Metal Storm logo
How Many Musicians Have You Ever Met?

Original post

Posted by Raiden, 19.08.2006 - 03:49
What musicians have you met? I've only ever met a couple of musicians from Australian bands. I think meeting the guitarist from Gospel Of The Horns was the best. Share your band member meetings with us!
03.12.2009 - 18:46
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Biedrik on 23.11.2009 at 00:48

Nick Ritter - Warbringer
John Kevil - Warbringer (twice)

Saw them a couple nights ago with Vader/Decrepit Birth/Amenta. mediocre sized crowd at the local club (almost as many in the fenced off bar section as the floor area). Adam Carroll was out sick, so they played a man down... and John was pretty sick as well, but soldiered through and put on an awesome show all things considered.

Every other band on the bill rocked balls, but Warbringer simultaneously rocked balls and were fun. Really won me over.

Talked with both the Laux brothers after the show, separately, including John (guitarist) at length over a beer. He had a really good attitude about everything... small crowd, next stop was the middle of nowhere, New Mexico... asked about it, his reaction was, "Play the show, have a good time, then move on to the next gig."

made sure to put aside drinking money to get "War Without End" - they won me over.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
03.12.2009 - 23:54
Warman
Erotic Stains
Okay, update from my three year old post:

- Iron Maiden (2003)
- One Man Army & the Undead Quartet (2006)
- Cradle of Filth (2007)
- Johan Hegg of Amon Amarth (2007)
- In Flames (2008)
- Mikael Åkerfeldt of Opeth (2008, at a Megadeth concert)
- Deathstars (2009)
- Set Teitan (2009)
- John Petrucci of Dream Theater (2009)
- Thomas Wikström of Therion/ex-Candlemass (my best friends dad)
----
30.12.2009 - 00:24
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Warlock84 on 17.11.2009 at 23:51

Pat Lachman
All of Iced Earth in 2008 with Matt Barlow

oh yes, i do envy you for those Pat is a genius guitarist, even though i only know his Halford works.
31.12.2009 - 23:01
I_Die_Often
Logan Mader after he left Machine Head for Soulfly.
He was wondering around at Ozzfest prior to going on, not too many of us recognized him.
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
01.01.2010 - 02:16
I have met quite a few in my time

Met Dani Filth by chance in 2008
Met all of Opeth at Bloodstock
Had a drink with Herman Li of Dragonforce at a WASP gig
Been to the pub with Leaves Eyes
Met Aaron Stainthorpe at Hellfire
Met Melt Banana at one of their gigs
Had a drink with Akercocke

Also had MSN conversations with Attila Csihar and Glen Benton
----
"The people who are dark fear the people who are fair
And hippies live in terror of the guys who have no hair
The saddest thing of all - what I really find grim
Is we haven't yet noticed what a mess we're all in."
01.01.2010 - 19:13
Gordon Freeman
When I was younger my brother and I almost got stepped on by the singer from Disturbed at an unrelated concert.

Later in life I got to chat with Cam Pipes at a little club in Phoenix while we watched Satyricon. (They had just opened for Satyricon)

The next year when they came back to Phoenix my friend and I talked with Justin Hagberg for a bit. He and their bassist at the time had stopped to admire my friend's chain-mail shirt....which he wore to the concert...I've got to find some new friends...
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
07.02.2010 - 03:49
Culty
Ah i just met Nicko McBrain today at his new restaurant(Rock N Roll Ribs)! He signed my shoe
----
Gfnttlr
22.08.2010 - 19:10
ApolloFC
Lance King @ PPUSA - Still talk to him on the facebook - and am apparently arranging a tune for him... really cool guy.
Guys from Pagans Mind @ PPUSA Signing Session - got to tell Jorn that I loved his guitar
Jon Drenning and his wife @ PPUSA Signing Session (unfortunately I wasn't that interested in CG at the time :|.. but I thought I had seen Jon's wife somewhere before so I had to talk to her)
I wouldn't say I met him, but I saw the vocalist from Circus Maximus enter/exit the bathrooms at the Loft? (Wednesday PPUSA location) and I gave him two thumbs up.. and he did the same. Probably the lamest thing I've ever done at a metal show.
Mark Wood - Lead violinist of Trans Siberian Orchestra @ local high school show that was to get people into orchestra or something like that.
13.11.2010 - 08:08
Mongoose2557
Account deleted
I had a brief encounter with Heri and Terji from Tyr after a show they played opening for Amon Amarth in April of this year. It was pretty cool.
13.11.2010 - 11:06
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Emmm let me think, NONE
15.11.2010 - 02:03
livemusic
Hung out with Iron Maiden and showed them around Bombay.
Smoked a blunt with Machine Head.
Met Megadeth.
Jerry Cantrell - 3 times.
Tom Morello
Roger Waters
26.11.2010 - 14:52
vex_sparks
Well i have met many "musicians" but im afraid not any of big importance, i tell you what though, some of you folks certainly have a impressive list of people.

