Metal Storm logo
Spotify Playlists

Original post

Posted by IronAngel, 15.07.2009 - 20:52
I suppose this could also go to General Music, but since I'm mainly interested in your metal feedback..

For those who use Spotify and know your way around metal, how would you like to make and post some playlists for others to listen to? Spotify's seIection is pretty limited when it comes to small releases, but it should work out well enough.

Personally, I have nothing finished that would appeal to most metalheads (unless Kate Bush, Tori Amos and Bat For Lashes floats your boat!), so I can't contribute anything right now.

I was hoping some doom metal experts would compile an "Essential Doom" playlist, since I'm lately very much into doom but am having a hard time finding new artists. Or, you know, do whatever you want. Think of this as one of those "Make your Essential Metal Compilation" topics, but with the difference that you can actually let others listen to them with ease, and you can create several thematic playlists. Ready? Go!
17.01.2017 - 23:34
Homars

Hi everyone!

So, I found this topic and decided to step out from the lurking shadows and participate in this post.
Since I found this site I've been a huge fan of the MS Awards, so, from the last two years, I have made the playlist of each style including the winners and the staff picks.
Hope you like it!
Of course, those albums that are missing, it's because they aren't available in Spotify, or aren't available in my country. Let me know about any issues or mistakes.
(I'll be updating MS Awards 2015 soon, if you are interested)

MS Awards 2014
Staff Picks
Winners
Best Alternative Metal Album
Best Ambient/Drone Album
Best Avantgarde/Experimental Album
Best Black Metal Album
Best Death Metal Album
Best Djent/Math Metal Album
Best Doom Metal Album
Best Extreme Doom Metal Album
Best Extreme Progressive Metal Album
Best Folk/Pagan/Viking Metal Album
Best Gothic Metal Album
Best Grindcore Album
Best Hard Rock Album
Best Hardcore/Metalcore/Deathcore Album
Best Heavy/Melodic Metal Album
Best Industrial/Cyber/Electronic Metal Album
Best Melodeath/Extreme Power/Gothenburg Metal Album
Best Melodic Black Metal Album
Best Metalgaze Album
Best Post-Metal Album
Best Power Metal Album
Best Progressive Metal Album
Best Sludge/Stoner Metal Album
Best Symphonic Metal Album
Best Thrash Metal Album
18.01.2017 - 00:06
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Homars on 17.01.2017 at 23:34

Hi everyone!

This is a cool idea! gj man.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
27.01.2017 - 17:24
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Homars on 27.01.2017 at 04:07

So, hereare the MS Awards 2015 playlists.

Enjoy!!

Hola amigo. Great work. And keep February 1 or 2 clear on your calendar!
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
28.01.2017 - 01:58
Homars

Written by BitterCOld on 27.01.2017 at 17:24

Hola amigo. Great work. And keep February 1 or 2 clear on your calendar!

Of course I will!!
25.04.2020 - 02:48
floleheros

If it could help, here comes the weekly charts of the site
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1qeMq1o5PQecyIsfKTEVlm?si=nrmq8DRcSK-_PkdIuO5pEA
Best regards.
02.06.2020 - 19:15
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Virus/COVID times playlist courtesy of Nikarg and i, colab, so tack on mre.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
06.07.2020 - 10:13
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Metal: The Very Best Of

This is my personal metal list, all types of genres and I have tried to handpicked the best song from various bands. Feel free to listen in to it
09.09.2020 - 13:59
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Long Songs: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0A1WU3OlnUnBfcnhprrL5A?si=fRtvlq-VQSC-G4_pEnad1A
(huge ass metal songs)

Norwegian Black Metal: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7pWd79bp229D3DZ4qBzlu5?si=tc1zmhlsTqi0ZV5amy0f7Q
(title is self explanatory)

Depressive Music: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5RJApy0nhl9SYheG1RXPVe?si=LPbDiq9YRtahXrNOWKko3A
(not only metal, but depre af)

Road music: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1diMHnNQvcZMlUWkD4qJKN?si=XdfHkMWqS56m7zdxr2tX5Q
(stuff i listen to while i drive)

Death & Mayhem: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3m4D7tKsw0Mt9r3BCQCMvw?si=tAhXE3wGRQ6rIEM4WSf49A
(fast, furious and relentless death, black and grindcore songs. For those days when you wanna piss off your neighbors)

