Metal Storm logo
Your favourite season?

Original post

Posted by Stalker, 22.03.2007 - 23:52
Being that I'm big admirer of nature, it came across my mind that it would be nice to know what do you people think about certain parts of year, and which is your favourite. Especially because we all live in different parts of world, and things look different in different places, so to say. You get the idea.

Concerning me, I like better "transient" seasons, autumn and spring, that are between two extremes - winter and summer. I like more those hints of changes that are coming to be, than that change itself. And between spring and autumn, I choose autumn, because spring is too lively and colorfull for me, all aroun bee's buzzing, butterflies flying, tons of flowers and noise everywhere...
Although its for some poeple too depresive and boring, I like autumn because its more quiet and peacefull, I like watching and listening rain, or sitting in forest in absolute silence, when you cant hear anything except falling of the leaves... its one of the most beautifull things for me....

So, which do you like (or dislike), please explain why??

Poll

Which is your favourite part of the year??

Winter
Summer
Autumn
Spring

Total votes: 174
21.04.2007 - 18:57
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by GANG METALSTORM on 21.04.2007 at 16:14

@Aronax, Milto, Orcale: me too. I dont like summer. I fear of snakes, most horror kind of animal to me. I dont know if I dare to live in where there are snakes around. But I guess snakes exist there becuase no one hunt it. Different to the Orient, ppl in India worship it, and in my city ppl eat it, .

Winter has special thing that is wolves. They are great, though I dont know if they bite/attack/eat us when walking in forest

You surely have very dangerous snakes? Our snakes, at least here where I live are not too dangerous, but I still hate them, I have phobia... The only thing i am really afraid.. From snakes we have this and they are active when it is hot, only in summer and sometimes in autumn

We have wolfs too, but I never go so deep in the forest, and they very rarely come down to the village. For 19 years I live here we have only one or two experiences like that, when they were real hungry. They will attack people, but there are different types of wolfs and we have small wolfs that aren't so agressive like wolfs in southern Serbia. I heard that once some wolf came to the village and atacked some man, he almost killed him but passengers came to help that poor man, and they kiilled that wolf. If they are hungry they will attack everything they find, and humans too. I don't know what types of wolfs you have there, we have this, and because I live in a mountain village sometimes we hunt them because they are threat for sheeps (like in cartoon lol). I don't know much about this, this is what I read on wykipedia and it doesn't have to be truth, to be honest I never saw any of them, maybe Ed Hunter could help, if he know something
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
21.04.2007 - 21:13
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Oracle on 21.04.2007 at 02:05

I dont like summers because of snakes. they are everywhere where i live and we have to be very careful where we walk because they could be anywhere we walk. we have the most venomous snakes in the world i think. but im not sure. we always see snakes on the road and sometimes we see them in the chook pen or where my dog sleeps. im so scared that my dog will get bitten because he always tries to kill them.

What about the funnel spiders?
22.04.2007 - 00:37
Oracle
Orcinus
Written by Ernis on 21.04.2007 at 21:13

Written by Oracle on 21.04.2007 at 02:05

I dont like summers because of snakes. they are everywhere where i live and we have to be very careful where we walk because they could be anywhere we walk. we have the most venomous snakes in the world i think. but im not sure. we always see snakes on the road and sometimes we see them in the chook pen or where my dog sleeps. im so scared that my dog will get bitten because he always tries to kill them.

What about the funnel spiders?

Yes Funnel Web spiders are out in summer too. oh and so are scorpions. gotta be careful with them when you walk outside. never go outside at night with bare feet.
22.04.2007 - 02:29
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by APOHAKC on 21.04.2007 at 18:57

@Aronax, Milto, Orcale: me too. I dont like summer. I fear of snakes, most horror kind of animal to me. I dont know if I dare to live in where there are snakes around. But I guess snakes exist there becuase no one hunt it. Different to the Orient, ppl in India worship it, and in my city ppl eat it, .

Winter has special thing that is wolves. They are great, though I dont know if they bite/attack/eat us when walking in forest

We have wolfs too, but I never go so deep in the forest, and they very rarely come down to the village. For 19 years I live here we have only one or two experiences like that, when they were real hungry. They will attack people, but there are different types of wolfs and we have small wolfs that aren't so agressive like wolfs in southern Serbia. I heard that once some wolf came to the village and atacked some man, he almost killed him but passengers came to help that poor man, and they kiilled that wolf. If they are hungry they will attack everything they find, and humans too. I don't know what types of wolfs you have there, we have this, and because I live in a mountain village sometimes we hunt them because they are threat for sheeps (like in cartoon lol). I don't know much about this, this is what I read on wykipedia and it doesn't have to be truth, to be honest I never saw any of them, maybe Ed Hunter could help, if he know something

HAHAH, well maybe someone could create topic about snakes, and stuff... kidding. This is little of topic, but I think that creator of this topic wouldn't mind

@Aronax - well concerning wolves, I doubt you have them in Srem, atleast not around Kamenica. But those animals are JACKALS (shakal in serbian). They are dog/wolf like animals, but smaller, and they have some differences, but you werent so wrong. But last year real wolf was killed somewhere in Srem, but they say he wandered from Bosnia... well he traveled a lot, man...
Besides that I'm Ed Hunter on MS, Im also hunter in real life.

