Metal Storm logo
Music genre you despise the most

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 06.07.2007 - 20:33
i was looking through this forum and found that many people like music which i consider shit. nothing wrong with that, but it made me curious as to what do people on here truly despise.

i, for one, hate improvisational jazz mainly, when the only one who isn't soloing is the drummer playing in 17/13 time signature a 32-bar rhythm.. sure, you're technical, but.... no emotion in your playing, therefore YOU SUCK!
01.12.2007 - 05:31
Oracle
Orcinus
@Opium: OOOOHHHHH
01.12.2007 - 23:37
Smurfophagist
Well the genre that I despise the most is goregrind. How can anyone even call that music...
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
02.12.2007 - 07:48
VPeter
Noise, it's just not music. yeah sure Rap/pop/tranceR&B is bad, but there is actually MUSIC IN IT. really there is no debat possible Noise is just litarly trash, I can except that some black metal use small parts of noise to make the choatic feel bigger, but it's just that. Noise is just garbage.
02.12.2007 - 08:07
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
i just cant stang any of that rap, hip hop, R&B, trance, dance and all that sorta stuff, there are so many people at my school that listen to it, i hate it, its so bad IMO... metal is for me but rap, hip hop, etc isnt!
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
02.12.2007 - 08:33
Techno!!!! wow, it's like someone O.D.ed on a keyboard and no one is smart enough to turn it off
02.12.2007 - 11:26
Timsen
Account deleted
Hardcore/Metalcore.
I'm not annoyed of people listening to this music,
but the metal pub in my hometown was "infiltrated"
by this music.
Earlier it was Slayer, Iron Maiden and Manowar you
listenend to in this pub, today it's Caliban, Heaven
Shall Burn etc...

I tolerate that people like this music of course, but
I'm displeased of its appearance in the pub.
04.12.2007 - 01:57
Oracle
Orcinus
Other genre's i cant stand are Punk, Emo, and Metalcore. imo i think they are all shit and boring. out of those i despise punk the most.
04.12.2007 - 02:19
TheReaperBuzznet
Account deleted
I really hate that Jack Johnson type emotional acoustic shit that girls get all excited for. I especially hate all MALES who are interested in said music. So many people at my university were into that kind of stuff, playing it on guitar and singing, it was awful.
04.12.2007 - 02:55
Oracle
Orcinus
@TheReaperBuzznet: Oh yeah i couldnt agree more. i really cant stand that music either, its just soooooooo boring.
i hate easy listening music (emotional acoustic music)
04.12.2007 - 08:42
Deep Cry
Account deleted
Jazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. OH I HATE JAZZ
04.12.2007 - 08:52
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Post-modern. WTF is it, the future? I sure hope not....
04.12.2007 - 17:57
Warman
Erotic Stains
Hahaha, last Sunday night I was on a boat cruise to Finland with my best friends. And though I've heard it several times before it was now I really found out how horrible Finnish tango/lounge music is! We sat in our cabin and had a great time, but I kept messing around with my friends and turned on the finnish radio... not even booze helps against that depressive music!
----
11.12.2007 - 14:20
RockeRoy
pop like britany spears and all that crap
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
11.12.2007 - 16:58
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by [user id=27161] on 04.12.2007 at 02:19

I really hate that Jack Johnson type emotional acoustic shit that girls get all excited for. I especially hate all MALES who are interested in said music.

Well, hate ME I actually enjoy Jack Johnson sometimes. I don't go as far as singing though lol.
15.12.2007 - 20:32
Gina73ss
I do not like Jazz at all....
----
Take my hand
You'll never find
Another quite like mine
16.12.2007 - 10:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Gina73ss on 15.12.2007 at 20:32

I do not like Jazz at all....

why IMo its good way to make youyr naibours feel unhap all the time
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.12.2007 - 05:42
Gina73ss
Ha! I know my neighbors too well. They would retaliate, and play war anthems at me. Serious, they already threatened me. ha! I would not give them free cable. LOL
----
Take my hand
You'll never find
Another quite like mine
17.12.2007 - 07:38
Too many fail.
Too much jazz hate in this thread. Most jazz >>>>>> most metal. fact. sorry.
: )
----
Here is my actual theory beyond the huge, hilarious jokes I have: If you're so pro-life and you're so pro-child, then adopt one that's already here, that's very unwanted and very alone and needs someone to take care of it.
- Bill Hicks
17.12.2007 - 13:52
Skeggjadr
Account deleted
The music I hate the most is music that thinks it's extreme or different but it's actually just mainstream shit that appeals to lots of little girls (and boys who look like girls). I'm talking about emo, metalcore and all that wannabe hardcore stuff.
19.12.2007 - 16:19
RhysTerk
Got to say disco
21.12.2007 - 10:37
Tombspawn
Account deleted
Pop and pop-rock.
This mainly being because it's generally so pathetic. IMO music shouldn't just be made to appeal to as many people as possible and make you loads of money. (That's not to say that making music to appeal to people is bad, but that's the only purpose of it, it seems).
I don't dislike all metalcore because it's such a vast genre, but generally I also hate the faddy ones like Underoath and BFMV. Yeah...
22.12.2007 - 00:28
Syzygy
Account deleted
Christmas carols and the like done in a country style. I mean, what the fuck?

(I do like some, but not much country though.)
23.12.2007 - 12:48
GANG METALSTORM
The music I rarely listen is psychedelic. I listened to Tiamat few times and I must say that the music has psychedelic element, links to doing drug which I and my country society despise most. I must admit that I fear saying I despise psychedelic 'cause if someday I would be drugger [no, never ], it can be a irony striking back to me
27.12.2007 - 18:49
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
I don't hate any genres in specific...
But I think that Reggeton is one of the worst thing that I have listened in a looooong time.
The lyrics is just... bullshit. And the worst thing is that almost all the reggetons bands are from south america... it piss me off!!!
I don't like Rap or hip-hop... but I think that Kanye West is good...b ut the others... suck.

Another genre that I don't like is emo.
I mean... Doom metal show many emotions and fellings in many ways... but this thing... emo.. is just patethic.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
27.12.2007 - 23:18
Chaosgoat
Written by [user id=2943] on 17.12.2007 at 13:52

The music I hate the most is music that thinks it's extreme or different but it's actually just mainstream shit that appeals to lots of little girls (and boys who look like girls). I'm talking about emo, metalcore and all that wannabe hardcore stuff.

I 100% agree with you.
28.12.2007 - 01:43
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
i hate i truly hate turno-folk, im sury ppl from ey-yu teritory will know whta im talking about
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
31.12.2007 - 01:31
Ascalon
Some techno music, and all involved with japanese pop, rock and also hardocre, metalcore, screamo I don't know so many bad music in this life ... XD
----
"Follow your steps and you'll find, the unknown ways are on your mind" (Angra)
31.12.2007 - 18:11
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by [user id=2943] on 17.12.2007 at 13:52

100% agree with you... I don't know why this kind of emmmm music?.. is so popular... totally overrated.

And many poeple says... "It's sooo full of emotions *o* "
For the love of God.... Give a break
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
15.01.2008 - 21:51
RhysTerk
Disco, pop and all that shit
15.01.2008 - 23:02
Son of Odin
Grunge, Glam, Hardcore, Nu - Genres in the world of "metal" that I really dont like.
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!