Metal Storm logo
Wintersun

Original post

Posted by Elfeder, 23.05.2006 - 17:00
I was shocked when I noticed that no one created a topic on Wintersun it is so strange because this band is one of the best I know...they have just released one album but this album is fucking masterpiece,
I like their songs "Death and the Healing" and "Beautiful Death" they are great songs and this band is Idol for me.
14.02.2008 - 14:55
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Read this. Seriously, do you always think it's a price problem about a computer?
15.02.2008 - 06:46
Fhuesc
Written by [user id=2356] on 14.02.2008 at 08:59

Hoax? *sigh*

You really think they'd f*ck around for 2 years all for a hoax? He would have had it out in late 2006 if everything went to plan. What's a better way of earning publicity... through a post on a forum or through having a new album out?

I don't know why they are 2 years late, but i don't think it's cuz their computer doesn't work. And correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't Wintersun have 4 members, and probably each one have a computer, so 4 members = 4 computers, and you are telling me that the 4 computers are a useless?
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
15.02.2008 - 21:03
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Written by Fhuesc on 15.02.2008 at 06:46

Hoax? *sigh*

You really think they'd f*ck around for 2 years all for a hoax? He would have had it out in late 2006 if everything went to plan. What's a better way of earning publicity... through a post on a forum or through having a new album out?

I don't know why they are 2 years late, but i don't think it's cuz their computer doesn't work. And correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't Wintersun have 4 members, and probably each one have a computer, so 4 members = 4 computers, and you are telling me that the 4 computers are a useless?

This is what the problem is:
Kai posted this in December:
"hi people!

i´m making a little statement where we are at the moment.
jari has struggled with the technical problems but there is light in the end of the tunnel.

so we got the computer finally from finland.it´s new and it works but it didn´t work as we hoped.

we found out that 32bit windows only allows 2 gb Ram memory to be used and even he has 4 in his computer now,he can´t use it all.
it sucks! so we are buying a device to help us. a receptor.

receptor has 2 gb ram and it´s a rack device that will help us to use it for some of the synths.

the problem has been that jari can´t work the songs in one complete file.
he has to have many projects from the same song and when he is making the synths in midi then the ram runs out and the computer falls down.
this is very time consuming and kills the inspiration because jari can´t compose the synths in a normal way and one wrong note can cause him a whole days work.

so the situation is now this.
we are finished with everything else except the vocals and synths.
and we are not talking about single layer synths.we are talking about more orchestral stuff with layers on top of each other.and some songs has some cool choirs also! jippiii!

one song is fully ready with the vocals and most of the songs has a lot of vocals ready but not totally finished.also the vocals has more dimensions.
so people, please understand that the scale for this album is much bigger than the first ones.i love the first one too but this is on a different level.
you can´t compare these two at all.

so we just have to wait that jari bring us the food on the table.

we also made some cool percussion stuff one night together when i was visiting him in helsinki.

so as soon as we are done with recording we start mixing it.
jari has already started to make the basic sound for drums ,guitars and bass. so it will be exciting time when the mixing starts.

one thing is good to know also.
when the album is ready mixed and mastered then nuclear blast will need
3 months to promote it before it´s out.it´s a huge company at is has
it´s own ways of working.

but let´s think this way,we die someday but the music lives on after we have left.And that is just what music should be.Jari has the vision as only he knows and he can´t give up until the album is ready but he wants to make sure that he is happy with it before leaving it to you...to listen.

thank you for the patience and we´ll keep you informed!
merry christmas everybody and next year we´ll have some winterfun again!

all the best
kai"

Jari posted this
"Well we knew that 32bit Windows has 2GB limit and I have actually the 3GB switch modification (with 4GB installed on my PC) and it let´s me have about 2,3GB for the programs.

But the problems is this. I found out the hard way, that composing massive orchestrations and massive synth layering is really a pain in the ass with only 2GB RAM. Because I have to bounce a lot of tracks to wav and later if I need to change couple of notes, it is sooooooo nerve wrecking and a "inspiration killer" to bounce every track again and again. And waste many many work hours in a day (and waste time from my life and all of our lives for that matter). When in realtime MIDI you could change those notes in seconds and keep on composing.

Those who have been / are in this situation, you know what I´m talking about. Hopefully the technology will get better in few years with the 64bit revolution/transition...

Sorry guys for not updating you... There just isn´t any good news and I don´t like giving bad news all the time, so that´s why the long silence. The computer problems are far from over. I´m really at a dark place at the moment, but I haven´t given up, ´cause this is an album that will break boundaries and needs to be heard!
I´m just overwhelmed and tired,´cause I´ve been dealing with shit so long and I haven´t had one break, just problems after another... there must definately be somekind of curse."

