Metal Storm logo
W.A.S.P

Original post

Posted by darkwithin, 17.05.2006 - 18:43
Ok, here's the new thread for the W.A.S.P. fans. I only recently discovered them, but they became one of my favorite bands rapidly. I have all of their albums but I'm still hooked up on the dubbel album The neon God. I like their hard pure rock songs, but they also have some really nice ballads like Hold On To My Heart.

What's your guys opinion on them?
17.04.2009 - 12:17
Valentin B
Iconoclast
*gets down on both knees and prays*

please come to the Kaliakra Rock Fest!!!
04.05.2009 - 19:03
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Holy shit my current favorite song by them(apart from Wild Child) is Rebel in the FDG, but it seems no-one knows it or has a tab for it... quite simply one of the best 80s metal anthems i've heard so far
04.05.2009 - 21:30
DayFly
I've tabbed it out, it's quite simple to play aside from the solo which is always demanding. The Headless album is definitely one of the best 80s records I know of and easily W.A.S.P.'s best from the era. Too bad it kind of gets overshadowed by their good but not great early records and the equally great (though not necessarily superior) Idol. It'll take some time for me to give it to you, however, I'm afraid I'm rather busy at the moment and the tab isn't digital.
16.10.2009 - 17:33
DayFly
Anybody listen to the new album yet? Or been to one of their shows? I can say I've had the pleasure of doing both. The new album is very solid in my opinion, I was thinking about reviewing it if nobody else beat me to it. As for the live-shows, they let all their video-recordings (if they are available) run in the background (and my god, Blackie Lawless had gotten old and, well, bigger) including a brand new clip for Babylon's Burning. The band themselves really play their asses off, Lawless putting commedable effort in hitting all the high notes and Blair spilling his heart out when he gets to take center stage during solos. I'd be interested in other opinion, so don't be shy
17.10.2009 - 11:17
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by DayFly on 16.10.2009 at 17:33

Anybody listen to the new album yet? Or been to one of their shows? I can say I've had the pleasure of doing both. The new album is very solid in my opinion, I was thinking about reviewing it if nobody else beat me to it. As for the live-shows, they let all their video-recordings (if they are available) run in the background (and my god, Blackie Lawless had gotten old and, well, bigger) including a brand new clip for Babylon's Burning. The band themselves really play their asses off, Lawless putting commedable effort in hitting all the high notes and Blair spilling his heart out when he gets to take center stage during solos. I'd be interested in other opinion, so don't be shy

Is it anything like Dominator? I thought Dominator sounded so tame and weak...it didn't have the power any previous albums did...wanna know how it compares...
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
17.10.2009 - 12:06
Znoy
Yes, W.A.S.P. Dominator is not good absolutely.
Saxon's Inner Sanctum is better. Red star falling is nice.
17.10.2009 - 12:35
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Znoy on 17.10.2009 at 12:06

What the hell does Saxon have to do with anything?
----
- George Carlin
17.10.2009 - 12:43
Znoy
Written by Doc G. on 17.10.2009 at 12:35

I think that Saxon is old guys. They are not able to do a BOMB. Do like Fabio Lione from RoF?
17.10.2009 - 13:03
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Znoy on 17.10.2009 at 12:43

I think that Saxon is old guys. They are not able to do a BOMB. Do like Fabio Lione from RoF?

I don't listen to Rhapsody...how are either Saxon or Rhapsody relevant to the topic at hand? Explanations would be nice, I believe Baz already gave you a warning about irrelevant posts...
----
- George Carlin
17.10.2009 - 13:21
Znoy
Written by Doc G. on 17.10.2009 at 13:03

Written by Znoy on 17.10.2009 at 12:43

I don't listen to Rhapsody...how are either Saxon or Rhapsody relevant to the topic at hand? Explanations would be nice, I believe Baz already gave you a warning about irrelevant posts...

Ok. I agree. As for WASP i think that the vocals is not a masterpiece.
17.10.2009 - 14:10
DayFly
Written by Doc G. on 17.10.2009 at 11:17

Is it anything like Dominator? I thought Dominator sounded so tame and weak...it didn't have the power any previous albums did...wanna know how it compares...

Ignore him. Babylon is certainly more Dominator than Last Command (or pretty much any other W.A.S.P. record) which I personally am grateful for. So that probably doesn't bode too well for you, does it? The record has more of a classy rock feel than the reckless metal of the 80s, without being dumbed down as on Helldorado. I'm sorry, it's not too easy to describe in a few words. If you consider that the two covers by Deep Purple and Chuck Berry fit into the album nicely you probably should be able to determine if Babylon is the record for you. Crazy sounds a lot like Wild Child though.
17.10.2009 - 16:15
Lord_Regnier
I have never been a big W.A.S.P fan but I like the first album and "The Crimson Idol".
Especially "The Crimson Idol". I think it's by far the best thing W.A.S.P ever pulled out.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
17.10.2009 - 16:21
Baz Anderson
Staff
I'm not overly familiar with W.A.S.P. in general, but I think if I did take the time to get to know the albums well - they'd probably be one of my all-time favourites. I just love Blackie's style.
17.10.2009 - 17:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 17.10.2009 at 16:21

I'm not overly familiar with W.A.S.P. in general, but I think if I did take the time to get to know the albums well - they'd probably be one of my all-time favourites. I just love Blackie's style.

