Metal Storm logo
More metal guys than girls?

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 04.08.2007 - 20:28
it just came to me right now, why are there more male metal fans than female?

the only logical explanation i can give is that girls are softer and prefer lighter music in general...
21.04.2008 - 16:46
MetalChick_91
Account deleted
what the fuck girls are soft becuase they like to listen to slow stuff? thats not called being soft lol i listen to metal and listen to slow stuff with my boyfriend when we have a glass of wine how is that called being soft lmao? its called being romantic!!
21.04.2008 - 16:47
MetalChick_91
Account deleted
thats also steriotyping lol just thought id get my last bit in lol
21.04.2008 - 17:15
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
Written by Berfones on 21.04.2008 at 16:27

Written by ArtiA on 21.04.2008 at 15:52

Written by Berfones on 21.04.2008 at 12:16

Written by ArtiA on 20.04.2008 at 16:42

I'm one of the people that don't agree with girl becuz I think they can't be singer or can't believe with every song and they are agree with rind of metal u know , but I know some girls can be metaller

I agree that there is a difference between guy and girl metal vocalists, the basic voice is different, but as metal fans there are all the same, you don't need to have a good growlingscreamingsinging voice in order to bang your head do you? and this is the only difference, the voice

I must say one thin , I don't any agreement with " some " metaller girl .as Isaid they aren't be good metaller I know , u feel it and seeitinevery cases , and about vocalist , that is my opinion: I can't patience with that but I must say I like clear or dark vocalist , I don't worry with this

For clean vocals there are lots of lead female vocalists, if it fits the genre, like Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation and many many more, but in black and death metal there are much less because their voice does not fit in the music all the time, but there are some guest female vocalists, like in Behemoth's Grom where a woman sings clean vocals, and as I said in my first post here, if there are less female members and fans in the metal world it is only due to the circumstanses

I really agree with u , but as I said that is my opinion and my Interest in metal music , all of your posts are general and public in every band , for example I don't like Nightwish
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
21.04.2008 - 17:26
Berfones
Written by ArtiA on 21.04.2008 at 17:15

I'm one of the people that don't agree with girl becuz I think they can't be singer or can't believe with every song and they are agree with rind of metal u know , but I know some girls can be metaller

I agree that there is a difference between guy and girl metal vocalists, the basic voice is different, but as metal fans there are all the same, you don't need to have a good growlingscreamingsinging voice in order to bang your head do you? and this is the only difference, the voice

I must say one thin , I don't any agreement with " some " metaller girl .as Isaid they aren't be good metaller I know , u feel it and seeitinevery cases , and about vocalist , that is my opinion: I can't patience with that but I must say I like clear or dark vocalist , I don't worry with this

For clean vocals there are lots of lead female vocalists, if it fits the genre, like Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation and many many more, but in black and death metal there are much less because their voice does not fit in the music all the time, but there are some guest female vocalists, like in Behemoth's Grom where a woman sings clean vocals, and as I said in my first post here, if there are less female members and fans in the metal world it is only due to the circumstanses

I really agree with u , but as I said that is my opinion and my Interest in metal music , all of your posts are general and public in every band , for example I don't like Nightwish

Everyone and his own opinion right?
----
Thine truly,ancient evil overlord
21.04.2008 - 17:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=32179] on 21.04.2008 at 16:46

what the fuck girls are soft becuase they like to listen to slow stuff? thats not called being soft lol i listen to metal and listen to slow stuff with my boyfriend when we have a glass of wine how is that called being soft lmao? its called being romantic!!

Im guy and I love slow staff and wine, to Im doomster so dont see big diference and probleme there
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.04.2008 - 18:50
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
Written by Berfones on 21.04.2008 at 17:26

Everyone and his own opinion right?

