Metal Storm logo
Roadburn Festival - Winter And More Confirmed

As you all remember vividly, the 2011 edition of the Roadburn Festival will be hosted by Sunn O))). And now they have finally confirmed the first bands. Here's the official press release:

Legendary doom pioneers Winter, along with Earth, Scorn, Beaver, Aluk Todolo, Menace Ruine, Hooded Menace, The Secret and Atilla Csihar's Void Ov Voices, have been confirmed for Sunn O)))'s curated event at Roadburn Festival 2011, set for April 15th at the 013 venue in Tilburg, Holland.

As curator, Sunn O))) (Greg Anderson and Stephen O'Malley) are personally selecting the bands that will play during their special event, as well as performing a headlining show. Sunn O))) is Roadburn's fourth curator, following David Tibet in 2008, Neurosis in 2009 and Triptykon's Tom Gabriel Warrior at this year's festival in April.

Sunn O))) comments: "Sunn O))) is honored to present the first part of our guests for the curated day at Roadburn, April 15th 2011. They represent a broad range of bands we are fans of, and in many cases some of our closest friends and collaborators. We hope you appreciate the selection, and look forward to announcing more of our selection and allies... we will follow up soon with some words on each band specifically, so watch this space."

Also Godflesh, Pentagram, Shrinebuilder, Voivod, Candlemass and Evoken, among others, will be playing Roadburn next year. Go to this location for more line-up details.

Source: roadburn.com
Band profile: Winter
Event: Roadburn Festival
Posted: 20.11.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 48 users
20.11.2010 - 04:33
Fat & Sassy!

Sounds like a nice line-up for a funeral.
20.11.2010 - 19:49
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Sick-ass line-up. Void Ov Voices? Tekutukuuuuu, perderpeduuu!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
20.11.2010 - 21:12
Symmachus

Sounds like a really good line-up for the festival. I would love to go there, although it's in Europe and I'm an American still in school. Oh, and great job on getting Winter, since the band was split up.
20.11.2010 - 21:22
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Tickets go on sale the 27th hopefully will be able to get hold of one once again. Last year it sold out in about 30 minutes. I think that will be even faster this time. But then again only about 2100 tickets are on sale.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 2790 | This month: 5