Metal Storm logo
More metal guys than girls?

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 04.08.2007 - 20:28
it just came to me right now, why are there more male metal fans than female?

the only logical explanation i can give is that girls are softer and prefer lighter music in general...
26.09.2009 - 19:01
flickaa
Hahhaha i was just gonna say arch enemy and nightwish but nevermind........... yeah i guess it is hard to find good people out there but they do exist ! I feel the same for guys ... lol no offense to the binge drinkers lol.
26.09.2009 - 19:01
flickaa
Hahhaha i was just gonna say arch enemy and nightwish but nevermind........... yeah i guess it is hard to find good people out there but they do exist ! I feel the same for guys ... lol no offense to the binge drinkers lol.
27.09.2009 - 14:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ok about Lv:
In mine town where's maybe 10 metalheads n 10 000 people living I dont know any female metalheda, ok there hang around chicks whod ont acre about musisc and you know one fucks all all fucks one case, I dont know , maybe there some odler women 35-40 who can be intoi scene or was when was younger, but Im not shore, usualy some efmale metalheads shows up like passing buy or seeing some weird friends and it dont hepen offen

Where my grandmother lives there was non meatlheads , only my metalhead friends grandparents lived there , so we meet in summer, usualy no locakchicks (realy stupid) we spend time whit beer, walking,s wimming n football, not whit chicks, but there waw one, we were some kind together, buts eh moved to USA

In my univesity, well there was like 2:10 metalheads , whit out emo, gothic etc those into metal was 2:10 maybe even 1:10 depends of year, but I dont know any ok them. ok one I know one and well she only metal/gothic girl what I know in real life nowdays so , dont know any other

Sweden, well my villigae I have seen giorks wearing Gamma Ray, EdGuy, Helloween, Iron maiden t shirts but 16-18 years old girls I dont know well, even herer planty metalheads, mail, in city have no clue how is there but in huge parties there plantry metalheads fropm Piteå, Skellefteå, Kiruna, , Pajala, even from Umeå and Sundsval, well and all those who wear dark, ha sblack hair, black jeans lookls like metalhead, I cant say yes or no if I dont know and emo, gothic dont counts so defently here mail metalheads are more how female
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.09.2009 - 22:02
MetallicA
Written by Panterica on 26.09.2009 at 16:09

Man, finding nice girls who's also metalheads is hard! I couldn't find even one, they all were such psychos, drinking all the time and go with every guy they can pick. It's also very hard to find good bands with female vocalist, any suggestions? (No Arch Enemey/Nightwish)

hahaha I hate to tell you this but 9 times out of 10, metalchicks are gonna be psychos. Since I live in a big city, there are more metalchicks here to pick from but alot of them are fucking weird and even I don't associate with them. I think I have only 6 metalchick friends and like a gazillion metaldude friends. All my other female friends don't like metal at all.

as for bands...check out Astarte. They're an all female black metal band. Good stuff!
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
27.09.2009 - 22:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by MetallicA on 27.09.2009 at 22:02

Man, finding nice girls who's also metalheads is hard! I couldn't find even one, they all were such psychos, drinking all the time and go with every guy they can pick. It's also very hard to find good bands with female vocalist, any suggestions? (No Arch Enemey/Nightwish)

hahaha I hate to tell you this but 9 times out of 10, metalchicks are gonna be psychos. Since I live in a big city, there are more metalchicks here to pick from but alot of them are fucking weird and even I don't associate with them. I think I have only 6 metalchick friends and like a gazillion metaldude friends. All my other female friends don't like metal at all.

as for bands...check out Astarte. They're an all female black metal band. Good stuff!

Thats a truth,
some girls metal chicks are scary, looks so softh, week, unguardet, seems anyone can hurt them
other part are like someone come kick to balls, take ''kill light'' aka industrial flaslight(hehe sons of silance rules) and knock rapist out

but IMO same ate whit women generaly and men generaly

Well I use to know one doom metal fan in my university , she was like poerfect , but her attitude was Im queen, kiss my hands, do all what I wanna, totaly anoying, + she sad to me if you wanna date whit me, never ever watch hockey n football, it was kike fuel in fire
Like Volkan from ''Kill For You '' sad , nobody can stop us , its passion what never dies, blood in our veins
----

apos;'
[image]
28.09.2009 - 05:33
flickaa
I think i have just have 1 metal friend XD ..... strange isnt it?
28.09.2009 - 05:41
Crème fraiche

Sad but true

My one girlfriend whom I only dated for like a month had an awesome taste in music. IDK if she would be considered a "metalhead", but she liked a bunch of metal, like Tiamat, Sonata Arctica, and Opeth. She was an emotional trainwreck though! I wanted to be there for her so bad, but she was so unbalanced.

I guess that doesn't tie in much since she's not really a metalhead, but I think in general, most girls I've met with a good taste in music tend to be very emotionally unbalanced if not completely psycho
28.09.2009 - 17:17
Panterica
Written by Crème fraiche on 28.09.2009 at 05:41

Sad but true

My one girlfriend whom I only dated for like a month had an awesome taste in music. IDK if she would be considered a "metalhead", but she liked a bunch of metal, like Tiamat, Sonata Arctica, and Opeth. She was an emotional trainwreck though! I wanted to be there for her so bad, but she was so unbalanced.

I guess that doesn't tie in much since she's not really a metalhead, but I think in general, most girls I've met with a good taste in music tend to be very emotionally unbalanced if not completely psycho

OMG, I had a girlfriend just like that! Super scarry. But she's still a good friend of mine.
I don't like much Doom Metal, is there any other suggestions for bands with female vocalist/guitarist?
----
Li'ed - Prog-Metal from Jerusalem
https://open.spotify.com/artist/7aZWDrAAvDSLMaSmDSE8zA
https://www.facebook.com/LiedBandMusic
http://lied-band.bandcamp.com/
29.09.2009 - 02:07
flickaa
Hahahhaa EMOS!!!!! i'm jk...
29.09.2009 - 12:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by flickaa on 28.09.2009 at 05:33

female friend?
----

apos;'
[image]
29.09.2009 - 13:36
FOOCK Nam
Written by flickaa on 26.09.2009 at 02:26

XD GROSS ......... anyways southeast asia anyone????? XD

Yeah, ME, .

Anyway back to the topic, before I come out of my country (in Southeast Asia, haha), I have same thought, not more metal guys than girls, but when I had/have been, I seen differently. Not sure for all other parts on the world, but in US a lot of them, girls, listening to metal, leastly popular Metallica, Slikpnot, Greenday, etc. The girls or women I met they listen to wide range of music, but at least, I Suppose they listen to metal. I cant say if they know extreme stuff like extreme black metal or specific metal genre knowledge like us. Once when a kind of fast-beat-tempo-scream-vocal (metal or hardcore) music song turned on, I saw them headbang and I think they are not FAKE, but you know after that song, a kind soft pop or non -metal song turned on, they went dancing, haha.
29.09.2009 - 18:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Well maybe its be weird, but there many metalhead girls in world, ok % male are more but how % of all female metalheads are non smokers?
Even you find perfect GF , maybe she can be all your life, but if she smokes ..... so find good GF inside metal who dont smoke and are in same doom like I are not possible
----

apos;'
[image]
30.09.2009 - 03:07
flickaa
Hey i dont smoke =D ! haha this is fun....
30.09.2009 - 03:30
flickaa
Written by Bad English on 29.09.2009 at 12:13

Written by flickaa on 28.09.2009 at 05:33

female friend?

no... a male .. lol
30.09.2009 - 05:29
MetallicA
Written by Panterica on 28.09.2009 at 17:17

Written by Crème fraiche on 28.09.2009 at 05:41

Sad but true

OMG, I had a girlfriend just like that! Super scarry. But she's still a good friend of mine.
I don't like much Doom Metal, is there any other suggestions for bands with female vocalist/guitarist?

hahaha man that sucks! It's funny, I never really had serious problems with that (we all have our issues every now and then) but my boyfriend did. He had so much emotional baggage for the longest time...yeah it's still there but I think he has since learned to not live in the past. He did go through some strange situations that had adverse effects on him...it wasn't just "oh I'm so depressed for no apparent reason and want attention" kind of emotional instability.

There's some advice that my dad pretty much drilled into my head that has prevented emotional instability and it's pretty much (not these exact words but the message is the same):
*don't forget the past but don't live in it either,
*everyone has their own sob story to some extent meaning chances are someone else has went through something similar i.e. you're not alone,
*when you are going through hard times you have to just pick yourself up and keep going because it'll eventually come to an end even if it does get worse for the time being.
...basically, don't be a pessimistic asshole who hates life just because there are some obstacles thrown at you. and it also helps that I grew up around a bunch of guys (I'm the only girl in my family besides my mom ofcourse).

I don't smoke either...that is one disgusting habit imo! come to think of it, most of my metalhead friends, male and female, don't smoke.
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
30.09.2009 - 18:22
flickaa
Your words are inspiring.... yeah thats how I feel.. to never give up just keep on going .. and have hope that things will get better..
17.10.2009 - 15:44
Kimiwind
Speed Metal God
Well haha !! at least in my area there is no metal girls LOL exepte my ex girlfreind who i influnced her by myself !! but she dont lisen to extreme black metal or brutal death !! she do prefer always power or folk metal ...
finding a true girl who love the metal scene and understaind it in deep is quite hard !! but there is those posers who wear all black with suicidale ideas and bitchy acts ..well myself i dont consider em as metalheads ...
----
Wintermoon Calls you, Follow It And You Will Be Proud Forever.
19.10.2009 - 18:37
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
Metal is definitely a sausage fest.
10.11.2009 - 03:42
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
Elite
Written by Boltus on 29.08.2009 at 01:34

I personally really don't understand why there are so few female metal fans.
One of the best things about metal is the men who are obviously some of the best looking in existance in many cases.
An other reason is that heavy music can be extremely arousing!
What is more attractive than wild-looking, talented men expressing themselves in such a rebellious way?
Obviously the music is the key attraction to metal but that is not my point.
I'm quite glad there are so few girls though. If all girls liked metal it would be a bit less cool..

I have think of it, i think girls just like more happy danceable music than just more deep/dense/extreme/raged music so i think it's about it
----
In this days we seem to be limited by scientific knowledge
"I'm a good man... while that don't interfere with my interest" Anonymous , taken from the low moderm and post-moderm consciences
10.11.2009 - 04:31
Angelic Storm
Melodious
There definitely is. Why that is, I really don't know. I was just naturally drawn to rock/metal music at round about the age of 11/12. And got into it largely on my own. I've never known another female metalhead personally. I do think there are some girls who get attatched to the metal scene for reasons outside the purely musical. Which I think makes the real numbers of female metalheads even less that it appears already. Though why there seems to be far less female metalheads, I really don't know the answer to that, but it definitely is true. Sometimes I come on here, and its just me and maybe one, or two other girls on, and loads of guys!
11.11.2009 - 01:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Angelic Storm on 10.11.2009 at 04:31

There definitely is. Why that is, I really don't know. I was just naturally drawn to rock/metal music at round about the age of 11/12.

then may I ask how old are you now?
----

apos;'
[image]
11.11.2009 - 05:35
meddle
More guys because we aint pussies who listen to soft music.
----
mr.chips
11.11.2009 - 17:32
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by meddle on 11.11.2009 at 05:35

Such as S.O.A.D?
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
11.11.2009 - 17:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by meddle on 11.11.2009 at 05:35

bands in you list is worst how many MS female members are into it so ...
----

apos;'
[image]
11.11.2009 - 17:51
_HIV_
Offcouse there is more men! wtf? like you were never at a metal concert (except pain ... plenty of chicks there)

as far as the reason? hmm distortion blast beats ... most girls dont like that (I SAID MOST!) and maybe they are appalled of the way we look!
yes we look as mean drunks and we smoke pot like cigarets we grow beards an the list goes on ... but we are soft as minced meet on the inside and we cry ... (mostly when we hear crap like st. anger) ... i forgot where i was going with this so to sum it up metal is for gay people and we should just leave it at that!
19.11.2009 - 18:42
Rozz
I was just about to make a topic about the same thing, i think the reason why its a fuckin sussage fest here is becuase when ever a girl get's an ms account all the desprete lonley horny guys send them millions of messages, how do i know a few of them told me just now.
Like serously guy's this is not a metal dating site, if you want a girl then go to a dating site or go out to a pub and find one. ms has turned into a total sussage fest and i find it funny
19.11.2009 - 19:08
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Rozz on 19.11.2009 at 18:42

i think the reason why its a fuckin sussage fest here is becuase when ever a girl get's an ms account all the desprete lonley horny guys send them millions of messages, how do i know a few of them told me just now.

Haha seriously? That's pathetic!
----
19.11.2009 - 19:12
Rozz
Written by Warman on 19.11.2009 at 19:08

i think the reason why its a fuckin sussage fest here is becuase when ever a girl get's an ms account all the desprete lonley horny guys send them millions of messages, how do i know a few of them told me just now.

Haha seriously? That's pathetic!

Yeah im serious, girl's wont stay here for that reason....and yepppp it's pathetic
19.11.2009 - 19:26
Ragana
Rawrcat

I was just about to make a topic about the same thing, i think the reason why its a fuckin sussage fest here is becuase when ever a girl get's an ms account all the desprete lonley horny guys send them millions of messages, how do i know a few of them told me just now.
Like serously guy's this is not a metal dating site, if you want a girl then go to a dating site or go out to a pub and find one. ms has turned into a total sussage fest and i find it funny

No, that happens AFTER she has put in some picture of her. Talking from experience. But we can ignore them anyway and I'm not going to leave MS just because someone wrote me a freaky letter.
19.11.2009 - 20:16
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Generally speaking, Metal is a much more testosterone-filled genre. I actually have to throw a caution flag up when I meet a girl seriously into extreme metal, because I wonder if something might be wrong with her. It doesn't mean there must be, but I've just had bad experiences with girls (even very feminine) girls who listen to metal. I think many girls just like to do what their boyfriends are into, and this is how many get into metal, but then when they break up with their boyfriend, maybe they lose interest in metal alltogether. Either way, I like a girl who has great taste in metal and isn't crazy. But that's way hard to find.
----
Brujerizmo!