Metal Storm logo
Listening to metal while having sex?

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 02.02.2008 - 17:04
Lately I've send the song Overlord by "Liers In Wait" to a friend of mine over msn, and she said that this is the music she wants to listen to while having sex. She's no metalhead and I doubt that she ever heard of death metal in her life, but anyway, after hearing that statement I thaught, why the hell didn't I ever think of this ?! Probably because I never had a girlfriend who truly was into metal like me, but anyway, now I'm curious if some people out here listen to metal while having sex, and if so, what songs do you prefer?
13.02.2008 - 18:44
Pole Kitten
Account deleted
look... alright. i'll volunteer to have sex to EVERY genre of metal and report back. Really... no... it's fine... i'll be ok... i will make the sacrifice. when does this need to be done by, next week? best get going then! any volunteers in my quest?? hahaha

*points out she is joking with the volunteering part*
13.02.2008 - 18:50
b0000mst1ck
Written by [user id=27451] on 13.02.2008 at 18:44

look... alright. i'll volunteer to have sex to EVERY genre of metal and report back. Really... no... it's fine... i'll be ok... i will make the sacrifice. when does this need to be done by, next week? best get going then! any volunteers in my quest?? hahaha

we expect a full report on your findings. any video taken will be counted as extra credit toward your grade.
14.02.2008 - 06:13
Varegan
Hamranakara

HAILS!!!!the most glorious girl on ms I just hope you survive!
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)

14.02.2008 - 18:17
velvet
I think people can agree that sex to a My Dying Bride album is only ever surpassed by 'Angels Of Distress' by Shape of Despair
15.02.2008 - 15:52
Sleep In Sorrow
Ghost Of The Sun
Written by eyesofwitch on 12.02.2008 at 23:15

Nice definitions
I'll try whith the Thrash Metal sex and Black Metal sex but personally I prefer the Progressive Metal sex

What about Dream Theater's Erotomania for a Progressive Sex song?

You'd have to have a real broad taste in metal to be able to do it to every style!
Also, you'd need a notebook to write down the different effects after. xD

Hey, I thought up some more definitions.
*Stoner Metal Sex: laid back sex while high on dope.
*Sludge Metal Sex: angry, drunken sex when everyone involved haven't bathed in a while. It's also slow but prone to sudden bursts of speed.
*White Metal Sex: sex while screaming "Oh, my God! Oh, my God!"
*Grindcore sex: very violent sex, but, as K7 said, ends after 30 seconds.
*Nu Metal sex: masturbation. I mean look at Korn with stuff like "All Day I Dream About Sex".
----
"It's not funny, my ass is on fire..."
15.02.2008 - 18:09
Arya
Account deleted

lol lucky you!!!

My last boyfriend was a punk... You guys know what this means... It wasn't cool listening to Misfits...What agony!
I think it was for this reason that i quitted with him. Seriously.
15.02.2008 - 18:23
Arya
Account deleted
You can try with ballads, they always have success ^^
15.02.2008 - 19:33
TLZ
Account deleted
In general societies view that sex is something of a world that is completelty different from the rest(including ethics) is quite stupid if you ask me. Same goes for music. Just like in life elsewhere one can complement sex with mostly any music, now what result in mood and not least "style" of sex is of course another matter.

Now, I would say that a lot of metal fits sex very well. This is simply because metal is a very very passionate genre. It's not half-hearted, it's intense, it's real. Metal can also be very romantic, espescially musical wise. (I mean, a lot of metal takes direct influence from the romantic era of art and music.)

Personally I for the most part prefer atmospheric music as it complements the romantic mood. (Call me conservative but I'm mongamous so no one-night stands for me, thus sex is always thightly connected to romance for me.) I find bands such as Opeth and Tool. It's simply passionate and intense. I know from experience that these bands complement the mood very well, but I wouldn't be suprise if other stuff suits fine as well.

Supose you want to try out some agressive bed-time, I'm betting thrash-metal such as Susperia would be prefect. Or what if you're in a dirty mood, the the allready mentioned NIN - Closer and A Perfect Circle - Thinking About You would be perfect. Going outside the metal-genre I bet droners <b>Slomo</b> would be perfect for tantric sex. I guess also this as many other things in life is affected largeley by individual taste. Too bad this is in the metal-only area, there a good deal of non-metal that fits the mood as well. But in general: anything romantic and passionate is good.

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 05.02.2008 at 00:01

How about Pelican or Jesu, or Tool?

The first two give a pretty cool athmosphere for a romantic noght... or evening or afternoon or whatever , slow, very long songs, very athmospheric...

And Tool suits fine everytime.

Magnificant choice! I consider H. by Tool to be a romance-song anyway, I mean.. look at the lyrics.
"My blood before me begs me
Open up my heart again.

And I feel this coming over like a storm again.

I am too connected to you to
Slip away, to fade away.
Days away I still feel you
Touching me, changing me,
And considerately killing me."