And for the snakes, in Vojvodina on this side of Danube, we dont have poisonous snake, ours just smell bad. LOL But on youes side of the river Aronax its little different.
----
22.04.2007 - 07:00
Oracle
Orcinus
Written by Stalker on 22.04.2007 at 02:29

HAHAH, well maybe someone could create topic about snakes, and stuff... kidding. This is little of topic, but I think that creator of this topic wouldn't mind

@Aronax - well concerning wolves, I doubt you have them in Srem, atleast not around Kamenica. But those animals are JACKALS (shakal in serbian). They are dog/wolf like animals, but smaller, and they have some differences, but you werent so wrong. But last year real wolf was killed somewhere in Srem, but they say he wandered from Bosnia... well he traveled a lot, man...
Besides that I'm Ed Hunter on MS, Im also hunter in real life.

And for the snakes, in Vojvodina on this side of Danube, we dont have poisonous snake, ours just smell bad. LOL But on youes side of the river Aronax its little different.

what sort of snakes are those? ive never heard of snakes that smell bad lol. is the smell to warn of predators? your lucky not to have poisonous snakes. i wish Australia was like that.
22.04.2007 - 14:03
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Oracle on 22.04.2007 at 07:00

what sort of snakes are those? ive never heard of snakes that smell bad lol. is the smell to warn of predators? your lucky not to have poisonous snakes. i wish Australia was like that.
Yeah probably... Its the snake from the first pic Aronax has posted. Its called grass snake in english i think.... natrix natrix in latin
----
22.04.2007 - 14:30
Oracle
Orcinus
@Ed Hunter: so you cant die if you get bitten from that snake?
22.04.2007 - 15:50
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Oracle on 22.04.2007 at 14:30

@Ed Hunter: so you cant die if you get bitten from that snake?
No way, they are very small, and they arent agressive. they live in near water and prey on smal fishes and frogs, etc... Even if it bites you, you can have just little scar, and theyre not venomous (I think none of the water snakes are venomous)
----
22.04.2007 - 16:02
APOHAKC
The Bard
Some water snakes are the most venomous snakes in the world, but we don't have them.
The second snake can kill, it is dangerous and pisonous snake, I don't know what is its name, I found that on some Serbian web page without English translation

@EdHunter - Hmmm, I never saw any wolf here, I saw those small wolfs/dogs, and they are not too dangerous I think, about that wolf in Srem, was it long ago? Cause one wolf was actually killed here few years ago
----
22.04.2007 - 21:33
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by APOHAKC on 22.04.2007 at 16:02

Some water snakes are the most venomous snakes in the world, but we don't have them.
The second snake can kill, it is dangerous and pisonous snake, I don't know what is its name, I found that on some Serbian web page without English translation

@EdHunter - Hmmm, I never saw any wolf here, I saw those small wolfs/dogs, and they are not too dangerous I think, about that wolf in Srem, was it long ago? Cause one wolf was actually killed here few years ago

Well, this one was last year, I think. I've read that he was hungry or something, and he came al the way from some part od Bosnia... Than some hunter killed him.
But just few hundred of years ago they were all over the Vojvodina (not for long time, though) and then Austro- Hungary authorities paid villagers to hunt them, so theyre extinct here now.
----
25.04.2007 - 19:09
GANG METALSTORM
@Aronax, in my place, there are also snakes, they have many kinds, and some most poisonous like cobra,....There arent wolves here, Im just into wolves by their image in art, music,...Its not so nice to hear that a wolf nearly kill a man, but I also by some sites, theres a women who raised by wolf pack in Ukraine.
25.04.2007 - 23:21
Ernis
狼獾
Wolves are usually scared of people....they may only attack if they are awfully hungry or in pain or suffering from rabies....in all other cases, man is the only and greatest foe of wolf....and I'm always sad to hear when people say that these are dangerous animals...that's because so many wolves have been cruelly slaughtered.....
26.04.2007 - 02:20
MadGatsu
i love wolfies. To watch them anyway. I dont think i would like being next to an angry or hungry wolf.... lol
Voted Summer anyway. Vacations... gotta love 'em heh
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
26.04.2007 - 14:19
Ernis
狼獾
I don't know what the hell is going on in Europe....I live in Estonia....and we have our temperature here only two degrees lower than in Lisbon.....
26.04.2007 - 14:48
APOHAKC
The Bard
@Jet, Miotalhoba - I must admit that I love wolfs only on pics In real life I prefer dogs lol
----
26.04.2007 - 18:48
MadGatsu
Written by Ernis on 26.04.2007 at 14:19

