Metal Storm logo
Haunted!

19.03.2011 - 15:22
MechanisT
Account deleted
Hello there! I have an (unhealthy) infatuation with ghosts, apparitions and similar types of paranormal actitivities. I'm sure most of us have heard stories of such kinds of anomalies. I'm really interested to hear your stories! Please do NOT make up one! Only REAL stories that you've experienced first-hand or heard from someone you're familiar with...
P.S.: Anyone who doesn't believe in these things shouldn't bother to comment. You'll be doing us both a favor.

EDIT: There are some specific haunted places that I'd like to know more about. They are:

Greyfriar Kirk Cemetery, Scotland (some say one of the most "active" places on earth.)
The castle of the original Dracula, Count Vlad, Transylvania, Romania
Athens, Ohio (apparently, there are 5 graveyards positioned in such a way as to resemble a pentagram.)
Colosseum, Rome, Italy
Chillingham Castle, England
Savannah, Georgia (considered as the most haunted city in the US; the story of Rene, a 7-foot boy with hair all over his face, supposed to haunt a graveyard now known as "Rene's Playground"...)

And others...also fascinated by stories of necrophagist ghosts/demons/spirits...
19.03.2011 - 20:16
Kitty
Well several years ago iv'e had a friend who has been apparently stalked by... something. or someone. that thing (whatever the hell it was) took some time exposing itself to other people and at first i was quite sure the guy was making the whole thing up, yet as time went by and i spent more of it around him iv'e eventually noticed strange stuff occuring. there were no breaking light bulbs or slammed doors, yet it was as creepy as hell. to be honest, the whole thing left me kinda unpeaceful, i'm not quite sure who (or what) was stalking him as we've never tried to communicate with it.
we named it dennis, though

i dunno if this all is relevant to you as it could be easily something other than ghost. yet that's my story.
----
...And I meowmeowmeow!
19.03.2011 - 21:21
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by [user id=109200] on 19.03.2011 at 15:22

P.S.: Anyone who doesn't believe in these things shouldn't bother to comment. You'll be doing us both a favor.

Now that just defies the point of a forum doesn't it?
19.03.2011 - 21:25
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by [user id=107773] on 19.03.2011 at 21:21

Forum, yes. Topic? No.
19.03.2011 - 21:29
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Kitty on 19.03.2011 at 20:16

Well several years ago iv'e had a friend who has been apparently stalked by... something. or someone. that thing (whatever the hell it was) took some time exposing itself to other people and at first i was quite sure the guy was making the whole thing up, yet as time went by and i spent more of it around him iv'e eventually noticed strange stuff occuring. there were no breaking light bulbs or slammed doors, yet it was as creepy as hell. to be honest, the whole thing left me kinda unpeaceful, i'm not quite sure who (or what) was stalking him as we've never tried to communicate with it.

i dunno if this all is relevant to you as it could be easily something other than ghost. yet that's my story.

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing your story!
Do you know of any other stories from where you come from? Any notoriously haunted places or well-known "ghostlores"?
19.03.2011 - 22:11
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by [user id=109200] on 19.03.2011 at 21:25

Forum, yes. Topic? No.

Well, yeah...

On topic...I don't know if this 'counts' as paranormal [which I don't believe in at all] but I get deja vu a hell of a lot. As a result, I map my dreams and the spookiest shit happened about 2 months ago, I was eating breakfast and the entire scenario was exactly as I dreamt a few months prior to the deja vu.

The logical explanation of course, is simply that the dream and deja vu experience were not the same.
19.03.2011 - 22:22
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by [user id=107773] on 19.03.2011 at 22:11

Written by [user id=109200] on 19.03.2011 at 21:25

Forum, yes. Topic? No.

Well, yeah...

On topic...I don't know if this 'counts' as paranormal [which I don't believe in at all] but I get deja vu a hell of a lot. As a result, I map my dreams and the spookiest shit happened about 2 months ago, I was eating breakfast and the entire scenario was exactly as I dreamt a few months prior to the deja vu.

The logical explanation of course, is simply that the dream and deja vu experience were not the same.

