 - 15:00
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
DRUDKH ??