Metal Storm logo
More metal guys than girls?

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 04.08.2007 - 20:28
it just came to me right now, why are there more male metal fans than female?

the only logical explanation i can give is that girls are softer and prefer lighter music in general...
04.09.2009 - 09:44
gocasaca
Quote:
Quote:

but maybe itys also in what country you live to

Yeah, I guess you scandinavians are more metalers, in Serbia there are less, and less females compred to males into metal.
But, who cares how many people are there being fans of metal. Would you like every asshole to listen and desacrate it? I don't. Although, it's kind of sad when you go out parttying and can't hear your faves almost anywhere.
04.09.2009 - 18:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Quote:
Quote:
Written by gocasaca on 04.09.2009 at 09:44

but maybe itys also in what country you live to

Yeah, I guess you scandinavians are more metalers, in Serbia there are less, and less females compred to males into metal.
But, who cares how many people are there being fans of metal. Would you like every asshole to listen and desacrate it? I don't. Although, it's kind of sad when you go out parttying and can't hear your faves almost anywhere.

Yes its true and it can be true, but if ewery single girl be metalhead I think I would commit suicide. its be so bad n shity for genre, better less, but whit quality

EDDIT: here in Swe are planty female in metal , maybe not metal in events n concerts who suck dicks n open beers , somehow Its anoying if you wnat something more how one night action , normal females aint so much into metal here either
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.09.2009 - 19:49
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
When I saw the title of this forum, I laughed.
08.09.2009 - 07:24
xguitaristgirlx
Account deleted
Written by Norm on 22.07.2009 at 04:01

I do think that although the Metal genre is dominated by Males, an increasing number of females are becoming metalheads recently. Just look at how many more bands have at least 1 girl in them now, it's a lot more than 20 years ago. I think that Metal isn't inherently masculine, but because of the amount of men who are metalheads being so much higher than girls being metalheads, it gets that impression. Girls can be aggressive and brutal too.

For the record: My girlfriend's favorite type of Metal is Death Metal, so it's not like impossible for girls to like the heavy stuff.

He is correct. m/
08.09.2009 - 07:42
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Imo metal is like football:

1) men have much more energy in them and aggression and metal is a nice way (as sports-especially football) to canalize it.

also

2) the first years of metal it was ment as something much more aggressive than today. it was underground mostly and in the lives for example you'd see much more blood than today. also, metal today has become a bit mainstream (some bands of it mainly) and it is much easier to approach.

so on the first hand we have that the women surely may like metal and it is something nice but generally in the years i think that they are more eager change music preferences than men. (watch out as there are many men-pussies {especially in a young age} that are listening to metal only because of exhibitionism. I DO NOT refer on them).

and on the second hand the advertisements and promotion have made metal more available and easy for much more people and it logical that many women are between them...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
09.09.2009 - 01:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Deadmeat on 08.09.2009 at 07:42

Imo metal is like football:

1) men have much more energy in them and aggression and metal is a nice way (as sports-especially football) to canalize it.

also

2) the first years of metal it was ment as something much more aggressive than today. it was underground mostly and in the lives for example you'd see much more blood than today. also, metal today has become a bit mainstream (some bands of it mainly) and it is much easier to approach.

so on the first hand we have that the women surely may like metal and it is something nice but generally in the years i think that they are more eager change music preferences than men. (watch out as there are many men-pussies {especially in a young age} that are listening to metal only because of exhibitionism. I DO NOT refer on them).

and on the second hand the advertisements and promotion have made metal more available and easy for much more people and it logical that many women are between them...

lol defenetly there much more metalhead girls n player girls how ultra girls

First eyars of metal there was still dogma, people need wear suit, find good job and live like preacher says , and man was braivest to rebelion against those rules and girl it was more like comming mother, even I dunno how was whit female metalheads at 80's maybe same like now, and those days many still thought women need make dinner for men n they cant comand, even revolution started but IMNO late 80's n early 90's when female becaim trooly ''independent''
----

apos;'
[image]
09.09.2009 - 10:32
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Bad English on 09.09.2009 at 01:14