Written by VPeter on 08.02.2008 at 00:20

I personaly would hate any kind of music during sex, I like to focus all mine atention on mine partner.

Do you think it is wrong to lit candles for mood in the same situation and that would steal focus as well? It's basicly the same thing, having something to complement the atmosphere(and possibly be a praise of her, why do we give our loved ones roses?).

Written by Sleep In Sorrow on 09.02.2008 at 04:39
Progressive Metal sex: very long sex with varying rhythms and time signatures

This reminds me of a funny joke I read on a norwegian metal forum where people where discussing the same subject and the following came up:
"Spiral Architect, for technical sex with frequent hole changes."

Written by Ernis on 08.02.2008 at 18:52
Emo for? No wait....emos have sex???!!!

My impression is that they'd have sex with prettymuch anything with a pulse. (We're talking way way beyond bi here. Sorry if I offend... no I'm not sorry. And of course I'm talking about mainstream whiny-emo, the real kind doesen't seem to exist at all anymore anyway.)
16.02.2008 - 14:43
velvet
Ok - got to ask if anyone else has tried the new Ayreon album.

Sadly the whole double album proved beyond my endurance, so only tried the first disc so far (/sob). My, ahem, highlight certainly arrived in 'Ride the Comet', and the lyrics blaring out certainly amused
20.02.2008 - 06:31
Cock_Spit
Account deleted
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 07.02.2008 at 20:40

Fast like what? Fast liek DragonForce, or fast like Cattle Decapitation?

Hahah Waaaay later.... I forgot. -blush- Well like Cattle Decapitation I guess.

One other thing. Has ta be with growly vocals. Grrr!! Raunchy.

Sodomy and Lust. Haha. No I dont listen to Cof while fcking.

By the way... those comparisons are hilarious. almost burst my guts out from laffing.
20.02.2008 - 20:22
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by [user id=20800] on 20.02.2008 at 06:31

By the way... those comparisons are hilarious. almost burst my guts out from laffing.

I see... Growl... It seems that many girls here like growl while having sex.
As for CAttle Decapityation, I barely tried kissing someone... But spite I like alot teh band, it just didin't fit.
Haha sodomy and lust. Actually thete's a Dimmu Borgir song, "The Night Masquerade"

Haha thanks. Well, you said fast, and those are the fastest bands among the ones I like.
Although wioth DragonForce sex would be like 300 Km/h but it would have to last too much.
While with CD it's very fast but ends quickly
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
21.02.2008 - 01:01
Cock_Spit
Account deleted
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 20.02.2008 at 20:22

Written by [user id=20800] on 20.02.2008 at 06:31

I see... Growl... It seems that many girls here like growl while having sex.
As for CAttle Decapityation, I barely tried kissing someone... But spite I like alot teh band, it just didin't fit.
Haha sodomy and lust. Actually thete's a Dimmu Borgir song, "The Night Masquerade"

Haha thanks. Well, you said fast, and those are the fastest bands among the ones I like.
Although wioth DragonForce sex would be like 300 Km/h but it would have to last too much.
While with CD it's very fast but ends quickly

I thought it was a cover originally by Sodom?
Yeh, Dragonforce would be like... bunny sex. Too fast.

I was referring to those comparisons with genres of metal being a certain kind of sex. or w/e
I was reading the previous pages.

What annoys me is when Billy Talent comes up on my computer while doing the deed. 'Cause, of course, I use the comp also as a stereo. and its usually on shuffle.
He, the dude Im seeing, isn't into metal... but I'm slowly pulling him towards the "dark" side of music.

For the record... I wasnt the one who put Billy Talent in the comp. O_O
21.02.2008 - 01:18
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by velvet on 16.02.2008 at 14:43

Ok - got to ask if anyone else has tried the new Ayreon album.

Sadly the whole double album proved beyond my endurance, so only tried the first disc so far (/sob). My, ahem, highlight certainly arrived in 'Ride the Comet', and the lyrics blaring out certainly amused

Haha my girlfriend is obsessed with that album, so it is always on. I don't know how I would feel about having sex to it though, I wouldn't want her thinking about Jorn Lande instead of me...

And "Ride The Comet" would just put me out of the mood imagining that woman with the really deep voice and yellow teeth singing...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CafyFIDe_ak gross....
23.02.2008 - 23:36
ScabbeD'~

I personaly would hate any kind of music during sex, I like to focus all mine atention on mine partner.

Finally Some one Said the truth!
24.02.2008 - 00:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ScabbeD'~ on 23.02.2008 at 23:36

Hmmm I agree about it but also if partner likes music it dont be bad think too, because new thinsk always are good in sex and it can be like somethinga wsome metal weyle you have sex
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.02.2008 - 04:20
VPeter
if I would choose music to have sex on it will most defently will not be metal, I would choose something like ambient/new age. It will suprise you how much effect ambient and new age have on you.
24.02.2008 - 04:41
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by VPeter on 24.02.2008 at 04:20

if I would choose music to have sex on it will most defently will not be metal, I would choose something like ambient/new age. It will suprise you how much effect ambient and new age have on you.

