Metal Storm logo
Best female vocal band (Not Growls)

Original post

Posted by Dreamwar_86, 02.07.2006 - 11:31
whats your favorite female vocal band, what band has better technique and of course what band has the best vocals

for me is After Forever , Floor has a beautiful voice even live its Flawless,the music is great too, one of the best bands ever...

Poll

who is better and more original

Nightwish
Other...
Epica
After Forever
The Gathering
Within Temptation
Lacuna Coil
Theatre Of Tragedy
Xandria

Total votes: 272
19.08.2006 - 01:13
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 19.08.2006 at 01:05

Written by [user id=12867] on 19.08.2006 at 00:54

Sheeesh! this has almost turned into an Arch Enemy thread, I would vote other for Elisa Candelas Martin's efforts, she's a very original vocalist in my opinion... especially her work in Dark Moor and to a lesser degree, Dreamaker.

But she hasnt whit Darkmoor now, she ahs soem other badns where she ahs been mamber and Darkmor its male vocals band and it dobt counts ehre
But she hwo vocalists yes she has beautifull voice and she are great, BTW about her here are pool

I was referring to her past efforts K7... they should count, it dosesn't say 'in the present' now, does it?
19.08.2006 - 01:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=12867] on 19.08.2006 at 01:13

Written by Bad English on 19.08.2006 at 01:05

Written by [user id=12867] on 19.08.2006 at 00:54

Sheeesh! this has almost turned into an Arch Enemy thread, I would vote other for Elisa Candelas Martin's efforts, she's a very original vocalist in my opinion... especially her work in Dark Moor and to a lesser degree, Dreamaker.

But she hasnt whit Darkmoor now, she ahs soem other badns where she ahs been mamber and Darkmor its male vocals band and it dobt counts ehre
But she hwo vocalists yes she has beautifull voice and she are great, BTW about her here are pool

I was referring to her past efforts K7... they should count, it dosesn't say 'in the present' now, does it?

No it dosnt, but if soemone say Darkmoor, its male vocals and, If I want chack band lineup before soem half year I even didnt know Elisa C. Martin plays there

same about Arvh Anamy, before Angela tehre was man vocals
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.08.2006 - 01:40
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
@K7, Primal Fear said in his original post that he respects her work in Dark Moor and Dreamaker with is the name of one of her new bands. Classic Dark Moor is a female fronted band, and one of the best!!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
19.08.2006 - 01:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Susan on 19.08.2006 at 01:40

@K7, Primal Fear said in his original post that he respects her work in Dark Moor and Dreamaker with is the name of one of her new bands. Classic Dark Moor is a female fronted band, and one of the best!!

I know what eh try to say, but Im not shore how many of us know about clasic Dark Moor, and first when I find band in gothmetal.net I think it was band whit male vocals and Im not shore when Alfred Romero joine(dunno how spell) in band, but early albums was whit Elisa I think first 2 (counting EP)

I forgot mention in my first post this band
Power Syphony - Power Metal from Italy, thay play some kind a power metal and band has Manowar cover - ''Blod Of My Enemies' and I had hear first album, thay had great lyrics
Singer name are Michela D'Orlando
and songs are here http://www.powersymphony.com/
----

16.11.2006 - 22:15
Mariela.
Account deleted
I think Arch Enemy is a great female fronted band..And I've always liked Leave's Eyes to..
16.11.2006 - 23:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=3041] on 16.11.2006 at 22:15

I think Arch Enemy is a great female fronted band..And I've always liked Leave's Eyes to..

Well if we talking about Liv then respect what she done in Theatre Of Tragedy but Leave Eyes hmm for love songs its good, and I dont like love songs

Alos great voice she had in CoF song ''Nympheatamine''
----

17.11.2006 - 05:48
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
I really love Epica, but I was shocked on how low the voting was!
And another female fronted band is Magica, Ana's voice is amazing, and the music is good too,
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
17.11.2006 - 14:03
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
I totally voted for Epica but I was really dissappointed on the results only 4 votes for Epica, shame, I think the Epicas vocalist has the best vocals among these....
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
17.11.2006 - 14:37
toXic
arch enemy is the gratest band with female vokals, by a far...
----
<You that walk in the night, you are afraid of the light,
from a glorius and fearles night to the shadow of a man beaten in a fight,
ones granted the power of steel the promis he made NEVER to kneel.>
17.11.2006 - 15:20
Hellish Star
I voted Nightwish because of Tarja's outstanding vocals.... It's such a pity she left the band...
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
17.11.2006 - 16:35
Mariela.
Account deleted
Quote:
Written by Bad English on 16.11.2006 at 23:12

Written by [user id=3041] on 16.11.2006 at 22:15

Well if we talking about Liv then respect what she done in Theatre Of Tragedy but Leave Eyes hmm for love songs its good, and I dont like love songs

Alos great voice she had in CoF song ''Nympheatamine''

Yes, I got familier with Leave's Eyes after I had heard CoF "Nymphetamine", it's a great song!