Lol...deja vu is actually a really common phenomenon, but yeah it IS kind of a weird experience. Same goes with intuition. Wouldn't call it paranormal, though, I think it's pretty normal for someone to be wooed by deja vu!
19.03.2011 - 23:18
ForeverDarkWoods
Most of the strange stuff that happened to me I nowadays attribute to drug use (about three years ago when I did way more drugs than I do now).

There was one time where I woke up in the middle of the night (like 3am) and felt really refreshed and full of energy. Somehow I felt an extreme, near irresistible urge to go out and get some air. I can't really explain it, but it was almost like I felt forced to go outside. I didn't mind a bit of fresh air, so I went outside and lit a cigarette. I ended up smoking the cigarette, and then decided to stay outside (same irresistible urge) and sit down on a bench, until at one point I looked at the time and it was a bit past four in the morning, which surprised me (since I felt like I'd only been out for maybe 20 minutes). For some reason, I still felt some kind of strange reluctance to go inside and go back to bed, but I didn't reflect further upon that.

After sitting down for another 10 minutes or so, a strange thought entered my head, where I thought that somehow it would be a really good idea to go for a walk down to the train station (at a little after four in the morning, the station was closed). So yeah, for some reason which I still cannot really grasp I started walking down to the train station. It was still pitch black outside (being winter) and this has pretty much been the only time where I've been walking through the centre of town when absolutely nobody was there. Not even cop cars or cabs (usually lots of them are out) were to be seen, so it was a very atmospheric ghost town setting, almost. I was still walking down towards the train station, when it hit me. What the fuck was I doing? Why was I even outside in the cold in the first place instead of at home in a warm bed? Upon that realization, where I just found out I had totally mindfucked myself, I went home again. Never went to the train station that night. And even if I had, I don't think I would have found anything.

The theory of paranormal involvement didn't hit me, and it only hit one of my female friends who was a bit into that shit when I told her about it. According to her, I might have been extremely lucky I didn't go down to the train station. I still don't think it was paranormal, and more a result of the chemicals I used to ingest back in those days fucking with my brain in unexpected ways (and yeah, I know exactly what happens when a chemical fucks with the way you're thinking, and it had all the trademark features so possibly I had some kind of flashback from something vile I had taken at some point).
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
20.03.2011 - 00:22
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I've had an entity in my life since I was four or five years old. When I was really young at first I thought it was a guardian angel, as I was initially raised semi-religious (my grandmother's a Christian and my grandfather is Pentecostal), but as I got older I read up on it and just figured it was an "entity" following me around. I wouldn't go so far as to claim it's a demon, as it's very tame and rarely makes its presence known.

I usually know when it's near as I feel an internal cold (even if my skin feels warm to the touch) and I feel more aware of my surroundings. If I look long enough at certain objects (lighter ones like a stick of deodorant or a en empty can of pop) it will gyrate slightly. I know a lot of people think it's all hocus pocus and there's a million scientific reasons for everything (THE WIND! THE WIND BLEW AND THAT MADE THE CAN GYRATE!) and there's no way anything non-scientific can exist (the soul = a collection of atomic particles blah blah snooore), but I'm fairly confident what lingers by unseen isn't just an overactive sense of imagination.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.03.2011 - 05:05
Kitty
Written by [user id=109200] on 19.03.2011 at 21:29

Do you know of any other stories from where you come from? Any notoriously haunted places or well-known "ghostlores"?

^^

well there actually WAS this building down the street which has been considered haunted (a certain apartment, actually) for often water-system explosions, casual screams in the middle of the night and stories of people running away after staying barely one night at their new 'home'. it even got to the newspapers once, it was kinda funny reading it since i've passed by it every day on my way to school. however i didn't hear any new stories about it the last years. first incident i published here was way, way creepier.
----
...And I meowmeowmeow!
20.03.2011 - 11:56
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 19.03.2011 at 23:18

Most of the strange stuff that happened to me I nowadays attribute to drug use (about three years ago when I did way more drugs than I do now).