First eyars of metal there was still dogma, people need wear suit, find good job and live like preacher says , and man was braivest to rebelion against those rules and girl it was more like comming mother, even I dunno how was whit female metalheads at 80's maybe same like now, and those days many still thought women need make dinner for men n they cant comand, even revolution started but IMNO late 80's n early 90's when female becaim trooly ''independent''

that's right man. today it is much easier for the women to do all these. but i am curious to see how the situation will become in the future..
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
09.09.2009 - 13:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Deadmeat on 09.09.2009 at 10:32

Written by Bad English on 09.09.2009 at 01:14

that's right man. today it is much easier for the women to do all these. but i am curious to see how the situation will become in the future..

Well IMO low educated women be slaves n whores and prostitutes, but good aducated will be free n independet, traditional family will diisapear
----

apos;'
[image]
17.09.2009 - 06:56
DevilBabi
There is a large percentage of women who enjoy metal in Aus.
Although, they are hard to find
We do have a large population, or ever growing i should say, of goth/metal chicks. Not alwasy out and proud, but some of them are.

I think it comes down to being comfortable too. I mean, I have been judged differently and badly, esp. by guys, because I like metal etc. They will often look down on you or imply that your weird, or a satanist or some bullshit. So i guess it's easier to mention it at all. That way you can go unjudged by people.

Not me anyway, I stand by my music choices and voice them loud and proud.
We defainately need more chicks in Metal
17.09.2009 - 16:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by DevilBabi on 17.09.2009 at 06:56

We do have a large population, or ever growing i should say, of goth/metal chicks. Not alwasy out and proud, but some of them are.

I think it comes down to being comfortable too. I mean, I have been judged differently and badly, esp. by guys, because I like metal etc. They will often look down on you or imply that your weird, or a satanist or some bullshit. So i guess it's easier to mention it at all. That way you can go unjudged by people.

Well I would never say metalhead girl is weird, I say it for non metalheads because they simnply are weird, cant understand meaning of muisc, concert think, and such life style, ok not all but there some those who wanna live like rulles say, be mothe rof 2 kid,s have car , ''perfect family'' for public, but inside in family all are fucke dup because of fake thinks
----

apos;'
[image]
18.09.2009 - 03:31
DevilBabi
Quote:
Quote:

Well I would never say metalhead girl is weird, I say it for non metalheads because they simnply are weird, cant understand meaning of muisc, concert think, and such life style, ok not all but there some those who wanna live like rulles say, be mothe rof 2 kid,s have car , ''perfect family'' for public, but inside in family all are fucke dup because of fake thinks

Exactly!!

I concer good sir
18.09.2009 - 16:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Quote:
Quote:
Written by DevilBabi on 18.09.2009 at 03:31

Exactly!!

I concer good sir

Im not a girl, but many metalheads actarch girls like magnet , dirty, long hair, beard , tattoos , what I have heard many merry women secretly wanna be whit such free rebelion more how whit husbind who's bussy whit work, well maybe its more biker think freedom non work ,
Would you better work in office or ride in harleys beck all time?
----

apos;'
[image]
18.09.2009 - 21:14
flickaa
Alright .... let me clarify things.... i agree some of stuff that people have mentioned as for y men are more into metal than women and alot of women don't like metal because they can't handle it its too brutal for them... or not interested enough i also think that they go along more with what society tells them to like... at least at my school... all the girls seem to be the same... they all like to go get drunk at the dance clubs n listen to the same music XD ..... anyhow now regarding the looks of men and how women find metalheads attractive I think, those are pathetic reasons because at the end they don't have much in common.. I think looks shouldn't matter its what your interests are and the way you perceive the world, I think girls are stupid in that sense.... but I guess it all depends on what kind of a guy or girl your interested in looking for... I am personally attracted to long hair but I have met men with long hair and for whatever X reason I stopped liking them because they weren't "interesting enough" when it came to their personality. I also feel that alot of women don't understand the whole meaning behind metal rather than just listen to the music. However I have notice that alot of men (united states) in the metal scene don't bother to go to school, or have very crummy jobs( no excuses ) or No jobs at all... (NOT ALL but MANY) maybe its just my own personal experience and now I am wondering y is that?? is it rebellion? i dont think that going to school..etc..etc or getting a job .. is a bad thing its just how you live to survive or how you want to live your life... cus without a job ... . you become limited to do the things you like to do...
19.09.2009 - 21:24
MetallicA
I'll try and explain from my perspective since I'm female:

I kinda grew up on metal actually. Well, the traditional stuff like Priest, Sabbath, Ozzy and Maiden. Then there was Metallica and Megadeth of whom I had discovered next. When I was in about the 7th grade, I had never heard of death metal but I always found myself wanting something more agressive than Korn for example. I finally discivered it some years later when I was 16 and was all like "This is what I have been looking for!" At that point I stopped frequenting the nu metal shows and started frequenting the death metal shows and it was history from there! Nu metal was just not doing it for me.

I'ma girl and one thing I love about metal is the aggressivness. That's what really attracted me to it. I love the brutality and the fact that metal touches on topics that are a bit taboo for mainstream society. And ofcourse, there's the actual musical quality about metal, it takes so much talent to be able to play in a metal band (a good one at least haha). What other bands are there that can play like that if they wanted to? Not very many that's for sure.

I also love going to shows ofcourse. The atmosphere is fantastic...I was at a local show last night as a matter of fact and all the die hard local metal fans were there and everyone was just having such a great time. Yeah most of them were males but I have noticed the same thing, more and more girls are coming out to shows. Whether it's a result of metal being more accessible via the internet, I don't know. The internet is NOT how I discovered metal. The internet is how I discovered some metal bands but for the most part, I discovered them on my own just by going to shows, making friends and trading CDs (haha if it were the 80s, I would have been trading tapes). Metalstorm is one of the VERY first metal websites I ever visited and I just looked at their list of metal bands and subgeneres and pretty much made a note of going to see any of those bands if they came through my town. I discovered Deathgasm Records shortly after and bought my first black metal record from them...it was an Emperor album. I had never heard Emperor in my life at that point, I just thought it looked cool. That same day I bought one of their shirts, I wore that shirt so much now it's worn to hell so now it just stays in my closet. It also helps that Deathgasm is local for me and the 2 dudes who started it are great friends of mine now. They have since parted ways with Deathgasm, one kept the company (he still runs it) and the other started his own company which is also doing pretty well.

I suppose I have a man's mentality when it comes to metal. I mosh and headbang just as hard as the guy next to me. I just love it for what it is.

as for metal heads and having no jobs, I find that to be quite the opposite where I'm from. It seems like only a few of them have no jobs but the rest have some very prestigious money-making jobs. Most of us are well educated too.
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
21.09.2009 - 16:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Flickopeth - well n meytal you shood born, it shood born into you because moustvgior at 16 mommey dont let me go to party, Im to young its tim to rebelion, died hair black, buy CoF t shirt, make piercing and act thet Im easy getible for rebelion, ut moust get over it after 18-19 so same whit guys, but they more stay into it somehow , it shood be born into you

Dan clubs , drunk, well not my type of gilrs, I know those party girls you can get such girl easyer how finish beer and its not fun anymore

Not all men whit hair can be good, I had seen many stupid to, and dunno, but I dnt search for women, because serach and beeing together whit someone because if ''beeing together'' is not how it shood be simply isnt and like I told those who can born into metal , cant see deeper n true mesiage never trooly understand muisc.