02.12.2010 - 22:11
Cyroth
I met Blasphemer and Carmen from Ava Inferi last summer at OST Mountain Fest,friendly people
----
14.01.2011 - 19:39
ScreamingSteelUS
Editor-in-Chief
Admin
I have met:

Horslips
James Paul Luna/Eli Santana of Holy Grail
Seven Kingdoms
Philly Byrne of Gama Bomb
Bonded by Blood (I met Mauro 2x)
Evile
Carmine Appice
Michael Angelo Batio (2x)
Dick Dale
Robyn Hitchcock
Peter Buck of REM
Jeff Paulick of LaZarus A.D.
System Divide
Cam Pipes/Justin Hagberg of 3 Inches Of Blood
Rob Cavestany/Mark Osegueda of Death Angel
A Sound of Thunder
Timmy Pain of Pain!
Devin Townsend
Christian Muenzner of Obscura

I have a white t-shirt with my band logo on it that my friend made for me, and that serves as my autograph book. I wear it underneath my other shirts when I go to concerts and sometimes just out in public (because you never know...). So far it's been signed by James Paul Luna and Eli Santana, System Divide, Justin Hagberg, Jeff Paulick, Mauro, Seven Kingdoms, Carmine Appice, three members of Horslips, A Sound of Thunder, Timmy Pain, Devin Townsend, Christian Muenzner, and Michael Angelo Batio (twice; once for each time I met him).
----
"Earth is small and I hate it" - Lum Invader

I'm the Agent of Steel.
25.04.2011 - 08:08
Void_Eater
Account deleted
I met the guys from Bonded by Blood once. I thought that they were just a couple of Mexican's hired to sell albums . Nice guys, I had a chat with their then guest vocalist before he got permanantly admitted into the band.
25.04.2011 - 09:28
Nefarious
Doom Knight
Staff
Hmmn i wouldn't say i've had many opportunities so far but I know all the guys from Bilocate & Nervecell quite well, & count Nervecell's guitarist, Barney, as one of my closest friends.

I've had a good chat with most of the members SikTh & American Head Charge after gigs as both bands liked to come out & mingle with the crowd after their sets.

I also got to hang out with Kevin Foley of Benighted quite a bit when he came out to Dubai to play drums for Nervecell when their regular session drummer couldn't make it.

Oh & here's a pic of me with Karl Sanders & his wife

I got the chance to hang out with him at Nevercell's VIP album launch party, he's such a great guy.
----
"FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub?The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid
20.05.2011 - 14:18
Razorback
George Fisher he is really kind and natural,and guys from Vader.
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
22.05.2011 - 19:38
king_matt
None.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
24.05.2011 - 18:11
Ghostdancer
Terry Butler, Bill Andrews & James Murphy of Death in 1990
Rob Halford at a Black Sabbath show in 1992
Fernando Ribeiro in 2003 & 2008
And a hard one to admit but I met Ice-T at a Body Count show in 1992
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"
24.05.2011 - 18:39
ANGEL REAPER
Only myself ....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
27.05.2011 - 00:09
ADIresiduos
Written by Powerslavex on 13.11.2010 at 11:06

Emmm let me think, NONE

......... don't worry, you'll get your chance.............
27.05.2011 - 00:21
Storchillarn
I've met and talked to Mikael Åkerfeldt at a Megadeth concert. I also went to a signing session with John Petrucci and took a picture with the guy. I was insanely starstruck both times. Also, when I was really little and didn't really listen to metal I had the chance to meet Iron Maiden, who were playing at a swedish TV-show, and get autographs from the whole band. I usually don't care for autographs because they're worthless compared to the memory of meeting an idol. Also, it's embarrasing asking for someone's name on a piece of paper. Getting a CD or merchandise signed is quite cool, though!
27.05.2011 - 00:23
ADIresiduos
Met all the Megadeth guys in the Clash of the Titans tour (Mustaine, Eleffson, Friedman, Menza). They all signed the lyrics sheet from the Rust in Peace cassette which I bought at the record store where they were signing autographs. Cool guys, kinda quiet, but cool. In that same day, at the concert and after the Alice In Chains set, I met Laney Staley in the mosh pit; real cool guy he was, crazy enough to be shouting Slayer! Slayer! Slayer! with all of us and to the point where he actually got into the pit and was slamming like hell...... good times!!
27.05.2011 - 00:36
ADIresiduos
Oh, forgot to mention on my last post: I also met Bobby Blotzer (drummer for Ratt) and actually chated and had some beers with him after a gig (got his autograph, too). Very cool and ordinary guy (meaning that he didn't have the superstar pose).
27.05.2011 - 06:57
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
Hung out with Trey Azagthoth on tour bus on Formulas and Gateways Tour. instead of naming all names I met following bands....immolation, divine empire, dying fetus, gorguts, cryptopsy, exhumed, deeds of flesh, vader, incantation, morgion, Destiny's End, Iced Earth, Mayhem, Cephalic Carnage, Origin, Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death, Nile.
29.05.2011 - 10:22
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Written by ADIresiduos on 27.05.2011 at 00:09

Emmm let me think, NONE

......... don't worry, you'll get your chance.............

hope so
30.05.2011 - 22:49
ADIresiduos
Written by [user id=42122] on 27.05.2011 at 06:57

Hung out with Trey Azagthoth on tour bus on Formulas and Gateways Tour. instead of naming all names I met following bands....immolation, divine empire, dying fetus, gorguts, cryptopsy, exhumed, deeds of flesh, vader, incantation, morgion, Destiny's End, Iced Earth, Mayhem, Cephalic Carnage, Origin, Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death, Nile.

Hey man, I believe the question for you is: Who have you NOT met thus far from the metal scene??
30.08.2011 - 16:44
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted

Emmm let me think, NONE

30.08.2011 - 16:57
Glaucus
I haven't met any musicians either...

BUT THAT WILL CHANGE IN OCTOBER.

Getting VIP tickets to one of Devin Townsend's shows.
----
"Pretty easy work, for a God." - Freya ~ Valkyrie Profile
30.08.2011 - 17:04
Metal_4Ever
Written by [user id=119833] on 30.08.2011 at 16:44

Emmm let me think, NONE