There was one time where I woke up in the middle of the night (like 3am) and felt really refreshed and full of energy. Somehow I felt an extreme, near irresistible urge to go out and get some air. I can't really explain it, but it was almost like I felt forced to go outside. I didn't mind a bit of fresh air, so I went outside and lit a cigarette. I ended up smoking the cigarette, and then decided to stay outside (same irresistible urge) and sit down on a bench, until at one point I looked at the time and it was a bit past four in the morning, which surprised me (since I felt like I'd only been out for maybe 20 minutes). For some reason, I still felt some kind of strange reluctance to go inside and go back to bed, but I didn't reflect further upon that.

After sitting down for another 10 minutes or so, a strange thought entered my head, where I thought that somehow it would be a really good idea to go for a walk down to the train station (at a little after four in the morning, the station was closed). So yeah, for some reason which I still cannot really grasp I started walking down to the train station. It was still pitch black outside (being winter) and this has pretty much been the only time where I've been walking through the centre of town when absolutely nobody was there. Not even cop cars or cabs (usually lots of them are out) were to be seen, so it was a very atmospheric ghost town setting, almost. I was still walking down towards the train station, when it hit me. What the fuck was I doing? Why was I even outside in the cold in the first place instead of at home in a warm bed? Upon that realization, where I just found out I had totally mindfucked myself, I went home again. Never went to the train station that night. And even if I had, I don't think I would have found anything.

The theory of paranormal involvement didn't hit me, and it only hit one of my female friends who was a bit into that shit when I told her about it. According to her, I might have been extremely lucky I didn't go down to the train station. I still don't think it was paranormal, and more a result of the chemicals I used to ingest back in those days fucking with my brain in unexpected ways (and yeah, I know exactly what happens when a chemical fucks with the way you're thinking, and it had all the trademark features so possibly I had some kind of flashback from something vile I had taken at some point).

If I didn't know better, I would've definitely agreed with you, but, I've heard stories of spirits "guiding" you or possessing you in some way, to re-enact a certain portion of their activity when they were alive (most often enacting what happened just before their death). Coincidence? Can't nail it for certain...it can definitely be due to drug abuse (sorry for the harshness), or it might be paranormal activity after all. Anyways, thanks for sharing!

Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.03.2011 at 00:22

I've had an entity in my life since I was four or five years old. When I was really young at first I thought it was a guardian angel, as I was initially raised semi-religious (my grandmother's a Christian and my grandfather is Pentecostal), but as I got older I read up on it and just figured it was an "entity" following me around. I wouldn't go so far as to claim it's a demon, as it's very tame and rarely makes its presence known.

I usually know when it's near as I feel an internal cold (even if my skin feels warm to the touch) and I feel more aware of my surroundings. If I look long enough at certain objects (lighter ones like a stick of deodorant or a en empty can of pop) it will gyrate slightly. I know a lot of people think it's all hocus pocus and there's a million scientific reasons for everything (THE WIND! THE WIND BLEW AND THAT MADE THE CAN GYRATE!) and there's no way anything non-scientific can exist (the soul = a collection of atomic particles blah blah snooore), but I'm fairly confident what lingers by unseen isn't just an overactive sense of imagination.

Troy, that's fascinating! Did it manifest itself to you visually? I'd really love to know that! Regarding science, all I know is that science as we know it STILL has a LOT to progress. The arrogance of dismissing a potential notion is always detrimental to it's ultimate cause, so I've got nothing to say to people who're blind to the possibilities. To each his own, I guess.

Written by Kitty on 20.03.2011 at 05:05

Written by [user id=109200] on 19.03.2011 at 21:29

^^

well there actually WAS this building down the street which has been considered haunted (a certain apartment, actually) for often water-system explosions, casual screams in the middle of the night and stories of people running away after staying barely one night at their new 'home'. it even got to the newspapers once, it was kinda funny reading it since i've passed by it every day on my way to school. however i didn't hear any new stories about it the last years. first incident i published here was way, way creepier.