---------------------------------------------------------
I don't think they are lying to anyone. That's not the kind of people they are.
16.02.2008 - 22:11
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
my favs are sleeping stars and the longest one, dont like their style, but they are big quality ))
23.02.2008 - 05:35
amarchand
wintersun is fuckin amazing.. their album is my most played on itunes, about 200 times, and i don't think i'll ever get sick of it.. every time i listen to it i pick out something that i never noticed before, in the background, or in the lyrics, which i just started reading while i listen, and damn it adds a completely new element to the atmosphere!
23.02.2008 - 06:46
zzackcc
Account deleted
I have to say, it's pretty fucking dirty

one of the best albums of all time

starchild is insane, six parts put together to one song, it's crazy.
23.02.2008 - 08:11
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=30770] on 23.02.2008 at 06:46

I have to say, it's pretty fucking dirty

Dirty? Howso?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
23.02.2008 - 09:51
m3t4lh34d
Maybe he dropped his copy of the album in the mud or something.
23.02.2008 - 10:06
Harmonic
Account deleted
Or maybe a new meaning to an old word. Could be he means "awesome."
25.02.2008 - 00:13
amarchand
Written by [user id=22888] on 23.02.2008 at 10:06

Or maybe a new meaning to an old word. Could be he means "awesome."

yes i believe that's what he means.
25.02.2008 - 12:29
Destryphior
Uhuu.. thanx for the info update bluemobiusx, sounds like Time will be one of the greatest albums ever. Maybe it will be done 2010, that would be only 2 more years of waiting, great . And as Jari and Kai say, anything that good is worth waiting for. Their first album is one of my most listened. It's weird how all songs can be that good. Even if you listen to them for about 4 hours you only get more excited to listen to them again. Once I had the album playing for almost a week nonstop, I only paused it while sleeping.
26.02.2008 - 13:46
marts
Account deleted
Written by m3t4lh34d on 14.02.2008 at 09:43

What's a better way of earning publicity... through a post on a forum or through having a new album out?

Who said they were trying to earn publicity?

On another note, this album better kick some serious ass after having gone through all of this bullshit.

The debut album was in the making for 8 years, good things take time - excellent things take even longer.

Jari has said it's like a double album, 75minutes long... that on it's own is pure win.
28.02.2008 - 03:33
zzackcc
Account deleted
yeah sorry for anyone who didn't understand that... it's a new england thing to call something dirty and mean awesome, cool, or some other synonym. Other words for dirty can be dank or dirts or something like that...

it's dumb but it's kind of habit to say it
28.02.2008 - 06:44
Daniel
I havent heard too much of their stuff .

Can anyone recommend some tracks?

----
In The Cold Winds of Nowhere
28.02.2008 - 07:22
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Written by Daniel on 28.02.2008 at 06:44

Battle Against Time, Winter Madness, and Beyond the Dark Sun are all good tracks for starters.
06.03.2008 - 07:55
NOИ
I cannot understand why people are acting like this band is something unique. it's another extreme power metal band, above the average for sure, but they only one album. and yes I also liked the songs "Death and the Healing", "Winter Madness" and "Beautiful Death" but I dont know if I'm gonna check the next album, it's very delayed and I'm already tired of this sound...
22.03.2008 - 11:35
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
ull never meet such an imbalance in your life(expect ensiferum)
22.03.2008 - 14:11
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Daniel on 28.02.2008 at 06:44

Every song from the album.
----
24.03.2008 - 11:37
Lazareth
Account deleted
Has anyone heard the neuclear blast complitation cd?
Jari does a song on it, Its quite... Awesome
26.03.2008 - 16:19
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Hey, are there any (new) news about the upcoming album?? Can someone give me that link from their site where they put the news..??
----
26.03.2008 - 17:28
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Written by Stalker on 26.03.2008 at 16:19

Hey, are there any (new) news about the upcoming album?? Can someone give me that link from their site where they put the news..??

You can try this.
03.04.2008 - 09:16
kaylamacgavin
Lazareth, are you referring to devotion? that song is great! i actually bought the album just for that song haha although cold is my vengence and dysfunctional hours are good as well.

jari maenpaa, damn, what a musical genious. wintersun is such an amazing accomplishment. every song is mindblowing. and surprisngly the album never gets old. . .
i can't even begin to think how insane time will be
03.04.2008 - 22:26
Colony
Account deleted
I am SOOOO hyped for the new album "Time". The first album was like sex on a disc
03.04.2008 - 23:24
Fhuesc
Written by [user id=31847] on 03.04.2008 at 22:26

I am SOOOO hyped for the new album "Time". The first album was like sex on a disc

Lets see if that hype last like... 2 more years before they finally release the album
----
Until victory, always!
03.04.2008 - 23:29
Colony
Account deleted
Written by Fhuesc on 03.04.2008 at 23:24

Written by [user id=31847] on 03.04.2008 at 22:26

Lets see if that hype last like... 2 more years before they finally release the album

Well, I know people that have just given up on the album.......they will not care about it until it's actually finally released. Jeez, Jari's gotta have everything perfect so I'm willing to wait forever (figurative speech of course:P)
08.04.2008 - 05:28
kaylamacgavin
sex on a disc indeed. wintersun is like an orgasm for the ears. Hopefully it doesnt take 2 more years for time to be released, but i would wait that long. it shall be a masterpeice. cant wait !
10.04.2008 - 23:56
juanopereira
I have their first album and I love it!! can't wait for "time"!!!
11.04.2008 - 00:07
ß
Problem?
I have a feeling the new cd won't be out for quite awhile... judging by the name of it
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
11.04.2008 - 00:10
Warman
Erotic Stains
Sure I want Time, but there's other releases this year I want so much more so I really don't think about it. If they'll make a song better and more emotional than Sleeping Stars I'll probably cry though! :
----
11.04.2008 - 01:12
Fhuesc
What!!! i was watching the release dates, and i found that Time is coming in september, wasn't suppose to come out on august?
----
Until victory, always!