Metal Storm logo
Dreams

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 18.06.2006 - 00:47
Dreams...do you believe in them? what do they mean to you....what was the nicest and the most horrible dream you've ever had...what was your last night's dream...and, in fact what are dreams? these are the questions i would like you to answer to in this thread...I, for one, believe that dreams are just bullcrap; my guess is that they are just representations of the most intense feelings and events that happened to a person during a day, or a certain period of time, that come out at night....so, i'm looking forward to seeing what you guys have to say about this...
14.03.2009 - 03:16
Piro
I remember once, I had a dream where I lived through my own death several times, and immediately after was walking in a garden with my girlfriend. After that happened, I noticed she was getting shorter and shorter, until I realized only half of her was there, and as soon as that happened, I felt a falling sensation, and was falling through the ground. Shortly after, I woke up.

I swear it was the coolest thing that has happened in a long time.

Also, I gotta say it really sucks when something great happens in your dream, the dream continues on for awhile until you start to believe it, then you wake up believing it. Until of course, you go do something really stupid and realize it never really happened.

Like when I was maybe 10 or so, I remember dreaming that we got a new dog, so I'm running down the stairs and realize all that's there was the lousy hamster. It was the emotional trauma that made me start listening to metal.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
14.03.2009 - 03:38
tulkas
el parcero
I hate the fact that for some reason my ex still appears occasionally in my dreams. couple of nights ago, it sucked, 'cause, i dreamt that she called me because she had broken up with her bf and for some reason wanted to talk to me. thing is, in few words, we like kissed and she told me she wanted me back, etc etc... uugghh!!
i hate this dreams, 'cause they mess up my head and fuck things up for me. and the thing is, i don't know what t think. i know that it can be interpreted as me still wanting to be with her, and... well, yes, i still miss her, but... fuck, it's just that she fucked me up with all the lies and shit and everything she did to me, and somehow i still love her and at the same time i don't, 'cause i'm resented as hell. hate this! hate having these dreams with her!
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
08.04.2009 - 23:57
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by nana.MD on 11.11.2008 at 00:13

...they say there's actually two things that can be done by few while dreaming...watching yourself in the mirror and seeing your watch or knowing what time is it...anyone??

I did. So what then? Am i a VIP now? If so, then contact my secretory for signs.
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
20.04.2009 - 01:46
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Azrael on 20.04.2009 at 01:21

It was like i'm pushing on my teeth too hard and they just exploded out of my mouth.this nightmare was repeated every day.

It sounds pretty funny to me, hehe.
But anyway, there have been lots of nightmares I've dreamed but the most terrific were those where I saw someone dying in realistic situations such as plane crash, heart attack and similar ones. It actually wouldn't be as horrible if I saw dying myself, it's just my greatest fear to loose anyone else.
As for the 'normal' dreams.. they are funny. I could imagine that I'm flying and then *bam!* I'm crashing into a brick wall but I'm still alive and continue to.. I don't know, maybe the next thing I'll see would be one of my classmates drinking beer. Dreams are full of nonsense although plenty of times I have had the feeling I've gone through that situation before... deja vu?

Anyway, I'm not dreaming regularly, my sleep is very tight.
21.04.2009 - 00:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 20.04.2009 at 01:46

Anyway, I'm not dreaming regularly, my sleep is very tight.

Deja Vu for me ist almoust ewery day ever hour

Dreams, noo not fro me it can be 1-2 nights then 2 weeks no dreams, then again and so on, there need some special sleep, whateve rto dream, dunno, but for me dreams aint no regulary, and belive me dreams in night is one of best reason to live this boring life
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.04.2009 - 00:37
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Bad English on 21.04.2009 at 00:28

and belive me dreams in night is one of best reason to live this boring life

ORLY?

I wouldn't say that. But, in fact, after I had posted my previous post on this thread, the next day I woke up with the though that I'm in Cuba (I finished my work about Caribbean islands that day) and I fucking overslept two Russian lessons because I couldn't get up... I imagined that I should wake up in a sunny beach - I didn't understand why I'm sleeping in my bed and why it is so cold around.
21.04.2009 - 12:55
Kasper
Sometimes when I'm dreaming, I'm aware of myself dreaming - I know that this is just a dream. Anyone tried something similiar to this?
----
"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded"
21.04.2009 - 15:48
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Ragana on 20.04.2009 at 01:46

It sounds pretty funny to me, hehe.
But anyway, there have been lots of nightmares I've dreamed but the most terrific were those where I saw someone dying in realistic situations such as plane crash, heart attack and similar ones. It actually wouldn't be as horrible if I saw dying myself, it's just my greatest fear to loose anyone else.
As for the 'normal' dreams.. they are funny. I could imagine that I'm flying and then *bam!* I'm crashing into a brick wall but I'm still alive and continue to.. I don't know, maybe the next thing I'll see would be one of my classmates drinking beer. Dreams are full of nonsense although plenty of times I have had the feeling I've gone through that situation before... deja vu?