Thanks again! Please let me know if you ever hear more of such stories! ^ ^

Written by Bad English on 20.03.2011 at 15:47

There is ''Creapy'' and ''The Haunted'' TV series who's good
Me well, never seen a ghost, but I feel negative energy surounds me. sometimes demons n angels in close, I can feel it , maybe ghosts, they suck energy and Im start sweting, but once I read priest article about satan and a cup fall of from table
I walked in old castle, I saw Jesus pic on watter, I stop and look and nearby close big heavy stone fell, if I would walk its be on my head, I know one house whoäs all owners die in car accidents, all who bought it die in car crashes, its all what I can remeber , maybe there more, but its all what I can remeber

Bad, I more or less get what you're trying to say, but geez man when you try to elaborate, it's a friggin' NIGHTMARE to read! No wonder you're known as THE BAD ENGLISH, mate!

Written by Kasper on 20.03.2011 at 15:48

I don't know why, I happen to have a few friends - and specially one guy - who all have experienced some weird things.

My friend, who have had a few incidents with paranormal activity, told me these things he has seen and been witness to.
One time when he lived with his parents out in the country, EVERY wednesday night about 2 A.M, the watertap out in the kitchen would burst out with water - no one ever touched it. They only came to know about it, as his dad went for a drink in the middle of the night, and suddenly the tap opened and water poured out - and later on they saw this cycle every wednesday 2 a.m.
They thought it was indeed mysterious - and they tried to contact someone familiar with this stuff. Long story short, they dug into this and found out that back in the days, we're talking 16th century, the exact spot where the house is built, there used to be a route people used to reach water (theres a lake nearby that house). Quite strange indeed.

Same guy's family. But instead of living out in the country, they moved to a larger harbour town and bought a large living-boat. One day when the father went for a walk with the dog in the late evening, strange things occured. Firstly, while passing several street lights, he noticed that when he passed a street light, the light would go out for a few seconds and then go back to normal - it continued all the way back to the boat. Same evening their dog barked loudly while looking straight at the frontdoor, as if someone were standing there. The dog sat there for 20 mins or so, looking at the door. His father contacted a person who investigates this kind of stuff, who told him that it was probably a ghost who wanted inside the boat, had they opened the door that particular ghost would have "claimed" the boat. It was probably the same ghost who followed him while walking the dog earlier that evening.

I once visited a small town with a huge manor with many towerspires. But one spire is still standing unfinished, eventhough this manor was built like 500 years ago. Somehow it has been impossible to build the last spire, every time someone has tried to complete it, that person died - be that heartattack, falling down from the scaffolding, whatsoever. It might just be coinsidence that they all suddenly died while working that spire, but some say that when they built the manor many years ago, someone died while constructing the spire, and has since then haunted that exact spire, preventing it from being built.

That was awesome, man! Great stories! Compelling stuff! Be sure to tell me when you hear more.
20.03.2011 - 15:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
There is ''Creapy'' and ''The Haunted'' TV series who's good
Me well, never seen a ghost, but I feel negative energy surounds me. sometimes demons n angels in close, I can feel it , maybe ghosts, they suck energy and Im start sweting, but once I read priest article about satan and a cup fall of from table
I walked in old castle, I saw Jesus pic on watter, I stop and look and nearby close big heavy stone fell, if I would walk its be on my head, I know one house whoäs all owners die in car accidents, all who bought it die in car crashes, its all what I can remeber , maybe there more, but its all what I can remeber
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.03.2011 - 15:48
Kasper
I don't know why, I happen to have a few friends - and specially one guy - who all have experienced some weird things.

My friend, who have had a few incidents with paranormal activity, told me these things he has seen and been witness to.
One time when he lived with his parents out in the country, EVERY wednesday night about 2 A.M, the watertap out in the kitchen would burst out with water - no one ever touched it. They only came to know about it, as his dad went for a drink in the middle of the night, and suddenly the tap opened and water poured out - and later on they saw this cycle every wednesday 2 a.m.
They thought it was indeed mysterious - and they tried to contact someone familiar with this stuff. Long story short, they dug into this and found out that back in the days, we're talking 16th century, the exact spot where the house is built, there used to be a route people used to reach water (theres a lake nearby that house). Quite strange indeed.