I agree, ambient and new age work well for sex. I recommend Baka Beyond, Buckethead's Colma and Electric Tears, Cusco, Enigma, Jean Michel Jarre, Peter Gabriel's Passion:Soundtrack, Tangerine Dream, or Vangelis. Aphex Twin also has some great Ambient works, and Dead Can Dance's Within The Realm Of A Dying Sun is nice.
24.02.2008 - 21:20
ScabbeD'~
Written by Bad English on 24.02.2008 at 00:28

Written by ScabbeD'~ on 23.02.2008 at 23:36

Hmmm I agree about it but also if partner likes music it dont be bad think too, because new thinsk always are good in sex and it can be like somethinga wsome metal weyle you have sex

its a Horse of a different color,Surely I'd rather to do s.th completely or throughly!!!
27.02.2008 - 03:12
NOИ
I did it two times, the first with Deicide - Legion album and the second with Cradle of Filth - Nymphetamine. it's just stupid you know, you can't focus, lol.
01.03.2008 - 04:16
Vitokogvy

Yeah why wont we do it by listening to "she-wolf"? and well i have done it listening to heavy metal and it is fucking yeah!
----
Victor!! i will live until u die!
http://bloodyashes.blogspot.com
http://www.heavymetal.com.pe
02.03.2008 - 22:42
Coté
Well, I never thought there would be a topic about this subject.

I have had sex while I listen to metal since i met my got together with my present boyfriend (28/09/07). We used to listen to my winamp list which has so long more than 1000 songs. Dimmu borgir, Opeth, Iron Maiden, Anathema, Vintersorg, Virgin Black, Theatre Of Tragedy and many others.
Now because of some dificulties we can't listen to that list...the computer isnow in the livingroom T.T

Anyway, I put my cellphone on and that solved the problem. I have more or less 90 songs in it ^^
I have to say that's listening to metal can be really relaxing, you all should try it.
----
::...Am I awake? Am I asleep? I am only sure of one thing. I am a monster ...::
17.03.2008 - 13:24
strayreverie
Account deleted
In the interests of spoiling a funny topic with a serious answer, I would really love to slow the pace down and try "Words Mean Nothing" by Evergrey one day (big surprise if you read my profile). I have very high hopes for this one should probably keep it for my wedding night!
06.04.2008 - 20:32
IronBlackZepp
No, just no
06.04.2008 - 22:51
Diminished2b
Account deleted
Grind works
06.04.2008 - 23:57
Warman
Erotic Stains
I read an interview in Swedish Close-Up Magazine with Mikael Åkerfeldt from Opeth. He listened to Metal once while having sex with his girlfriend, and suddenly he just had to play air drums at one track during the... act, he couldn't resist it. The girl dumped him.
----
07.04.2008 - 00:18
doomina
Account deleted
well, hm... metal while having sex.
i prefer postrock stuff, it creates a wonderful athmosphere. stuff like mogwai, EITS, this will destroy you, mono, your ten mofo for example.
i can't think of having sex while listening songs like "i want to fuck you with a knive".
although it's funny somehow ... no, i wouldn't do ...
08.04.2008 - 09:27
LoverOfDarkness3
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 03.02.2008 at 03:01

I prefer Deftones. At times they can be really slow and romantic, and at others they're very aggressive and angry. More importantly, they're spontaneous.

LOL that gives me an idea for a sex game! Listen to something like Benighted or old Megadeth and change sex positions with every hook in each song. That would be a good workout.

I totally agree. Having sex to Change and My Own Summer is fucking amazing!
Chino's voice is so sensual.
08.04.2008 - 14:03
owl
Quote:
Listening to metal while having sex?

Well, why not? I've never been turned on by the standard "getting laid" songs anyway...
----
08.04.2008 - 14:09
Nox Lux
codebreaker
Face of Melinda will get your partner in the mood for Opeth. Next thing you know you'll be swinging from chandeliers while Deliverance plays in no time

Caution: Exaggeration may be prevalent.
----
][{ ]|/ ][_ "][" -- ][3) ][_ /=|[ [( ][{ -- ][][][ |E[ "][" ]|= ][_

"Thoughts fall in season with the right stand, rake the land
This Autumn's early leafshed a recompense for Summer's wane."
~ Nox Lux
15.04.2008 - 19:43
HugeTheConqeror
If you need something metal to help you get in the mood, check out Slayer's web site for the latest in metal lingerie.
http://stores.musictoday.com/store/product.asp?band_id=872&dept_id=7664&pf_id=BGS304COMBO&sfid=2
----
Pardon me while I wreak my vengeance.