Metal Storm logo
You really like the band, so you buy their...

Original post

Posted by matos, 30.08.2006 - 22:49
You know the situation: you find a great new band, listen to few songs, you get more and slowly they become one of your favourite bands. Then you decide that they are great enough to be honored/supported by your wallet, so what do you buy (first) ?

Well, if you wonder why i have decided to ask you the question above, it's simple - i'm just curious
I shold probably start with myself, i'm into T-shirts, many reasons for that: -you tell the world:"this band rocks and i listen to them!" -it's the most useful merchandise of all -...

So what about you ?

Poll

You adore the band so you honer them by buying:

Their (latest) album
Their T-shirt (or other clothes)
All posible merchandise
nothing
Flag/banner

Total votes: 278
03.10.2006 - 16:00
Jinx
Account deleted
I'm not a huge collector of band shirts, i have a few but it's not something i buy ritually.
I always buy the albums though, that's the biggest amount of money i'll spend on a band...i buy everthing they've released.
13.10.2006 - 01:27
Jerk
Buy a CD. The tshirt only tells the world "I listen to this band! Look at me!". Bands aren't about wearing a tshirt. It's about the music!
----
Oct 1 - COB, BDM
Dec 7 - CC, BoO
13.10.2006 - 20:26
Panterised
Account deleted
I wud by the t-shirt and the cd .
13.10.2006 - 22:20
Ernis
狼獾
I do not possess any piece of clothing bearing a band's name.....I do not consider this necessary....It is not about showing the world "OH I LISTEN TO THEM!"...Jerk, you are completely right.....if there is any possibility to get their original I would do that....
13.10.2006 - 22:30
Bitch Boy
By buying the latest CD. I only buy band t-shirts as a souvenir of a concert.
14.10.2006 - 00:57
Xaphiris
Heh, I went with "NOTHING" because, although there are duzins of bands I really like, I wouldn't go so far as to buy their merchendise, plus albums around here are expensive and rare [still, I own an Opeth T-shirt, a poster, a CD and a vynil ]
----
14.10.2006 - 03:20
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
If I really like them a lot I'll buy their cd if I have the cash that is. I have a handful or so of band shirts, but I haven't bought any thing like that lately.
17.11.2006 - 17:21
Dark Snake
Account deleted
I recently got a new Cradle of Filth T-shirt, and the new album. That means I buy both T-shirts AND CD's. I like to support the bands that I like.
17.11.2006 - 21:36
RavenLord
CDs. For me, having at least 2/3 of the band's back catalogue is the most important indicator of whether I'm potty about them or not. From there, I'll get a t-shirt, but music always comes before merchandise in my mind.
----
19.11.2006 - 06:59
Gothya
I'm not used to buy a lot of merchandise from any band, I actually just get cd's and I try to get all the albums from the band I really like; I got 2 t-shirts from this band, although I may get merchandise in a future, it's not what really interests me; cd's are all I care the most; plus I'll keep buying all my fave band coming up albums, as long as they continue making music I'll support them
----
OUR HEART MAKES THE PLANS,BUT IT IS THE LORD WHOM DIRECTS OUR STEPS
19.11.2006 - 17:52
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by RavenLord on 17.11.2006 at 21:36

CDs. For me, having at least 2/3 of the band's back catalogue is the most important indicator of whether I'm potty about them or not. From there, I'll get a t-shirt, but music always comes before merchandise in my mind.

I think I'll agree with that
----
20.11.2006 - 21:42
master of gods
Account deleted
their albums is the best reward for them !! IMO
23.11.2006 - 20:09
Sepulchral Oath
Account deleted
Written by [user id=2131] on 20.11.2006 at 21:42

their albums is the best reward for them !! IMO

That may be true on a mindset level, but as far as financially, buying a band's merchandise directly from them is the best for them. They make very little money off of cd sales, unless, again bought directly from the merchandise table at a show. I believe that most bands, especially in the US, make a majority of their money from merch sales at shows.
27.11.2006 - 08:19
Winter Death
Account deleted
^^^ Though the logic makes sense, I can't help but hit the albums first and then move on to merch. I think any of the artists out there would agree that the number one thing we can do for them is buy their albums.