Same guy's family. But instead of living out in the country, they moved to a larger harbour town and bought a large living-boat. One day when the father went for a walk with the dog in the late evening, strange things occured. Firstly, while passing several street lights, he noticed that when he passed a street light, the light would go out for a few seconds and then go back to normal - it continued all the way back to the boat. Same evening their dog barked loudly while looking straight at the frontdoor, as if someone were standing there. The dog sat there for 20 mins or so, looking at the door. His father contacted a person who investigates this kind of stuff, who told him that it was probably a ghost who wanted inside the boat, had they opened the door that particular ghost would have "claimed" the boat. It was probably the same ghost who followed him while walking the dog earlier that evening.

I once visited a small town with a huge manor with many towerspires. But one spire is still standing unfinished, eventhough this manor was built like 500 years ago. Somehow it has been impossible to build the last spire, every time someone has tried to complete it, that person died - be that heartattack, falling down from the scaffolding, whatsoever. It might just be coinsidence that they all suddenly died while working that spire, but some say that when they built the manor many years ago, someone died while constructing the spire, and has since then haunted that exact spire, preventing it from being built.
----
"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded"
21.03.2011 - 02:02
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by [user id=109200] on 20.03.2011 at 11:56

Troy, that's fascinating! Did it manifest itself to you visually? I'd really love to know that! Regarding science, all I know is that science as we know it STILL has a LOT to progress. The arrogance of dismissing a potential notion is always detrimental to it's ultimate cause, so I've got nothing to say to people who're blind to the possibilities. To each his own, I guess.

When I was young it appeared in the flesh, similar in many respects to a painted version of Jesus wearing the crown of thorns. (My mother tried convincing me that was my first psychic experience, but I fell out of belief in that stuff when I discovered most of her "intuition" was simply a result of being an alcoholic and drug addict - long story short.)

After that experience I've only caught glimpses of its physical form - no crazy eight-legged eagle-goat combination or whatnot, just a weary looking, old (maybe young but haggard) man (sometimes I wonder if it's a woman based on the build of the body), but again, those aren't full-fledged sightings. The most apparent it has come to me recently is in the shower when I close my eyes, I see a figure similar to the one that appeared when I was a child. It isn't surrounded by a wall of fiery death or anything like that, it's just a feeble body draped in a single body-length scarf or something to that effect. It's hard to describe.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.03.2011 - 10:32
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 21.03.2011 at 02:02

Written by [user id=109200] on 20.03.2011 at 11:56

When I was young it appeared in the flesh, similar in many respects to a painted version of Jesus wearing the crown of thorns. (My mother tried convincing me that was my first psychic experience, but I fell out of belief in that stuff when I discovered most of her "intuition" was simply a result of being an alcoholic and drug addict - long story short.)

After that experience I've only caught glimpses of its physical form - no crazy eight-legged eagle-goat combination or whatnot, just a weary looking, old (maybe young but haggard) man (sometimes I wonder if it's a woman based on the build of the body), but again, those aren't full-fledged sightings. The most apparent it has come to me recently is in the shower when I close my eyes, I see a figure similar to the one that appeared when I was a child. It isn't surrounded by a wall of fiery death or anything like that, it's just a feeble body draped in a single body-length scarf or something to that effect. It's hard to describe.

Dude, that's really scary! Imagine being woken up deep into the night, and the first thing you see is a translucent image staring at you! The uncertainty of it's intent is what eats you from inside, though. Anyways, thanks a lot for sharing, comrade!
By the way, does it still follow you around, to this day?
21.03.2011 - 18:01
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
I do have to many stories. I can write them out if you want.
A friend and I used to make road trips to haunted places all over California. Would take a week off work, get some weed, and head out. We did it just because it was something of interest. I have never really been that into the whole Paranormal thing but it is interesting to be around.
21.03.2011 - 18:17
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by [user id=113163] on 21.03.2011 at 18:01

A friend and I used to make road trips to haunted places all over California. Would take a week off work, get some weed, and head out. We did it just because it was something of interest. I have never really been that into the whole Paranormal thing but it is interesting to be around.

