Metal Storm logo
Averse Sefira

23.07.2008 - 19:01
Conservationist

Averse Sefira

Not only are they from Texas, but they're good. Think of the third Immortal album colliding with Morbid Angel's "Altars of Madness."

Averse Sefira review

Interview: Trees don't pay taxes.

Averse Sefira on church burning, what it is to be a Hessian, why humans ignore the destruction of nature and why black metal is still relevant. Video interview with "A Year at the Wheel".

AVERSE SEFIRA interview
23.07.2008 - 19:05
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Yeah Im pretty sure I saw this band at a metal fest in my city a few months back, if I remember correctly the frontman kept holding up his hand in the "holding a goblet" type position like every 30 seconds.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
23.07.2008 - 20:18
Conservationist

I think you've got the band wrong -- both singers play instruments.
23.07.2008 - 20:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Just try it nothing but primitv BM there mych better bands anyway, but also it sint so bad if band has so many albums
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.07.2008 - 20:34
Damnated
Churchburner
from time to time they're really enjoyable. last year i was obsessed with Tetragrammatical Astygmata, i was listening to it almost 24/7. but now, they're just ok for me, especially since the new album was below my expectations. should re-listen to their albums, though, i miss their sound for some reason.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
24.07.2008 - 06:22
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
When I went to their site, I saw the homepage and thought to myself, "are all of those slashes in the page title really necessary? I then saw that there was both an English and a Portuguese version of the site. Didn't you say that they were from Texas? If so, why do they have a version of the site in Portuguese? Also, the Flash that they implemented on the main part of the site kind of annoyed me, especially the top animated banner that depicts the band.

Anyway, I'm listening to their song 'Plagabraha', and it's really good, but I don't really care for the vocals.
24.07.2008 - 06:56
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm not really into straight up super aggressive black metal (hard to explain - to me bands like that should just step it up a notch and play death metal), but they're still good and have much more variety in their music than bands like Dark Funeral and most Marduk albums. But, they're pretty boring live tbh :/
24.07.2008 - 23:18
TheBigRossowski

Battle's Clarion is a pretty good album. Haven't listened to Tetra yet, but I'm still thinking about buying it (?). And I'm also waiting for the interview to finish loading...my shit is so slow!

My cousin lives in Austin and sings for a band "Bereft of Reason"...don't check them out... haha. But Averse Sefira is probably one of the better bands to come out of that area.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
24.07.2008 - 23:19
ASiema113

Haven't heard their cd's at all, saw live though & can't say I was impressed...
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
24.07.2008 - 23:39
TheBigRossowski

Why does it seem like most musicians in black metal have something REALLY important to say? They all have a message to put out... some of them should be politicians.

These guys seem like they want to know more than they really know, haha.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
25.07.2008 - 02:56
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Conservationist on 23.07.2008 at 20:18

I think you've got the band wrong -- both singers play instruments.

Yeah, this singer also played guitar, but just in breaks and everything he'd raise his hand like that.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
24.02.2009 - 17:28
Conservationist

Quote:

AVERSE SEFIRA - ADVENT PARALLAX
Double-LP Vinyl Release on The Ajna Offensive

Advent Parallax combines grotesquely dissonant guitars, complex syncopation, and full throttle tempos to yield a black metal album of pure potency. With artwork provided by Jos A. Smith (of first Bathory album fame) and sane although obviously controversial public statements, Averse Sefira slam the full black metal experience into the base of your skull.

Averse Sefira - Advent Parallax @ The Ajna Offensive

Averse Sefira review @ The Dark Legions Archive

This news just hit the wires. I'm excited to see the album artwork in full. Jos Smith designed the Bathory goat from the first LP... his stuff is awesome.
26.02.2009 - 16:43
Conservationist

Me too. Never heard of Glorior Belli, but seeing Averse Sefira and Absu together will be great! Last time I saw Absu was at SOTNC around 2003-2005
28.03.2009 - 14:41
Lord_Regnier

Averse Sefira is a good band but it sounds too much like DM and not enough BM for my tastes.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
08.04.2009 - 19:06
metalhead3

It is good band and they have great picture cover from one album.
09.04.2009 - 03:07
Conservationist

A lot of black metal got more death metal toward the end of the genre.
30.04.2009 - 20:54
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
INteresting

Quote:

...we use the word "Hessian" to point to our interests as a cultural phenomenon rather than a hobby or weekend thing. Some "metalheads" find this outlook weird and pretentious, which mystifies me. So many people around the world dedicate the wholes of their lives to this music; they travel great distances to experience it, they refuse to cut their hair or cover their tatoos because they are unashamed and don't care if it costs them promotions at work... I don't think a transient term like "metalhead" captures any of this at all. I am a metalhead, yes, but more importantly I am a Hessian - to the death.
12.06.2009 - 16:37
Conservationist

Now touring Central America:

Quote:

This August, Averse Sefira will make their first ever appearances in Central America:

Friday, August 14 - La Bode - Ruta 2 3-47 4 Grados Norte Zona 4, Ciudad Guatemala, Guatemala

Saturday, August 15 - Museo de Antropologia e Historia - 3 Av. y 4 calle San Pedro Sula, Honduras

Sunday, August 16 - Bar Buhoos - San Salvador, El Salvador

http://www.aversesefira.com/

Pretty cool for a Texas band to do that.
12.06.2009 - 17:35
AbdelioR

I discovered this band after buying a shirt with the logo in the post before this, because I liked it. Then searching stuff on internet I saw that this shirt belonged to Averse Sefira, a band that I didn't know. They are preety cool, I never heared BM from Texas before. Great band.
----
97. Keep your Gore level down for your friends, you're still a social being.