I don't know what the hell is going on in Europe....I live in Estonia....and we have our temperature here only two degrees lower than in Lisbon.....

why? was it supposed to be much colder?
----
26.04.2007 - 19:57
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by MadGatsu on 26.04.2007 at 18:48

Well, if you lok at the map of Europe you'll know the answer... Its kinda obious isnt it
----
26.04.2007 - 20:32
MadGatsu
Written by Stalker on 26.04.2007 at 19:57

Written by MadGatsu on 26.04.2007 at 18:48

Well, if you lok at the map of Europe you'll know the answer... Its kinda obious isnt it

well i know northern countries are generally colder, but i dont know HOW much colder
----
02.05.2007 - 17:38
Vulture
Account deleted
My favourite season is summer because the weather in summer is hot and the sun is shining.
Of course, summer has it's own bad things just like spiders who are weaving their webs in forests, mosquitos and all other insects. Hate them.
But every season has bad and good things, so yeah... Summer I like the most.
02.05.2007 - 17:58
Ernis
狼獾
Written by APOHAKC on 26.04.2007 at 14:48

@Jet, Miotalhoba - I must admit that I love wolfs only on pics In real life I prefer dogs lol

Thank you for reminding us all that you prefer dogs in real life

About wolves....well....haven't met any wolves in real life but I once saw a documentary about them and well...really admirable animals...and not vicious at all....it all depends...as I said...if an animal has rabies, it is dangerous...even if it's a racoon....

Weather is here nice....rain and wind...and cool air....I can breathe...though rain is rather irritating and uncomfortable....
12.05.2007 - 13:45
Carrion
Account deleted
Hard one.. Definetly not spring, because it's all dusty and windy. Summer and winter are equal, both have their advantages and disadvantages. So I guess I'll go for autumn, because it's beautiful and it's somehow the best time for me for making out
12.05.2007 - 21:34
Relentless
Account deleted

You surely have very dangerous snakes? Our snakes, at least here where I live are not too dangerous, but I still hate them, I have phobia... The only thing i am really afraid.. From snakes we have this and they are active when it is hot, only in summer and sometimes in autumn

Wolves are amazing animals you are so lucky to be able to see them in the wild
12.05.2007 - 21:57
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
Autumn. Not too hot or cold, trees start to look very nice with brown (plus falling) leaves, and not that much sun.
14.05.2007 - 00:00
The Walrus
Moonsorrow
of course winter , the summer here is like a sauna 30+ degrees anf you can't survive without without air conditioner ...
the winter here is sucks too it's very soft here .
----
14.05.2007 - 16:00
Achor
Account deleted
I cant say I have any certain favourite. Summer is nice of course, but thats because you dont have any school hehe But I like winter too, with all the snow, and you can like have snow ball fights and build snow men and stuff hehehe... Very nostalgic And spring is really nice too, cos its such a difference from the long dark months of the winter. When the spring sun starts to come out, everybody gets happy hehe. I do actually hate autumn. The worst month would probably be november. Rain and sleet, and your shoes get wet, and you get depressed from not getting any sun...
14.05.2007 - 16:21
High and Mighty
Account deleted
My favourite one is fall. Colours are amazing and bright, rain washes away the dust of the past seasons and air is perfumed by that grainy smell of calm decay. It's a lovely embrace which makes me smile while walking across a park or driving through roads decorated by leaf carpets.
15.05.2007 - 17:45
Lord TJ
I chose summer. I like the warmth, the feeling of everything being alive, everyone is outside doing something. No school lol. I just dont like it when its incredibly hot. And I dont like tornado's, Tornado + TJ =
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
16.05.2007 - 18:14
Fhuesc
I voted for winter because the weather is nice, and maybe cause here in mexico winter isnt so hard like the norther parts of the world, but i also like the summer cause i like the rain.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
08.06.2007 - 14:36
Nemesis-Divina
Account deleted
I prefer winter, not just because I generally prefer cold weather or the bleakness, but when the leaves fall off the tress they have interesting shapes, and when it snows it makes everything look magical.
I really don't like OVERLY hot weather, but I don't mind Summer days when it is warm and there is a light cool breeze in the air but it is still nice to go out, hang out with friends down the park and chill out while listening to a few tunes.
08.06.2007 - 15:45
MeGaDeTh_fReAk
i prefer winter because i live in the UAE, Dubai and its summer now and when its hot its HOT!!! especially nowadays.....i can't get out of the house because of the heat its too hot