Metal Storm logo
Wintersun

Original post

Posted by Elfeder, 23.05.2006 - 17:00
I was shocked when I noticed that no one created a topic on Wintersun it is so strange because this band is one of the best I know...they have just released one album but this album is fucking masterpiece,
I like their songs "Death and the Healing" and "Beautiful Death" they are great songs and this band is Idol for me.
14.10.2007 - 05:48
Mustis
Account deleted
im waitinf for the album time, shame they delay it to 2008, i liked a lot the first cd of wintersun, i hope the new one is good or better than the firts one
16.10.2007 - 14:46
R.I.Pdeadlegends
Account deleted
It will most likely be better jari won't be satisfied if it doesn't blow our minds away
16.10.2007 - 17:58
Judas
The Amputator
Well, to make it better than the debut, as I've said before, would be a phenomenally difficult task. I know it won't be a bad album in any way, because Jari is too good a composer to write crap, but after all this waiting I think it'll have to be a lot better than what we had originally expected it to be for us to rave about it half as much as we did with the first album. I'm getting really impatient, but I know it will be worth the wait in the long run, even if I'm slightly disappointed by it at first.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
19.10.2007 - 13:06
Fuath
i am really into ensiferum mainly coz of his voice, and when i realised wintersun was even better, i nearly cried, i really cant wait for the new album to come out, i think that it iwll be amazing, no matter how long i have to wait
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

27.11.2007 - 18:07
Finicella
Account deleted
Nice band. :3
I think they got some nice melodies and the vocals aren't that bad either. :3
29.11.2007 - 22:03
Timsen
Account deleted
I like their complexe songwrighting (not to compare with Ensiferum at all!)
and the neo-classical elements in some songs.
04.12.2007 - 19:41
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Hey, just to let everyone know, Jari is selling one of his guitars. It's a JEM7V, if anyone is interested in buying check it out http://www.wintermadness.net/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=474
06.12.2007 - 01:19
ArcanaHereticae
Does anyone know is Wintersun has any demos or anything... I've seen none on Soulseek. Just wondering.
----
The nectar ov Thy rage,
I taste from the cup ov fornication.
And woman by my side,
And scarlet is her skin.
She's eager to rise,
And so eager to please.
06.12.2007 - 01:21
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by ArcanaHereticae on 06.12.2007 at 01:19

Does anyone know is Wintersun has any demos or anything... I've seen none on Soulseek. Just wondering.

No, Im almost 100% sure. Just wait for the "Time"
----
06.12.2007 - 01:37
ArcanaHereticae
Written by Stalker on 06.12.2007 at 01:21

I've heard a little about it, but not much. When is it due? No doubt it's gonna be amazing.
----
The nectar ov Thy rage,
And woman by my side,
And scarlet is her skin.
She's eager to rise,
And so eager to please.
06.12.2007 - 01:41
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by ArcanaHereticae on 06.12.2007 at 01:37

I've heard a little about it, but not much. When is it due? No doubt it's gonna be amazing.

Somewhere in the 2008. It isnt stated when exactly, it ought be out already, but its postponed due to various problems that occurred during the recording...
----
06.12.2007 - 01:45
ArcanaHereticae
Written by Stalker on 06.12.2007 at 01:41

Written by ArcanaHereticae on 06.12.2007 at 01:37

Well, if it's anything like the self-titled debut album, Wintersun is going to make an even bigger name for themselves in the future. I literally can not find anyone that sounds like them that is that impressive. And c'mon, the guy made a a Fender Telecaster cool again. Nobody's done that since Roy Orbison. Haha.

Somewhere in the 2008. It isnt stated when exactly, it ought be out already, but its postponed due to various problems that occurred during the recording...

----
The nectar ov Thy rage,
And woman by my side,
And scarlet is her skin.
She's eager to rise,
And so eager to please.
22.12.2007 - 19:53
Warman
Erotic Stains
Well now it'll be delayed again! Great job!
----
24.12.2007 - 20:20
Piro
It really sucks that it will be delayed yet again, I've been waiting for Time since the second I finished listening to the first Wintersun album. I hope it will be as good as I expect it will be.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
17.01.2008 - 17:06
RockeRoy
I'm just finished listen to the whole wintersun album for the first time, i ment to check out this band for a long time, but i most say i was board do death almoast! why do so many he on MS love this album so much? but i will listen to it again later to get a second opinion from my self!
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
17.01.2008 - 19:02
Warman
Erotic Stains
Well I love it for the amazing mix of Power, Folk and Extreme Metal. Epic songs filled with the atmosphere of a cold winter night.
----
18.01.2008 - 00:50
Number Juan
One of my absolute favorite bands. Like every impatient sucker here, I wait desperately for Time. I hope it's as good as the debut. I'm hopeful.
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
18.01.2008 - 00:56
Number Juan
Written by RockeRoy on 17.01.2008 at 17:06

I'm just finished listen to the whole wintersun album for the first time, i ment to check out this band for a long time, but i most say i was board do death almoast! why do so many he on MS love this album so much? but i will listen to it again later to get a second opinion from my self!

The thing is, I felt the same exact way as you (maybe not as harsh). I had no way of telling the songs apart and save for the first five songs, I had no interest in the album. However, I actually kept listening and I started getting more and more into the other songs.