I've hit the jackpot!
Buddy, you've made my day. For the love of God, please PLEASE be my guest and shoot! Make yourself at home.
21.03.2011 - 19:42
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by [user id=109200] on 21.03.2011 at 18:17

I've hit the jackpot!
Buddy, you've made my day. For the love of God, please PLEASE be my guest and shoot! Make yourself at home.

There is this city in Colorado, USA called Colorado Springs. A old tunnel through a mountain had a ton of kids die. There was a snow storm that caused a cave in. The school bus was stuck and everyone died. We heard that you could drive into the tunnel at night then hear and feel hands touching the car. We put baby powder all over my car. Went into the tunnel. Sat there for a good thirty minutes. Heard some things. We drove out and a couple miles down the road. Got out with a flashlight. There were about 27 little kids hand prints on the car. It was pretty neat.
21.03.2011 - 20:20
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by [user id=113163] on 21.03.2011 at 19:42

Written by [user id=109200] on 21.03.2011 at 18:17

I've hit the jackpot!

There is this city in Colorado, USA called Colorado Springs. A old tunnel through a mountain had a ton of kids die. There was a snow storm that caused a cave in. The school bus was stuck and everyone died. We heard that you could drive into the tunnel at night then hear and feel hands touching the car. We put baby powder all over my car. Went into the tunnel. Sat there for a good thirty minutes. Heard some things. We drove out and a couple miles down the road. Got out with a flashlight. There were about 27 little kids hand prints on the car. It was pretty neat.

Awesome story, dude! You've got some guts, I'll give you that. You wouldn't find me near a mile from there...
Any more you'd like to share? I'm really interested to hear your stories, especially those connected with graveyards and such.
21.03.2011 - 20:39
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
I typed a couple stories up on a computer years ago. I do not remember the flash drive that they were on though. Sometime within the next couple days I will make a trip to my storage unit and search through them. If I can find them ill post them all.
21.03.2011 - 20:42
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by [user id=113163] on 21.03.2011 at 20:39

I typed a couple stories up on a computer years ago. I do not remember the flash drive that they were on though. Sometime within the next couple days I will make a trip to my storage unit and search through them. If I can find them ill post them all.

Please do that. Eagerly waiting for your stories.
P.S.: Do you know anything about Savannah, Georgia? I've heard it's the most haunted city in the US...
25.03.2011 - 01:35
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
@Troy: just to let you know, you aren't alone...

The following is one of the few that I have heard in the past few weeks, and I don't see my gf lying to me... So they are not stories.

first of all, guardian angels do exist... She have two in fact. They came during a car crash when she was 14, and have followed her since then. Normally I would not believe in such stuff... but my other friend from the other side of the world (who's had experiences of being possessed by both ghosts and demons) said her mother has a guardian angel too. Now... she also has two demons... One appears in the form of being half-wolf, half man. Not sure whether the wolf-man is a demon or spirit, but my gf says he's a protective presence and stays at the corner of her room around evening time. She can feel a chill when it enters. My friend said this one is a native American spirit as there are quite a few half wolves ones over the North American continent.

Now... the real deal. Basically, she played with ouija board in her room with her friend. Her friend screamed when she looked into the mirror because she saw a girl but with blood streaming down her eyes. they put the board away, until a year later, they tried again and this time all the lights in the room started flickering, candles went out and such... should I go on? lol
----
loves 小巫
25.03.2011 - 09:32
Valentin B
Iconoclast

that does depend which one you're talking about. Poenari castle (his real residence) is now in ruins, i've never heard of ghosts haunting the place and there's really not that much left to see(though i myself never visited it):

Bran Castle on the other hand is much more "touristic" and well-preserved(not being situated in the middle of nowhere on top of a giant cliff helped too) and even though it's more associated with Vlad III he never actually resided there. i visited it, no ghosts.
25.03.2011 - 12:45
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 25.03.2011 at 09:32

that does depend which one you're talking about. Poenari castle (his real residence) is now in ruins, i've never heard of ghosts haunting the place and there's really not that much left to see(though i myself never visited it):

Bran Castle on the other hand is much more "touristic" and well-preserved(not being situated in the middle of nowhere on top of a giant cliff helped too) and even though it's more associated with Vlad III he never actually resided there. i visited it, no ghosts.

