Metal Storm logo
Alcohol

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 08.06.2008 - 23:46
This is the new alcohol thread...discuss your favorite alcohol beverages...
04.10.2008 - 03:00
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
forget the brewery. i tried some - i think it was Dead Guy's - had a skull and something dead in the name. sucked, honestly.

favorite beers at the moment:

Sammy Adams Light
Sunshine Wheat (from New Belgium, more famous for Fat Tire)
Big Sky Brewing Company (Montana - famous for Moose Drool and Troutslayer, amongst others)

Paulaner Salvatore Double Bock is AWESOME.
Fuller ESB is good stuff
Harps is good as well

Going out I'll also go with the Guinness draught.

As for the italian beers - Moretti, Perona - I just didn't like them. Ugh.

Aside from beer, I'll also enjoy scotch, primarily Islay malts. Favorite marks include:

Laphroaig 18
Lagavulin 16
Laphroaig 15
Talisker 18
Ardbeg 10
Laphroaig 10
Talisker 10
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
04.10.2008 - 03:28
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.10.2008 at 00:44

Btw does anyone here knwo Dead Guy's Ale? Really good US beer but I forgot what brewery it is from so please help me out. Only 6.7%

yeah I've mentioned it like three times lol. It's brewed in Oregon by Rogue Ale.

My roommate works for one of the biggest beer distributors in the US and he brought home a pack of some Pumpkin Ale. It sounds gay, but I still want to try it.
04.10.2008 - 06:01
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by LeChron James on 03.10.2008 at 23:04

if youre ever on this side of the globe, namely california, or vice versa, a party is in order, with this as the party favor

it might be that i just returned from a party and had been awake, with a 2 hour sleep, for about 23 hours, but i didn't get this part. absinthe though is hard to find here, and so is everclear though, so i don't think i could try doing one of those cocktails. the idea sure sounds fine though
04.10.2008 - 06:07
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Valentin B on 04.10.2008 at 06:01

if youre ever on this side of the globe, namely california, or vice versa, a party is in order, with this as the party favor

it might be that i just returned from a party and had been awake, with a 2 hour sleep, for about 23 hours, but i didn't get this part. absinthe though is hard to find here, and so is everclear though, so i don't think i could try doing one of those cocktails. the idea sure sounds fine though

well then i'll explain. if youre ever in california, we're partying hard with my cocktail of doom. and if i'm ever over on your side of the globe, i'll import some if i cant find it over there.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
04.10.2008 - 08:08
Branzig
Quote:
Ypou got a link to the brewer's site?

I am a huge IPA fan but also porters and stouts are my beers of choice.

The Great Divide's Yeti Oak Aged Imperial Stout FTW. Okay it's not 17% just only 9.5% but fucking incredibly brilliant.

Next year or the year after I am planning to go to the beer festival in Chicago with friends.

Yea, it is just stonebrew.com

Going to a beer festival would be killer. I need to make some time in my life to do something along those lines...of course I only live about 6 hours away from Oregon, and for those who don't know, Oregon has some of the finest breweries in the country.

Ahhhh, the drunken memories I have of Oregon haha

----
In Grind We Crust
04.10.2008 - 12:29
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by LeChron James on 04.10.2008 at 06:07

well then i'll explain. if youre ever in california, we're partying hard with my cocktail of doom. and if i'm ever over on your side of the globe, i'll import some if i cant find it over there.

yeah dude, it'll be hammatime
04.10.2008 - 12:41
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Valentin B on 04.10.2008 at 12:29

Written by LeChron James on 04.10.2008 at 06:07

yeah dude, it'll be hammatime

CANT TOUCH THIS. DUH NUH NUH NUH.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
04.10.2008 - 23:40
Gigginova
Account deleted
@ LeChron James and Valentin B

anyway ummm, I'm gonna try this French Wine what my grandmother gave to me.

Barron Phillippe De Rothschilde (It's a Merlot)

She's a wine enthusiast and she's always giving me and my mother free bottles of wine. It's all love
05.10.2008 - 01:22
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by Author on 04.10.2008 at 23:40

@ LeChron James and Valentin B

anyway ummm, I'm gonna try this French Wine what my grandmother gave to me.

