Metal Storm logo
Alcohol

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 08.06.2008 - 23:46
This is the new alcohol thread...discuss your favorite alcohol beverages...
25.12.2008 - 01:10
Gigginova
Account deleted
Written by Rozz on 24.12.2008 at 00:12

Absynth is bad ewwwww

are you fvcking kidding me?!?! lol, it's like a better version of Jagermeister.

and it DOES NOT make you see things,t hat's all a lie (I had some when I was in Italy over the summer).
25.12.2008 - 01:18
Gigginova
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.12.2008 at 21:26

Written by Ernis on 24.12.2008 at 15:58

Written by [user id=160] on 22.12.2008 at 01:29

PURE RUM IS FVCKING NASTY

Depends on the quality and brand of the rum...drinking the cheapest versions can be nasty indeed...

Exactly. Get a geat quality 35 year old rum and it can taste divine.

hmmm well.....you two have fun with that lol. I can't handle straight rum at all. Here in The Bahamas, mostly every rum you can think of is available, but me and the other local Bahamians mostly go for Ron Ricardo or Bacardi (epecially Anejo).....Anejo is awful straight, but it's my favourite to mix! But then again, last year I was very into shooting, but nowadays I don't take straight shots anymore........

anyway, dad got some people to go to the U.S. and get us cases of beer that aren't available in Bahamas, for Xmas

Blue Moon Belgian White
and
George Killian's Irish Red

I've had the Irish one previously, but I'm just trying the Blue Moon today, it's not bad...i've had like about 4 already. Blue Moon is available in Nassau, The Bahamas actually.....but only in very veryyyy specific parts of town.....it's available in ONE restaurant and in one small, low-quality looking liquor store next to a police station in one ghetto area. Those are the only two places I've seen Blue Moon available.
25.12.2008 - 01:20
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by [user id=2084] on 25.12.2008 at 00:30

Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum isn't nasty straight....

i find it to be too sweet to require a chaser or mixer of any kind. there are far nastier and vile drinks to take straight.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
25.12.2008 - 02:00
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I remember a summer when a group of friend of mine bought a bottle of Absynth only to see things and when we didn't we were pretty dissapointed so now I know hahaha...

@LeChron James: Coke actually works pretty well with CMOSR...JD is nasty straight...
25.12.2008 - 06:47
Gigginova
Account deleted
Written by [user id=2084] on 25.12.2008 at 02:00

I remember a summer when a group of friend of mine bought a bottle of Absynth only to see things and when we didn't we were pretty dissapointed so now I know hahaha...

@LeChron James: Coke actually works pretty well with CMOSR...JD is nasty straight...

Yes! I went to Europe with some school mates during summer, and some Americans accompanied us, me and a few of the americans tried the absinth and we saw nothing! it's all a lie! just because ONE person haluscenated, they made it illegal yaknow lol
28.12.2008 - 23:56
Rozz
Written by [user id=160] on 25.12.2008 at 01:10

Written by Rozz on 24.12.2008 at 00:12

Absynth is bad ewwwww

are you fvcking kidding me?!?! lol, it's like a better version of Jagermeister.

and it DOES NOT make you see things,t hat's all a lie (I had some when I was in Italy over the summer).

haha well i must of had a really bad absynth haha it was not the best tasting and i drink basicly drink anything. but for new years i will be on it hehe but a better absynth
29.12.2008 - 21:13
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by [user id=160] on 25.12.2008 at 01:18

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.12.2008 at 21:26

Written by Ernis on 24.12.2008 at 15:58

Written by [user id=160] on 22.12.2008 at 01:29

PURE RUM IS FVCKING NASTY

Depends on the quality and brand of the rum...drinking the cheapest versions can be nasty indeed...

Exactly. Get a geat quality 35 year old rum and it can taste divine.

hmmm well.....you two have fun with that lol. I can't handle straight rum at all. Here in The Bahamas, mostly every rum you can think of is available, but me and the other local Bahamians mostly go for Ron Ricardo or Bacardi (epecially Anejo).....Anejo is awful straight, but it's my favourite to mix! But then again, last year I was very into shooting, but nowadays I don't take straight shots anymore........

anyway, dad got some people to go to the U.S. and get us cases of beer that aren't available in Bahamas, for Xmas

Blue Moon Belgian White
and
George Killian's Irish Red

I've had the Irish one previously, but I'm just trying the Blue Moon today, it's not bad...i've had like about 4 already. Blue Moon is available in Nassau, The Bahamas actually.....but only in very veryyyy specific parts of town.....it's available in ONE restaurant and in one small, low-quality looking liquor store next to a police station in one ghetto area. Those are the only two places I've seen Blue Moon available.

forgive my n00bness but from the rum i've had(captain morgan), don't ask what color it was, it was dark orange-maroon or something lol, i've tasted it and it tasted like a tiny bit little sweeter version of Jack Daniels(sour mash variety) and weaker in terms of alcohol concentration. is most rum like that or is it like we are led to believe in the rum-flavored candy bars?(sweet, slightly sharp taste and moderately strong?)

a few days ago i've drank straight dry gin(Wembley), tastes really good, can't decide which is better: gin and tonic or just gin

regardless, 100ml of it got me slightly bombed lol, but then again it might be my fault too, i drank all of it in 2 sips lol and i have little alcohol-resistance(though that's a good thing as i don't have to spend a fortune every night to get bombed out of my mind)
29.12.2008 - 22:20
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Bacardi is great shit...I got a Mickey of that for Christmas...I never had that stuff before and I'll tell you that it's a lot better quality than the Captain...
30.12.2008 - 04:25
Gigginova
Account deleted
@Valentin B: Well Jack Daniels is not rum, it's whiskey.
30.12.2008 - 04:27
kkktookmybaby
My uncle died from drinking tequila every day
30.12.2008 - 05:53
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
I am never chasing Everclear with wine ever again. retarded move on my part, i know but i didnt care. and bonus points for drinking vodka and vitamin water in the Best Buy parking lot at noon today while my friends had to go to an AA meeting LOLOLOL
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
30.12.2008 - 06:44
Hellkommando
I am not a huge drinker these days, but when I do rarely drink I enjoy whiskey, port, vodka, absinthe and wine. I can't narrow it down to one drink lol but I probably drink port and wine the most.
----