The reasons:
1- It is the ultimate showing of respect.
2- It is all about the music, everything else can wait.
3- If we don't buy the albums, the record company will drop the artist and they will essentially be out of the job.
10.12.2006 - 16:24
..HumanError..
Account deleted
Written by [user id=16136] on 27.11.2006 at 08:19

^^^ Though the logic makes sense, I can't help but hit the albums first and then move on to merch. I think any of the artists out there would agree that the number one thing we can do for them is buy their albums.

The reasons:
1- It is the ultimate showing of respect.
2- It is all about the music, everything else can wait.
3- If we don't buy the albums, the record company will drop the artist and they will essentially be out of the job.

I agree
11.12.2006 - 20:09
AssassiNation
Account deleted
I voted for the latest album.
I buy T-shirts (if, as Klaara said, there are some for girls ) and banners, also, but the reason I voted for the albums is that I buy them more often.
11.12.2006 - 21:41
Defenestrate
Account deleted
i voted latest album.. tho if its a band ive just got into i buy every album available
07.01.2007 - 00:59
Kurzag
Account deleted
I find it more intersting having all the discography. But if I really thinks that the band kicks ass and became one of my all time favourites, I will try to buy some t-shirts.
13.01.2007 - 21:54
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
As long as i have enough money, i buy their albums.
T-shirts are necessary.
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
14.01.2007 - 13:59
Bankler
Account deleted
I buy their t-shirts and download their album (some thimes i buy it). They get their money from the t-shirt insted of the album.
14.01.2007 - 23:53
Charly546
i buy usuallt cd-s
it's the music that matters, not the t-shirt
15.01.2007 - 12:28
Judas
The Amputator
When I hear a band and I really want something of theirs, I'd go for the logical choice - an album. If it's good, then I'll get some more albums, and then go on to other things if they're worthy.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
15.01.2007 - 17:38
TheKreator
Account deleted
i voted for "all their items"...of course in the limit of my wallet ...if i really like a band, i'd like to have a t shirt with them , their album of course...
16.01.2007 - 13:25
Drizzling Blur
Account deleted
Damn, lemme get a job first , but honestly if i really like a band, id definitely buy all their items ever released.
17.01.2007 - 00:13
drum fiend
Account deleted
I said album because chances are the songs you heard were the better songs. You cant love and adore a band and buy all fo there merchandise off of a few songs.
17.01.2007 - 22:17
Lioncourt
I must admit that I am a stupid materialistic moneyspender, so I buy everything possible.
----

Think twice before you buy furr! http://www.strasbourgcurieux.com/fourrure/
23.01.2007 - 03:11
Kozza
Account deleted
If I adore a band I adore their music. And if I adore the music on an album I buy the album.

I only buy an album if the music on it is going to be something I'll find worth listening to. I don't have the money nor really the desire to go and buy a band's entire catalogue if not all of it is worth buying, especially since there are so many albums from other bands that I'd like to buy.

I don't have much other merchandise because it's not as important to me as the music itself is.
25.01.2007 - 12:00
APOHAKC
The Bard
Even if I want to buy whole catalogue of all of my favorites bands it would be impossible, not only because the money, money I have but because I live in the middle of fuckin nowhere. The nearest town is 6 Km and it is not far, but there you can find merchendise only of the major bands, so I bought almost every CD or T-shirt of all bands I listen. You can always order by internet or go to bigger city, but I am not a fan of selling like this, once I ordered Wizard's Odin, and Thanatos's Angelic Encouters digi albums and get it in pieces.

But I always want to have CD or at least tape of bands I like, mp3 is fuckin shit, but my favorite format is vynil, I just like how they sound and all about them.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
26.01.2007 - 13:18
Ulven i Manden
Account deleted
I buy records... this is the most important thing - music. To make my records collection more completed.
26.01.2007 - 13:35
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
I buy everything coz its a good way to support a band and show some love....
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(