Metal Storm logo
Bruce Springsteen

23.09.2009 - 21:08
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Bruce Springsteen - A man, a legend, the boss.

In my opinion one of the best artists ever, an amazing song writer and a true performer. His lyrics are usually nothing short of amazing, his songs are pure genius - I don't see any other way to describe them. He captures the desperate, hopeful, daring and dangerous spirit of youth like no one else. I honestly feel his songs are some of the most emotional out there.

What are all your favourites? My personal would either be 'Born To Run' or 'Jungleland'. Both are typical Springsteen tracks in my opinion - a mix of love, romance, hope, despair, high 'n mighty and rock bottom topped off by beautiful lyrics and genius sax solos.

Needless to say 'Born To Run' (album) ranks high among my favourites ever.

Any other Metal Stormers into The Boss?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
24.09.2009 - 00:42
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
The only boss worth listenin' to.

I don't own any albums myself, but I used to listen to the album Magic at work all the time under my cousins recommendation. Very good stuff, but frankly a bit hard to swallow after an hour or so.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.09.2009 - 01:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Lucas - Image you live in time whit out i net, you're not rich but cant live whit out hard work, and there aint no match to do how walk in emty Pfiladelfia streets, or drive in lonley highway in Iowa, his lyrics are smiple, but also deep, they say much, also his muisc is woundergull its not pure rock, there also other instruments ''Born In USA'' is my fav, ''Born To Run''
He's artists who's one on the best of albums shood be in home
I havnt heard early once, but I hav heard Born To Run album, its wounderfull, and good, each song is amazing, same Darkness on the Edge of Town, Nebrasca, Born In The USA, those are all what I have heard , but maybe others to, dont know, damn I wanna go beck in 1997/99 summer time old good beer n tapes whit his muisc, windows open n night smell comes into room

Well I say he's city's Neil Young Willy Nelson or Jonney Cash
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.09.2009 - 22:11
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
I'm a big fan. No need to really add anything to Lucas' description, I basically agree on all points. i particularly like his songs that tell some sort of a story (there are many such songs).

Due to this, my personal favorites would be "The River" and "Atlantic City". I particularly like the full-band arrangements of the latter track, I find the original Nebraska version to be too sparse.
29.09.2009 - 17:21
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Bought "Working On A Dream" today. Listened to it once. It sounds good, happier, although I haven't read the lyrics yet. Some say it is because of Obama. Who knows?
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
30.09.2009 - 05:15
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Yeah I like Bruce...covered their songs in a few bands...such as Born In The USA and Dancing In The Dark...just good solid rock and roll....
08.04.2010 - 18:07
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I don't know what it is about him, but the more I listen to his songs, the more I love them. They just get better each and every single time.

I can understand why people hate him/his work, especially in the metal community, but I'll forever cherish his work. I need to get more of it.
----

10.04.2010 - 13:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lucas on 08.04.2010 at 18:07

I can understand why people hate him/his work, especially in the metal community, but I'll forever cherish his work. I need to get more of it.

because they are posers I agree whit you, more I listen more I like it but many mussicans like him in metal comunity metal whit out such music can not survive, blues, jaz, folkk, country , accustic are connected and its metal roots
----

apos;'
[image]
10.04.2010 - 17:33
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Well seeing how I was born in Northern New Jersey, where The Boss lives and writes all his songs about, and my parents are huge fans (my dad has seen Springsteen about three dozen times), I was raised on his music. It is part of who I am...and I love it.
----
(space for rent)
19.06.2011 - 13:57
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Sad, sad day...
----

19.06.2011 - 16:21
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
19.06.2011 - 17:42
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Of the pictures I've seen of them together... They looked like good friends, a shame indeed
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
27.03.2012 - 09:18
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Got the new album a few days ago. Probably amongst one of my favourite albums of his now. "Shackled And Drawn" is probably my top pick off it.

I don't know what it is about him, but the more I listen to his songs, the more I love them. They just get better each and every single time.