Formerly Desolate Gale
31.12.2008 - 00:34
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by [user id=160] on 30.12.2008 at 04:25

yeah i know, but i still compared the two drinks

anyway i presume there will be some rum where i'm having the new year's eve party, i'll try some more there
31.12.2008 - 04:06
Gigginova
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 31.12.2008 at 00:34

Written by [user id=160] on 30.12.2008 at 04:25

yeah i know, but i still compared the two drinks

anyway i presume there will be some rum where i'm having the new year's eve party, i'll try some more there

I recommend Bacardi Anejo.....If you're daring enough to try something totally buckwild, Bacardi 151 Proof.
*sigh* I dunno of any particular new year's eve party in town yet.
10.01.2009 - 03:00
Gigginova
Account deleted
My dad just said something really cool ......

"A bottle doesn't hold the answers to your problems in life, but it's just simply a way of saying FUCK IT!"
10.01.2009 - 13:00
Ernis
狼獾
It's me schoolmate's birthday tomorrow and I bought a bottle of French pastis for him....hope he'll love it....and me and the others will help him finish the bottle.....
10.01.2009 - 14:05
Piro
Personally, I generally don't drink too much, but when I do it's Finlandia, Absolut, or Spiritus.

I remember awhile back when we were in Poland my father bought some Austrian Rum that was 80% Alchohol and god knows how high proof. Barely a sip of that and you could feel your whole body on fire.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
10.01.2009 - 17:17
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Piro on 10.01.2009 at 14:05

Personally, I generally don't drink too much, but when I do it's Finlandia, Absolut, or Spiritus.

I remember awhile back when we were in Poland my father bought some Austrian Rum that was 80% Alchohol and god knows how high proof. Barely a sip of that and you could feel your whole body on fire.

The only rum of 80% I saw in stores is Stroh...an Austrian brand...it most probably is the one....I once bought a small bottle....nice... : )
80% must be 160 proof I think....
11.01.2009 - 14:24
Piro
No clue, but it was in a bottle that resembled a somewhat shrunken version of a Johnny Walker.

And indeed, it was rather "nice"! ;p
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
15.01.2009 - 08:21
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
HELL YEEEUH. saturday night is gonna be CRACKIN. Caribou Lou, an ounce of LeChron James and whatever other party favors decide to bring are on the menu. Jungle Juice is also a potential candidate for beverage.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

15.01.2009 - 12:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I tryd absint it was awesome, tsty, tasy weird to, like ancient medicine, i tryd 60% of alcohol, damn I dunno why many people dont like it 200 grams and I had healty sleep
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.01.2009 - 03:23
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Fuckin caribou lous the most unsympathetic beverage ever. like ever ever.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

20.01.2009 - 20:06
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Absinthe is over rated, the only reason people hallucinated back in the day was because they put arsenic in it, so case and point. I've had, 160 proof and I can't say it was very good, then again I hate the taste of black liquorise.

Got up at quarter to 8am, lit a cig and started drinking some nasty beer; it's been a new low since I don't like beer, still don't. The best booze is oddly Sailor Jerry's spiced rum, definitely the best flavour, easy to go down, it's 47% alcohol but it works well and the hang over isn't as prominent if you even get one.
22.02.2009 - 00:45
Gigginova
Account deleted
I was at the 2009 Greek Festival in my town, and I shot a liqueur called Koum Quat! It looks beautiful and it tastes nice, wayyyyyyy better than Ouzo! (I don't like Ouzo).

08.03.2009 - 00:39
Gigginova
Account deleted
I went to a Greek Restaurant downtown, and Mythos is available in Nassau (but only there in Athenas Cafe)!! I haven't had that beer since summer when I was in Greece.

I recognised the waiter, he went to school with me, but graduated in 2002....I had 2 Mythos and he gave me an extra free one for the road! Damn that's some good shit.
21.03.2009 - 18:42
VPeter
I recently tried Wychwood's Hobgoblin beer and I really like it. Quality British beer. I see that Wychwood has plenty of other beers, does anybody have tasted them here? Or am I the only one who enjoys British Beer?
21.03.2009 - 23:37
Gigginova
Account deleted
Written by VPeter on 21.03.2009 at 18:42

I recently tried Wychwood's Hobgoblin beer and I really like it. Quality British beer. I see that Wychwood has plenty of other beers, does anybody have tasted them here? Or am I the only one who enjoys British Beer?

I've never had that particular one, but I've tried Ales from the U.K. before....ahh I love them
23.03.2009 - 03:01
Gigginova
Account deleted
Oh wow, check out this site:

http://www.beerstore.com.au/

*beergasms*
23.03.2009 - 05:20
tulkas
el parcero
Written by [user id=160] on 23.03.2009 at 03:01

Oh wow, check out this site:

http://www.beerstore.com.au/

*beergasms*

#3 on the top ten sellers is the erdinger non-alcoholic cool site, although there's no colombian beers, and we do have really good beers here
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
02.04.2009 - 14:19
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
I like tequila,whiskey, and rum.
maybe a few plain beers here and there i really like all european beer.