i've actually dremed couple of times that i get shot, or stabbed very badly and are close to death, although i've never gotten to that point. would be interesting, though.
but, i do have a recurring thing in my dreams, and it's that wherever i am, somehow i jump, or im on a bike and jump or whatever, and go really high and the i start falling down, and i remember that in that moment i feel scared, or feel like my guts moving, really awkward, but i always manage to reach the ground without hittng myslef. like i have a smooth landing. pretty weir, 'cause i have this type of thing in my dreams pretty often
----
26.04.2009 - 20:55
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Lol last night i dreamed i wanted to eat this blue apple which i was holding in my hand.. it was exactly like a typical green one, only it was blue lol
26.04.2009 - 23:30
Smurfophagist
I sometimes dream of killing someone. The gun always jams, and I have to use a knife. Using a knife to kill someone sickens me. I stab the person in the chest with my eyes closed praying that he has a quick death.
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
26.04.2009 - 23:38
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Valentin B on 26.04.2009 at 20:55

Lol last night i dreamed i wanted to eat this blue apple which i was holding in my hand.. it was exactly like a typical green one, only it was blue lol

and what did it taste like? like a regular green one or like a blue one? haha
----
27.04.2009 - 09:49
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by tulkas on 26.04.2009 at 23:38

Written by Valentin B on 26.04.2009 at 20:55

and what did it taste like? like a regular green one or like a blue one? haha

i actually don't remember and i don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing
27.04.2009 - 15:35
tulkas
el parcero
Maybe it wasn't good, so it wasn't something worth remembering, haha
----
03.05.2009 - 23:12
TormentoR?
Account deleted
Has anyone of you ever had a dream in which you were running on rooftops while being chased by a herd of cows? No? it's just me then.
04.05.2009 - 00:04
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by [user id=28368] on 03.05.2009 at 23:12

Has anyone of you ever had a dream in which you were running on rooftops while being chased by a herd of cows? No? it's just me then.

Interesting. I guess they were practising to stay on the roof without falling down...

My last night's dream didn't come true. I actually dreamed that Russian hockey team will beat Latvians with the result of 6 against 3 goals. But it ended worse.
04.05.2009 - 01:39
tulkas
el parcero

it sounds as if you had spent the day on a farm with cows, and then before you wnet to bed watched the matrix thus, your imagination mixed both amazingly and exiting expereinces you had and mixed them in your dream! but i don't think so... hehe
----
07.05.2009 - 03:03
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above

Well there's no easy way to tell you this but that all actually happened. You owe the cows money for gambling debts and for those guns you were supposed to get rid of for them. In any case you were lucky to have gotten away. Be aware, they will send geese next!

Okay, getting back to the fact that this is a dream.....
Basically how was your footing while running on the rooftop?
How did you feel being on the rooftop?
Could you explain the reasoning and/or emotion that you felt by running from the cows?
Are you vegetarian or vegan and ate meat?

Off the top I can say that you put yourself at lofty heights in order to avoid any form of falling into mediocrity and/or falling into what you see wrong with other people. I just wanna hear the responces before I figure "this is the reason why".
----
07.05.2009 - 06:14
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Ph0eNiX on 07.05.2009 at 03:03

Off the top I can say that you put yourself at lofty heights in order to avoid any form of falling into mediocrity and/or falling into what you see wrong with other people. I just wanna hear the responces before I figure "this is the reason why".

Nice! nothing like well spoken bullshit! just kidding. i don't know anything about dream interpretation, but it's just that that sounded real bullshitty, hehe. no inslut intended, btw
----
07.05.2009 - 06:37
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
More or less since dreams are psychological the best way to look into them is in regard to symbolism and in how you felt towards it.
----
16.05.2009 - 02:19
TormentoR?
Account deleted

Well there's no easy way to tell you this but that all actually happened. You owe the cows money for gambling debts and for those guns you were supposed to get rid of for them. In any case you were lucky to have gotten away. Be aware, they will send geese next!

Could you explain the reasoning and/or emotion that you felt by running from the cows?

Hahahaa this is an incredibly good post, it's both fun but I also see some common sense combined into it.

Now to answer to some questions:

How did you feel being on the rooftop? - I felt strange.Maybe because roofs aren't my usual route where I walk on.
Could you explain the reasoning and/or emotion that you felt by running from the cows? - Fear. C'mon man, it's COWS..lots of them.
Are you vegetarian or vegan and ate meat? - Nope, I'm not vegetarian nor vegan, but I'm not a fan of eating meat and I rarely eat it, so I don't think the dream was some kind of subconscious way that explains my fear of cows that came to take revenge for me eating them.
16.05.2009 - 08:54
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
Written by [user id=28368] on 16.05.2009 at 02:19

Hahahaa this is an incredibly good post, it's both fun but I also see some common sense combined into it.