20.11.2006 - 05:57
El Vikingo
Nightwish for me is BY FAR the best girlie fronted metal band out there. At first when I discovered Lacuna Coil I went all bug nutty looking for bands like this and ever since I really got into Nightwish, all of this other stuff is pretty much unlistenable to me.
I liked Epica for a while, but their lyrics make me want to break things. All that preachy naive crap makes me embarassed to be listening to it. Nightwish may have some really naive sounding lyrics, but they really add to the corny charm of the band. Also, Tuomas makes sure to bring the metal much more often than whatever monkeys write songs for this other bands. There are plenty of those great headbangable moments in every one of their great albums in between all of the pretty stuff.
Although I think all of the bands on that list besides Nightwish are mostly rubbish, I would have to recommend To-Mera and Matriarch as some good lady fronted metal.
Aesma Daeva I would say exists pretty close to the same plane of unreachably great lady front metal as Nightwish. Their new singer is out of this world amazing.
----
"The worst kind of death is getting eaten by someone you love."
20.11.2006 - 11:51
GANG METALSTORM
Nightwish is the first female vocal band I listened, I have good feeling with Soprano vocal but when coming to Tristania, the Soprano vocal combined with the sound of the vionlin, Tristania music scared me. Since then I prefer the voice that less "Soprano" then. I vote for The Gathering, the female vocal is very pure, clean and not too much soprano. Within Temptation has a voice similarly to The Gathering, but I vote for The Gathering because I listened to it more than.
20.11.2006 - 23:05
NotreNie
Account deleted
Theatre of Tragedy isn't good anymore, I heard they went farrrrr into the whole Pop Music thing.
Lacuna Coil is good, as for After Forever as well. I think the lead singer, Floor Jansen from After Forever (am I correct?) has amazing vocal ranges. The Gathering is, 'okay'. As well as the others. Eths and Otep should've been on the poll as well. :]]
22.11.2006 - 01:02
simonitro
Account deleted
I could have voted Nightwish but for the last few years. I'm really disappointed by them. I'm not blaming Tarja but I blame that bitch, Toumas. Thanks to him he made me hate Nightwish.

Reason One: Century Child is garabage and shit. Horriblr beyone horrible. The toilet being flushed sounds much greater than this piece of crap.

Reason Two: Once is an improvement from the Century Crap but lacks the beautiful and artistic guitar works and plus... why the fuck did he lose the operatic vocals on Tarja.

Fuck you Toumas, fuck you Nightwish!

Back to the topic, after I took my frustration out. I chose other because you guys didn't put either Forgotten Tales, Dark Moor, Cruachan, Edenbridge, Anima Solas, Arch Enemy and many others...

Edenbridge is my choice for best fronted female vocals!
23.11.2006 - 04:02
.EndotroniX
Account deleted
Written by Bararey on 17.11.2006 at 05:48

I really love Epica, but I was shocked on how low the voting was!
And another female fronted band is Magica, Ana's voice is amazing, and the music is good too,

I second that. Magica is probably my favorite overall band with female vocals, however I think Liv Kristine of Leaves Eyes has the best voice ever
24.11.2006 - 08:00
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
none of the above. Doro all the way! Its a crime that shes not on the list, shes the fucking metal queen for christ sakes.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
09.12.2006 - 12:40
AssassiNation
Account deleted
I voted for Lacuna Coil, because I had to get accustomed until I could listen to them. Some time ago this band was distinctive for me.
10.12.2006 - 16:44
Sunioj
I love synergy, lacuna coil etc. but I think Theatre of Tragedy takes the cake, but tristania was close.
13.12.2006 - 05:19
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Written by El Vikingo on 20.11.2006 at 05:57

I liked Epica for a while, but their lyrics make me want to break things. All that preachy naive crap makes me embarassed to be listening to it.

LOL really well put I agree 100%. Just one of my many complaints about this band, though....
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
15.12.2006 - 15:09
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
I like a lot of these female vocals... In the end I voted for Theatre Of Tragedy, and of course I mean Liv Kristine vocals, so also Leaves' Eyes! Her voice is the most beautiful and angelic voice I've ever heard, Technically perfect and sweet as honey... woow!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
19.12.2006 - 02:32
morbid_freak
Account deleted
Have to say Arch Enemy. Her voice is so great. How she growls, and lowers her voice really has effect of the instruments.
21.12.2006 - 02:58
Ultraraw
Account deleted
i like Nigthwish.Tarja Turunen is a wonderful female singer.The music is wonderful too.
21.12.2006 - 15:59
MeGaDeTh_fReAk
i like nightwish,epica and also arch enemy vocalist they have awsome voices especially tarja.................lacuna coils christina scabbia has a kool voice but not i dont like the band tht much
25.12.2006 - 12:19
?Bodomchild?
My choice goes to other...to me the best front female was Elisa C Martin (didnt know if she was mentioned) with Dark Moor from "Shadowland" to "The Gates of Oblivion" i like more her work with Dark Moor than Dreamaker also that Dark Moor era was the best with her and the other guys
----
asd
25.12.2006 - 12:52
Flame
Arch enemy is best female vocal band.
28.12.2006 - 01:33
Chazz
Account deleted
Voted - Other. Means - Warlock. The most original, because all the others (nightwish etc) sings in a high-pitched opera-style voice. Warlock on the other hand is a great heavy with normal female vocal and it's sounds great together

Also latvian band Rebel is great, but unfourtunately it's very underrated and unknown...
02.01.2007 - 13:11
MadSlayer
Account deleted
I think Doro Pesh has been more original and better, her vocal is great and matching with hard rock - heavy metal sound. Other female vocalist are good too but Doro is the best i think.
02.01.2007 - 16:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=6447] on 28.12.2006 at 01:33

Also latvian band Rebel is great, but unfourtunately it's very underrated and unknown...

Indeed man I agree about it Blues Rock whit female vocals and not calm and angelic voice and noy so growls how Angela Gassol, aRebel are amazing band one of my firts band what I start isten, damn I was to young when I saw them live
----

03.01.2007 - 12:49
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by MetalHead74 on 28.12.2006 at 00:44

Angela Gossow is the best hardcore singer I've ever heard.Totally AWESOME

Angela Doesn't Sing for a Hardcore band, Arch Enemy is a Gothenburg/Melodic Death Band.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.