MetallicA - Well like you told you grove up, its like I have seen some female who can druve huge truck beckwards n roll it better how men, since they grove in such places, if you all life since childhoodhang around whit such place no doubt its born into you

I remeber you in old forum hehe here, same whit me, i net helped me a lot and I just discovere new thinks on my own and about shows, some of guys go there to get chick, well if I go I go because of music, even I could get 10 cute chics I would choose hear muisc till end, music is something what is moust important for me
----

apos;'
[image]
21.09.2009 - 20:37
MetallicA
@Bad English - yeah totally! I go to shows just for the music...I think that's what really intrigues other metalhead dudes. I remember once while at a Morbid Angel show on 2006, they started playing Chapel of Ghouls (my favorite song by them) and I was singing along. Of course I know all the words and the guys who were next to me were completely transfixed by me just because I was so into the music.

There have been so many metalhead guys who have tried to pick me up but they usually quit once they realize I actually love metal and that I'm not interested! It's great when I know more about metal than they do...sometimes that happens! haha! I used to host a local metal show on my university's radio station...only a serious metalhead can pull off a successful metal radio show! (I left when I graduated; you have to be a student to DJ there)

Also, I have seen many girls who go to shows just so they can sleep with the band members...that is so disgusting! I suppose I'm really attractive because alot of guys do hit on me but just because I am attractive, doesn't mean I'm going to sleep with the band. I also agree with you about party girls, most of them are sluts and probably have diseases! I don't blame you if you don't want to stick your dick in that

I'll just keep on rocking out to the music!
----

In the blazing inferno
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
with no remorse.
21.09.2009 - 23:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by MetallicA on 21.09.2009 at 20:37

@Bad English - yeah totally! I go to shows just for the music...I think that's what really intrigues other metalhead dudes. I remember once while at a Morbid Angel show on 2006, they started playing Chapel of Ghouls (my favorite song by them) and I was singing along. Of course I know all the words and the guys who were next to me were completely transfixed by me just because I was so into the music.

There have been so many metalhead guys who have tried to pick me up but they usually quit once they realize I actually love metal and that I'm not interested! It's great when I know more about metal than they do...sometimes that happens! haha! I used to host a local metal show on my university's radio station...only a serious metalhead can pull off a successful metal radio show! (I left when I graduated; you have to be a student to DJ there)

Also, I have seen many girls who go to shows just so they can sleep with the band members...that is so disgusting! I suppose I'm really attractive because alot of guys do hit on me but just because I am attractive, doesn't mean I'm going to sleep with the band. I also agree with you about party girls, most of them are sluts and probably have diseases! I don't blame you if you don't want to stick your dick in that

If I go I go to, IMO best wat is enjoy concert alone or whit fiew poeple, ands I rearty take drinks, I just enjoy music
I might not know all lyrics, might not recognise all songs, many I can, many I know, but Im into muisc , I have seen many guys who go to maybe not real metal concert but to such events to be cool, to be something, when I was on Ozzy/BLS weiord fact moust girls was lil drunk or in party mood or totaly sobber who ceck tickets, well
About radio show, Maybe I could do it if I have prefering in home, its dunno and about sleeping whit a band, IMO gropie era is ovber, even still some might do it and those easy women , well if you enter in bar girl pull up skirt you hardly open beer n alreday fuck her, no metter 2 minutes or 2 hours one time or 8 times it wont be any satifaction for me and I dont think n call all people whos around the band a metalheads, well there some cte nice n lovely metalheda girls around to
IMO thet reason why they do is they wanna be cool, wanna show to other I slept whit XXX , I suck Axl dick etc, but such life is risky when you wont be 25 , get oldr it Axl will say go away there new one younger, what then ... and I wont wanna GF who's sucked all dicks what could in concert, I need normal GF
----

apos;'
[image]
22.09.2009 - 09:18
Crème fraiche
Written by MetallicA on 21.09.2009 at 20:37

LOL and I was going to go on a rant saying there were no cool metalhead girl in the U.S.