Totaly agree I have heard all downloaded albums + own 3, but whne I hear ewery album every song I wanna put to re play all disco g all album, maybe in afterlife, simply I cant get enough from WASP when listen it , its like oxigen when you diveing, you need it but its limited
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.10.2009 - 23:53
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
I live to die, die another day another palce another time gah gah gah gah gah gah, nice album nice song
18.10.2009 - 02:56
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Agree that new album is bloody solid. it should make it to the awards
----
loves 小巫
18.10.2009 - 05:50
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
I have the last command in my cd player in my car.
19.10.2009 - 08:25
renai
Like the Crimson idol, one of my favorite in the 90s.
----
hey...my blog >>> http://metalharem.blogspot.com/
20.10.2009 - 01:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ag Fox on 18.10.2009 at 02:56

show me a bad wasp album each album is like previusly this is one of bands who hanst change and realise werry good albums no metter of age and situation on metal :respect:
----

20.10.2009 - 01:48
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Bad English on 20.10.2009 at 01:33

show me a bad wasp album each album is like previusly this is one of bands who hanst change and realise werry good albums no metter of age and situation on metal :respect:

Dominator was weak dude...Blackie didn't do any of his signature screams in that one, the whole thing was so condensed and lacked any bite.
----
- George Carlin
20.10.2009 - 17:13
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Im agree with k7 WASP are always in a normal line you cant find very bad albums by them. and for sure not a masterpiece like Crimson Idol never, but in each album there is song which have exact the same atmosphere as Crimson Idol and in the last album its "I live to die" and in "Dominator" it was "Heaven's Hung In Black".

to be honest "Dominator" one of the best WASP albums for me!!!
20.10.2009 - 18:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Doc G. on 20.10.2009 at 01:48

Written by Bad English on 20.10.2009 at 01:33

Dominator was weak dude...Blackie didn't do any of his signature screams in that one, the whole thing was so condensed and lacked any bite.

There 2 bandsd about what I dont worry WASP and Iron Maiden, others can badly suprise and I cant say was thet week or good, I need hear it to judge, I herad it long ago and then it was good
----

25.10.2009 - 01:03
heresiarch
Forever Dead
WASP was outstanding tonight in Helsinki , it was absolutely bone chilling
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
25.10.2009 - 11:50
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by heresiarch on 25.10.2009 at 01:03

WASP was outstanding tonight in Helsinki , it was absolutely bone chilling

what was tracklist plz tell me! maybe Ill be in a concert of them in İstanbul but its hard for me to be on it, maybe tracklist would give me a ultura energy to be there!
02.12.2009 - 15:59
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Listening right now to The Crimson Idol, it's a pretty good album from what i've heard so far, only a bit too many acoustic bits and that synth guitar kinda pisses me off. oh yeah and the vocals are really good, too bad they're badly mixed(on the acoustic bits at least), the guitars are way too loud imo.

edit: finished listening, great album, though i wouldn't say one of the best of all time.
08.12.2009 - 22:46
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Listened to their 2009 release the other day. My first experience with the band and I'm quite impressed. I liked it and if their previous works are of same quality I might have to listen to some more of their stuff
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
09.12.2009 - 01:51
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by GT on 08.12.2009 at 22:46

Listened to their 2009 release the other day. My first experience with the band and I'm quite impressed. I liked it and if their previous works are of same quality I might have to listen to some more of their stuff

Some of their previous releases are of the same quality...they're one of those hit or miss bands, either the album is amazing or it's absolute crap, they rarely release just an "ok" album. My personal favourite is The Last Command, I highly recommend that one.
----
- George Carlin
09.12.2009 - 10:40
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by GT on 08.12.2009 at 22:46

if you enjoy putting a lot of attention in listening to an album i highly recommend The Crimson Idol. it's a story about a boy growing up to be a rock star but then finds out it's not for him. it's artsy but still pretty aggressive.
09.04.2010 - 12:04
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Fuck me their first 5 albums are RIDICULOUSLY good... i hate Blackie for not playing The Big Welcome/Inside the Electric Circus as the concert intro. that man is a fucking genius and the guy playing the solo's on each album is good too.
09.04.2010 - 21:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valentin B on 09.04.2010 at 12:04

Fuck me their first 5 albums are RIDICULOUSLY good... i hate Blackie for not playing The Big Welcome/Inside the Electric Circus as the concert intro. that man is a fucking genius and the guy playing the solo's on each album is good too.

like I sad there is no bad WASP album and no band who can be WASP
----