Barron Phillippe De Rothschilde (It's a Merlot)

She's a wine enthusiast and she's always giving me and my mother free bottles of wine. It's all love

...that's great! i love wine....happily my parents too so i drink it often
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
05.10.2008 - 04:49
Hyvaarin
ptc the red Kronenbourg is absolute shit.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
08.10.2008 - 15:34
Valentin B
Iconoclast
ah, 2006 Chateau Arthur white Feteasca semisweet.. tastes pretty fucking good tbh.
11.10.2008 - 02:23
Gigginova
Account deleted
@varda:

well in The Bahamas, it's a holiday weekend, Monday is off for Columbus Day. Well, a few years ago the name got changed to "Discovery Day" for some gay PC reason.

so dad got me some Jagermeister and Rum (Bacardi Anejo).
15.10.2008 - 23:17
Valentin B
Iconoclast
yesterday i tried some Captain Morgan. didn't taste too different from whiskey
15.10.2008 - 23:23
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
lol that's the most popular brand of rum here. It's only 35%, but I still hate it because it's rum.

and for some reason I feel like saying this --> Jim Beam > Jack Daniel's
16.10.2008 - 10:38
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Dangerboner on 15.10.2008 at 23:23

lol that's the most popular brand of rum here. It's only 35%, but I still hate it because it's rum.

come to think of it it tasted exactly like jack daniel's old no.7
09.11.2008 - 18:58
VPeter
I am pretty new when it comes to alcohol and generally I am a casual drinker and never go over the top. When it comes to the standard beer I settle with Hertog jan, but I prefer Guiness the most and is one of my favorites. I prefer more bitter British and Irish beers. I also like Spannish and French wines and besides Guiness I really enjoy Esbjaerg Vodka(Dannish vodka 40%) and I will try a new vodka brand soon, Ursus Rotter Vodka(Icelandic 21%). I also want to try whiskey soon, recommendations anyone?
09.11.2008 - 21:54
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I'm in a somewhat "hate beer, love wine" phase right now lmao. haven't drunk a beer in more than a month, and i drink wine almost daily lol

compared to the average beer you can find here, some wines taste like heaven.
11.11.2008 - 00:35
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...i won't be drinking much usually...my body is asking me to stop lol...the truth is i'm recently getting terrible hangovers so i'll just quit everything except wine and maybe a beer in special events...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
11.11.2008 - 18:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by nana.MD on 11.11.2008 at 00:35

...i won't be drinking much usually...my body is asking me to stop lol...the truth is i'm recently getting terrible hangovers so i'll just quit everything except wine and maybe a beer in special events...

Hmm I feel latelay sleepy and tired from it I cantw ake up and also I cant stop, only when I feel free and ok and happy are summer, otherwise Im tired of it, but cant live whit out
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.11.2008 - 05:07
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by Bad English on 11.11.2008 at 18:40

Written by nana.MD on 11.11.2008 at 00:35

Hmm I feel latelay sleepy and tired from it I cantw ake up and also I cant stop, only when I feel free and ok and happy are summer, otherwise Im tired of it, but cant live whit out

...u can if u really want to and try...u just have to convince yourself u dont want it anymore...it can be difficult but it's not impossible, maybe little by little it'll be easier...
----
12.11.2008 - 22:11
DanielViking
BEER BEER!!!

super bock
sagres
heiniken
guiness
carlsberg
budweiser

also bayleys, some vodka and oporto's wine
13.11.2008 - 17:40
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Man, i fucking hate it when people classify whiskey cream as a "woman's drink"... it tastes AWESOME. the end.
13.11.2008 - 18:25
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Valentin B on 13.11.2008 at 17:40

Man, i fucking hate it when people classify whiskey cream as a "woman's drink"... it tastes AWESOME. the end.

Amen. Totally agree.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
13.11.2008 - 19:26
Abattoir
Staff
Generally I don't like white wines to much, but there are some exceptions, like Sauvignon and Chardonnay...I love these two. Both taste quite similar...a lttle bit sweet and light, and they are not not to strong also. Mmmm, just love it
13.11.2008 - 20:15
Deathamphetamine
Account deleted
Canadian premiums are the only beer I drink. Moosehead, Sleeman, Rickard's, Creemore Springs...its all good shit.
13.11.2008 - 22:26
DanielViking
Written by Elio on 13.11.2008 at 18:25

Amen. Totally agree.

x3 on that with you too guys!
14.11.2008 - 15:44
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by DanielViking on 13.11.2008 at 22:26

Written by Elio on 13.11.2008 at 18:25

Amen. Totally agree.

x3 on that with you too guys!

GAY WHISKEY CREAM DRINKERS F T W
14.11.2008 - 22:51
DanielViking
Written by Valentin B on 14.11.2008 at 15:44

GAY WHISKEY CREAM DRINKERS F T W

you wouldn't say that after drink a penalty shot bottle of that
14.11.2008 - 23:26
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Oh, i'd say it REALLY FUCKING LOUD lol
15.11.2008 - 00:28
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
JAEGERBOMBS! im working on my chugging and nothing motivates me to drink more, quicker than jaeger bombs. well, maybe irish carbombs but thats an entirely different story.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor