Metal Storm logo
Alcohol

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 08.06.2008 - 23:46
This is the new alcohol thread...discuss your favorite alcohol beverages...
15.09.2008 - 20:48
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Marcel: I'm a beer enthusiasts and drink micro-brewed beers from Unibroue (a micro-brewery in Quebec)...they have fantastic beer: http://www.unibroue.com/
15.09.2008 - 20:57
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.09.2008 at 17:51

I know that I am one of the very few beer enthousiasts on this site. I.e. somehow who doesn't really like the ccommercial powerhouses such as Heineken, Carlsberg, Tuborg, Budweiser etc. but like to drink beers brewed by microbreweries.

Last weekend I went to Copenhagen by train with a couple of friends to attend the European Beer Festival. All in all we tasted about 100 beers at the festival. They were served in tasting glasses which could only hold 10 cl though. The festvial was huge... on Firday just over 10,000 people attende, and on Saturday about 17,500. I sdon't know how many on SUnday... but their aim was 20,000 over three days, so they shattered that hahahaa.

ALL 90+ Danish breweries were present with almost all of their beers. There was also a large selection of German, British, Belgian, Dutch, Finnish, Polish, American beers present. All in all there must have easily been over 2,000 beers present. The festival booklet itslef was already 300+ pages. Many beer stands also served some food snacks prepared with beer. And there was also a luncheon/dinner tent where you could buy good beer meals.

So if it is hosted again next year I am sure gonna go again.

so which beer was the best? or you don't remember cause you were drunk?
15.09.2008 - 22:28
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Author on 15.09.2008 at 20:48

@Marcel: I'm a beer enthusiasts and drink micro-brewed beers from Unibroue (a micro-brewery in Quebec)...they have fantastic beer: http://www.unibroue.com/

Thanks for the tip. I shall check it out if possible. I know that Dane is also a microbrew enthusiast. So apparently there are more of us
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.09.2008 - 22:32
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 15.09.2008 at 20:57

so which beer was the best? or you don't remember cause you were drunk?

My favourite would actually be a tie between Double Imperial Stout by Raasted Bryghus (which came at a whopping 12.5 %) and Chili Chocolat Stout (just 6.3%) by Brockhouse.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.09.2008 - 22:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

I know that I am one of the very few beer enthousiasts on this site. I.e. somehow who doesn't really like the ccommercial powerhouses such as Heineken, Carlsberg, Tuborg, Budweiser etc. but like to drink beers brewed by microbreweries.

Me to, I dont like those beers, ok Guinness, Kilkanee(dunno how spell) are ok, but I prefere tgose small bears, who's hard get in other aereas , and who's not for export so much how those one
Realy Haineken are good but when its cold when its get warmer its week and not so tasty

I moustly drink Bauskas, Piebalgas, Tērvetes beer, if can U?avas those isnt posible get outside Lv and here thay iant so popular too, alsoa re expencive
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.09.2008 - 23:15
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Bad English on 15.09.2008 at 22:46

Me to, I dont like those beers, ok Guinness, Kilkanee(dunno how spell) are ok, but I prefere tgose small bears, who's hard get in other aereas , and who's not for export so much how those one
Realy Haineken are good but when its cold when its get warmer its week and not so tasty

I moustly drink Bauskas, Piebalgas, Tērvetes beer, if can U?avas those isnt posible get outside Lv and here thay iant so popular too, alsoa re expencive

did you try heineken extra cold? it's heineken but chilled to -10 degrees or something lol. also you can't get it in supermarkets etc.
15.09.2008 - 23:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Valentin no I wont, I hate it I hate drinmks from freezer, i dont drink beer from freezer and anything, I dont wanna soar throuth from it
----

apos;'
[image]
16.09.2008 - 16:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 15.09.2008 at 23:15

Written by Bad English on 15.09.2008 at 22:46

did you try heineken extra cold? it's heineken but chilled to -10 degrees or something lol. also you can't get it in supermarkets etc.

It's chilled at -5 and they had it at the festival. I think that was the beer stand where almost NOONE went hahahaha, and rightly so. Nothing special about that sort of beer. That is just targeted at the mainstream beer drinker.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.09.2008 - 00:31
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.09.2008 at 16:27

It's chilled at -5 and they had it at the festival. I think that was the beer stand where almost NOONE went hahahaha, and rightly so. Nothing special about that sort of beer. That is just targeted at the mainstream beer drinker.