Agreed. Looking at my post from 2009 I spoke about having a hard time stomaching him for more than an hour, over the past year and a half or so I find myself listening to more and more of him for much longer periods of time. Either my tastes are changing or I've just learned to appreciate him more.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
27.03.2012 - 09:55
Branzig

Written by Doc G. on 27.03.2012 at 09:18

Got the new album a few days ago. Probably amongst one of my favourite albums of his now. "Shackled And Drawn" is probably my top pick off it.

Agreed. Looking at my post from 2009 I spoke about having a hard time stomaching him for more than an hour, over the past year and a half or so I find myself listening to more and more of him for much longer periods of time. Either my tastes are changing or I've just learned to appreciate him more.

Definitely.

Being an American, I love The Boss. I think it should be an amendment to the US constitution to love The Boss.

Pretty much his entire discography is golden. Old to new, New to old.
----
In Grind We Crust
05.04.2012 - 16:56
Lucas
Mr. Noise
The new album is growing on me, but like much of his later work, it just doesn't pack the punch. but that's almost inevitable. And I just spent a shitload of cash on a massive canvas of the Born to Run album. Awesome.
----

29.12.2012 - 23:27
Nemo Atkins

I've listened to three Bruce Springsteen albums ("Darkness On The Edge Of Town", "Born In The USA" and "Wrecking Ball": I only listened to "Wrecking Ball" last night after about six months of not getting around to it and I got "Darkness On The Edge Of Town" as a christmas present). Whilst I'd be lying if I said they were some of my favourite albums, they definitely are great albums that I'll be enjoying for a good while to come.

EDIT: Just invested in the other albums before "Born In The USA". Will be giving them a good listen over the next few weeks (which might well end up taking a lot longer than I think it will: I also invested in Thin Lizzy from "Nightlife" to "Black Rose" and the entirety of Simon & Garfunkel's discography (which I technically invested in ages ago, but I'm going to give them the chance I originally wanted to give them when I first got them), so it's more likely to be a couple of months before I've got through everything).
30.12.2012 - 01:09
Cream
Account deleted
His first two albums are classics, the rest is just as boring as U2 after the 80s. But Death to My Hometown from his last album is pleasable since it has a celtic sound.
30.12.2012 - 03:08
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
Very much into the Boss. Born to Run is an exquisite album, damn near perfect for sure. The lyrics are stunning, impeccable, solid gold. They capture youth, the streets. Raw and beautiful
----
19.01.2013 - 14:10
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Like a Boss. I myself enjoy Springsteen music a lot, I wish I could see the many play live. His concerts of epic lengths with E-street band are something anyone, who's heard him play live, will say you need to experience. I love him for his music and his passion playing it and entertaining public.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
20.01.2016 - 23:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by AnGina-- on 19.01.2013 at 14:10

Like a Boss. I myself enjoy Springsteen music a lot, I wish I could see the many play live. His concerts of epic lengths with E-street band are something anyone, who's heard him play live, will say you need to experience. I love him for his music and his passion playing it and entertaining public.

he is simple man, lives simple, dress like American trucker, his songs has city streets vibes, phily is his town and such things as American dream when in rare cases it comes true, its a key to his music, no meter, era, style, year it works to me
----

apos;'
[image]
21.01.2016 - 08:24
slim pickings
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 20.01.2016 at 23:14

he is simple man, lives simple, dress like American trucker, his songs has city streets vibes, phily is his town and such things as American dream when in rare cases it comes true, its a key to his music, no meter, era, style, year it works to me

He's a New Jersey native. Not Phily.
21.01.2016 - 17:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 21.01.2016 at 08:24

Written by Bad English on 20.01.2016 at 23:14

He's a New Jersey native. Not Phily.

shit I make mistake, I meant that town
----

apos;'
[image]
05.03.2019 - 01:32
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Nebraska is the only album that matters from him
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
06.03.2019 - 12:32
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by Maco on 05.03.2019 at 01:32

Nebraska is the only album that matters from him

You wish
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
08.10.2022 - 18:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----

apos;'
[image]