Metal Storm logo
Best female vocal band (Not Growls)

Original post

Posted by Dreamwar_86, 02.07.2006 - 11:31
whats your favorite female vocal band, what band has better technique and of course what band has the best vocals

for me is After Forever , Floor has a beautiful voice even live its Flawless,the music is great too, one of the best bands ever...

Poll

who is better and more original

Nightwish
Other...
Epica
After Forever
The Gathering
Within Temptation
Lacuna Coil
Theatre Of Tragedy
Xandria

Total votes: 272
18.11.2007 - 20:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=26136] on 18.11.2007 at 20:36

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.11.2007 at 20:11

Written by [user id=26136] on 11.10.2007 at 08:32

I would say Arch Enemy. dont like them though

Read the topic title... it isays not growls

they changed the topic title BECAUSE people voted bands like Arch Enemy
I'm innocent

Okay, sorry. Then I retract what I just said.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.11.2007 - 20:39
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.11.2007 at 20:37

okay thats cool

now that the topic title is changed. I vote blanco

for the retards: its not a band
26.11.2007 - 23:40
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Written by [user id=26136] on 18.11.2007 at 20:39

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.11.2007 at 20:37

okay thats cool

now that the topic title is changed. I vote blanco

for the retards: its not a band

blanco? lol
----
Stay Metal !!!
26.11.2007 - 23:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
nobody didnt mentioned Greek band The Rain I Bleed whit beautifull Mina Giannopoulou on vocals

http://www.myspace.com/therainibleed
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.11.2007 - 00:27
bucky01403
Account deleted
When I think of female fronted bands, for some reason I always think of Nightwish.
27.11.2007 - 02:10
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Lacuna Coil, 'cause when they started they were pretty original... And I can listen to all of their albums.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
27.11.2007 - 20:15
the prisoner
Simone Simons of Epica, great vocalist!
02.12.2007 - 14:07
albatros
My current favourite is Autumn from The Netherlands. They changed their style a couple times, but stayed authentic and their music seems to come straight from the heart.

I put high hopes on the new rising star A New Dawn, also from the Netherlands. If you click the link, please allow for some time to load. Three female singers, one of them grunting and the rest clear voice. Dear Ozzy, if they keep their act together, they might gain their share of market. I still have to hear them live, though.
02.12.2007 - 14:40
duyhung
Account deleted
Written by albatros on 02.12.2007 at 14:07

I put high hopes on the new rising star A New Dawn, also from the Netherlands. If you click the link, please allow for some time to load. Three female singers, one of them grunting and the rest clear voice. Dear Ozzy, if they keep their act together, they might gain their share of market. I still have to hear them live, though.

I like their song 'Veil Of Charity' , there's something about this band really different from the others. Oh and the grunts are done by a female singer? , whawww..... thanks for the link, albatros
02.12.2007 - 15:33
albatros
Written by [user id=14272] on 02.12.2007 at 14:40

I like their song 'Veil Of Charity' , there's something about this band really different from the others. Oh and the grunts are done by a female singer? , whawww..... thanks for the link, albatros

yeah, the female bass player does these apocalyptic grunts .. I just hope the current lineup of this band will hold stable for a while.

A New Dawn - Ascension, on youtube note the counter point at the three minute mark, better than a 747 take off ...
02.12.2007 - 15:50
duyhung
Account deleted
Written by albatros on 02.12.2007 at 15:33

Written by [user id=14272] on 02.12.2007 at 14:40

yeah, the female bass player does these apocalyptic grunts .. I just hope the current lineup of this band will hold stable for a while.

A New Dawn - Ascension, on youtube note the counter point at the three minute mark, better than a 747 take off ...

i think you meant the 4-minute one?

Just checked out some other songs , very good indeed. How strange this band is still unsigned..., with this incredible music they really deserve more. And i'm very impressed by the fact that Monica won second place in a grunting competition in Holland , Ms Gossow now has a real challenger
02.12.2007 - 16:06
albatros
Written by [user id=14272] on 02.12.2007 at 15:50

i think you meant the 4-minute one?

Just checked out some other songs , very good indeed. How strange this band is still unsigned..., with this incredible music they really deserve more. And i'm very impressed by the fact that Monica won second place in a grunting competition in Holland , Ms Gossow now has a real challenger

ok, you caught me. I love the whole period between 3:00 and 4:00 min in the video

.. and while the grunter is undoubtedly great, the two clear voices are at least very promising. Both have strong voices and hit the notes most of the time. The videos are more mature than the early tracks on myspace I think. This band hasn't existed in this powerful lineup for long, I believe that's the reason they are still unsigned. I hope that will change soon. They collected a lot of live experience recently.
02.12.2007 - 16:23
albatros
Written by Bad English on 26.11.2007 at 23:45

nobody didnt mentioned Greek band The Rain I Bleed whit beautifull Mina Giannopoulou on vocals

http://www.myspace.com/therainibleed

Thanks for the link. I like it a lot.

