Metal Storm logo
Japanische Kampfhörspiele

07.03.2011 - 02:58
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
For the longest, longest time now I've been searching for !T.O.O.H.!-alikes and I think these German grinders are probably the closest I'm ever going to get, be that an overstatement or not considering what they sound like (probably not that much like !T.O.O.H.!, I dunno, think more Pod Valdou Bice rather than Rad A Trest). While they don't share everything with them there's certainly a whole bunch similar (the vocals for one) as well as a flowing sense of technicality and randomness.

Anyway, I'm not even halfway through the 'Bilder Fressen Strom' album so I might be jumping the gun a bit but I'm convinced I'm gonna be big fans of them for a time and a half. A shame though really as they split up last month or so.

A couple of tracks from the Bilder Fressen Strom record.

07.03.2011 - 04:39
The Turbanator

Not a big fan of grind but that first track is just WOW! Love it.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
07.03.2011 - 04:45
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by The Turbanator on 07.03.2011 at 04:39

Yeah I find most grind to be balls to the wall noisy nonsense but there are a few bands out there that have a bit more imagination to their style. These guys are pretty interesting if nothing else.
07.03.2011 - 05:44
The Turbanator

Written by Guest on 07.03.2011 at 04:45

Written by The Turbanator on 07.03.2011 at 04:39

Yeah I find most grind to be balls to the wall noisy nonsense but there are a few bands out there that have a bit more imagination to their style. These guys are pretty interesting if nothing else.

Just downloaded that album and am impressed! They sound like Nasum a little bit at times, and I fucking love Nasum.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
07.03.2011 - 06:48
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Similar to Nasum? Sign me up too.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.03.2011 - 07:53
The Turbanator

Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.03.2011 at 06:48

Erm sorry? Don't get what you mean there. You mean link you up with Nasum stuff?
----
07.03.2011 - 14:38
Promonex
Cathemeral
My very first grind band <3

Haven't really followed their releases after 2005 despite catching them three times live since then. Guess I'll have to check out Kaputte Nackte Affen at the very least, their "deunion album" as they call it.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
07.03.2011 - 16:34
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by The Turbanator on 07.03.2011 at 07:53

Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.03.2011 at 06:48

Erm sorry? Don't get what you mean there. You mean link you up with Nasum stuff?

No, you said they remind you of Nasum, and I love Nasum, so I'll probably be checking these guys out eventually.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
12.04.2011 - 18:17
The Turbanator

Can't... stop... listening... to... them.... Argh!
----
16.04.2011 - 11:01
KC

Aye, good band. They've been around for so long and yet they are so underrated.

For those who are into experimental grind (Contrastic and the like), do look into One Step Beyond. 'Life Imitates Art' is recommended.
----
Transcending Obscurity Records | PR Company | Online Magazine (est 2005)

http://www.tometal.com
http://www.facebook.com/transcendingobscurity
17.04.2011 - 22:41
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by KC on 16.04.2011 at 11:01

For those who are into experimental grind (Contrastic and the like), do look into One Step Beyond. 'Life Imitates Art' is recommended.

I love Contrastic (made on thread on them too which went down like a lead balloon) so I'll definitely check those guys out.
18.04.2011 - 16:17
The Turbanator

Written by KC on 16.04.2011 at 11:01

don't mind giving me a sample of how Contrastic and One Step Beyond sound like?
----
21.01.2012 - 19:41
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Promonex on 07.03.2011 at 14:38
Guess I'll have to check out Kaputte Nackte Affen at the very least, their "deunion album" as they call it.

I friggin loved their swansong, such a fun and insane album. More people should check out this band (and album), it's hard to find stuff so forward thinking.

I have no idea why there are hot chicks in the video but I'm obviously not complaining.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
21.01.2012 - 19:59
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by X-Ray Rod on 21.01.2012 at 19:41

I have no idea why there are hot chicks in the video but I'm obviously not complaining.

Because somebody thought it would be a fun idea to use the video of Benny Benassi's "Satisfaction" with a song by JaKa.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
21.01.2012 - 20:01
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Promonex on 21.01.2012 at 19:59
Because somebody thought it would be a fun idea to use the video of Benny Benassi's "Satisfaction" with a song by JaKa.

Wise decision... Now I can fap with hot chicks AND listening to good music, not like that lame ambient "sexy" jazz.
----
Rod, let me love you.
22.01.2012 - 15:47
IncoherentScream

For some reasons I can't get your guys embedded videos to work, so I went to YouTube found a video for a song of theirs; "Verram Am Metal". From what I can discern in the comments the lyrics translate to "..we butter the bread with butter." I can think of nothing more metal than that. And no, there isn't a hint of sarcasm there. Digging the hell out of this.
22.01.2012 - 15:50
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by IncoherentScream on 22.01.2012 at 15:47

For some reasons I can't get your guys embedded videos to work, so I went to YouTube found a video for a song of theirs; "Verram Am Metal". From what I can discern in the comments the lyrics translate to "..we butter the bread with butter." I can think of nothing more metal than that. And no, there isn't a hint of sarcasm there. Digging the hell out of this.

