Metal Storm logo
Old Man's Child - New Album Recorded

Century Media records have confirmed that Norwegian melodic black metal masters Old Man's Child are back at last... and with a vengeance.

The band led by guitarist / vocalist Galder (Dimmu Borgir) just returned to their Norwegian home from a trip to Gothenburg, Sweden, where they spent some weeks laying down the new unholy compositions at Studio Fredman with Fredrik Nordström, who had previously worked with the band on their "In Defiance Of Existence" (2003) and "Vermin" (2005) albums.

The new Old Man's Child studio album's title has not yet been revealed, but the release will feature Peter Wildoer (Darkane, ex-Arch Enemy, Pestilence, etc.) on drums and having freshly finished his takes for the total of 9 classy new songs, here is Peter's comment on the material and the recording session:

"After having being asked to be part of the new OMC album, I obviously went back and listened to the previous releases of the band, so I now am able to say that in my opinion, these new 9 songs are the best material I have heard of the band so far. There is a lot of more variety going on and the album will sound bigger than any other OMC record before.

As far as my performance goes, this is probably the best drumming I have ever recorded so far. I am extremely happy and proud of the session and there's a lot more double bass and blast beats on here than you have normally heard me doing, so look out for this great record!"

Source: bravewords.com
Band profile: Old Man's Child
Posted: 03.11.2008 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 125 users
03.11.2008 - 22:15
annodomini
At last for real.
----
the riddle wants to be...
03.11.2008 - 22:48
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Great. I will await this release with much excitement.
----
Coldgrits
03.11.2008 - 22:51
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
YAY! please be good
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
03.11.2008 - 23:04
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Gonna be freekin EPIC as always...cant wait!
03.11.2008 - 23:30
flamey
The world will come to an end when a band member says "This record is a bit worse than our last album to be honest, but oh well... we've done our best." xD
They always say "it's our strongest evar!"
04.11.2008 - 01:12
Rupert
Ya, what band members/record labels/producers say about a band's new album really doesn't matter because even if it was the worst pos out there they'd still say it's their best release to date. Oh well, hope it's good
04.11.2008 - 11:16
Sharlotte
Account deleted
Looking forward to it :-) any one got an idea of the release date?
04.11.2008 - 15:08
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Well recent releases have always shown that Galder reserves his cool riffs for OMC and that the ones in Dimmu Borgir are kinda lame....promises to be a fantastic release! I loved "Vermin" and from what they said in the post it seems there will be even more variation - I love variation
04.11.2008 - 18:54
Thryce
Retired Staff
elite
Written by Guest on 04.11.2008 at 11:16

Looking forward to it :-) any one got an idea of the release date?

Early 2009.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
04.11.2008 - 20:52
Metal George
OMC never let's me down. Glad to hear the new slbum will be faster.
04.11.2008 - 20:52
Metal George
OMC never let's me down. Glad to hear the new slbum will be faster.
04.11.2008 - 21:47
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
Good news. I'm looking forward to listen to it.
05.11.2008 - 00:50
ß
Problem?
Good to hear from them again.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
25.12.2008 - 07:15
Mull666
At last Galder returns!!! cant wait!!!

Hits total: 4980 | This month: 5