sure dude, i get you on the whole microbrewery thing, i always love to sample different tastes and stuff but the thing is when you go on a social occasion, to a bar or something you can't find that stuff. we don't really have microbreweries, the native beers they have here(Ursus, Silva, Timisoreana, Bergenbier), out of which Bergenbier and Ursus are the biggest sellers, most women seem to like Silva though all of these are coming from pretty big factories you know, and apart from that there's the international brands: Stella Artois, Heineken, Peroni, Tuborg mostly, with Tuborg being by far the most popular out of these. were any of the romanian beers i mentioned over there btw? if so, were they good? i think Bergenbier is the best of the natives, it has a great aftertaste, only slightly bitter. plus it's extremely cheap compared to the international names, though my favorite beer(though technically it's not really beer, it doesn't have most of the traits regular beer has) is the mexican beer Salitos, it tastes perfect.

ok so beer aside, i went to a Carrefour superstore yesterday and sampled some wines there. one that caught my attention was a Spanish one, called Old Boatman, it was pretty sweet and had a nice full somewhat dark red colour. also a Porto sweet white wine(it's got 19% alcohol ffs) was pretty good. but one of my favorite wines i ever tasted (K7 take note!!) remains Lacrima lui Ovidiu (in english, Ovid's Tear), sweet and almost jelly-like in consistency... it tastes INCREDIBLE tbh. i only tried the 5-year old variety, which is pretty cheap(for how good it tastes), only the equivalent of 5 euros, though one day i gotta try the 12 year sort, 10 euros. but i imagine, if this one tastes so good, how much better can the 12-year one get??
22.09.2008 - 04:29
Black Mass
I go thru stages. At the moment I have a taste for Captain Morgan Old Spiced Rum. My fall back drink is Vodka + fresh lime + soda. In the evenings I like a few glasses of red - usually a Merlot or Shiraz. During summer its all about beer, James Boags is one of my faves.
Today I am so hungover I'm sending myself home from work very, very soon.
24.09.2008 - 00:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Whats your opinium about Birra Morreti(italain beer) and Grappa(hope you know what it is)
I just last days drink thos edribks a lot of specely grappa and realy I didnt get drunk much of it even drunk a lot of it, seems only Lupas understand me here
----

apos;'
[image]
24.09.2008 - 16:13
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Bad English on 24.09.2008 at 00:52

Whats your opinium about Birra Morreti(italain beer) and Grappa(hope you know what it is)
I just last days drink thos edribks a lot of specely grappa and realy I didnt get drunk much of it even drunk a lot of it, seems only Lupas understand me here

They are quite good...yeah I know they are not good to be drunk.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
24.09.2008 - 16:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Elio on 24.09.2008 at 16:13

I wanna try Birra Peroni, remeber some seasons ago it was in italain stadions like commercial
----

apos;'
[image]
24.09.2008 - 18:39
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Bad English on 24.09.2008 at 16:57

Written by Elio on 24.09.2008 at 16:13

I wanna try Birra Peroni, remeber some seasons ago it was in italain stadions like commercial

I like it too
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
24.09.2008 - 18:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I cant get Birra Peroni here, only Morreti, but its only one time I bought about 20 bottles of it
----

apos;'
[image]
24.09.2008 - 19:53
Sunioj
I tried some Belgian beer recently at a 'beer festival'. Babars in lager form which I found later that it was 9% alcohol, pretty good stuff and also San Bernards which was just as good.
25.09.2008 - 01:59
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Does anyone know how long you can let wine sit out? We've had this huge opened bottle of Merlot sitting on our table for a few months now, but I can't stand wine so I never drink it, and everyone else there pretty much forgot about it.

Should I throw it out or is it still good?

BTW, I just found out that you can get wine boxes that look like those Hi-C juice boxes lmao - there's even a straw! You know, for the to-go kid...
29.09.2008 - 23:06
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
2 buck chuck KILLS. red wine only though.

and i'm mixing my famed Everclear/Absinthe/Gatorade once i get my check tomorrow. updates will come as needed.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
29.09.2008 - 23:49
Hyvaarin
Written by Dangerboner on 25.09.2008 at 01:59

Does anyone know how long you can let wine sit out? We've had this huge opened bottle of Merlot sitting on our table for a few months now, but I can't stand wine so I never drink it, and everyone else there pretty much forgot about it.

BTW, I just found out that you can get wine boxes that look like those Hi-C juice boxes lmao - there's even a straw! You know, for the to-go kid...

1. Dude, after just a couple of days wine can get gnarly.
2. Box wine (aka "goon") is enormously popular in Australia. Fucking cheap and tolerable to drink. I fucking love it.