Most typical girls in the states won't go anywhere near a metalhead. If you can snag a cute girl who likes metal, it's a win!
23.09.2009 - 04:43
ToMegaTherion
Written by DevilBabi on 17.09.2009 at 06:56

I agree there are quite a lot of women in Australia who listen to metal at least to some extent. Perhaps the one big difference is that it is harder to pick a female metal fan than a male in some respects because they don't often dress into the subculture of metal.
I don't necessarilly think it has anything to do with being softer, traditionally metal was very much a male dominated culture and only in about the last 10-15 years have women really been more accepted, largely due to the rise of more and more female musicians in the genre. I think it can onyl be a good thing for metal, but unfortunately not everyone sees it that way.
23.09.2009 - 06:10
flickaa
I'm back again! anyhow yeah well (Metallica) I kinda began the same way but at first I liked grunge then I wanted something more brutal it lead to metallica drowning pool..etc and i continued to want to find something more brutal but I don't know i dozed off to goth/ industrial for awhile ...... then it bored met and began listening to some death and later some black and there u go here I am... but anyways I guess it depends where you live too... at least where I am living at the moment there is hardly any girls and the girls that go to the metal shows they are truly fans of metal ( most) =) so really I can't complain.. I guess it depends on your surroundings when I used to live in los angeles ... there was alot of metal fans but there was alot of fake fans too no offense to my dear angelinos!!! XD
23.09.2009 - 06:19
MetallicA
@BadEnglish - hahaha yeah I don't want a boyfriend who has sucked alot of dicks either just kidding! but yeah, a fairly normal partner is good!

@Greg - haha for sure! Same goes for me, If I can snag a cute guy who likes metal then it's a win for me too! It seemed like for the longest time, all the metalhead guys I met were either too old or too horny for my tastes or sometimes they lived far away or something. I suppose it's best to find one outside of our element, for instance I met my boyfriend at the university we went to, not at a show.

@The Plague and FlamingCandle - hells yeah! me too! I don't care what people think of my metal bands shirts cause I think they're great! On a side note, in 2008, I went to Maryland Deathfest and I stayed in a hostel that weekend. 2 of my roomates were a really awesome couple from Australia...I pretty much hung with them the whole weekend. They both rocked out their band shirts too! My impression of them was that Australian metalheads are pretty fuckin awesome! There were a few Australian bands that played at MDF 08 too like Bloodduster and The Day Everything Became Nothing...they were friends with some of those bands' band members and introduced me. Pretty sweet!
----

In the blazing inferno
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
with no remorse.
23.09.2009 - 06:50
flickaa
I hate metal groupies... those #itches are siik! they piss me off I totally know what your talking about (Metallica)
25.09.2009 - 21:27
Crème fraiche
Written by MetallicA on 23.09.2009 at 06:19

@BadEnglish - hahaha yeah I don't want a boyfriend who has sucked alot of dicks either just kidding! but yeah, a fairly normal partner is good!

@Greg - haha for sure! Same goes for me, If I can snag a cute guy who likes metal then it's a win for me too! It seemed like for the longest time, all the metalhead guys I met were either too old or too horny for my tastes or sometimes they lived far away or something. I suppose it's best to find one outside of our element, for instance I met my boyfriend at the university we went to, not at a show.

@The Plague and FlamingCandle - hells yeah! me too! I don't care what people think of my metal bands shirts cause I think they're great! On a side note, in 2008, I went to Maryland Deathfest and I stayed in a hostel that weekend. 2 of my roomates were a really awesome couple from Australia...I pretty much hung with them the whole weekend. They both rocked out their band shirts too! My impression of them was that Australian metalheads are pretty fuckin awesome! There were a few Australian bands that played at MDF 08 too like Bloodduster and The Day Everything Became Nothing...they were friends with some of those bands' band members and introduced me. Pretty sweet!