Now to answer to some questions:

How did you feel being on the rooftop? - I felt strange.Maybe because roofs aren't my usual route where I walk on.
Could you explain the reasoning and/or emotion that you felt by running from the cows? - Fear. C'mon man, it's COWS..lots of them.
Are you vegetarian or vegan and ate meat? - Nope, I'm not vegetarian nor vegan, but I'm not a fan of eating meat and I rarely eat it, so I don't think the dream was some kind of subconscious way that explains my fear of cows that came to take revenge for me eating them.

Okay, you been under a goodly amount of pressure in some way from the world around you in any way or are you feeling the onset of personal change hitting you in some place unexpected?
----
16.05.2009 - 10:35
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Has anyone seen his DEAD BODY on his dream?????

i don't know why but i feel that i could never see that dream. i've seen me get hurt or going near to death but i don't know if i could stand seeing me dying....
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
16.05.2009 - 11:31
Kasper
Written by Deadmeat on 16.05.2009 at 10:35

i don't know why but i feel that i could never see that dream. i've seen me get hurt or going near to death but i don't know if i could stand seeing me dying....

I've never myself seen my own dead body, but I read about a guy who once had that dream. He saw his own dead body, and when he woke up, he was in the hospital. The doctors told him he was dead for a short amount of time, but was revived by electroshock. Weird isn't it ?
----
16.05.2009 - 12:02
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Kasper on 16.05.2009 at 11:31

I've never myself seen my own dead body, but I read about a guy who once had that dream. He saw his own dead body, and when he woke up, he was in the hospital. The doctors told him he was dead for a short amount of time, but was revived by electroshock. Weird isn't it ?

i don't if this is true but really i feel that if i see myself dead i will be dead... i don't know why...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
16.05.2009 - 15:26
Kasper
Written by Deadmeat on 16.05.2009 at 12:02

i don't if this is true but really i feel that if i see myself dead i will be dead... i don't know why...

Not sure if it's true either, but if it is.. Then it's quite amazing really.

And to see yourself dead, could be a pretty obvious sign, if you are able to dream while dead
----
16.05.2009 - 15:33
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Kasper on 16.05.2009 at 15:26

Not sure if it's true either, but if it is.. Then it's quite amazing really.

And to see yourself dead, could be a pretty obvious sign, if you are able to dream while dead

but hold on... this must be surely a lie... and look why: the guy was sleeping and he woke up in the hospital. this means that someone was close to him (doubt 1), woke up or was... watching him (doubt 2), checked if he is breathing (DDOOUUBBTT 3!!), and managed to pick him in the nearest hospital before he "totaly" died (4). could this ever happen???
----
17.05.2009 - 00:37
TormentoR?
Account deleted
Written by Ph0eNiX on 16.05.2009 at 08:54

Okay, you been under a goodly amount of pressure in some way from the world around you in any way or are you feeling the onset of personal change hitting you in some place unexpected?

Yes . I guess it's that time of every young persons life that brings some important decisions.

Other than my cow-problems (damn those four-legged animals) , I have to admit that you could be a good psychiatrist.
17.05.2009 - 00:57
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
Written by [user id=28368] on 17.05.2009 at 00:37

Written by Ph0eNiX on 16.05.2009 at 08:54

THe rooftop and being chased on it was the main thing to show that. After that there's a deal of the cows. (You owe them money you pay the cows back. If not things get crazy in a bad way. The cows don't mess around!!!!) Basically it's pressures from the outside world. How you feel on the is your general reaction to it all.

Yes . I guess it's that time of every young persons life that brings some important decisions.

Other than my cow-problems (damn those four-legged animals) , I have to admit that you could be a good psychiatrist.
----
17.05.2009 - 03:04
tulkas
el parcero
I was having this really weird dream but my mom called me on my cell phone and woke me up. it was strange because it started with me being me, having lunch with 2 other friends but then we started like opening graves or something, but they weren't in cementeries, more like tombs on monuments, so we got caught, and were taken to some sort of yard and were held 'prisoners', but for some reason, me and another dude escaped and started running and running, being chased, and somehow me and him stopped being... us, you know, humans, and were more like squirrels or something, and so we kept running, trying not to be caught all through this big huge house, and like the owner or something and his 'servant' chasing us while we evaded them and breaking stuff from the house.
anyway, it was like this huge chase until they caught us and they were gonna use us in some sort of play but i started doing something to escape again, and it was then that my mom called. damn!
----
17.05.2009 - 04:39
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above

Written by Kasper on 16.05.2009 at 11:31

Well generally "Death stuff" especially about the self is the stuff you see the least. If you think you're having the entire thing based on psychic sleep I would more than tend to doubt it.

Death stuff also shows change. YOU could just be seeing you looking at a new form of how you live also?

BAsically when it comes down to it (and also disproving the nightmare on elm street reality) if you're affraid of change it may be showing that out.
----