Soundtrack: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/19bE8Qk9Gr3ibRYJha0ILu?si=qGmIO2DaQZSz88_DXWT_pQ
(basically all 1359 songs i love since... ever)
10.11.2020 - 11:08
Nail2thegun

Https://open.spotify.com/artist/2XaBcUKVsHhjg5IqUCCMnq?si=HTFzXIwZSB6SPLvcvysp5w
12.12.2020 - 18:54
Rattlehead.cz

I am not much into Spotify (I love my CD collection...), but I wanna give you a tip - new band Nungara and their very first song. The chef of this band is a Brazilian female guitar player/singer/screamer Noelle dos Anjos. You can know her from Youtube or Twitch.
https://open.spotify.com/album/7L8iipfIDIxPqC2h0Iq7vu?highlight=spotify:track:7zIAVZEHfpvAONuiGbGts7
15.01.2021 - 08:20
fabiocc

:thumbup:
29.01.2021 - 09:02
Gothic Metalhead
Pro Introvert
I made a gigantic playlist filled with nothing but gothic metal songs. I have debated whether I should shorten it or not, but I haven't updated the playlist in a while.

I made the playlist because most gothic metal playlists on Spotify contain songs that were not gothic metal like say symphonic or industrial-sounding bands. It drove me nuts so I had make a playlist with the words "Real Gothic Metal."

What do you guys think? Should I make a shorter version? Should I update the list?

spotify:playlist:27SfydmTFjyg61ul0W8GEh
01.05.2022 - 16:36
nikarg

For whomever might be interested I have been keeping a metal music Spotify playlist for each year since 2020. The rule is one song per band and all (or most, anyway) genres are included. I used to put them in my signature in 2020-21 but I decided to stop that because I don't really want to promote the Spotify platform on our website. However, users have asked me for the 2022 playlist via PM so here are all three of them:

Metal 2020
Metal 2021
Metal 2022

I hope you find stuff you like here and subsequently support the bands that you feel deserve your money.
01.05.2022 - 19:57
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
24.02.2023 - 17:02
nikarg

Written by nikarg on 01.05.2022 at 16:36

For whomever might be interested I have been keeping a metal music Spotify playlist for each year since 2020. The rule is one song per band and all (or most, anyway) genres are included. I used to put them in my signature in 2020-21 but I decided to stop that because I don't really want to promote the Spotify platform on our website. However, users have asked me for the 2022 playlist via PM so here are all three of them:

Metal 2020
Metal 2021
Metal 2022

I hope you find stuff you like here and subsequently support the bands that you feel deserve your money.

And here is Metal 2023.
03.03.2023 - 16:54
Ebiolley10

Amazing! Thank you all metalhead brothers!
07.03.2023 - 14:21
Qualeen

----
So imminently visible - this cloaked innocent guilt
Sentenced to a lifetime, a second of structured chaos
Trampled by the ferocious, raging crowds of solitude
I'm the soil beneath me soaking up the sustenance of my own death.
[Meshuggah]
26.04.2023 - 14:26
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Stoner/Sludge/Doom

Scoop this on spotify.
14.11.2023 - 08:18
mde017

I am not the biggest fan of listening to music of the playlist. Even if on Spotify e.g. at work, in the car I am usually just playing an album. The only time I listen to Spotify playlist is if I am going to the gig I tend to see if someone put together a setlist band plays that year to get a refresher of their music without going throug whole discography. Sometimes as well when participating in Festival and having a band I am not familiar with but eager to check out I am using Spotify generated playlist called This is (name of artist) e.g. recently I am checking This is Orange Goblin and This is High on Fire. If I get hooked/interested I switch to albums anyway shortly.
----
Okręt mój płynie dalej gdzieś tam
Serce choć popękane chce bić
Nie ma Cię i nie było jest noc
Nie ma mnie i nie było jest dzień
10.02.2024 - 10:02
nikarg

Written by nikarg on 24.02.2023 at 17:02

Written by nikarg on 01.05.2022 at 16:36

Metal 2020
Metal 2021
Metal 2022

And here is Metal 2023.

I have started Metal 2024.