I know what u mean !!! but these location in this site for show our opinion man . I know maybe not true , tanx to u for this discussion and steerage
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
21.04.2008 - 20:54
Berfones
Written by ArtiA on 21.04.2008 at 18:50

Written by Berfones on 21.04.2008 at 17:26

I know what u mean !!! but these location in this site for show our opinion man . I know maybe not true , tanx to u for this discussion and steerage

OK, I'm glad we understand each other
----
Thine truly,ancient evil overlord
21.04.2008 - 21:42
-Soulreaper-
I know a few girls who are into extreme metal...my wife being one of them. She really likes Burzum, Death, Opeth, Candlemass, Amon Amarth, Unleashed and others. Although metal in general is more oriented around men instead of women being that it is really aggresive and women for the most part arent aggresive.
24.04.2008 - 02:45
Haightredy
I find that when a chick is into metal, they're usually even more extreme than the guys a lot of the time. It was a chick who got me into Job For A Cowboy, and Opeth. And it was also a chick who showed me Bleeding Through... and Arise and Ruin.
25.04.2008 - 19:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by -Soulreaper- on 21.04.2008 at 21:42

I know a few girls who are into extreme metal...my wife being one of them. She really likes Burzum, Death, Opeth, Candlemass, Amon Amarth, Unleashed and others. Although metal in general is more oriented around men instead of women being that it is really aggresive and women for the most part arent aggresive.

since when Candlemass are extreme metal?
----

25.04.2008 - 19:59
-Soulreaper-
Written by Bad English on 25.04.2008 at 19:35

Well you got what my point was didn't you?
25.04.2008 - 20:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by -Soulreaper- on 25.04.2008 at 19:59

Written by Bad English on 25.04.2008 at 19:35

Well you got what my point was didn't you?

Yes I did
----

27.04.2008 - 20:56
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Actually alot of girls here listen extreme metal
28.04.2008 - 01:55
Thrashette
Where I live, almost all the girls who claim to be into metal only listen to nu metal, metalcore, or very very melodic stuff. It seems like girls feel more pressure to conform... then there's different gender stereotypes/expectations and ways that they're raised as well.
Now that I think of it, I don't know many guys (in person) who are metalheads, but I've definitely met more metal guys than metal girls. I've also noticed that people think it's a much bigger deal if a girl says she likes metal than if a guy says it. I've actually had some people (especially guys who don't like metal) stop talking to me when I told them what kind of music I like (not a big loss lol). It's also worked the other way around. Some metalheads are nicer to me when they know what I listen to
29.04.2008 - 19:12
MetalMiker
Account deleted
I tend to see a lot more girls at local gigs nowadays... there's still more guys, but I'd say it's about a 3 to 1 ratio at the moment, which is great. It's good to see more girls getting into the music and the scene, unfortunately I haven't met any girls that are into metal personally myself. I tend to find most girls at gigs come with their boyfriends.

Also, I just wanted to say... (and I'm not trying to offend or be sexist to any girls on here) I would not want any girls to be into extreme metal. It's just weird. You can talk about sexism and feminism all you like, but look... I want my girls to be girls. I don't want them listening to songs about rape, vomit, mutilation and whatever else dwells in the dark recesses of a person's mind.

But then again... neither do I!
29.05.2008 - 07:52
kiwibaby
Account deleted
There always has, and always will be more males into metal than females.
I think it's might be because metal is more aggressive sounding, which appeals to males mostly.
But I know quite a few ass-kicking babes who love metal (me being one of them, of course)
29.05.2008 - 08:28
Freezer
Here in Italy, metal is almost only a "male" thing, but it is spreading to a lot of girls (a process of the last decade). I hope it will become common for everybody to listen to it
----
We fly through this godless endeavor, we try to explain the black forever
29.05.2008 - 14:18
JorZine
Account deleted
.. and here is a middle eastern metal girl

I have to agree with you most of posts over here, metal in its nature is aggressive & full of rage.. mostly girls tend to listen to emotional music becuz they r born emotional.. I have always got the "what the hell" look when ppl know I am into metal, even into extreme like thrash and death .. still, I have my feminine life..i don't have to be all harsh to be into metal!
29.05.2008 - 14:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=32917] on 29.05.2008 at 14:18

I have to agree with you most of posts over here, metal in its nature is aggressive & full of rage.. mostly girls tend to listen to emotional music becuz they r born emotional.. I have always got the "what the hell" look when ppl know I am into metal, even into extreme like thrash and death .. still, I have my feminine life..i don't have to be all harsh to be into metal!