Here are the links to the tracks that has been posted by us.
Kaputte nackte Affen
Die Schlachtung
Links

You are welcome.
----
Rod, let me love you.
22.01.2012 - 16:19
Promonex
Cathemeral

The song is called "Verrat am Metal" which translates to "Betraying metal". It's about how JaKa should become commercial, so that their music would become a job for them and they would just copy one to one what works and what people would pay for, i.e. music driven by money and marketing, not by passion.

We Butter The Bread With Butter is actually a German whatevercore band that makes fun of the novel-length band names you usually have in metalcore and deathcore. Their music is trashy, the lyrics are ironic and they borrow all the clichés you can find in the genre. And people here in Germany love them. In fact they are everything JaKa sing about in "Verrat am Metal", so their shouter buttering a bread of butter in the video might be considered as a side blow. But as WBTBWB only had their breakthrough one year after the song was released, it's more likely that JaKa are clairvoyants.
----
22.01.2012 - 16:23
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Promonex on 22.01.2012 at 16:19
true story

Mind = blown.
Nice trivia.
----
Rod, let me love you.
23.01.2012 - 05:35
IncoherentScream

Written by X-Ray Rod on 22.01.2012 at 15:50

Here are the links to the tracks that has been posted by us.
Kaputte nackte Affen
Die Schlachtung
Links

You are welcome.

Thanks.
23.01.2012 - 05:37
IncoherentScream

Written by Promonex on 22.01.2012 at 16:19

The song is called "Verrat am Metal" which translates to "Betraying metal". It's about how JaKa should become commercial, so that their music would become a job for them and they would just copy one to one what works and what people would pay for, i.e. music driven by money and marketing, not by passion.

We Butter The Bread With Butter is actually a German whatevercore band that makes fun of the novel-length band names you usually have in metalcore and deathcore. Their music is trashy, the lyrics are ironic and they borrow all the clichés you can find in the genre. And people here in Germany love them. In fact they are everything JaKa sing about in "Verrat am Metal", so their shouter buttering a bread of butter in the video might be considered as a side blow. But as WBTBWB only had their breakthrough one year after the song was released, it's more likely that JaKa are clairvoyants.

Now the video not only makes more sense but is ten times as awesome as it was before. Add to the fact that JaKa seem to be able to see the future and I'm more on board then ever. Thanks for clearing things up.
02.02.2012 - 21:13
loukritia_vorgia
Account deleted
I am a big fan of grindcore.I liked this band very much.Really good stuff.I expect more bands in this field.
02.02.2012 - 22:21
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 02.02.2012 at 21:13

I am a big fan of grindcore.I liked this band very much.Really good stuff.I expect more bands in this field.

Check out the likes of !T.O.O.H.!, Contrastic and A Million Dead Birds Laughing for other unusual and offbeat grindcore.
03.02.2012 - 12:27
The Turbanator

Written by Guest on 02.02.2012 at 22:21

Written by Guest on 02.02.2012 at 21:13

Check out the likes of !T.O.O.H.!, Contrastic and A Million Dead Birds Laughing for other unusual and offbeat grindcore.

A Million Dead Birds Laughing is a very good album. Got to check Contrastic out.
----
19.02.2012 - 01:07
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by pazuzuovbabel on 19.02.2012 at 00:16
that what i meant, the hype within grindcore community, You pick it up for MS staff, get a nomination , and on my facebook...

LOL

Sorry, I don't think you really know what "hype" means. If you base "hype" on one website... no... scratch that because I do NOT represent MS's opinion.

If you base "hype" on one man's opinion along with some other users. Because we were like... 8(?) staff/elite users taking care of the nominations for grindcore this year and 3-5 of them gave this album votes for it to be good enough for the top 10?...That isn't hype. Look for the other numbers... an overall rating of 7,8 here... Only 8 users gave it a rating. Hype?

What grindcore community?... many people don't even know this band even those who listen to grindcore. They are well known in the german grindcore scene but that's about it and just recently they got some attention internationally with emphasis on "some". I haven't seen any commens on any magazines either. In the end... It's FINE if you don't like it because that IS your opinion and you have the right for that but the comment about hype is flat out wrong because you are just exaggerating the numbers
----
Rod, let me love you.
03.01.2019 - 18:14
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Great to see Japanische Kampfhörspiele are featured here. Besides early Carcass, JaKa is the only Grindcore band I am still digging. In particular, I love the harsh sarcasm in their lyrics, smartly bashing media, music business, consumer society and - last but not least - themselves.
----
signatures = SPAM