I hear ya. I would never try and pickup a girl at a metal show lol. I think the last girlfriend I had I met at a party at a friends house. And she loves power metal!!!
25.09.2009 - 21:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by flickaa on 23.09.2009 at 06:50

I hate metal groupies... those #itches are siik! they piss me off I totally know what your talking about (Metallica)

Well those can get only band members, nornal fan its be hard get those chicks, even how cute, hot n sexy he looks those chicks choose band member
Dont worry how long they can be in ''bussiness'' till age 25-30 after it?
Normal women dont need wories there always be someone who likes her, guys like those easy women for sex, but leither we need nomal if we wanna family
----

apos;'
[image]
25.09.2009 - 22:38
MetallicA
Written by Bad English on 25.09.2009 at 21:36

Written by flickaa on 23.09.2009 at 06:50

Well those can get only band members, nornal fan its be hard get those chicks, even how cute, hot n sexy he looks those chicks choose band member
Dont worry how long they can be in ''bussiness'' till age 25-30 after it?
Normal women dont need wories there always be someone who likes her, guys like those easy women for sex, but leither we need nomal if we wanna family

very true! yeah once they hit 30, they're done as groupies!

in my area, every now and then I see these 2 real pretty asian chicks at shows...the story behind them is pretty gross. It goes like this, they're sisters and they're both groupies. One of the girls was more of a groupie than the other but she got chunky so that's when her sister started the whole groupie thing so they could still get backstage and on the bus or whereever. But before she got fat, she used to take it up the ass because she "didn't want to lose her virginity" HA! Such bullshit! Fucking disgusting, right?

I haven't seen them in awhile so they probably moved or they both got fat or something
----

In the blazing inferno
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
with no remorse.
25.09.2009 - 23:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by MetallicA on 25.09.2009 at 22:38

in my area, every now and then I see these 2 real pretty asian chicks at shows...the story behind them is pretty gross. It goes like this, they're sisters and they're both groupies. One of the girls was more of a groupie than the other but she got chunky so that's when her sister started the whole groupie thing so they could still get backstage and on the bus or whereever. But before she got fat, she used to take it up the ass because she "didn't want to lose her virginity" HA! Such bullshit! Fucking disgusting, right?

I haven't seen them in awhile so they probably moved or they both got fat or something

lol my dick wont go there ehh yes it is, well many people go to such ''outlaw'' events, boys to hace chick, sex, girls, get free drinks and then do whit me whatever you want, I woundering how many people goes to Wacken for muisc? Im only one IMO who likes one band gig more how fest or fest where same type bands like Dutch Doom Days and Hard Rocker Fest.

Asian chicks werr in Indonesia, Vientam, probobly you can have 20 chicks in night for 10 dollars

Do you know how they can be anoying when 10 girls sournd you and , he' we're horney, we do sucky sucky bla bla ,
----

apos;'
[image]
25.09.2009 - 23:26
MetallicA
Written by Bad English on 25.09.2009 at 23:04

Written by MetallicA on 25.09.2009 at 22:38

lol my dick wont go there ehh yes it is, well many people go to such ''outlaw'' events, boys to hace chick, sex, girls, get free drinks and then do whit me whatever you want, I woundering how many people goes to Wacken for muisc? Im only one IMO who likes one band gig more how fest or fest where same type bands like Dutch Doom Days and Hard Rocker Fest.

Asian chicks werr in Indonesia, Vientam, probobly you can have 20 chicks in night for 10 dollars

Do you know how they can be anoying when 10 girls sournd you and , he' we're horney, we do sucky sucky bla bla ,

I laughed so hard when I read this!
----

In the blazing inferno
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
with no remorse.
25.09.2009 - 23:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by MetallicA on 25.09.2009 at 23:26

I laughed so hard when I read this!

but isnt it true?
----

apos;'
[image]
26.09.2009 - 02:26
flickaa
XD GROSS ......... anyways southeast asia anyone????? XD
26.09.2009 - 16:09
Panterica
Man, finding nice girls who's also metalheads is hard! I couldn't find even one, they all were such psychos, drinking all the time and go with every guy they can pick. It's also very hard to find good bands with female vocalist, any suggestions? (No Arch Enemey/Nightwish)
----
Li'ed - Prog-Metal from Jerusalem
https://open.spotify.com/artist/7aZWDrAAvDSLMaSmDSE8zA
https://www.facebook.com/LiedBandMusic
http://lied-band.bandcamp.com/