Hey, thanks for the insight! I really didn't know the name of the supposedly haunted castle, although I'm pretty sure the latter was the one I was talking about. It's a bit disappointing hearing that it isn't haunted. By the way, do you believe in the "paranormal"? What's your take on strigois? Do you think they actually exist?
25.03.2011 - 12:54
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Ag Fox on 25.03.2011 at 01:35

@Troy: just to let you know, you aren't alone...

The following is one of the few that I have heard in the past few weeks, and I don't see my gf lying to me... So they are not stories.

first of all, guardian angels do exist... She have two in fact. They came during a car crash when she was 14, and have followed her since then. Normally I would not believe in such stuff... but my other friend from the other side of the world (who's had experiences of being possessed by both ghosts and demons) said her mother has a guardian angel too. Now... she also has two demons... One appears in the form of being half-wolf, half man. Not sure whether the wolf-man is a demon or spirit, but my gf says he's a protective presence and stays at the corner of her room around evening time. She can feel a chill when it enters. My friend said this one is a native American spirit as there are quite a few half wolves ones over the North American continent.

Now... the real deal. Basically, she played with ouija board in her room with her friend. Her friend screamed when she looked into the mirror because she saw a girl but with blood streaming down her eyes. they put the board away, until a year later, they tried again and this time all the lights in the room started flickering, candles went out and such... should I go on? lol

I'm with you, mate. No need to convince me, though I think that guardian "beings" should be more appropriate.
As for your story, it's downright scary! But I want to listen to it nonetheless. Please, go on...
25.03.2011 - 12:56
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by [user id=109200] on 25.03.2011 at 12:45

Hey, thanks for the insight! I really didn't know the name of the supposedly haunted castle, although I'm pretty sure the latter was the one I was talking about. It's a bit disappointing hearing that it isn't haunted. By the way, do you believe in the "paranormal"?

I used to, but now my interest is only in looking for such stories and finding ways to debunk them, as so many of these stories have already been exposed as bullshit yet many people still believe in them: the lochness monster, the shroud of turin, magic and countless ghost stories. like the guy from The Mentalist says: "ghosts are all smoke and mirrors".

now don't get me wrong, i've had some crazy experiences myself, mostly deja vu's, but then i realized they were all illusions or useless(i would only realize it was a deja-vu until after the experience, which isn't useful or relevant in any way). in my opinion though, if you're a crusty skeptic or really into this stuff, you will find ways in which your experiences "prove" what you were actually searching for anyway.
25.03.2011 - 13:08
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 25.03.2011 at 12:56

Written by [user id=109200] on 25.03.2011 at 12:45

Hey, thanks for the insight! I really didn't know the name of the supposedly haunted castle, although I'm pretty sure the latter was the one I was talking about. It's a bit disappointing hearing that it isn't haunted. By the way, do you believe in the "paranormal"?

I used to, but now my interest is only in looking for such stories and finding ways to debunk them, as so many of these stories have already been exposed as bullshit yet many people still believe in them: the lochness monster, the shroud of turin, magic and countless ghost stories. like the guy from The Mentalist says: "ghosts are all smoke and mirrors".

now don't get me wrong, i've had some crazy experiences myself, mostly deja vu's, but then i realized they were all illusions or useless(i would only realize it was a deja-vu until after the experience, which isn't useful or relevant in any way). in my opinion though, if you're a crusty skeptic or really into this stuff, you will find ways in which your experiences "prove" what you were actually searching for anyway.