Experiment with the album a little. Listen to the songs out of order. Try Starchild, Death and The Healing and Sleeping stars if you are more into power metal and stick to those for a while. Try Beautiful Death, Winter Madness and others if you are into black and death. Then once you get into it you may like the whole thing... or not.
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
18.01.2008 - 01:17
RockeRoy
Quote:
Experiment with the album a little. Listen to the songs out of order. Try Starchild, Death and The Healing and Sleeping stars if you are more into power metal and stick to those for a while. Try Beautiful Death, Winter Madness and others if you are into black and death. Then once you get into it you may like the whole thing... or not.

I'm more into black and death, but i also like some of powermetal just not the operatic vocals!
So since wintersun don't have operatic vocal i will follow your advice! i get back with an opinion after i have listen to it some more!
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
04.02.2008 - 06:14
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
I just want to let you guys know about a plan that's in the works. A lot of the problems with the release of "Time" are coming from computer problems Jari is having. His computer wont hold all the song files and keeps crashing. Us fans might have an opportunity to help out soon. If Jari approves, we are going to try to raise money and send it to him via paypal or something. Think if we got 1000 fans just to send 5 euros. That would be 5000 euros to help Wintersun out. I will keep you guys updated. We are just waiting to hear from Jari, Kai has already said he thinks this is a good idea.
04.02.2008 - 07:17
Anon
Account deleted
Jari is amazing. Definitely one of my biggest idols. I hold him up there with the likes of the guys from Dream Theater. Truly amazing.

If you guys like Wintersun, you should check my band out. Definitely not as amazing or technical or anything, but in my opinion it has similar sounding harmonies and such. There's a link in my signature if you're interested.
13.02.2008 - 03:26
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
All right. Wintersun is having money troubles, they need to buy an apple computer and its going to cost them a bit of money. If anyone wants to help the band out, buy some merch from the Wintersun website! (The sooner they get money, the sooner Time will come out!). You can read a statement from Jari at this address: http://www.wintermadness.net/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=493&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30 (scroll down a little)

The link to the merch is: http://www.wintermadness.net/wintersun_merchandise.php
13.02.2008 - 07:12
Fhuesc
Written by [user id=20536] on 13.02.2008 at 03:26

All right. Wintersun is having money troubles, they need to buy an apple computer and its going to cost them a bit of money. If anyone wants to help the band out, buy some merch from the Wintersun website! (The sooner they get money, the sooner Time will come out!). You can read a statement from Jari at this address: http://www.wintermadness.net/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=493&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30 (scroll down a little)

The link to the merch is: http://www.wintermadness.net/wintersun_merchandise.php

I think this is mere publicity, if they want a computer the label has tons.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
13.02.2008 - 09:30
m3t4lh34d
Okay... I'm sorry but between his days with Ensiferum and his latest successful album with Wintersun, I think Jari can afford his own computer.

And the fact that he would drop a brand name like that in an official statement blows my mind.

Something is amiss.
13.02.2008 - 13:41
Vermin
Written by m3t4lh34d on 13.02.2008 at 09:30

Okay... I'm sorry but between his days with Ensiferum and his latest successful album with Wintersun, I think Jari can afford his own computer.

And the fact that he would drop a brand name like that in an official statement blows my mind.

Something is amiss.

I think you're overestimating the profit of playing extreme metal
13.02.2008 - 16:07
m3t4lh34d
Your right, it's not all that much, especially when compared to many other genres. Still, come on now, it's one computer... and shouldn't the record label have all of this equipment?

Maybe I'm still overestimating. Oh well.
13.02.2008 - 19:13
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Written by m3t4lh34d on 13.02.2008 at 16:07

Your right, it's not all that much, especially when compared to many other genres. Still, come on now, it's one computer... and shouldn't the record label have all of this equipment?

Maybe I'm still overestimating. Oh well.

Yeah, definitely overestimating. Kai just posted and said that they are waiting to hear from NB if the label will help or not, but guys Jari already sold his Ibanez JEM to raise money to do this album. They are between a rock and a hard place. Buying some merch wont kill your wallet and it sure will help the band. They started this album about 2 years ago, if they could they would have had it finished already. They are self producing and mixing the album so they need their own computer. They bought a pc and its gave them nothing but trouble, that's why they want a mac, not because they are trying to promote a brand but because the pc is not working out and macs are good for music projects.
13.02.2008 - 23:08
Fhuesc
Well, if the label doesn't gave them a computer (which i think it's very improbable), i'll wait till enough merchandise has been bought and they'll be able to buy a computer, cuz i'm not buying this hoax.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
14.02.2008 - 08:59
marts
Account deleted
Hoax? *sigh*

You really think they'd f*ck around for 2 years all for a hoax? He would have had it out in late 2006 if everything went to plan. What's a better way of earning publicity... through a post on a forum or through having a new album out?
14.02.2008 - 09:43
m3t4lh34d
Written by [user id=2356] on 14.02.2008 at 08:59

What's a better way of earning publicity... through a post on a forum or through having a new album out?

Who said they were trying to earn publicity?

On another note, this album better kick some serious ass after having gone through all of this bullshit.