Greece has produced a couple good female fronted metal bands. I also enjoy Odes Of Ecstasy and Dakrya.
08.01.2008 - 21:13
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
White Skull from italy, their first vocalist was very amazing, with heavy voice!
01.04.2009 - 14:04
Brave
Well... i dunno
02.04.2009 - 00:33
Wonderlost
Account deleted
From this list, Christina from Lacuna Coil, but actually my most favorite female vocalist is the girl from Stolen Babies. It's not REALLY metal, but I still recommend to give it a listen. Very cool band and a great singer, at least in my opinion.
02.04.2009 - 02:42
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
I voted other, but I can't really say what band is the best between Diablo Swing Orchestra and Unexpect... Yes, Unexpect. They have growls, but the girl sings. I think I'll go for D:S:O, cause Unexpect is the most unclassifiable band, even when it comes to the vocalist's gender. Nightwish used to be masterful, but now they sound like some Epica shit with more budget, but a worse vocalist (and Epica's vocalist is horrible)... I hate bunnies, except in my plate with sauce.
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
02.04.2009 - 03:07
Glower
Definitely Simone from Epica.
02.04.2009 - 08:51
ForeverDarkWoods
I dislike most of these flowery cheesebands. I like the female vox to not necissarily be of the wannabe gothic opera kind. The slavonic folk metal scene has Alkonost and bands like Arkona. They both got female clean vox deserving to be called best.

Also, perhaps Hysterica deserve a mention. Kinda like a female Manowar. That's got to be cool, right?
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
02.04.2009 - 10:09
ToMegaTherion
My vote is for Epica in this list although others worth of mention are
Leaves' Eyes - These guys are amazing (I prefer Liv in Leaves Eyes)
Tystnaden - These guys are awesome, Laura De Luca has amazing vocals backed by brilliant musicians.
The Gathering - These guys have been around for years and they are an outstanding band.
Synergy - I love these guys, a great combination of musicians and very powerful voice.
02.04.2009 - 11:08
ms68
Bjork
----
The more you eat, the more you shit
No matter what you eat, it all turns to shit
02.04.2009 - 13:32
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
I voted for "other" because of Haggard's Susanne Ehlers. She has the most beautiful voice ever
02.04.2009 - 21:23
-Soulreaper-
All of them are pretty good in their on respect, but for originality and shear musical skills I would have to say Nightwish or Theatre of Tragedy I guess. Oceanborn from Nightwish to me is the pinacle of their musical abilities. Just a very well done album all the way through. But Theatre of Tragedy's Velvet Darkness They Fear is just as good in my opinion. So to me it is a toss up between those two.
06.04.2009 - 06:41
DarkMistress
After forever, Floor Jansen has a great voice, well, almost all the girls do, but she´s stunning, she has a powerful, beautiful educated voice, not all can have that
----
Wait in fire
09.04.2009 - 22:38
Abattoir
Staff
Huh, there are quite a lot nice, pure, female voices in metal scene. Personally I realy enjoy listening to Andrea Datwayler (Lunatica), Manda Ophuis (Nemesea), Franziska Huth (Eyes Of Eden), Simone Simons, Sharon den Adel, Anneke and so on. I'm quite into this metal genres (symphonic, gothic) with female vocalists infront, so that's why I realy cannot decide for the only one of the whole female metal crew
12.04.2009 - 16:11
Nightwish with Tarja Turunen.
13.04.2009 - 22:04
Hamird
Lieutenant
I voted for Nightwish.. But I must remark that I voted for the current Nightwish vocalist, Annette Olzon.. Not like the rest of Nightwish true fans I don't like Tarja's vocals at all. But I really like Annette's even if you call it poppy..
08.05.2009 - 12:04
Zamoth
I voted for The Gathering, but definitely Warlock should be on that list, that is full of gothic metal bands, except for The Gathering.
08.05.2009 - 12:22
Jan Destiny
I voted for others. Nightwish was good, but...
My favourite female-fronted bands are: Dalriada, Alhana from Hungary and Kivimetsän Druidi from Finland. Maybe Dalriada is the best

...ohh, and Crystal Viper
----
"Fiction is the truth inside the lie" (Stephen King)
14.05.2009 - 09:35
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
Nancy Wilson, Heart
----