Because France doesn't have all the ridiculous alcohol taxes that exist in Australia, I've been able to buy wine for like 1 euro lately. This is so goddamn awesome.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
30.09.2008 - 00:09
necrovamp
hmm i like beer from the wychwood brewery, hobgoblin, wychcraft, etc etc although i do like dark ale most i like most types. i however do not drink 'lagerbeer' it is pisswater crap and tastes of nothing, if a pub doesn't sell 'proper beer' i just drink coke.
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
30.09.2008 - 23:43
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Hyvaarin on 29.09.2008 at 23:49

Written by Dangerboner on 25.09.2008 at 01:59

1. Dude, after just a couple of days wine can get gnarly.

Oh, well I guess that explains why it tasted so vile... I drank some of it a day or two after I posted that message lmao. I'm just a beer person I guess...
01.10.2008 - 19:56
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by LeChron James on 29.09.2008 at 23:06

and i'm mixing my famed Everclear/Absinthe/Gatorade once i get my check tomorrow. updates will come as needed.

wtf? everclear/absinthe/gatorade? that's so fucked up it can only come from a twisted, hammered mind such as yours...
01.10.2008 - 22:44
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Valentin B on 01.10.2008 at 19:56

wtf? everclear/absinthe/gatorade? that's so fucked up it can only come from a twisted, hammered mind such as yours...

trust me man, that shit is not to be taken lightly. my cousin and i almost got shot by my uncle on our way back into his house because one of us knocked a plate off the dinner table, causing it to break and prompting my uncle to grab his gun. yeah people arent supposed to go from 112% FADED to stone sober in a matter of 20 seconds.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
03.10.2008 - 12:56
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by LeChron James on 01.10.2008 at 22:44

trust me man, that shit is not to be taken lightly. my cousin and i almost got shot by my uncle on our way back into his house because one of us knocked a plate off the dinner table, causing it to break and prompting my uncle to grab his gun. yeah people arent supposed to go from 112% FADED to stone sober in a matter of 20 seconds.

shit man.. does it taste good?
03.10.2008 - 20:19
Branzig
I love dark, hoppy, or just plain interesting brews (spiced, flavored, especially pumpkin ales). Love the Brewskies. No domestics here though, other than micros, otherwise imports.

Really digging on STONE brewers right now. They make the now-famous Arrogant Bastard Ale, but they also make a fine other choices. The Guardian is a beautiful barley wine, and at 17%, a couple of those will be making you feel good. They also have a fine choice in IPA's and other fine crafted brews. I also enjoy Rouge, they come out with some interesting things. Oh, and if you can find anything from Sail Breweries, I highly recommended them. Real good stuff.

I love beer!
----
In Grind We Crust
03.10.2008 - 20:34
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Branzig on 03.10.2008 at 20:19

I love dark, hoppy, or just plain interesting brews (spiced, flavored, especially pumpkin ales). Love the Brewskies. No domestics here though, other than micros, otherwise imports.

Really digging on STONE brewers right now. They make the now-famous Arrogant Bastard Ale, but they also make a fine other choices. The Guardian is a beautiful barley wine, and at 17%, a couple of those will be making you feel good. They also have a fine choice in IPA's and other fine crafted brews. I also enjoy Rouge, they come out with some interesting things. Oh, and if you can find anything from Sail Breweries, I highly recommended them. Real good stuff.

I love beer!

@ arrogant bastard ale LMAO so if you get drunk on it you act like Yngwie Malmsteen or Dave Mustaine in their respective "primes"?
03.10.2008 - 20:56
Branzig
Quote:
@ arrogant bastard ale LMAO so if you get drunk on it you act like Yngwie Malmsteen or Dave Mustaine in their respective "primes"?

hahaha, no, then I wouldn't be able to drink the stuff! The bottle is hilarious though. If you ever get the chance to read it, do it lol. It basically has a short essay on the back full of insults, explaining why you aren't worthy enough to buy, let alone drink, this fine ale. It really is hilarious.

That's what is so awesome about STONE, they make kick ass brews plus have an awesome sense of humor to go along with them!
----
In Grind We Crust
03.10.2008 - 23:04
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Valentin B on 03.10.2008 at 12:56

Written by LeChron James on 01.10.2008 at 22:44

shit man.. does it taste good?

the taste is solely based on the flavor of the gatorade and how much is put in. if too much, then the drink is fully palatable, causing people to drink more and going into the abyss. if too little is mixed in, then it just tastes like hell in a glass. if youre ever on this side of the globe, namely california, or vice versa, a party is in order, with this as the party favor:thumbup:
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

04.10.2008 - 00:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Branzig on 03.10.2008 at 20:19

They also have a fine choice in IPA's

Ypou got a link to the brewer's site?

I am a huge IPA fan but also porters and stouts are my beers of choice.

The Great Divide's Yeti Oak Aged Imperial Stout FTW. Okay it's not 17% just only 9.5% but fucking incredibly brilliant.

Next year or the year after I am planning to go to the beer festival in Chicago with friends.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.10.2008 - 00:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Btw does anyone here knwo Dead Guy's Ale? Really good US beer but I forgot what brewery it is from so please help me out. Only 6.7%
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996