I am a believer of "parallel existence", let's put it that way. There are scam/haoxes, not disputing that, but too many people have too many stories to tell, and that's something I can't overlook. There must be something that more than meets the eye...
Any story you'd like to share, or maybe heard? Like the case of Toma Petre, accused of being a strigoi? I'd love to hear them.
25.03.2011 - 13:32
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by [user id=109200] on 25.03.2011 at 13:08

Any story you'd like to share, or maybe heard? Like the case of Toma Petre, accused of being a strigoi? I'd love to hear them.

that's a piece of superstitious bullcrap if i ever heard one. at first i couldn't remember the exact name, but then i remembered the headlines his relatives and villagers made back in 2004. they exhumed his corpse which presented perfectly normal rotting symptoms. they put a stake through his chest and the gases that were accumulating in his body rushed out through his orifices, which they immediately deemed to be a deep sigh or something. they then burned his heart at a crossroads and drank the ashes diluted with water. that all this can happen in the 21st century is proof of the impotent education system which plagues Romania.

there was even a discovery channel series with a british guy who came to bucharest to investigate the issue, and "found a capital anchored in the middle ages". i live in an appartment block built in 1986, work in a 2 year old steel/glass building, one of the biggest buildings in the world (built between 1983 and 1996 or something) is located right in the center, and to travel between these 3 places, i use the metro system which was finished in 1990 or something. you have to take the stuff you see on TV with a pinch of salt, although i will give credit to the show for showing what people needed to see: real rotting corpses, which looked exactly like the poor stupid bastards described the "strigoi". in retrospective, just to see their reactions, i would have loved for someone to pose as the corpse while they exhumed it, and scare them shitless and film it, so that they would see what would happen if the shit was actually real and not some bullshit superstitious ritual.

there is also a silly belief people(including 20-somethings) still hold that people can cast spells (deochi, pronounced "deok") and it gets to the point of ridiculousness, saying that only people with blue eyes can do it and whatnot. the difference in culture between people of Bucharest and other places in the country was clearly seen when in Las Palmas, we had an argument over this superstition: me and a colleague, born and raised in Bucharest, kept saying it's just a silly superstition, while 3 other guys (from other parts of the country) maintained it was real.
25.03.2011 - 13:39
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 25.03.2011 at 13:32

Written by [user id=109200] on 25.03.2011 at 13:08

that's a piece of superstitious bullcrap if i ever heard one. at first i couldn't remember the exact name, but then i remembered the headlines his relatives and villagers made back in 2004. they exhumed his corpse which presented perfectly normal rotting symptoms. they put a stake through his chest and the gases that were accumulating in his body rushed out through his orifices, which they immediately deemed to be a deep sigh or something. they then burned his heart at a crossroads and drank the ashes diluted with water. that all this can happen in the 21st century is proof of the impotent education system which plagues Romania.

there was even a discovery channel series with a british guy who came to bucharest to investigate the issue, and "found a capital anchored in the middle ages". i live in an appartment block built in 1986, work in a 2 year old steel/glass building, one of the biggest buildings in the world (built between 1983 and 1996 or something) is located right in the center, and to travel between these 3 places, i use the metro system which was finished in 1990 or something. you have to take the stuff you see on TV with a pinch of salt, although i will give credit to the show for showing what people needed to see: real rotting corpses, which looked exactly like the poor stupid bastards described the "strigoi". in retrospective, just to see their reactions, i would have loved for someone to pose as the corpse while they exhumed it, and scare them shitless and film it, so that they would see what would happen if the shit was actually real and not some bullshit superstitious ritual.

there is also a silly belief people(including 20-somethings) still hold that people can cast spells (deochi, pronounced "deok") and it gets to the point of ridiculousness, saying that only people with blue eyes can do it and whatnot. the difference in culture between people of Bucharest and other places in the country was clearly seen when in Las Palmas, we had an argument over this superstition: me and a colleague, born and raised in Bucharest, kept saying it's just a silly superstition, while 3 other guys (from other parts of the country) maintained it was real.

Wow, that was hardcore. Yeah, stupidity is the biggest paranormal phenomenon out there, I guess. That's one of the few things that we won't ever have the answer to.
25.03.2011 - 14:11
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
@ValB
my friend is trying to cast a protective spell on me, and I believe her (you can think I am loony, I don't mind really :3)

@MT
I'll continue a bit later. Tied up right now
----
loves 小巫