I agree but there soft and emeotional side of metal too, like DOOM. gothic, ambient and melo black whit celan vocvals, and Mediterania are 'newcomers' in metal map, becaus etraditional countrie slike Sweden, Finland, Norway, France, Germany, UK, USA/Canada are pioniers now those thinks what was ther ein 80ties come into other countries around world
----

29.05.2008 - 15:06
JorZine
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 29.05.2008 at 14:47

I agree but there soft and emeotional side of metal too, like DOOM. gothic, ambient and melo black whit celan vocvals, and Mediterania are 'newcomers' in metal map, becaus etraditional countrie slike Sweden, Finland, Norway, France, Germany, UK, USA/Canada are pioniers now those thinks what was ther ein 80ties come into other countries around world

true.. but still it is darker than other genres of music ..

well, speaking about non-metal girls i know and they gave a try to metal .. their comments were like.. that is too extreme, noisy, the music is good but the vocal is annoying, this atmosphere is creepy, the lyrics is too sad or depressive ...etc
29.05.2008 - 15:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=32917] on 29.05.2008 at 15:06

Written by Bad English on 29.05.2008 at 14:47

true.. but still it is darker than other genres of music ..

well, speaking about non-metal girls i know and they gave a try to metal .. their comments were like.. that is too extreme, noisy, the music is good but the vocal is annoying, this atmosphere is creepy, the lyrics is too sad or depressive ...etc

but life are dark to, metal isnt darkest think in world
Same would say non metal boys to
----

29.05.2008 - 16:24
Vunts
I think the girl vocalist in this metal band is full of emotional
29.05.2008 - 18:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Vunts on 29.05.2008 at 16:24

Isnt this vocalist member of MS because I know band and I remeber I sw it in MS
----

29.05.2008 - 18:13
TheBigRossowski
I don't know for sure on that one. I've seen plenty of metal chicks at shows! However, most of the time there just someone's girlfriend. I think it's not too important which gender attends metal more anyways. Love the wife to death, but there are some..eh, "beautiful" women in the crowds too! Borat would say "Very nice!"
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
29.05.2008 - 19:40
Vunts
Written by Bad English on 29.05.2008 at 18:07

No idea. I found the band from some random person, who was not in the band.
29.05.2008 - 20:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Vunts on 29.05.2008 at 19:40

Written by Bad English on 29.05.2008 at 18:07

No idea. I found the band from some random person, who was not in the band.

Dont know where in membe rgalery, forums, pM, but I had talk whit vocalist, IMO it was in fremale metal connected tread
----

30.05.2008 - 21:01
Dagorwen
Well, as girls are often educated in a culture that want them to be soft, gentle, passive etc... they are fewer among metalheads, i think it's no kind of "female nature" but only education and civilization that give them a role to play since birth.

When I'm growling, my mum always says "don't do that, don't you want to be a girl anymore? why are you denying your female nature? there's no point in imitating the boys" what singularly piss me off. At least, it's a progress since the first times and the hysterical "stop it! you seem to be possessed!"
30.05.2008 - 21:34
Gordon Freeman
So I suppose the real question is...

...do we as metal guys grow our hair so long to make up for the gender deficiency?
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
02.06.2008 - 13:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Gordon Freeman on 30.05.2008 at 21:34

...do we as metal guys grow our hair so long to make up for the gender deficiency?

I do, I had hair and well people can see that Im metalhead, but I dont care I like hair
----

02.06.2008 - 13:47
Dagorwen
Written by Gordon Freeman on 30.05.2008 at 21:34

excellent!!! it's perhaps the reason for the bm panda paintface too... their girlfriends where quite bad teachers though...